Meghan McCain calls for CNN to fire Cuomo
8 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Nov. 30, 2021, 5:27 p.m.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/583646-meghan-mccain-pens-op-ed-calling-for-cuomo-cnn-firing

Meghan McCain slammed CNN anchor Chris Cuomo in a Tuesday op-ed for The Daily Mail, calling him "unfit" for the job in the wake of allegations that he worked to defend his brother, former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D), during his sexual harassment scandal.

In the opinion piece, McCain questions why CNN hasn't already fired Cuomo, insinuating that CNN President Jeff Zucker may be attempting to save his own reputation.

"Seriously, what does Chris Cuomo know about Jeff Zucker that is so compromising that Jeff doesn't want the American public to know?" she asks. "At this point, I can't come up with any other reason why Chris Cuomo has kept his job as a primetime anchor at CNN."

McCain, a former host on "The View," listed other incidents that she considers strikes against the younger Cuomo, including a police complaint that he allegedly received earlier in the pandemic over a quarantine dispute with a neighbor. 

"For too long Chris Cuomo has been given a pass by the media where others wouldn't," she argued.

McCain said that "newly-released transcripts from the investigation into Governor Andrew Cuomo show Chris sending text messages and running interference for Governor Cuomo's abysmal PR team after his brother was accused of sexual harassment. Chris even asked sources to dig up dirt on his brother's accusers."

"The question I present to CNN and their stockholders is this, in an era where public trust in the media is at historic lows, how can you ethically and in good faith continue to employ a man who is little more than a mouthpiece for his brother and the Democratic party?" McCain asked.

CNN on Tuesday said it will conduct a "thorough review" of the new documents to determine the extent of Cuomo's involvement.

"We will be having conversations and seeking additional clarity about their significance as they relate to CNN over the next several days," the network said. 

Comments
By metmike - Nov. 30, 2021, 5:33 p.m.
Like Reply

Previous posts/threads on Chris Cuomo here:

Chris Cuomo            

14 responses |              

Started by metmike - April 25, 2020, 1:11 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/51149/

Prominent messenger of hate exposed            

Started by metmike - Aug. 13, 2019, 1:51 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/36786/

CNN's ChrisCuomo: Who Says Protests Are Supposed To Be Polite And Peaceful?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/06/04/cnns_chris_cuomo_who_says_protests_are_supposed.htm

By metmike - Nov. 30, 2021, 6:34 p.m.
Like Reply

This is just another incident in a long pattern of behavior from a very dishonest, volatile but charismatic tv anchor. 

I'm showing you this video(of Cuomo getting into a confrontation that almost turns physical with a random person because they called him Fredo) for a specific reason, using me as an example.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/8/13/20803708/chris-cuomo-fredo-video-explained

Why me?

I was the main weather anchor/chief meteorologist for WEHT in Evansville IN for 11 years.

When I was 18-20), I lived in Detroit and had a drinking problem that resulted in numerous big fist fights in bars(when the drinking age was 18).

When drinking, I had Chris Cuomo's personality if somebody messed with me.

In Sept 1982, I signed a 3 year contract with WEHT.  In that contract, it was stated that I could be terminated for behavior like what Chris displayed in the video or even for a DUI and anything other than minor traffic violations.

People around here are wonderful and I love them. However, being a tv weatherman meant alot of guys would mess with me just to get attention. 

"Hey Mr. Weatherman, what's the weather going to be like"

No matter what I said, their response would be something like "you have the only job in the world where you don't get fired for being wrong half the time"

The first year, it would tick me off and I would try to defend meteorology but always knew never to get into a physical confrontation........or call anybody names for any reason because I was representing our tv station 24 hours a day when in public........no matter where I was in the viewing area or what I was doing.

After a year, I found a new trick to disarm the hecklers.

Heckler: Hey Mr. Weatherman what's the weather going to be like?

metmike: Why are you asking me, I'm just a weatherman and you know I'm just going to lie to you. 

It worked every time to steal their thunder and I got the laugh.............and they really didn't care about the weather. 

Although sometimes I would say something like:

"If  we're right 9 times out of 10, you're only going to remember the one wrong time anyways."

Which was actually dumb to say because that gave them more opportunity to joke about the claim of being right 9 times out of 10..........but no matter.

Everybody in TV knows to NEVER under any circumstances lob insults back at the person and it would be insane to actually make physical threats to them like Cuomo has done. That's potential career ending behavior for just 1 incident for some people.  

So the point is anybody and everybody in television absolutely  knows that they just can't behave like he did in this video in public because its totally legit grounds for the tv station to fire us.

But its so much more than this with him.

I can't think of another main anchor anywhere in history thats gotten away with so much.

By metmike - Nov. 30, 2021, 6:35 p.m.
Like Reply

OK, this just broke. Maybe there will finally be accountability.

CNN indefinitely suspends Chris Cuomo after damning AG report

https://nypost.com/2021/11/30/cnn-indefinitely-suspends-chris-cuomo-after-damning-ag-report/?utm_medium=browser_notifications&utm_source=pushly&utm_campaign=1656734

Embattled CNN host Chris Cuomo was suspended “indefinitely” on Tuesday evening over revelations regarding his secret role in trying to defend his brother, then-Gov. Andrew Cuomo, from the sexual harassment allegations that forced him from office, the network said Tuesday evening. 

The announcement came a day after state Attorney General Letitia James released a trove of subpoenaed records that include texts showing the “Cuomo Prime Time” host promising to contact news industry “sources” for advance information on reports regarding his older brother.

“The documents, which we were not privy to before their public release, raise serious questions,” CNN said in a prepared statement.

“As a result, we have suspended Chris indefinitely, pending further evaluation.”

https://www.thewrap.com/cnn-suspends-chris-cuomo-indefinitely-amid-investigation-into-use-of-journalism-contacts-to-look-into-brothers-accusers/?utm_source=izooto&utm_medium=push_notifications&utm_campaign=Cuomo%20Suspended

By mcfarm - Nov. 30, 2021, 8:01 p.m.
Like Reply

accountability? right MM. After being scolded here over and over all weekend when vever I checked the news I checked CNN. What did I hear. A car ran over and killed 6 and injured nearly 50 in a parade. A car did this evil deed. A car. Not an avoid black racist with multiple arrests. No not a guy who has been released over and over with low bonds not deserved. No not a racist ho ran down multiple whites. No just a car out of no where driven by no one in particular. But hey who cares over at msnbc they reported the very same.........this of course is after both of these outfits lied for over a year about Rittenhouse.......please save the comments about cnn or msnbc being a gret source you watch for facts.

By metmike - Nov. 30, 2021, 8:46 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarm, would you like to elaborate on what the heck you are talking about or should I just ignore it and not understand? 

"After being scolded here over and over all weekend when vever I checked the news"???

"please save the comments about cnn or msnbc being a gret source you watch for facts?"

By TimNew - Dec. 1, 2021, 8:56 a.m.
Like Reply

The Cuomo's must have somehow really ticked off the leftist powers that be.

When you're "in with the in crowd",  you're untouchable, as we've seen far too often to have any questions.

By metmike - Dec. 6, 2021, 1:37 a.m.
Like Reply

Chris Cuomo denies allegation of sexual misconduct after being fired from CNN

The allegation was submitted to CNN on Wednesday by lawyer Debra S. Katz, who represents the unnamed accuser.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/chris-cuomo-denies-allegations-sexual-misconduct-fired-cnn-rcna7674

By metmike - Dec. 6, 2021, 1:39 a.m.
Like Reply

Chris Cuomo Fired From CNN “Effective Immediately”

Cuomo has responded to his termination, which followed a suspension on Nov. 30 and review by an outside law firm after new information came to light about the CNN anchor's conduct in relation to his brother Andrew Cuomo.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/chris-cuomo-fired-from-cnn-1235057321/