NEW POLL: Liz Cheney trailing Trump-backed challenger
16 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - July 15, 2022, 7:51 p.m.

NEW POLL: Liz Cheney trailing Trump-backed primary challenger by more than 20 points

Rep. Cheney sought support from Democrats in the primary, but still trails among Wyoming voters

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-poll-liz-cheney-losing-trump-backed-primary-challenger-20-points

More than half, 52%, of likely primary voters in Wyoming said they would support Hageman, while just 30% expressed support for Cheney, according to the survey conducted by Mason-Dixon Polling & Strategy on behalf of the Casper, Wyoming, Star Tribune.

The poll, conducted July 7-11 among 1,100 likely voters, showed single-digit support for other Republican primary candidates for Wyoming's sole House seat, and indicated that 11% of voters were undecided.

Former President Donald Trump selected Hageman out of several Republicans vying to unseat Cheney, who voted to impeach Trump and is one of two Republicans on the House committee investigating his alleged role in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol.

The Wyoming poll found that the majority of voters disagreed with Cheney's decision to serve on the Jan. 6 Committee (63%), and thought her opposition to Trump hurt her ability to represent Wyoming (61%). And 54% said Cheney's service on the select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attacks made them less likely to vote for her.

Comments
By metmike - July 15, 2022, 9:15 p.m.
Like Reply

Not surprising at all since the majority of republicans today can no longer think for themselves.

They let Donald Trump think for them.

He even  tells them who won the election.......despite the overwhelming authentic evidence that confirmed it 100%......... the authentic  recounts, audits, legal challenges and investigations that 100%  confirmed Biden won with the most secure presidential election in history.

The sole reason that Trump won for 70% of republicans is this...............Donald Trump tells them he won and they will believe ANYTHING he says. 

If Trump had conceded the election like an honest president, ALL republicans would have accepted it. But since Trump claims that he won....... 70% of republicans don't care a lick about the truth or to do any critical thinking to figure out the truth.

Their leader, Donald Trump tells them how to think and what to think.

Then we have his mouthpieces, high priests/priestesses at Fox that pass on his messages and other conspiracy theories to support him........like the Ray Epps fake news or the huge lie that Nancy Pelosi called off the National Guard that Trump wanted there.

One of their top objectives is to destroy Liz Chaney with lies to make sure she pays the price for not being a member of the cult.

Make up a bunch of convincing sounding complete bullcrap about her and sell it to the Fox viewers who watch, especially on weekday evenings.

I know because I watch.  Probably one of the few that can tell the difference between what they say about this topic and the truth. 

No, I'm not a democrat or the enemy. Just somebody that types  objective truths. Always with evidence and NEVER censoring opposing views.......which are my favorite.

Laura Ingraham: Liz Cheney is leading an attack on the presidency itself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_9Mn2RqELs

This was what happened after Tucker completely made up an alternative, complete science fiction version of the Jan 6th riot to deflect the blame away from those who actually caused it and pushed it on his viewers/victims.  

Liz Cheney Rips ‘Un-American’ Tucker Carlson, Fox News for Jan. 6 Conspiracy Theories

In a blistering new interview, Cheney compares Carlson and others who push ‘dangerous’ 1/6 lies to nutty 9/11 truthers

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/liz-cheney-fox-news-tucker-carlson-unamerican-1254454/

Tucker Carlson Calls Liz Cheney 'Liar' After She Blasts Jan. 6 Special

https://www.newsweek.com/tucker-carlson-liz-cheney-liar-capital-riots-special-criticize-patriot-purge-1643724

Below, so called no censorship Tucker, explains why he censored the Jan 6  hearings (so his viewers would only get what HE told them to think) and replaced that information with his DISinformation/propaganda, like the 3 part science fiction version that he completely manufactured late last year that should have been titled "Watch how many big lies that I can make up and get you to believe all of them" 

Tucker Carlson: Jan. 6 panel is ‘lying and we are not going to help them do it’

https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/media/3518349-defiant-tucker-carlson-boasts-fox-news-channel-not-carrying-jan-6-hearing-propaganda-live/

Hannity used to be a strong backer of Liz Cheney:

Sean Hannity: “I’m on Team Cheney”

https://cheneyforwyoming.com/media_posts/sean-hannity-im-on-team-cheney/

Then, one thing changed.............Cheney told the truth about Trump and Hannity, a key high priest in the Trump cult, immediately abandoned/shunned and vilified her.

Nobody dare holds Donald Trump accountible in this cult! He does what he pleases and tells republicans what to think. Who to elect. What people at Fox can broadcast. He is almost like a God the way most republicans worship him. 

Fox hosts Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham blast Liz Cheney and Jan. 6 committee for 'smear fest' and 'breach of privacy' after their texts imploring Trump to stop the Jan. 6 riots were revelead

• House last night voted to find the former White House Chief of Staff in contempt
  • Comes after Meadows' texts were revealed in explosive hearing on Monday
  • Liz Cheney read out desperate messages from Laura Ingraham and Sean Hannity
  • Hannity and Ingraham lashed out in their respective shows last night
  • They called it a 'smear fest' and a 'breach of privacy' to reveal

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10311799/Hannity-Ingraham-blast-Liz-Cheney-reading-texts-Mark-Meadows-Jan-6.html

Breach of privacy?

An outrage for republicans?

That's what they want you to think. 

But ask yourself this....

Why are FOX's main evening  TV anchors texting messages to the president of the United States, telling him what to do?

That's the real reason they were outraged.

This exposed their personal relationship with Donald Trump!!!

This is also the reason they censored the hearings that every American deserved to hear but Fox viewers were denied because of the unprofesstional, personal relationship they have with Trump.

How often do you read about news anchors telling the president what to do?

Not just advising but INSISTING that it needs to be done immediately. 

The president has dozens of advisors, lawyers and people in his cabinet to do this already.....but in this case, Trump had and still has a special relationship with FOX news that puts them above others because they are his powerful mouthpieces and high priests that impose Trumpism on their millions of viewers every night. 

This is why Cheney has got to go.........anybody that opposes Trump in his party must go. 

Why? 

Because Trump says so.

Trump: I could shoot somebody and not lose voters    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTACH1eVIaA

By metmike - July 16, 2022, 12:17 a.m.
Like Reply

Half of G.O.P. Voters Ready to Leave Trump Behind, Poll Finds

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/12/us/politics/trump-approval-polling-2024.html

Far from consolidating his support, the former president appears weakened in his party, especially with younger and college-educated Republicans. Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida is the most popular alternative.

By focusing on political payback inside his party instead of tending to wounds opened by his alarming attempts to cling to power after his 2020 defeat, Mr. Trump appears to have only deepened fault lines among Republicans during his yearlong revenge tour. A clear majority of primary voters under 35 years old, 64 percent, as well as 65 percent of those with at least a college degree — a leading indicator of political preferences inside the donor class — told pollsters they would vote against Mr. Trump in a presidential primary.

Mr. Trump’s troubles inside his party leave him hamstrung in a matchup against an unusually vulnerable incumbent.

The Times/Siena poll suggested that the fears of many Republican elites about a Trump candidacy may be well-founded: He trailed President Biden, 44 percent to 41 percent, in a hypothetical rematch of the 2020 contest, despite plummeting support for Mr. Biden, with voters nationwide giving him a perilously low 33 percent job-approval rating.

A growing anyone-but-Trump vote inside the party contributed to Mr. Trump’s deficit, with 16 percent of Republicans saying that if he were the nominee they would support Mr. Biden, would back a third-party candidate, wouldn’t vote at all or remained unsure what they would do. That compared to 8 percent of Democrats who said they would similarly abandon Mr. Biden in a matchup with Mr. Trump.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/87019/#87117

By metmike - July 16, 2022, 12:19 a.m.
Like Reply
By TimNew - July 16, 2022, 5:43 a.m.
Like Reply

Not surprising at all since the majority of republicans today can no longer think for themselves.

This is hillarious, coming from someone so easily lead by this soap opera circus. "Anyone that disagree's wif me is rely relt stoopit"  <G>

It rivals the chuckle I'll get to your reaction when nothing comes of this latest episode of "This looks like the beginnning of the end for Trump".

By joj - July 16, 2022, 6:49 a.m.
Like Reply

Regarding the poll that says half of GOP voters ready to leave Trump behind.

I remember how many GOP voters Trump won in the 2016 primaries.  39%!!!

How did he win then?  The GOP rules in most states are winner takes all delegates.  So if you win a plurality of the votes in a state you get 100% of the delegates.  Trump could win again.  That alone is a threat to our republic given his autocratic nature.

By metmike - July 16, 2022, 11:49 a.m.
Like Reply

"Not surprising at all since the majority of republicans today can no longer think for themselves.

This is hillarious, coming from someone so easily lead by this soap opera circus. "Anyone that disagree's wif me is rely relt stoopit"  <G>"

Tim,

As I've stated a dozen times here but you  continue to mischaracterize me about, to make up a position I don't have to attack that made up position.

The facts are the facts. If the facts make you feel stupid, then don't blame me for causing that by showing the facts.

Here's another example of the facts,….. to back up this particular point…..  that the majority (70%) of  republicans are being told what to think about the election by Donald Trump.

Most Republicans still falsely believe Trump’s stolen election claims. Here are some reasons why.

In poll after poll, about 70% of Republicans say they don’t think Joe Biden is the legitimate winner of the 2020 election.

https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2022/70-percent-republicans-falsely-believe-stolen-election-trump/

Tim,

I'm your best friend, here trying to do you a huge favor with objective truths but you fight me and the messages of truth like I'm the enemy!

Tribalism and extreme political bias have been too powerful for you to overcome......so far but it doesn't have to continue like that.

Please try to open your mind.

Your true friends tell you the truth and expect nothing in return.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77858/#77860

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77011/#77012

By metmike - July 16, 2022, 1:50 p.m.
Like Reply

Good point joj!

Actually, what we've seen with the hearings or anything else related to exposing Trump is that it has the complete opposite affect on many to most republicans.

Expose a conspiracy theory or lie and..........it causes them to believe in the lie even more!

One can see that here in our tiny pond.

People have already decided what they want to think and if you hit them over the head  with overwhelming contradicting truths, their response is often to make up an alternate reality to believe in so they don't have to embrace the truth.

Then, attack you for using the authentic truth because their brains are programmed/conditioned to see the truth as a lie or the truth as disrespecting them. .........anything but opening their minds and accepting the crystal clear truth.

Fox totally understands this human behavior and they target viewers with this in mind.........intentional strategies to PROVIDE THE ALTERNATE REALITIES that republicans need in order to justify not believing in the truth.

In the case of Jan 6th:

Ray Epps, Nancy Pelosi, the left, the FBI. All just made up stuff to give republicans the reality they want to believe in. 

Fox delivers it to them every night, telling them what they want to hear and ensuring they have the reasons to reject the authentic truths.  

Here's one big recent example:

2 Fox News commentators resign over Tucker Carlson series on the Jan. 6 siege

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/21/1052837157/fox-resignations-tucker-carlson-patriot-purge-documentary

They lost Chris Wallace over this too....and of course the right celebrated......because they just want to get rid of anybody not in the cult, that doesn't parrot the cults tenets...... like Liz Cheney.

By TimNew - July 17, 2022, 7:38 a.m.
Like Reply

You know what's the funniest thing?   You selectively ignore facts and then present flawed opinion as fact to support your ideas.

You absolutely believe that the "facts" leave no question about the integrity of the last presidential election and anyone who questions that is hopelessly biased. And any facts that call that into question are flawed.

You have completly dismissed things like "2000 Mules" because the "science" of cel phone tracking is not accurate enough. At least you read opinions to that effect and accept those opinions as fact.   Did you know the US military uses that same technology to track terrorists and even coordinate drone strikes? They spend a lot of money for that flawed technology and have a pretty good track record using it.  

But hey, some really smart people told you that it's not good enough to track civilians and that security cam footage of people stuffing ballots into drop boxes in the middle of the night prove nothing.

I won't say it's absolute proof, but to dismiss it out of hand is the height of selective cognition.

I still will not state that the election was flawed,  but I will say there are a lot of unanswered questions and I am thankful that laws have been passed to close some of the glaring holes in the system.

As far as this hearing that hols your breathless attention...

I believe you still assign lots of credibility to Hutchinson's hearsay testimony in spite of the fact that eye witnesses categorically contradict it. But lets set that aside along with the absudity of the idea that Trump attempted to wrestly control of the vehicle away from the Secret Service agents. Men with specialized training that would allow them to take care of far tougher men than Trump.

Answer this.   The panel knew of this  testimony from the Secret Service me who were on site, but they never entered it into the public record.   So the questions is..  why would a group of people who are interested in the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth suppress the truth?  Why would they purposely omit evidence that contradicted their narrative?

The only conclusion I can draw is that they are interested in something other that the truth.

And do not try to claim this was an isolated incident.   It's typical of the entire show.

By mcfarm - July 17, 2022, 11:48 a.m.
Like Reply

right JOJ, Trump running is something to fear but this is not   https://dcswamptales.com/supreme-court-trump-right-2020/?ocxfa_siteclick=DCS/  libs illegally changing state election laws that opened the door to all kind of cheating and helped elect either the worst or second worst President ever. The supremes are seriously looking into these abuses and if you think the up roar over abortion was wild (and it was and is wild, crazy and unhinged} then just wait. For a lib reading and understanding our constitution is sac religion.

By metmike - July 17, 2022, 12:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Tim,

"You have completly dismissed things like "2000 Mules" because the "science" of cel phone tracking is not accurate enough."

"I won't say it's absolute proof, but to dismiss it out of hand is the height of selective cognition."

Since you brought up 2000 mules again and as usual mischaraterized my opinion so that you can attack an opinion that I don't have.............let's see the documented discussion on 2000 mules that YOU started here Tim to verify what you are saying:

2000 Mules has been released            

37 responses |        

Started by TimNew - May 7, 2022, 6:32 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/84141/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/84141/#84187

By metmike - May 8, 2022, 1:28 p.m.            

what Dinesh claims is entirely possible:

One nation, tracked     An investigation into the smartphone tracking industry from Times Opinion                  

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/12/19/opinion/location-tracking-cell-phone.html

He knows this and so do alot of other people know it's possible.

Did his investigation using incredible amounts of data that is possible,  REALLY show what he claims?

It would be impossible for him to show the absolute proof of that much smoking gun data and totally impossible for somebody to show that he doesn't have the proof.

He knows that.

However, the absolute test of whether he has what he claims to have would simply be him turning it over to the authorities.........which you would think he should have done already for these ballot harvesters to be prosecuted.

Not only would it STOP the ballot harvesting that he and others are so outraged over but it would completely shut up his critics forever and he would be received as the great hero that finally exposed what really happened in the 2020 election after hundreds of other failed.

If this was legit, smoking gun evidence, it can't be covered up anymore. He would be passing it on to dozens of legal and republican entities that would leave no choice, except for charges being brought to prosecute these people caught red handed.

At the very least, additional investigations to confirm his stuff............but he's already done all the work! Just turn it over and let them do their jobs.

In the absence of that............Dinesh is a very biased and dishonest man.

Brilliant, yes but that makes him even more dangerous in doing things like this.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/84141/#84188

"and just who are these "authorities D'Sousa is supposed to trust."

How about every republican in Congress mcfarm.

How about the Heritage foundation that I showed you above with legit, prosecuted election fraud in their data base. 

How about Judicial Watch.

How about the dozens of  other republican entities that would go to bat for him.

How about republicans in local offices in the states where this happened, including Attorney Generals and prosecutors in the counties that it occurred in.

Note that the ones embracing this.........were the same ones embracing The Big Lie all along, including Lindell, Trump and Rudy.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/84141/#84202                           

If he was telling the truth and had the proof as he says........he would  have massive reams of evidence to have these people prosecuted..........that's exactly how it would work, mcfarm.

How do you think all these people got prosecuted and convicted?

The prosecutors in those counties got reports of voter fraud, investigated and found them guilty.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

By TimNew - May 9, 2022, 7:12 a.m.                        

The Ga Secretary of State is currently working on an investigation of the data.

By metmike - May 9, 2022, 7:50 a.m.                                                                  

Wonderful, thanks Tim.
If they and others find the data credible then it’s credible.

++++++++++++++++++++

By metmike - May 10, 2022, 11:46 a.m.            

"I decided to record Fox last night, just to see if the movie was mentioned and if so, what creative spin they would use to promote it as credible.  Nothing. They obviously know how bad this movie is too. 

Dinesh's people have been trying to get him on Fox to promote his movie(he's been on Tucker's segment many dozens of times) but they won't book him. 

Newsmax actually cancelled a booking after seeing the movie."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dinesh D'Souza Slams Tucker Carlson, Newsmax Over New Documentary Coverage

https://www.newsweek.com/dinesh-dsouza-slams-tucker-carlson-newsmax-over-new-documentary-coverage-1704863

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tim,

Even extreme far right sources didn't want to touch this after it was released. Sources that insist the election was stolen.

That should speak for itself.

Since you appear to want to open the discussion on 2000 mules again, with a topic that I disagree strongly with you on, as always, instead of censoring you...........let's have a wide open discussion on it, reopen the discussion/thread and give you an opportunity to produce any new evidence or say what you want about it!

By TimNew - July 18, 2022, 5:51 a.m.
Like Reply

2000  Mules is not the main point of this discussion.   It's an example.   And you've provided another great example right in this thread, all in the same panel.

I said:

"You have completly dismissed things like "2000 Mules" because the "science" of cel phone tracking is not accurate enough."

"I won't say it's absolute proof, but to dismiss it out of hand is the height of selective cognition."

and then you replied:

Since you brought up 2000 mules again and as usual mischaraterized my opinion so that you can attack an opinion that I don't have.............let's see the documented discussion on 2000 mules that YOU started here Tim to verify what you are saying:

And then you closed with:

Even extreme far right sources didn't want to touch this after it was released. Sources that insist the election was stolen.

That should speak for itself.

It appears to me that in your first statement, you claim to have not dismissed 2000 mules and/or that I have "mischaracterized your opinion"

and then you closed with a dismissal of 2000 Mules.

BTW, the fact that "Far Right Sources" chose not to cover 2000 mules while embroiled in law suits over election fraud coverage is not really proof of anything.  

By metmike - July 18, 2022, 10:49 a.m.
Like Reply

Wow, man. You will type anything to try to create imaginary positions that have you winning arguments. This one is getting pretty extreme, even for you, Tim.

I'm here to provide facts and analysis.........and noncensorship that includes posters disagreeing with my view.

You overlooked this:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/84141/#84219

By metmike - May 9, 2022, 8:30 a.m.            

I hear you loud and clear with good points Tim.

"im pretty sure that some of this happened And because of the justification that you stated.

the degree of that is what matters."

+++++++++++++++++++++++

I went into it completely open minded and willing to look for the evidence.

My opinion THEN CHANGED as I followed the authentic facts because open minded people, let the facts/evidence  lead them. Biased/political people decide what they want to think........then twist facts or manufacture facts or "find" facts that support what they have already decided and ignore all facts that contradict what they want to think.

You should seriously try it, which I've been trying to demonstrate by example at MarketForum.

It gives one an awesome feeling to not constantly have to create shist to justify things that deep in our heart we know are bullshist but are positions needed to back the always right party line or to support Trump's position.

It's often referred to as "free will" which we were all given and these cruds brainwashing people with DISinformation and conspiracy theories are stealing that away from people......some are my friends.

By metmike - July 18, 2022, 11:27 a.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - July 18, 2022, 6:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Donald Trump's 2024 Motivations Are More Sinister Than You May Think

https://www.thelist.com/931943/donald-trumps-2024-motivations-are-more-sinister-than-you-may-think/

Meanwhile, not everyone is on board with Trump's run. Some Republicans are concerned that with all of the legal battles surrounding him, he will attract fewer voters (per The Guardian).

Conservative commentator Charlie Sykes is one such Republican concerned about Trump running with his legal problems surrounding him. "It's the cumulative weight of the evidence that's piling up," Sykes said. "The most damaging evidence is coming from people within Trump's orbit. That's potentially the greatest danger for Donald Trump: it's the people closest to him, people, who were inside the Oval Office, who are saying it was a big lie."

By mcfarm - July 18, 2022, 6:53 p.m.
Like Reply

one poll today had repubs picking DeSantis 61% to Trumpy 39%

By metmike - July 18, 2022, 7:19 p.m.
Like Reply

For just DeSantis home state of Florida.

Poll shows Ron DeSantis above 50% versus Donald Trump in Florida

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/539692-poll-shows-ron-desantis-above-50-against-donald-trump-in-florida/