Georgia's New "Jim Crow 2.0" Voting laws
16 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - May 20, 2022, 9:18 a.m.

Turns out,  they only make it harder to cheat as they've had a rather positive effect on turnout.

I wonder when Joe B. et.al. will apologize for their libelous statements?  I'm gonna guess never. 

Maybe the MLB will move the AllStars game back?  Oh well,  at least we got the World Series last year :-)

Raffensperger reacts to Georgia's record-breaking early voting turnout (msn.com)

According to Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger's Office, as of Wednesday night, more than 565,000 Georgians have voted early, which is a 153% increase from the same point in the early voting period in the 2018 primary election and a 189% increase in the 2020 primary election.  

Comments
By WxFollower - May 20, 2022, 12:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Raffensperger is a patriot for how he handled the 2020 election in GA and I hope he wins re-election.

Also, Perdue is thankfully doing horribly in the polls in the Governor race.

By metmike - May 20, 2022, 1:44 p.m.
Like Reply

"they only make it harder to cheat as they've had a rather positive effect on turnout."

The biggest cheaters, regarding the 2020 election by a astronomically large and provable margin,  were the ones claiming the election was stolen from Trump.

Like Trump, Giuliani, Powell, Lindell and Dinesh.

This was just the latest science fiction creation to try to convince voters otherwise.

2000 Mules has been released            

35 responses |              

Started by TimNew - May 7, 2022, 6:32 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/84141/

Previous:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/72115/#72123

Tim,

I know that you have stated several times that you accept the 2020 election results and the people I named above(outside of Dinesh) made bogus claims.

I'm just commenting on you using the bogus "cheating narrative" that appeals to 99.9% of the people that are convinced the election was stolen from Trump.

By metmike - May 20, 2022, 2:25 p.m.
Like Reply

I'll repeat this once again here because it's appropriate.

This administration is not entirely responsible for everything that is going wrong. (The energy problems were started with Obama/Biden's war on fossil fuels and Biden is just carrying the baton and making it even worse) for instance.

However, they are responsible for some of it and some of their actions actually make things even worse

E15 gas this Summer            

12 responses |   

Started by metmike - April 12, 2022, 4:04 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/83265/

With that being the case, the republicans have all the ammo they need to obliterate the other side in all upcoming elections this year. AS A UNITED PARTY!

When you start putting in the 2020 election fraud horse manure that has half the party upset and believing Biden stole the election..........you tick off the other half  of the Rs that stand for truth and ethics and totally turn off independents like Larry and MIke.

You can keep doing it if you want............but this is EXACTLY WHAT THE DEMOCRATS WANT YOU TO DO in order to have something for Rs to fight amongst themselves about.

There is no fighting about Biden's job and his rapid loss in cerebral functions. 

By TimNew - May 20, 2022, 3:24 p.m.
Like Reply

WX,  I have no reason to vote against Kemp or Rafensberger and I suspect they will win the primaries handily.  I also expect they will retain their offices.

MM,  I am not debating the 2020 election.  I am saying that the process had too many vulnerabilities.

To me,  it's quite telling that the dems are so opposed to the stengthening of voter ID and mislabeling it Voter Suppresion.   What are their motives?  A simple read of the alws says there is no basis for the accusations/claims.

And the turnout so far confirms that their claims were a joke.

By WxFollower - May 20, 2022, 3:51 p.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

I too am 100% in favor of voters showing ID in person (like has been the case) as well as providing GA license number, State ID number, or other acceptable ID on the absentee application. The only thing that I'd like to see is for all states to issue a separate ID strictly for voting that is issued to all registered voters. Is that feasible? Tim, what do you think of this idea?

By metmike - May 20, 2022, 4:25 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks for some great thoughts.

I've always strongly supported voter ID too.

US laws make it easier to cheat, no doubt. That's part of why many nefarious people used that weakness to manufacture massive cheating that never happened.

Canada does it and so does much of the world.

Incredibly, some countries make it compulsory to vote.

Read this discussion about the rest of the world's voting  and almost any objective person would see that the US is at the extreme edge of bad voting laws(easiest to cheat).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_identification_laws

A voter identification law is a law that requires a person to show some form of identification in order to vote. In some jurisdictions requiring photo IDs, voters who do not have photo ID often must have their identity verified by someone else (such as in Sweden) or sign a Challenged Voter Affidavit (such as in New Hampshire) in order to receive a ballot to vote.

By TimNew - May 20, 2022, 10:32 p.m.
Like Reply

WX. A voter ID specifically for registered voters?   I love it.  I'll bet dems would fight that tooth and nail.  You can only wonder as to why,  but I am pretty sure I know. 

MM..   That's part of why many nefarious people used that weakness to manufacture massive cheating that never happened.

You are so absolutely certain that there was not enough fraud to sway the 2020 election.  

I am not.  

I've been around enough to know that if something can happen, it probably will, particularly if there is motivation to make it so.

Do we know for a fact that it did happen?   No..   Not really.  But no objective observer would ever say it is an absolute certainty that it did not.  

I'm just happy that the rules have been changed to make it far less likely.  

And I find it very curious that one side has worked so hard to blatantly misrepresent the changes.  Why would they do that?  What would be their motivation?

By metmike - May 20, 2022, 11 p.m.
Like Reply

"You are so absolutely certain that there was not enough fraud to sway the 2020 election.   I am not. "

For the 100th+ time here...........so show the evidence.

Not speculative, theoretical, could have happened.........and the Ds were so dang clever, that the R's can't bust them nor, could the hand recounts, investigations, audits, legal challenges and everything else.

They must have used MAGIC!

Do I need to post the dozens of threads again that showed conclusively almost all the fraud came from the side claiming Biden's people stole the election.

To be honest, I was surprised that Trump did as well as he did.

But you guys just keep believing the opposite of what the evidence conclusively showed and now it's 1.5 years later.

I gave you all the chance to see the objective evidence 100 times and can only do my best to show it.

It's on you to believe something different. I've done my best. 

This is just a tiny fraction of the continual bs, coming from just your state TIm:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/83467/

By TimNew - May 21, 2022, 6:15 a.m.
Like Reply

I said:

Do we know for a fact that it did happen?   No..   Not really.  But no objective observer would ever say it is an absolute certainty that it did not.

To which you replied:

For the 100th+ time here...........so show the evidence.

We're obviously not communicating here, so lets move on.

Here is part of one conversation I had with an old friend.  She actually fled the county after this due to harrassment.

I lived it at the Gwinnett election building. Everything was different this election. I can’t even explain my frustration at the evidence just I have, and I’m just an ordinary citizen that looked into things with some other people - after a series of unbelievable things happened. I know too many pieces of a puzzle, from people I 100% trust ( including myself) that don’t fit. You have no idea the dead ends and brick walls we hit, trying to get anyone to look at what we had. I worked at the election office 12 years and I will die screaming that the election was stolen. Brad Raffensberger is a lying son of a bitch and I blame the state of the country on him.  He was rich before, so I don’t think money was the issue. I’m glad that this movie exists, but at this point I don’t think anything will change. One of my best friends is the chairman of the Gwinnett election board and even she could do nothing because the board is 3-2 towards the Dems right now. They voted to not look at the evidence we had of people voting with home address at Advanced  Auto parts, lots with no homes, P.O. Boxes, etc. We had evidence of people voting in two states and were told that we couldn’t prove that they voted for the same offices in both states, so the complaints were dismissed. They didn’t want to waste tax dollars on stamps to confirm bad addresses, that the state told the county not to clean the voter rolls and the state said it was up to them. I even had a “friend” in the SOS office, contact me and tell me to take down a post I had up. She said she was on the call with Trump herself and I was spreading lies. Oddly enough, the call recording was later found in her computer trash can and what I had said was correct. Sorry, I get upset about this. My last statement is that in all the years of working elections, I have never been home before 2am. I was home by 8pm that night. We had a suspicious drone incident that freaked everyone out and no one seemed to balk at leaving at 8pm. Then at 2am was the infamous glitch. I could go on and on and on - but drop boxes stole the election. Bottom line - I know the movie is most likely all true, first hand but I don’t it will matter at this point.

By metmike - May 21, 2022, 12:27 p.m.
Like Reply

"We're obviously not communicating here, so lets move on."

I'm cool with that Tim but then, why, instead of actually moving on......you show us a long, anecdotal, non legit evidence based, obviously personallly biased statement by 1 individual.

To be totally frank, Tim. If THAT is supposed to serve as the reasoning or evidence to support your case, then you can't possibly have legit/authentic evidence or you would have used the legit evidence and never use that. 

If anything, it proves there is no real evidence.

I can only guess that this, once again falls into your desire to speculate and theorize that if this same thing was happening X 1,000 across the country(absurdly just the 6 states that Trump needed to win but nowhere else) then it would add up to the votes that allowed Biden to steal the election.

Just one huge problem with that.

All the LEGIT evidence as I keep repeating did NOT show it.

If it was happening X 1,000, there would be numerous incidents to SHOW A CLEAR PATTERN.

The actual authentic evidence showed the complete opposite.

Seriously, I am the one learning from these discussions with people that believe the election was stolen.

There really is no debate about the legitimacy of the election results which were proven beyond all doubts ....even though I keep feeling the need to repeat the same conclusive evidence over and over to the ones that will never believe in something they don't want to face and go to all the far right sources that have captured their brains to have that reinforced.

You will note my frequent analysis, like that above into what your thinking must be to respond like this. 

The fascinating thing for me, is observing and learning more about human behavior and human psychology, especially how it relates to political ideologies..............which are no better than a religion, at times or even a cult, that has tenets rooted in faith that not only don't require evidence but that stand tall/remain a solid belief, no matter how powerful the evidence is to obliterate it(the false beliefs) as a lie. 

Even extremely smart people(smarter than me) fall into this sort of belief system.

By metmike - May 21, 2022, 12:41 p.m.
Like Reply

As you suggested Tim, I've moved on to something more productive..........getting to understand the way humans think........especially ourselves!                

Cognitive biases            

10 responses |                

Started by metmike - April 24, 2022, 11:34 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/83621/

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/82480/#82513

Thanks very much joj .....and I liked the way that you put it with a bit of humor!

Yes, we all have bias, including me with absolute certainty. That's why my favorite posts here are those that disagree with me.

It helps me to try to practice the scientific method as best I can(but yes, I'm human and sometimes let what I think that I know cause me to FIND facts and data that supports what I think that I know)

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77011/#82438

But I'm still working on fighting my cognitive bias! The minute a person thinks they have no bias.........is exactly when any real  bias has an opportunity to grow the fastest!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

And your response is extremely appreciated because, seriously it helps to remind me to be careful of my own bias.

The only way any of this good stuff that I post here works is to constantly remind ourselves of it....me in this case.

And doing it several times a week is a minimum. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/82252/

By TimNew - May 21, 2022, 12:43 p.m.
Like Reply

Yes.  No doubt my friends 1st hand experience was a direct result of cognitive bias :-)

By metmike - May 21, 2022, 1:44 p.m.
Like Reply

Tim

Whether you're serious or not....nothing personal and we're all here to hopefully try to learn new things from each other and share them.

By WxFollower - May 25, 2022, 12:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Kemp (Gov), Raffensperger (Sec of State), and Carr (AG) all won without a runoff in the GA GOP primary. Good news from my standpoint as Trump didn't back any of them. However, Trump backed Walker easily won for Senate though that was expected due largely to name recognition. Lt Gov may have a runoff with Miller as pro-Trump Jones is near 50% (50.1%). The awful imho MTG unfortunately won easily for US House (NW GA) though not necessarily surprising.

Turnout was fantastic! This those who were worried that the new voting laws would reduce turnout were wrong.

By TimNew - May 25, 2022, 2:30 p.m.
Like Reply

This those who were worried that the new voting laws would reduce turnout were wrong.

Anyone familiar with the laws already knew that.   But the dramatic increase in turnout in nearly every district adds icing to the cake.

Of course, if you feel the dead have just as much right to vote as anyone else,  you may disagree :-). 

I honestly don't think Trump is much of a factor in most voters decisions. I think the winners/losers were decided regardless of his endorsment.  If he happens to "endorse" more winners than losers, it proves he's better than even at picking winners.

As far as general elections are concerned,   I suspect you can't go wrong betting on the pub in every race.  You won't win every time, just the majority.

By metmike - May 25, 2022, 3:23 p.m.
Like Reply

"I suspect you can't go wrong betting on the pub in every race.  You won't win every time, just the majority."

Speaking of which (thanks to bear for finding this for us):

https://iemweb.biz.uiowa.edu/

US Congressional Control Market

PricesDaily Price Graph                    Market Overview                

Daily Price Graph