Alex Jones ordered to pay 1$ billion
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Oct. 13, 2022, 2:23 a.m.

Jury decides conspiracy theorist Alex Jones should pay nearly $1 billion in damages to Sandy Hook families for his lies about the school massacre    

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/12/media/alex-jones-sandy-hook-damages

“You may say that is astronomical. It is,” Mattei said. “It’s exactly what Alex Jones set himself up to do. That’s what he built. He built a lie machine that could push this stuff out. You reap what you sow.”

metmike: Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy!

Previous Jones related threads:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/87895/

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/85998/#86002

AlexJones paying the price for his blatant DISinformation/lies            

13 responses |           

Started by metmike - Nov. 15, 2021, 6:44 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77858/

Comments
By mcfarm - Oct. 13, 2022, 10:05 a.m.
Like Reply

wow if Jones owes a billion for 1 single theory just how many billions does are very own  FBI owe for several? And just yesterday heard after all was outed in the Russian collusion fake they then offered Steele a million of tax payer money to extend and revise his remarks to further the cover up

By joj - Oct. 13, 2022, 10:28 a.m.
Like Reply

Alex Jones’ faithful show up at the funeral of a six year old girl and harass the parents.  Many families had to endure the right wing creeps showing up at their homes firing shots in the air.  Several families moved to escape the harassment.

I was sure we had finally arrived at a topic that ALL of us could agree on.  But instead I read a response of “What about….”

Wow.  Just wow.

By metmike - Oct. 13, 2022, 12:53 p.m.
Like Reply

Now we call DISinformation = to just theories and come up with false equivalencies to make it seem unfair.

Like:

Clinton took some audio tapes of interviews of him while at the White House that were part of a book that a private author wrote that told us everything on those tapes(for the book) is the same as Trump taking dozens of classified documents.

Or that the riots of 2020 did more property damage and took more lives making the attention towards people trying to overthrow a presidential election, including a president, blatantly abusing his power in office for 2 months to over throw the results of an election that he lost is unfair.

He still claims that he won and tens of millions of captured minds  WANT to believe, so they allow him to control them and the republicans who put votes ahead of ethical standards go along with it because lies that might  help them personally are better than the truth that helps make their party better.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/88661/#89120

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/88019/

By mcfarm - Oct. 14, 2022, 8:47 p.m.
Like Reply

Am really tired of you 2 running here acting all butt hurt and putting words in other peoples mouths, I never mentioned how I felt about Jones, he seems like a creep to me. I never mentioned what he did or how he did it or to who.  What I did was compare a 1 billion dollar jury fine to what our FBI as done again and again and again. For you 2, reading is fundamental. Quick being so quick to jump someone to make some point that does not apply. It gets real old real quick.

By metmike - Oct. 15, 2022, 10:36 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks mcfarm,

"What I did was compare a 1 billion dollar jury fine to what our FBI as done again and again and again."

Sorry to upset you but you just repeated the exact point that I was referring to, so I obviously did not misunderstand you. This is called a false equivalency.

Please hear me out.

You're comparing 2 totally different things that are not related to each other to make a moral equivalency.  

The jury in the Alex Jones case is not part of the FBI and has nothing to do with the FBI.  Jury selection processes have well defined rules, using citizens from the general population that see things from various viewpoints. They hear arguments from both sides that get equal opportunities to present their cases and everybody gets to observe the entire process, so its transparent. Except in the jury room, where they discuss the evidence and vote in private. They are usually very fair by design but juries can be manipulated and judges can impose a sentence that is not fair......but usually not. 

The FBI is something completely different. It  sometimes has no accountability with people who will cover for each other and use personal or political bias to influence outcomes. The perfect examples are them covering for Hunter Biden(and Joe).

Even better is  them/Mueller wasting 2.5 years trying to wreck Trumps reputation and ending up CREATING most of the crimes by setting up the targeted people to tell a lie during questioning so they could charge them with perjury and claim they got convictions. Then, pretending like the investigation finding instances of Russia's meddling in our election justified spending 25 million dollars. Anybody with objectivity can see that the investigation was started to confirm that Trump colluded with Russia to win the election. It was started with bogus evidence BECAUSE TRUMP DID NOT COLLUDE! Then, after they realized that from the very early stages......they intentionally dragged out the investigation so that the media and dems, during that entire time could trumpet that false narrative "Trump colluded with Russia"...... for 2+ years, while  they knew the entire time that it was NOT true but never once stepped in to correct all the blatant lies. 

Once you convince people of something, its impossible to change their mind with conflicting evidence. They released the report.....NO COLLUSION but implied that Trump had committed other crimes, including obstruction of justice (for merely trying to do what any innocent person has a right to do when they are being attacked with false accusations-defend themselves and try to stop them from doing it)

In fact, having those lies repeated without being corrected or questioned for 2.5 years was WHAT MUELLER'S INVESTIGATION was all about.

Then, they destroyed evidence of them conspiring and communicating to do exactly as I described above by wiping all their cell phones clean and deleting any emails that showed them doing it.

++++++++++

So mcfarm, I agree with you about the FBI but it has nothing to do with Alex Jones and that jury, or judge, those people and those circumstances.

In fact, they have much LESS in common than they do similarities.

If we had used a jury of 12 people, like the ones used to try Alex Jones, replacing the corrupt FBI to try Trump for colluding with Russia(from the get go) using the legal standards that apply to protect all Americans.

What do you think would have happened?

Mueller and his team would have been forced to present legal evidence and in timely fashion.

Mueller and his team would have been forced to be transparent and  have their evidence scrutinized, not enforced with impunity. Trump's team would have been allowed to defend him with their evidence and not be charged with obstruction of justice for doing it.

Unquestionably Trump would be NOT guilty with a likely unanimous 12-0 decision and at the longest, it would have had the verdict  in  a fraction of the time, save tax payers many millions and been a fair decision that proved the innocence of a man being persecuted for something he never did.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

So mcfarm, the legal system with Jones (although the verdict was excessive) was an example of fair justice and how it can work  to impose stiff penalties on those breaking the laws.

The legal system with the FBI in the cases above are  examples of it being REALLY BROKEN,  by allowing elites at the very top, who are unaccountable and who collude and protect each other to impose THEIR justice in a very biased/political way for self serving objectives.

2 completely things that are not equivelent.