Alex Jones paying the price for his blatant DISinformation/lies
13 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Nov. 15, 2021, 6:44 p.m.

Alex Jones found liable in latest Sandy Hook defamation case

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/580369-biden-signs-1-trillion-infrastructure-bill-into-law?rnd=1637003131&rl=1

The judge in the case ruled that because Jones failed to produce documents he had been ordered to hand over by the court, including his financial records, he was liable by default, The New York Times reported on Monday

The families of 10 victims in the 2012 mass shooting at a Newtown, Conn., elementary school sued the far-right media personality for defamation in 2019 after he suggested on his program the assault, which left 26 people dead, including 20 children, was a "hoax" staged by crisis actors in order to drum up opposition to the Second Amendment. 

The Connecticut ruling follows a similar decision from a Texas judge in September, which found Jones responsible in two lawsuits for damages resulting from his claims about the shooting. 

The families have argued Jones has profited off of lies about the shooting.

When Bridgeport Superior Court Judge Barbara Bellis sanctioned Jones in the Connecticut case, she called his on-air statements about the shooting "indefensible," "unconscionable" and "possibly criminal behavior." 

In a statement issued on Monday, a law firm that represents the Sandy Hook families said they were "grateful" for the ruling but remain "focused on uncovering the truth" about Jones's activities.

"As the Court noted, Alex Jones and his companies have deliberately concealed evidence of the relationship between what they publish and how they make money," the lawyers said. "Mr. Jones was given every opportunity to comply but, when he chose instead to withhold evidence for more than two years, the Court was left with no choice but to rule as it did today. While today's ruling is a legal victory, the battle to shed light on how deeply Mr. Jones has harmed these families continues."

After the Texas ruling, Jones issued a statement through his Infowars website, calling the decision a devastating blow to the First Amendment.

"Nothing less than the fundamental right to speak freely is at stake in these cases," the statement read. "It is not overstatement to say the first amendment was crucified today.”

The cases in both states will now head to juries, which will decide how much Jones should have to pay the families of the victims in damages and legal fees, the Times noted. 

metmike:  This guy is the world's worst broadcasting scumbag that intentionally inspires anger, hate and division........TO MAKE HIMSELF RICH selling total crap products.  

Comments
By metmike - Nov. 15, 2021, 7:06 p.m.
Like Reply

Gunter treated us to a sample of the Alex Jones COVID vaxx DISinformation a few months ago.

I counted. There were 106 Infowars COVID Vaxx DISinformation links that Gunter shared with us back on that August day. 

Of course they were presented here as his solid EVIDENCE to make his case from a reliable source. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/73302/

But this is exactly what this scum bag contemptible/despicable  person does to peoples minds! Tricking them with convincing sounding propaganda. Saying things they like to hear and portraying himself as a warrior of the truth, fighting the evil gatekeepers who are censoring him because they don't want you/his followers to know the truths that only  he has.

According to him, the only way to know the truth is to go to his shows/site..........and buy his total scam products making him millions of dollars. 

Here's more at the link below to cover him later in that thread. Scroll down at that link for tons more. It's insane that low life communications predators like him are allowed to practice anything in society, no less acquire millions of adoring fans.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/73302/#73308

His mission statement  should be "Use gullible far right saps to make the world an f-ed up place that get's me rich"

If you have ever followed Alex Jones, you should be outraged at him for stealing your intelligence(and money if you buy his products) for years, with dozens of crazy conspiracy theories and scams. 

He really is targeting and using YOU(if you follow him!

He's got the 62nd most popular radio show.....which is high enough to make him rich with his creative marketing of scam products.

https://today.yougov.com/topics/media/explore/radio_program/The_Alex_Jones_Show?content=all

By metmike - Nov. 15, 2021, 7:16 p.m.
Like Reply

I'm well aware that this thread may not make some people happy here.

Your true friends tell you the truth and expect nothing in return.

This guy lies his arse off to you ............for the money.

By wglassfo - Nov. 16, 2021, 5:26 p.m.
Like Reply

Hi Mike

You are entitled to your opinion of others but it lowers any decent value you may have as a person when you call another a scumbag or equally obnoxious descriptions

Surely a person as well versed in verbiage, as yourself, can find another description with out damaging your values, that others may have about yourself

By metmike - Nov. 16, 2021, 5:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Is this better Wayne?

But this is exactly what this scum bag contemptible/despicable  person does to peoples minds! Tricking them with convincing sounding propaganda.

You will note that I have never used that term that offends you Wayne and apologize that you were offended.

But this particular guy justifies using never used before STRONG language because he deserves it. 

By metmike - Nov. 16, 2021, 6:06 p.m.
Like Reply

Looks like I actually did use the term scum bag..........1 time before here Wayne. But that was to describe a hypothetical person for an analogy.....much different than aiming it at a real life SB. 

Hey, those 2 initials could represent another 2 appropriate words to describe my personal feelings about AJ (-:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/52759/#52851

By metmike - May 26, 2020, 4:48 p.m.            

"If my daughter had a massive heart defect that was going to prematurely end her life soon  but there was only 1 doctor that had the skills to do the surgical repair..........that would be the one for me. Even if I knew the guy cheated on his wife, was a child abuser and I knew him personally as a scum bag...... and reports were that he often operated on patients while he was drunk or high.  If  he was the only person that had the skills to do the life saving job, he would be our surgeon."

But seriously, I apologize for offending you and you are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT, that using words that offend some people, will turn them off to whatever you're trying to point out and I will try to respect that more, especially as moderator(but also to be a better person).

Thanks for that Wayne.

By metmike - Dec. 1, 2021, 2:24 p.m.
Like Reply

Abcarian: Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones learns the laws aren’t just for the little people

https://www.pehalnews.in/abcarian-conspiracy-theorist-alex-jones-learns-the-laws-arent-just-for-the-little-people/1349129/

"Jones, who has been bannedon most social media and platforms comparable to YouTube, Apple and Spotify, has made a fortune tapping into the paranoia of American conservatives by undermining their religion in actuality, information and humanity.

For years, he has spewed bile to the tens of millions who watch his movies, take heed to his podcasts and skim InfoWars, his pretend information web site. He doesn’t just unfold weird lies, he makes use of his platform to hawk dietary dietary supplements, pretend COVID cures, bulletproof vests and different accoutrements for the coming apocalypse."

About Alex Jones

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/alex-jones

By joj - Dec. 1, 2021, 4:15 p.m.
Like Reply

Calling Alex Jones a scum bag is an insult to scum bags, not Alex Jones. He borders on evil IMO

By metmike - Dec. 1, 2021, 4:46 p.m.
Like Reply

Good one joj!!!

By metmike - Dec. 1, 2021, 5:43 p.m.
Like Reply

So good, in fact  that it gets our "Post of the Week"!

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/78560/

By mcfarm - Dec. 1, 2021, 7:03 p.m.
Like Reply

seems to me Jones would be a star on cnn the way they treated Rittenhouse and the kid from Kentucky. Talk about profited from lies, that is all the reporting they did on either case,,,,was to lie.

By metmike - Dec. 1, 2021, 9:03 p.m.
Like Reply

Since you want  to compare Infowars with CNN mcfarm, I'll be more than happy to do that for you since, yesterday, I let Chris Cuomo have it, using some of my previous threads/posts as evidence of his dishonesty and problem behavior.

Meghan McCain calls for CNN to fire Cuomo            

6 responses |             

Started by metmike - Nov. 30, 2021, 5:27 p.m.           

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/78516/

metmike is an objective, independent scientist that is impartial on the politics in this case........Cuomo from the left and Jones from the extreme right. 

I am not comparing them based on what side they represent but their credibility factor.

Both men are extraordinarily charismatic and expressive.  Obviously very talented at what they do. 

Cuomo, for me has a credibility of around 2-3 on a scale of 1-10 because of the stuff mentioned at that link  above and his blatantly biased/dishonest reporting about Trump for the entire 4 years. 

However, Cuomo does make some good points at times though and even when I might disagree with him on things, he usually  uses rational thoughts and acceptable information/sources.

Personal benefits to Cuomo would mostly be to push his political agenda/beliefs and try to increase ratings for his show on CNN.

His prime time spot earns him 6 million/year.  However, every celebrity and tv person is always most concerned about their ratings..........so this is totally acceptable for him to do HONEST things for ratings. 

Though Cuomo obviously pushed everybody hard to hate Trump, he is not always about hate..........sometimes, even the opposite. He will sometimes give good reasons for us to care about fellow human beings(even though I consider him disingenuous).

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Alex Jones is the world's leader in conspiracy theories. As in numero uno, right at the top. He totally manufactures things that make absolutely no sense to a rational, critical thinker.

If the credibility scale was 1 to  1 thousand , Jones would get a 1......lowest number possible. 

He is at the top for pushing extreme hatred of many people and many things, especially anything connected to the government. He strongly pushes paranoia. 

He reportedly makes millions selling his total junk products to his followers, many of which believe everything that he says, including what his junk products will do for them..........so they shell out hard earned money for crap. 

He is truly the most powerful internet cult leader in broadcasting by a very wide margin.

If somebody asked me how I thought a person could maximize making the world a worse place,  I would suggest that one of the things would be to follow Alex Jones.

With Jones, you get the added bonus of having your intelligence stolen(being brainwashed/made dumber) and then throw away good money when he convinces you to buy his crap products.

Hope you liked the comparison mcfarm, since you asked for it.

CNN and Cuomo look like nuns compared to Infowars and Jones. 

By mcfarm - Dec. 2, 2021, 6:42 a.m.
Like Reply

seems to me Jones would be a star on cnn the way they treated Rittenhouse and the kid from Kentucky. Talk about profited from lies, that is all the reporting they did on either case,,,,was to lie.  this what I said. Jones would be a star on cnn. Never mentioned info wars, never read info wars, do not know what it is. Jones lies and cnn lies...daily...hell every hour if the subject is a conservative white kid. You think there is no comparison. Well that is just silly imho. Just a few years ago we had a msm. Guess what its long gone. And much of it operates just like Jones. No standards, no morals, no judgment but if you add some race to any story its a winner. I will add, "a car crashed into a parade and killed several". Now how is that for the headline for news on cnn? Even Jones would  not of stopped there but included the relevant facts of who, what, when where and how.

by the way this is the way good old honest chris reported on Rittenhouse    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/rebeccadowns/2021/11/20/chris-cuomo-joins-in-on-attack-against-kyle-rittenhouse-n2599415

By metmike - Dec. 2, 2021, 10:53 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks mcfarm