read it on the internet
32 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - July 18, 2021, 1:30 p.m.

wonder if its close to true...."they were 174 more covid vaccine deaths in the US last week than covid deaths

Comments
By metmike - July 18, 2021, 3:12 p.m.
Like Reply

"they were 174 more covid vaccine deaths in the US last week than covid deaths

mcfarm,

I don't even have to look that up its so ridiculous. It's crap like that which SHOULD be censored because its the opposite of the truth and DANGEROUS! People believing it and deciding to not be vaccinated............WILL DIE!

Please tell us the source of your internet information.

U.S. COVID Deaths Are Rising Again. Experts Call It A 'Pandemic Of The Unvaccinated'

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/16/1017002907/u-s-covid-deaths-are-rising-again-experts-call-it-a-pandemic-of-the-unvaccinated

By metmike - July 18, 2021, 3:14 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - July 18, 2021, 3:17 p.m.
Like Reply

Propaganda, lying/ brainwashing sources like the one you read on the internet are NOT your friend mcfarm!

Please tell us where you got it from so when can expose them.

Captured brains            

Started by metmike - April 10, 2021, 12:32 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/67714/

By metmike - July 18, 2021, 3:22 p.m.
Like Reply

COVID-19 is killing more Americans than guns, cars and flu combined

https://fortune.com/2021/07/16/covid-19-kills-more-americans-than-guns-cars-flu-combined/

Falling behind on vaccinations

The U.S. vaccination campaign, however, has stalled. Once the envy of the world for its swift rollout, the U.S. has since been overtaken by more than 20 countries that now have better vaccine coverage, according to Bloomberg’s COVID vaccine tracker. The EU and China, which are currently administering shots at daily rates of about 4 million and 10 million doses respectively, are poised to blow past the U.S. in the next two weeks. 

Not only have U.S. vaccinations slowed to a trickle—just 530,000 a day, on average—but the gap between the most and least vaccinated counties in the U.S. continues to widen. That’s left some some communities especially vulnerable to delta. For unvaccinated people living in low-vaccination communities, the threat posed by COVID-19 is about as bad as it has ever been.

COVID vaccinations in the U.S. have already prevented roughly 279,000 deaths and 1.25 million hospitalizations, according to an analysis published last week by researchers at Yale University and the Commonwealth Fund. The report suggests that without vaccines, COVID would still be topping cancer and heart disease as the leading cause of death in the U.S.—even into the summer, when respiratory viruses typically fade into the background.

By metmike - July 18, 2021, 3:26 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - July 18, 2021, 3:27 p.m.
Like Reply

The 6 reasons Americans aren’t getting vaccinated

This is the challenge the US has to overcome to get back to post-pandemic normal.

https://www.vox.com/2021/6/2/22463223/covid-19-vaccine-hesitancy-reasons-why

By metmike - July 18, 2021, 3:37 p.m.
Like Reply

For those that actually care about science and want to read about how we bust the numerous false narratives and fake news related to COVID............here is some good stuff:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/72252/#72346

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/72252/#72348

Why am I thinking that the ones who should actually learn something from all those posts will get the least out of them (-:

Cognitive bias. Once we think that we know something, we interpret all new information based on what we think that we know.

Then, we go to places that tell us what we want to read and hear and confirm what we think that we know.............even as it leaves us vulnerable to having them  steal our intelligence. 

By GunterK - July 18, 2021, 5:27 p.m.
Like Reply

Hi mcfarm,

It looks like you have been listening to those news stations we are not supposed to listen to.

You need to listen to Dr Fauci and our gatekeepers. They tell us what is important for us to know. (sarcasm intended)

Obviously, I am not an expert, but I have done a lot of reading.

Right now it’s the Delta we are worried about.

It spreads quicker, and we must again use precautions when we go out into public places.

Israel has more experience with it than the USA, and their government tells us that the vaxx has an efficacy rate of only 64% on the Delta

A lot of information also comes from the UK equivalent of our CDC. Vaccinated people seem to have lighter symptoms and less infections than unvaccinated ones. But there is catch, especially for people over 50:

When you look at Delta deaths: once you are infected, the kill rate is 0.27% among vaccinated people, and 0.08% among unvaccinated people. This seems strange, but, coming from an authentic source, I would have to call this data “authentic”, even though you can only learn about such things on sites we are not supposed to visit.

It’s a shame…. people who don’t visit such sites, are literally brainwashed by our gatekeepers.

By GunterK - July 18, 2021, 6:01 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarm,

I need to add, the stats you quoted will be difficult to prove.... because vaccine deaths are usually not counted as vaccine death by our gate keepers. There always is an explanation of "unrelated to the vaccine"

By mcfarm - July 18, 2021, 7:49 p.m.
Like Reply

thanks Gunter....good reading your musings

MM, Gunter makes some good points. In the larger picture most know this theory is far fetched but if you remember the gov side has led many people to disbelieve them with many mysterys. And numbers sure can be manipulated by both sides

By mcfarm - July 18, 2021, 8:09 p.m.
Like Reply

so politifact calls it bunk because they say the deaths are "unverified vaccine deaths" now why do they get to call them unverified when the other side is using things like heart attacks and motorcycle wrecks in the covid death category?

By metmike - July 18, 2021, 8:41 p.m.
Like Reply

"Obviously, I am not an expert, but I have done a lot of reading.

It’s a shame…. people who don’t visit such sites, are literally brainwashed by our gatekeepers."

Is this the start of a new comedy act Gunter?

I'm not in Detroit taking care of my 95 year old Dad this week, so I will confront total bs right away.

Are you so oblivious to the truth on this that you will continue to embarrass yourself with this absurd anti vax bunk?

You aren't a dumb man, why do you think that you believe all this stuff?

I realize that I can hit you over the head with authentic science 10 times and it all gets completely  flushed down the cerebral toilet when you go to one of your anti science, anti government,  propaganda  charlatans  and read one bs article......that I have busted every time.

The affects and damage on you and mcfarm from these places stealing your intelligence can be multiplied by millions of republicans who are destroying their party and actually causing thousands of deaths by not getting vaccinated, make a dang good case for me to be totally in favor of censoring this.

I am strongly AGAINST censorship in general but in this case, you have convinced me why its needed to protect people like you guys who believe this crap.

Again, I am absolutely not your adversary, I'm your friend trying to help you. These places stealing your intelligence are using and hurting you for their political agenda. 

I've also been a scientist for 39 years who spends, often many  hours studying  topics I comment on and I take EVERY ONE of your posts seriously to fact check them in order to determine the legitimacy. 

You are more than welcome to review my dozens of posts, at the links below, mostly to you,  doing exactly that. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Maybe you didn't want to read any of the links that I posted above but I strongly advice you to go back up there and review them because they are shock full of authentic science that exposed your junk science............every time.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/72388/#72400

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Maybe that's not enough?

Previous discussions on this. You will note that I had to withdraw from the 1st thread and ignored the 2nd one below because you were just completely ignoring the authentic facts that I was providing on this topic in the threads before them.

However, you made some great finds/points in the bottom 3 threads based on authentic data.

Gunter, the problem is that you can't tell the difference between what is science and what is not and have put your trust in sites that are using that to brainwash you. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The ultimate Conspiracy Theory            

Started by GunterK - May 23, 2021, 11:43 a.m.     

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/69855/

Debunking a horrible vaccine story            

Started by GunterK - May 20, 2021, 9:55 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/69696/

Thoughts about Covid19 and the Vaccines  Part 1            

9 responses |      

Started by GunterK - May 18, 2021, 10:20 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/69574/

Dr Fauci now says...            

19 responses |              

Started by GunterK - May 16, 2021, 11:18 p.m.      

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/69508/

Covid and Politics            

4 responses |    

Started by GunterK - May 15, 2021, 5:14 p.m.       

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/69456/

Dr Fauci,..... vaccination            

3 responses |      

Started by GunterK - May 14, 2021, 7:53 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/69424/

Norway Institute of Health wants to ban J&J vaccine            

5 responses |         

Started by GunterK - May 11, 2021, 12:54 p.m.        

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/69254/

These threads below are a wonderful discussion about the REAL COVER UPS and Biden/GATES lies on COVID. But you have to be able to tell whats a cover up and whats legit based on authentic information/science.

A new twist in the Covid19 saga            

6 responses |           

Started by GunterK - May 10, 2021, 1:24 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/69186/

New Covid "guesstimates" popping up            

4 responses |            

Started by GunterK - May 7, 2021, 4:37 p.m.         

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/69066/

Dr Fauci now a suspect???            

3 responses |        

Started by GunterK - April 30, 2021, 2:17 p.m.         

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/68770/

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Cognitive bias. Once we think that we know something, we interpret all new information based on what we think that we know.

Then, we go to places that tell us what we want to read and hear and confirm what we think that we know.............even as it leaves us vulnerable to having them  steal our intelligence. 

By metmike - July 18, 2021, 8:44 p.m.
Like Reply

"when the other side is using things like heart attacks and motorcycle wrecks in the covid death category?"

No they aren't mcfarm, this is total bunk.

I covered this before a couple of times. Show me where you got this and I'll show you............again why its wrong.

By metmike - July 18, 2021, 8:58 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarmer made a comment a couple of weeks ago about being very concerned about what's going on with the republicans related to this and the dangers to our country and I thought he was just being overly paranoid/exaggerating  because he's a democrat/liberal.

I no longer feel that way.

This really is scary that tens of millions of republicans can be so convinced by their anti science, anti government, anti reality sites to believe this stuff.

I really should not be that surprised since the fake climate crisis is totally based on the exact same propaganda playbook and has bamboozled the entire world to believe that a beneficial gas, that's greening up the planet and causing the current climate optimum.........is pollution that's causing a climate crisis and killing the planet.

Mind boggling!

Here's the irrefutable evidence that the planet is NOT dying.........its greening up BECAUSE OF the increase in beneficial CO2 and BECAUSE OF climate change.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/69258/

Well, the same thing is happening to your minds but with regards to COVID  and COVID vaccination information and 2020 election information...or that Derek Chauvin didn't really commit murder. These are pretty extreme, irrational unscientific and unsubstantiated beliefs and the most insane part, is that you cling to them and vigorously defend them as if they were much, much more than manufactured false realities.

See the dozen of posts and threads above with me proving it to you guys............but you still won't believe it. 

By metmike - July 18, 2021, 9:07 p.m.
Like Reply

Snap out of it guys!!!!!

This is metmike..........who is totally committed to authentic science, the scientific method and telling the truth based on authentic facts and evidence.

You know me, right?

This is not CNN or CNBC or Fauci or Biden or the MSM or a liberal/democrat......or the enemy.

I am totally on your side.......your friend and am trying to help you man.  Snap out of the brain capturing trans and realize that one of the most important rights that we all have ..............is the right to know the truth.

And the freedom to use that in deciding our opinions on various topics, including decisions about what is best for us and our country(like whether to get vaccinated or not or who to vote for).

Nefarious entities have stolen your intelligence by lying to you for their personal political agenda.

My agenda IS the objective, scientific truth.

By metmike - July 18, 2021, 9:26 p.m.
Like Reply

Ex-KGB on Ideological Subversion: How the UN/IPCC hijacked science/brainwashed the world. Previously warmer. Polar bear hoax. Sept. 2019

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/38156/

The incredible thing about this current brainwash is that it has been imposed with such effectiveness in such a rapid amount of time............tens of millions of Americans believing complete rubbish from just a few months of intense propaganda!!

Actually, it took years to get here that left people gradually more vulnerable and more and more primed as they observed the other sides control of  the false narratives by the MSM, democrats, corrupt DOJ and Intel communities.

This left republicans ready to believe ANYTHING from their side because they now are convinced that the left and MSM are lying to them about EVERYTHING.

It's no longer about what the truth is and what the lies are using objective measures.

It's us vs them and they believe EVERYTHING they get from the right, no matter how absurd and nothing from the left, no matter how many authentic facts.

But the other side is brainwashed too.  To think that cops are bad and systemically racist. The USA is also systemically racist and black on black violence, as well as a 6 times higher violent crime rate by young black men vs whites.........doesn't exist.  The fake climate crisis and much more.

Republicans got tired of all the bs from the left.......now,  tens of millions of them have decided to only trust their sources of complete bs.  Just like BLM is using many members, while doing very little to help address the real problems for blacks, while blaming the one group doing the most to help create safe inner cities for blacks, the cops and the climate accord will do almost nothing to change the weather/climate because its all about politics...........so is much of this bunk about COVID(supposedly stealing away freedoms) and the fake election steal/big lie.

This is profoundly astounding that our world is now based on so many extreme manufactured realities that only exist to push ideological agenda that likely play a significant role to some extent in the views of most Americans about at least 1, if not numerous realms.

Unbelievable!!!

By metmike - July 18, 2021, 10:10 p.m.
Like Reply

The scary thing to me about this is that its clearly getting MUCH worse.

I remember when some of you used to be somewhat objective. 

I'm detecting less and less and less of that since Trump was beaten in November.

And it's mostly coming from your sources......pushing extreme ideas. Anti government, anti science, anti facts, anti MSM, anti democrat,  anti everything except what the extreme right is pushing on you. 

The ironic thing is that you are so convinced that the left is angry and not the right when it couldn't be farther from the truth in 2021!

This tells me that you are just not seeing clearly. Stop going to these places that inspire the anger. 

Trump is gone, so the level of anger from the left has diminished by an order of magnitude. If you want to see anger.........look in the mirror here in July 2021!

The republican party IS the new angry party........by a wide margin. 

Liberals are always so angry..                           

8 responses |         

Started by TimNew - July 4, 2021, 9:28 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/72005/

By metmike - July 18, 2021, 10:16 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarm,

I'm still waiting for your sources for these statements above:

1. "there were 174 more covid vaccine deaths in the US last week than covid deaths"

2. "when the other side is using things like heart attacks and motorcycle wrecks in the covid death category?"

By mcfarm - July 18, 2021, 10:59 p.m.
Like Reply

I answered you MM at 505pm in the next thread...you then answered me at 518 or so....I cannot do more than that

By metmike - July 19, 2021, 2:34 a.m.
Like Reply

OK, thanks mcfarm,

So Sources that you can't identify concocted  absurdly, nonsensical statements to scare people about the COVID vaccine and create distrust in the actual COVID numbers and government sources and you wwe anted to believe it.............so you passed it on here, thinking that your anti vax pal Gunter and others would appreciate it.

As always, we don't censor people here for passing on false data  like that..............we CONFRONT them to show the truth. 

By mcfarm - July 19, 2021, 7:05 a.m.
Like Reply

WTF? If you look at my post I believe I asked a question?????? Did not spread anything to anyone. Holy crap MM. A  question is now grounds for you to go off. I saw the question, wondered about the data and asked. God forgive me. And now I have found this politifact crap where one side gets to play with "unverified" this and that while counting covid deaths like its water under a bridge brings more info that seems strange. That's it nothing more than that. If its that awful cancel it, take down, don't think about it, do not wonder, just accept.

What if years ago I would of said "wonder if man could go to the moon"...."wonder if corn will get to 6 dollars this summer" "wonder if it will rain in N Minn anytime soon"

By GunterK - July 19, 2021, 9:42 a.m.
Like Reply

Hi metmike,

I am not a virologist… I get all my info on this pandemic from reading various sites.

And, with all due respect…. you are not a virologist neither. You also get all your info from reading.

Yet, somehow you claim that the stuff you read is “authentic”, whereas the stuff I read you call “cr*p”

From the very beginning, there were institutions who ordered their hospital doctors to count every death in the hospitals as a covid death….should I consider them “sources of authentic information”… or fraud?

Our “establishment” (whoever they are), hid successfully working medications from the public, which could have saved 1000s of lives. Is there any source among these entities who would provide me with truthful answers?

Above you posted a link that states that even today the vaccines are 96% efficient (which never was a hard, scientific number). However, the government agencies of Israel have admitted already 3 weeks ago that this is far from being the truth, once we started dealing with the Delta.

In my post above, I quoted fatality rates for Delta-infected people, showing a higher fatality rate for vaccinated people than unvaccinated people. Strange? Sure. However, these data come from an agency of the Dept of Health of the UK .Does a UK government agency publish authentic data or cr*p??

Right now it seems that the pandemic is flaring up again (with the Delta)… but more so in heavily vaccinated countries, than in less-vaccinated countries. Strange?

This is stuff our MSM and our establishment does not report to us. It doesn’t fit the narrative.

Just yesterday, Dr Fauci stated that we would still be suffering from Polio, if it wasn’t for vaccines. Of course, he is correct.

However, what he is not mentioning is that we don’t have a Covid “vaccine”, like we have a Polio vaccine..What we have is a lab-created material that latches onto your cells and messes with your DNA… in medical terms, it’s called “DNA therapy” .

And then there is a real expert on this subject… Dr. Malone. He has been working on mRNA issues for over 30 years. They call him the inventor of DNA therapy. I would pay more attention to what he has to say, rather than Dr Fauci, the CDC, the NIH, the WHO, and most certainly any of the vaccine companies.

Recently, he has voiced his concerns about the risks associated with these shots and criticized the CDC. For this, they wiped out his firm’s presence on social media, and some are worried about him being assassinated.  Hey, it’s a trillion dollar business!  And his comments (which are quite likely the truth) are messing things up.

It’s a shame, an expert like Dr Malone is not allowed to talk to the People…. Only one of those [xxx] websites would give him a platform to speak

And he is not the only expert…. Numerous experienced virologists have spoken about concerns they have with these shots, especially the long-term effects.

Unfortunately, because only those hated sites allowed them to speak, their views are then defined as “cr*p”.

When you scan the net, you can read about numerous incidents of very serious side effects, caused by the covid shots…. Including death… yet, somehow every such sudden death, is explained away as “natural cause of death’, or “unknown cause of death”

Yeah… healthy teenagers having heart attacks the day after getting vaccinated… “unknown causes”, right?

And half of the residents of an old-folks home dying a few days after being vaccinated… that’s normal for a retirement home. ….right???

There are not millions of such incidents, but why hide them from us????

Why would so many medical professionals risk their jobs, by refusing to take the shot? What do they know???

There clearly is deception going on… and we are being misled.

metmike, I consider you to be my internet-friend also. And as a friend, I want to point out that I see “cognitive bias” in your posts

You sincerely believe that your sources are “authentic”… but are they really?

The deception is coming from a high level. I wonder…

PS… to set the record straight… I am not an anti-vaxxer. I have taken all the vaccinations my doctor wanted me to take.

By metmike - July 19, 2021, 11:37 a.m.
Like Reply

"metmike, I consider you to be my internet-friend also. And as a friend, I want to point out that I see “cognitive bias” in your posts"

Gunter, always more than happy to address that .........again.

We all have cognitive bias (including me/metmike) because nobody knows everything there is to know and nobody has experienced everything there is to experience and we are not robots/computers with no emotions and no ideologies. That's why it's crucial to try to apply the scientific method, which automatically limits cognitive bias. The scientific method compels the individual to try to prove themselves wrong before having confidence that they are right.  This sounds sort of crazy because almost everybody does the exact opposite............goes to links and sites to find evidence that WE ARE RIGHT and to get the news that we like to hear but if you do it for many years, it becomes almost automatic. 

I listen to NPR the entire time that I'm in my car, especially on long trips. They have some great, very enlightening stuff.  They are also  the biggest climate crisis source of exaggerated crap that I know of...........but I want to hear it anyways. Each time they state something like that is an opportunity for me to think about it and check to see if I might be wrong with authentic, objective data. I am very willing to adjust my view on climate change if the data/facts are compelling. 

I also watch CNN and FOX equally. 

I've been a practicing scientist for 39 years. When I show stuff here, more often than not its AFTER I already applied the scientific principles to confirm it matches up. I provide my sources/links. I never let the sources tell me what the science is or what to think.  I familiarize myself with the science and facts, THEN find sources that state that..........not the other way around. 

For a much greater elaboration on this, without bogging down this thread, please go to these links:

Re: Re: Re: Re: The new changes in Covid testing            

By metmike - May 30, 2021, 3:10 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/70172/#70216

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: trying to understand "law and order"            

By metmike - June 19, 2021, 11:41 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/71102/#71259

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Determining correlations            

11 responses |  

Started by metmike - June 5, 2021, 11:08 a.m.    

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/70511/

By metmike - July 19, 2021, 11:55 a.m.
Like Reply

I took the time to address your concern about my cognitive bias by explaining exactly how I go about (my frame of mind and using the scientific method) discerning information to gain an understanding about it.

It's only fair to ask you Gunter and mcfarm what your mindset is when seeing things on the internet about COVID or the election, or George Floyd's murder in determining if its truthful or not.

The main reason for me to ask this is for you to think about the process that you currently  use and compare it to a much better process at getting to the OBJECTIVE TRUTH. ...........and hoping that, seeing a different way, that almost always finds the objective truth...........will consider going in that direction.

That's all we all want .......every single one of us......and have a right to is the objective truth and the freedom to apply it with personal choices.  We are in 100% agreement on this. I am not here to have battles to prove I'm right or you're wrong..........I want you guys to have the ability to access the objective truths.

I could be making a ton of money doing something different than this. It's important to me. Sometimes I feel like I'm wasting my time but then, I realize that if I don't do this.........there will be nobody else to do it. ....to provide an objective, scientific source that you can trust which fights the propaganda and brain washing that defines messages in society today.

I'm dead serious and sincere about that and if you think about all my posts here on different things.......you KNOW its the truth.

By mcfarmer - July 19, 2021, 12:30 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike, It has come to the point where folks only read, or put their trust in, news sources that reinforce the opinions they already hold.

The mainstream media know that there are nearly unlimited sources for a person to obtain their news. Hence most have decided to pander to their audience in the hope the folks will stay with them.

Trump did the same with his followers. Don’t compromise, don’t move to the center to widen the base, just keep your people riled up anyway you can so you can keep them active and voting. Anyone trying to go towards the middle is label a RHINO. Even though the middle is where the work gets done.

We only have to look at the troubles Fox news got into when they called Arizona, that wasn’t what their audience wanted to hear and they (Fox) have been paying for it.

I read an article some time back where Murdock thought Trump was a clown but loved the money he made for him.

I‘m not sure if we can blame this on Trump but the phrase “Fake news” really got the ball rolling downhill. That sowed the idea that certain news sources were not to be trusted, namely the ones that didn’t put forth the narrative he wanted. From then on anything that didn’t reinforce a person‘s thoughts could be labeled fake news and thus dismissed, never to be considered.

Thats not saying there isn’t biased news reporting, there always has been, but the completion for consumers has led them to feed their viewers what they expect.

Its a complicated situation, and one that won’t be easily corrected. We need someone to rise from the middle, someone who can take that 60% of Americans willing to see without blinders on and shove those far right and left folks to the margins where they belong.

I don’t have any answers, but I do feel you are wasting your time convincing those here. I have seen no indication anyone is willing to slide over from their comfortable seat on the bench they share with like minded radicals. Take  the easy way.

It takes bravery to go it alone and it is much more comfortable to wrap yourself in the cotton wool offered by the media that gives you more of what you already have.

I respect  your efforts, I couldn’t do it. Show people time and time again and they still will not see. Ignore what they can’t debate and then throw something else out from left field.

Wishing you and your family well.

By metmike - July 19, 2021, 12:55 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks very much mcfarmer.

The thing that we need most here is...............you and WxFollower with your non echo chamber perspectives to round things out.

I realize that I hog all the posting but you just don't know how much I appreciate views like yours..............and you know too, that I will disagree with you sometimes. 

That's absolutely not saying that I am always right. I need all the perspectives and more here to help me try to figure it out and learn from you guys. 

Your description on the previous thread hits the bullseye, dead center. 

On this topic, one of the reasons for my extreme commitment, despite a seemingly losing battle(I really do think its getting much worse not better) is that many people are dying because of this.

We/I can stand by and let it happen........thinking I can't do anything about it or..... that my efforts are wasted or I/can do my best and have it wasted but still think afterwards............even though I failed...........at least I gave it my best effort.

Around 10 years ago, because of some changes to the school corporation,  my wife said "maybe this is a good time for you to retire from chess after 15 years"

I thought about a year from them, after retiring, how I would feel(after 200 kids had lost the opportunity to play chess for a year) and I didn't need to think about it again. That's what keeps me going STRONG as a chess coach. 

At the moment, the stat below is an especially STRONG motivator for me and why I have come on so STRONG in this thread............thousands of lives are at stake in this country. 

COVID-july 19- Higher numbers continue in the unvaccinated            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/68875/#72434

By mcfarmer - July 19, 2021, 2:24 p.m.
Like Reply

I remember a most comical example of reading into things what you want to see.

A while back someone posted about the DOJ bringing suit against Tesla for some reason, some perceived liberal reason. 

Outrage ensued, “weaponizing the DOJ” “liberal anti business agenda“ “get ready for more of this”, that sort of talk.

It took a minor amount of reading to see the suit was brought a year or more previous and under the Trump administration. Well, everyone was red faced but I noticed no one any longer thought it was such a bad deal, that it was a sign of the end times.

Folks saw what they wanted to see without any scrutiny.

I am guilty of this as much as anyone and have to guard against it.  When teaching I was very careful to not listen to other teachers when discussing individual students, if the person was a problem  student I needed them to show me themselves, it was a constant battle.  When a new class came in the first discussion I had  with them was everyone came in here with a “clean slate”. My opinion of them was going to be formed right in here, by their actions alone. 

In addition one good deed, or one bad day, wasn’t going to lock them in for the rest of the term, each day was a new day.

Anyway, I got off track. Exposing kids to a critical way of thinking was my biggest reward. A Rah-Rah flag waving view of history doesn’t serve anyone but that seems to be popular in some circles these days.

Carry on. Your time with the kids teaching chess will be worthwhile more than you will ever know.

By GunterK - July 19, 2021, 2:51 p.m.
Like Reply

Again, I am not an anti-vaxxer.I have always taken the shots and the medicine my doctor or the authorities wanted me to take.

All this trust ended when the corona arrived. There was an effort going on to deceive the public, even to the extent of withholding life-saving medication.

This is a totally different ball game.This is not your normal situation about a public health issue. No need to dive into the who, and why “they” would do this to us, and what “their” motives were.

This deception continued when the “vaccines” arrived.

I have no problem accepting the fact that millions of people have been vaccinated, without having any complications from the shot. This is wonderful and very convincing.

However, there were serious side effects, including deaths, and “they” tried to downplay/hide such data.

Again, these unfortunate incidents would not change the big picture about the statistical “safety” of the “vaccines” (at least for the short term)…… but I would like to have seen some truth and honesty.

As a result, I tried to listen to experts in this field, to learn more.Unfortunately, ‘they” (whoever they are) are powerful enough to censor all those experts. Only banned sites would give them a platform to speak.

I am looking for an honest education, and the MSM (and all the venues “they” control) are the wrong place to look.So, since those places would not give me the answers, I wound up at other places.

Would this be considered “cognitive bias”? I guess so….

At those other places, I was not looking for ‘made-up cr*p”, I was looking for experts in their field to give me an education…. and they did.

I don’t feel guilty for trying to educate myself. And quite frankly, I trust those experts more than Dr Fauci.

mcfarm’s original post in this thread, asked about issues associated with the Delta and the “vaccines”.

I could not directly answer his question, however, I provided some information which IMHO come from authentic sources (such as Israel, a country that has more experience with the Delta, than the US), as well as the UK and other countries in Europe . Their info states that the “vaccines” do not work as expected against the Delta. .and that it affects the vaccinated also.

In the meantime, the echo chamber of the establishment calls the Delta to be the “Pandemic of the Unvaccinated”

Who is the liar?

That’s all.

Yet, in mcfarmer’s post I am indirectly being called a “radical”

Cognitive Bias anyone???

As he recommended, it’s best not to waste any time with people like me…. it’s all cr*p anyway.

This won’t stop this radical from searching and learning about an issue that affects us all.

By metmike - July 19, 2021, 3:17 p.m.
Like Reply

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/72441/#72465

"U.S. deaths from the coronavirus, spurred by the dominant Delta variant, are up 26%, with outbreaks occurring in parts of the country with low vaccination rates. About one in five new cases are in Florida, and the vast majority of people hospitalized for COVID are unvaccinated."

By GunterK - July 20, 2021, 9:22 a.m.
Like Reply

You wrote:

"U.S. deaths from the coronavirus, spurred by the dominant Delta variant, are up 26%, with outbreaks occurring in parts of the country with low vaccination rates. About one in five new cases are in Florida, and the vast majority of people hospitalized for COVID are unvaccinated."

The news is full of the new virus problem, the Delta. No doubt, a 26% increase over last month is alarming. Yet, when we look at a graph going back a year, this is barely a “bear market rally”

The news even calls it the ‘pandemic of the unvaccinated”

Sounds like fear-mongering to me.

My simple arguments in this thread were:

1. Israel has more experience with the Delta than the US. Of their new cases, 90% were Delta. Half the newly infected people are vaccinated, and half are not. In other words, the Delta doesn’t care whether you are vaccinated or not.
  2. The data coming from the UK were different. My focus was on the Deltta fatality rates for people over 50. According to their data, Delta kills more vaccinated people than unvaccinated people in this age group.This sounds strange… but that’s the data they provided. And since this data comes from the UK health agencies, it must be considered “authentic”

The vague paragraph you quoted does not address these issues.

A quick google check told me that Florida is 48% fully vaccinated .

Another google check told me that of the new cases in Florida, 48% are the original Alpha version, and only 13% are the Delta version.

In other words, the paragraph you quoted doesn’t really tell us anything. It lacks significant and important detail, This paragraph could be misleading, giving the sloppy reader the impression that Florida is over-run by the Delta, and the Delta is killing unvaccinated people…. which is totally unsubstantiated

ah, what the heck… why am I even bothering to write this…. it’s against the propaganda… and most peoples’ minds are made up

By metmike - July 20, 2021, 11:51 a.m.
Like Reply

States most vulnerable to COVID are also some of the least vaccinated

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-vaccines-vulnerability-states-outbreaks-variants-b418fe6d-31f6-4790-9d79-bd7c4d747dd3.html

COVID vulnerability scores vs. vaccination rates across the U.S.

Each state’s COVID-19 Community Vulnerability Index and vaccination rates, as of June 16, 2021

By metmike - July 20, 2021, 11:59 a.m.
Like Reply

U.S. coronavirus map-Mayo Clinic

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/map

Average cases per 100,000 people. Dark red is the highest.