Jan 6 investigation
10 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Aug. 10, 2022, 3:47 p.m.

If this topic is some place else please move it to an appropriate place

Question

Has the Jan 6 investigation been helpful or changed your mind in any way

Comments
By metmike - Aug. 10, 2022, 5:10 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Wayne,

All the evidence was extremely impressive. Especially since it was from mostly republican sources.

I'll try to copy all the previous threads and dozens of posts that discussed this.

I appreciate all the great threads you've been starting suddenly, Wayne.

I would comment more but 

I'm in Detroit and WAS assisting my 97 year old Dad but I just got diagnosed with COVID earlier and will be stuck at his house or be driving home. Not sure.

My laptop doesn't work very well either.

Will try to make more comments shortly.

By bear - Aug. 10, 2022, 11:24 p.m.
Like Reply

NO. 

first let me state, i did not vote for trump, and am not a republican.  but... here is the basic problem.

this whole things is just partisan, hypocritical, horse manure (am i allowed to say that?). 

there was day after day, week after week, month after month after month of violence by left wing protestors.  they tried to overthrow our political system, assaulted law enforcement persons, and damaged govt properties.  

we could have called it an insurrection.  

is congress going to go after all those violent left wing protestors?  never !!!!  

if you investigate and prosecute people on the right, then you have to also investigate, and prosecute people on the left who carried out similar crimes.  

the law needs to be applied evenly, no matter whether you are on the left or on the right.  

so i have NO respect for any notion of the of the jan 6 investigation being legitimate. 

if congress is willing to carry out a year long investigation of all the left wing violence, then i would be more than happy to see them investigate the violence of jan6.  

otherwise, it is all just partisan, hypocritical, nonsense.  

By bear - Aug. 10, 2022, 11:34 p.m.
Like Reply

of course we all realize that congress, (mostly libs, but also a few pubs), base their entire argument on the idea that the election was legitimate.  (No fraud).  

but yes, there was fraud in the election.  i could give you examples.

some pubs exaggerated the extent of fraud in the election.

people on the left exaggerated the idea that there was NO fraud in the election.  

you have to hold to a false idea of NO fraud in order to argue that the jan 6 protestors were trying to overthrow our democracy.  

i am against violent protests.  but there is nothing wrong with protesting fraud in an election.  and yes, it got out of hand.  and yes, trump should have renounced the violence.  

By 7475 - Aug. 11, 2022, 7:58 a.m.
Like Reply

bear,

Your posts are well said.

Simply put on my end - I'm discussed with "their" partisanship. ALL of "them".

Self centered self righteous - should I call them scum?

John

By joj - Aug. 11, 2022, 9:28 a.m.
Like Reply

bear,

You are missing an extremely important point here.  This is about WAY more than Jan 6th.

Trump was doing all his scheming before Jan 6th.  He had his legal challenges and lost all 60 of them.

The violence in the summer of 2020 never had the slightest chance of bringing our Democracy to an end.

Bringing democracy to an end was Trump's goal.  (and still is)

By metmike - Aug. 11, 2022, 10:12 a.m.
Like Reply

of course we all realize that congress, (mostly libs, but also a few pubs), base their entire argument on the idea that the election was legitimate.  (No fraud).

Thanks much bear. That's 100% false and rationalizing and trying to assign a false equivalency, while also using a strawman attack. 

The hearings are based on what TRUMP and others did INDEPENDENT of any of the fraud that ALWAYS HAPPENS.

Claiming that there was election  fraud, and the side going after Trump is ignoring THAT fraud (which played a 0 role in the outcome or in the investigation criteria.....as it should) is also using a strawman attack.

If the committee was telling us there was no fraud, I would agree with you 100%. And if this was a 1 day event.......over and done.......then I would agree.

The Jan 6 committee never stated there was no Fraud or even implied that. This is a made up position by the right. They are only concerning themselves with the blatant actions of Trump, providing us  with THE EVIDENCE.

I'm extremely grateful to them for shining a light of truth on the darkness of deceit here, again as it relates to what DONALD TRUMP did. To ignore the Mt. Everest sized legit. evidence  from the committee is to ignore the truth.

They track Trump for 2 months before he CAUSED the Insurrection, with constant attempts to manipulate people (which worked on Jan 6 to cause the Insurrection) and circumstances and replace them with HIS manufactured lie............Trump winning.

To not appreciate the legal and Constitutional gravity of a president doing this means you don't want to see it because the hearings made it crystal, CRYSTAL clear. 

The worst part is that this has permanently poisoned the minds of tens of millions of Americans that are STILL convinced that Trump won after all this time. The results of this election were scrutinized more closely than any other election in history..........and it passed EVERY SINGLE TEST.

The side believing Trump won still thinks they didn't look hard enough and there's a huge cover up of the election fraud. Nothing could be more wrong and delusional but once people believe something, you can hit them over the head with 20 times more authentic facts/evidence contradicting it but they will cling to the speculative, conspiracy theory with ZERO evidence because that's what their mind wants to believe.

I'll copy the previous threads discussing this with much  of the evidence when I get the chance today.

Everybody believes only THEIR side and THEIR side never commits any corruption. When the other side exposes corruption of their side in this case, Trump........it's ALWAYS the other side making it up because their side is near perfect and the other side is corrupt.

With the Insurrection, Trump REALLY DID all those things!

No, people doing the investigation don't all have TDS:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/87837/#87914

By metmike - Aug. 11, 2022, 11:19 a.m.
Like Reply

Some republican entities/people put the value of truth, the Constitution and following laws in the United States above being a mouthpiece for this diabolical man or clinging to tribalism thats divided our country and is destroying it.

NY Post editorial board: ‘Trump has proven himself unworthy"        

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/87455/

By metmike - Aug. 11, 2022, 11:31 a.m.
Like Reply
By WxFollower - Aug. 11, 2022, 12:31 p.m.
Like Reply

joj said,

"The violence in the summer of 2020 never had the slightest chance of bringing our Democracy to an end.

Bringing democracy to an end was Trump's goal.  (and still is)"

-------------------

Very well said. This is it in a nutshell as it is why the violence in 2020 (which was awful) vs the "Big Lie" / Jan 6 is not even remotely a "they did it too" situation.

By metmike - Aug. 11, 2022, 2:51 p.m.
Like Reply

Exactly joj and WxFollower!

This is another false equivalency too.

The riots in 2020 were worse and lasted all Summer is supposed to be a rationalization for why the Insurrection wasn't that bad because it happened on just one day and didn't' do as much physical/material damage.

As Larry/joj stated well, the January 6 hearings had almost nothing to do with that. Maybe posters here didn't listen to the hearings or weren't paying attention but they didn't focus most of their time on the physical damage, other than to show that these people meant business and were dangerous and this was the building being used to conduct the legal transfer of power to the new president that won the 2020 election.

That's what they were trying to stop.