Trump Has Election Take That Dems Support
31 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Oct. 14, 2021, 2:27 a.m.

Donald Trump Has An Election Take That Democrats Would Probably Support

https://news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-election-democrats-probably-224516993.html

David Moye

·2 min read

Donald Trump has a take on upcoming elections that will likely get more support from Democrats than Republicans.

The former president released a statement through his spokesperson Liz Harrington on Wednesday suggesting that “if we don’t solve the Presidential Election Fraud of 2020,” Republicans will not be voting in 2022 or 2024.

Trump’s statement followed a Georgia state judge dismissing a lawsuit alleging that officials in Fulton County, which includes Atlanta, had counted fraudulent ballots during last November’s election.

Still, Trump’s words may not be an empty threat, according to NBC News correspondent Sahil Kapur, who noted on Twitter that “the same fabricated claims of fraud arguably depressed GOP turnout in the Georgia runoffs and helped Democrats win the Senate.”

Naturally, many non-fans of the former president happily endorsed the idea of Trump supporters sitting out the next two elections.

metmike: Trump has done far more to help the democrats during the past 4 years than the top 3 democrats combined (-:

He has done more to hurt the republicans the past 4 years  than the 10 worst republicans combined.

Trump running in 2024 =99% chance for a democrat landslide win. 

Comments
By mcfarm - Oct. 14, 2021, 7:48 a.m.
Like Reply

maybe, just maybe by 2022 or 24 when Desnatis is in the WH all the crazy libs so ate up with Trump will get over it. And who knows that Durham report might just be out.

By WxFollower - Oct. 14, 2021, 10:47 a.m.
Like Reply

mc,

1. I can assure you it is a lot more than just libs that are concerned with a former POTUS still pushing a made-up unstabilizing fake widespread election fraud idea for the 2020 election. Is George Will a crazy lib? Liz Cheney? Me? Met Mike? I can assure you that none of us are even left leaning.

2. If Desantis had balls and principles of integrity, he'd separate himself from Trump by denouncing the Big Lie. Not doing so is very telling.

3. This is not a lib vs con issue. Rather, this is based on an individual making up dangerous lies. There's absolutely nothing conservative about going along with the Big Lie. Actually, I'd argue it is the opposite if anything. We have a POTUS trying to become a dictator. The last thing cons are supposed to want is an over-reaching  Federal govt..

By metmike - Oct. 14, 2021, 1:14 p.m.
Like Reply

Well put Larry!

After the election, we got to see truly who was with Trump because of his good for America agenda and who was with Trump because they will believe in anything that he says.

NOBODY that wasn't for for Trump before the election switched sides and is now for him.

The main change after the election has been only in the form of him LOSING people (ALL republicans, some with a strong allegiance to the party).

Libertarians that supported him before almost all bailed on that support. Most democrats hated him and they all are saying "see, we told you so" now.

Even republican leaning guys like Larry that hated Trump before can say it............and be totally justified!

It's like being in a speed boat race and the captain of the republican boat say's "throw the anchor out! We're going to compete in this race with our anchor weighting us down!"

It's totally insane to elevate somebody like this in your party to give him so much power and control right now. He is still the favorite choice to run in 2024. One has to question the sanity of republicans. They are just afraid of the power that he has over people..........PERIOD and they are terrified that if Trump comes out against them, its the kiss of death because many tens of millions of R voters are captivated and hypnotized by whatever this psychopath says. Truth has ZERO to do with it.

At his rallies, he just repeats totally, 100% debunked massive lies and everybody cheers and chants over the lies. 

This is truly the biggest cult in American history.........by a couple orders of magnitude.

And the places reinforcing this like FOX news are NOT your friends. They are using you for ratings and for their political ideologies and self serving interests/power as the number 1 watched political tv channel that has the franchise for the right..........selling their souls to the devil.

They are doing what keeps them #1. 

FOX is a great (but biased) source on many things but they are in the sewer for credibility on Trump and the COVID vaccine.  NOT because I disagree with them........I disagree with them because they are in the sewer. 

Larry and I are being your true friends when we tell you the truth.

Who wants to be brainwashed with lies and have their intelligence stolen with lies?

NOBODY on the planet, man. You should be outraged that they are doing this to you.

I still watch FOX, I'm saying don't watch FOX or go to these other sites.............but when you do........don' t allow them to capture and control your brain/opinions. 

If you can't keep from believing the bs.........then you must be disciplined enough to make the right choice ethically and stop subjecting yourself to temptation which is causing that to happen/be constantly reinforced.

No matter how convincing they sound and no matter how much you like to hear what they say......they are tricking and using you. 

Larry and I have no agenda except to tell you the objective truth as your ally. 

That's the ONLY reason that I'm here. Not MY truth or the Republicans truth or any other truth but THE truth. 

Everybody has a right to know THE truth. Nobody/no place has the right to steal our intelligence with lies to trick us, no matter what their motivation is. 

By metmike - Oct. 14, 2021, 3:15 p.m.
Like Reply

Anti-Trump Republicans endorsing vulnerable Democrats to prevent GOP takeover

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/576762-anti-trump-republicans-endorsing-vulnerable-democrats-to-prevent-gop

Democrats and centrist Republicans in the 2022 midterm elections to fight against former President Trump’s hold on the party.

The Renew America Movement (RAM) announced it is backing a slew of lawmakers running for reelection. The group was founded by a group of moderates within the GOP after the Jan. 6 insurrection, which was fueled by Trump’s lies about the election being stolen in November.

“There is an urgent effort by Republicans and former Republicans to stem the tide of anti-democratic and lie-based Republican leaders in congress before it’s too late,” RAM said in an announcement.

“Today, Renew America announced its Renewer Watchlist. The Renewer Watchlist is comprised of Republicans, Democrats, and Independents who are working toward real electoral victories.”

"With the mounting threats to our democracy and Constitution, we need people who work proactively to lead their party and the country away from the political extremes," Joel Searby, RAM's national political director, told Reuters, which was the first to report on the endorsements.

All of the group’s endorsees are likely to face headwinds as they fight for reelection, be it from primary or general election challengers with Trump’s backing. 

Among RAM’s leaders are Republicans who served in the Trump administration and have since become critics, including former White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci and Department of Homeland Security official Miles Taylor."

metmike: This new branch of the republican party stands for everything republicans do/always have............except they've added honesty, integrity and the Constitution to their list to distinguish themselves completely from the Trump backed republicans....who apparently are the majority.

They are so dedicated to honesty, integrity and the Constitution that they will support Democrats over Trump republicans....who all completely lack those qualities.

Not might lack those traits but DO lack them by virtue/definition of their current position.

By kris - Oct. 14, 2021, 5:04 p.m.
Like Reply

"We have a POTUS trying to become a dictator"

I don't think Brandon will succeed though ...

By WxFollower - Oct. 14, 2021, 7:36 p.m.
Like Reply

kris,

Biden is not even in the same galaxy as the wannabe dictatorness of Trump, which can be clearly seen by his making up the widespread 2020 election BS. He is not fit to ever be in office again. All the selfish, narcissist  jackass is doing is bringing down the GOP.

By kris - Oct. 14, 2021, 8:44 p.m.
Like Reply

Dang Larry, do we live in the present or do we continue with the "but Trump" ?

Name me one admin that declared citizens of this great country domestic terrorists (for showing up at school board meetings) and sticking federal agents on them? 

Are we going the Australian/Canadian route ?

By TimNew - Oct. 15, 2021, 4:30 a.m.
Like Reply

Name me one admin that declared citizens of this great country domestic terrorists (for showing up at school board meetings) and sticking federal agents on them?

That's just the latest in a long list. I have never seen an onslaught of attacks on personal liberties that even comes close to this.  Property rights are also a thing of the past.  Talk about threats to the constitution. This goes against the roots.

And all the Sheeple respond with "BUT TRUMP!!!".

I am retiring next year and I am seriously starting to think I will need to move everything to another country. If this trend continues,  I probably will.

And I never, in my wildest nightmares,  never ever thought I would think anything like that.

By mcfarm - Oct. 15, 2021, 7:21 a.m.
Like Reply

very sad but entirely accurate post Tim. You will hear nothing but silence from the libs which is just as sad. Well you might hear "but Trump was rude" and then silence.

By metmike - Oct. 15, 2021, 7:42 a.m.
Like Reply

It’s not the Democrats that are trying to bring trump out again by themselves while the republicans try to hide or dismiss him and his actions.

67% of republicans want trump to run again in 2024 and also for trump to be the leader of their/your party......many to get back the presidency that they feel was stolen from him.

That’s not my opinion......it’s your party’s opinion.

I get that you are angry over the early stages of this cultural revolution which is what I’ve been calling it for several years now.....because it is.

The climate accord is just part of it, disguised as a fake climate crisis with a political ideology mostly behind the changes prescribed to ‘fix’the climate.

Too bad your party has decided to fight it by anointing Donald Trump as the leader of messaging and leader of the battle.Anybody else for president would give you a fighting chance.

99% chance of him losing by a landslide in 2024. Hopefully the R voters will come to their senses.

That’s who you should be trying to change.....your own side.

Do like those in the party that stand for truth, integrity and the real Constitution of the election world.

Vocally and vehementally reject Donald Trump and tell it to 67% of fellow republicans(so they can unite behind somebody that EVERYBODY can support for the RIGHT reasons)..... not to democrats.

The R party has been broken apart by Trump and has a near 0% chance of uniting with him.

The democrats are rapidly growing and will be tougher and tougher to beat because of the sheer numbers....with trump being the 1 person causing this to happen the fastest.

If you move to Canada, maybe Wayne will give you some tips.......especially about their socialized medicine that you’ll depend on in your aging years.

There’s  no running or hiding from it. The writing is on the wall if trump stays relevant in the R party.

In that case, the best thing is to focus on and still enjoy all the wonderful technology of the modern age that will still exist even while the cultural revolution progresses rapidly.

By mcfarm - Oct. 15, 2021, 11:35 a.m.
Like Reply

are you kidding MM, really???? How the hell do old timers enjoy the new technology after this bunch of idiots takes the US back to the stone age of no fuel, no cars, no electricity, no heat, no modern conveniences of any kind for that matter....I guess we could look forward to gov stamps on our arms and little gov credit cards to get out weekly handouts of beans and 1 sheet of toilet paper. Hey just yesterday the Presidents chief of staff just came out and said all this hype about inflation is just upper class worry, nothing to see. Hey Ron Klain, idiot from no less than Indiana {how embarrassing is that}, tell that to folks looking at 4 bucks for gas, groocery thru the roof and the idea of a 60% increase in heating  their homes this winter.

By WxFollower - Oct. 15, 2021, 12:59 p.m.
Like Reply

The increase in NG prices is due to free market forces of increased usage during his hot summer combined with Ida losses and especially with increased exports due to shortage in Asia and Europe which were caused by cold winters there. This is all despite high US production.

This has little to do with Biden. This is free market capitalism at work.

By metmike - Oct. 15, 2021, 1:03 p.m.
Like Reply

"are you kidding MM, really???? How the hell do old timers enjoy the new technology after this bunch of idiots takes the US back to the stone age of no fuel, no cars, no electricity, no heat, no modern conveniences of any kind for that matter"

mcfarm,

Trust me on this. No matter how bad it gets, it will be 10 times better than your great, great grand parents had it.............ON THEIR BEST DAY!

In farming, more like a thousand times better.

Reasonstobe thankful here in 2021............and all the years to follow!

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/45623/

By metmike - Oct. 15, 2021, 1:24 p.m.
Like Reply

Farming in the 1920s

https://livinghistoryfarm.org/farminginthe20s/machines_01.htm

Photograph of farmer plowing a field with horses.

A farmer plows a field with a team of draft horses.

Photo of an steam tractor.

An early steam-powered traction engine

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

metmike: Then we gradually saw advancements!

THE COMBINE HARVESTER

http://www.bushywood.com/farming/Combine_Harvester.htm

Before these modern-day machines were developed, agricultural workers had to harvest crops by carrying out a series of laborious operations one after another. First they had to cut down the plants with a long-handled cutting tool such as a scythe. Next, they had to separate the edible grain from the inedible chaff by beating the cut stalks—an operation known as threshing. Finally, they had to clean any remaining debris away from the seeds to make them suitable for use in a mill. All this took a lot of time and a lot of people.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

These machines were awesome when they  first came out!!!  I'll bet you spent several decades or more sitting where this guy is sitting.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Can you imagine your great, great grandaddy thinking the harvesting equipment for his farm would look like this more than a century later?

++++++++++++++++++++++

Photograph of farmer plowing a field with horses.

Farming in Indiana in the year 2031 under mcfarm's  Democrats (-:

By mcfarm - Oct. 15, 2021, 2:22 p.m.
Like Reply

exactly, seems to be the Sanders. AOC, Biden goal.....of course the elites will be safe in their secured mansions

By TimNew - Oct. 16, 2021, 5:59 a.m.
Like Reply

Really entertaining MM.  You're all for bread and circuses.  To hell with freedom,  right?

Exactly the kind of thinking that's ruining this country.  You really won't like how the story ends.

By metmike - Oct. 16, 2021, noon
Like Reply

"Exactly the kind of thinking that's ruining this country."

I sure hope not Tim, because I've dedicated my life to making the world(mainly the US part of it) a better and happier place.

Actually, it's the main reason I do this for no pay.

https://www.marketforum.com/about/

I know that you agree strongly with this:

I am your best friend and you don't even know it Tim. 

Remember how the republicans, including you thought how insane the far left was during Trump's presidency? 

With TDS. They hated his guts. So angry all the time, with that anger and  major discontent  directed at the republicans because the right  had control and the Dems were extremely unhappy all the time because they didn't have the power.

It totally flipped after Trump lost and the Democrats took control  and Republicans lost it in both houses. Note that the democrats stopped their raging and rioting............gee, what a coincidence (-:

After Trump lost, it's the Republicans that rioted against the Constitution. It's the R's that have Fauci Derangement Syndrome and BDS and are raging over their taking over of freedoms, including the freedom to reject getting vaccinated that ironically, killed thousands of mostly Republicans.

All because Democrats now have control.

One would have to be living in a cave to miss the metamorphose and total party mentality flip regarding what political group is happy and what party is raging right now..........over just the last year.

So are you still driving the same car?  

Same income? Same family?  Same friends? Same computer/electronics? Same appliances? Same house? Same education? Same profession? Same food?  Same church/faith? 

Same ability to choose everything that you want for you and your family every day(except some people MUST get vaccinated for their and others good that don't want to and some must wear masks in certain places).

99% of everything is the same for most republicans............so why go from happy to enraged and from enjoying a quality life to convinced of and dwelling on  doom and gloom?

Happiness is totally a mindset under these conditions.

I just proved it above. The party flip in the last year, was the biggest determinant in changing people's happiness based entirely on a mindset. 

You live in the exact same world as the far left lives in, with all the same stuff and opportunities.

It's easy to see where it's coming from.

Chris Cuomo on CNN was the angriest guy on TV(there were a few others-especially on CNBC) when Trump was in office.

By a wide margin, that title now goes to Tucker Carlson and Shaun Hannity on Fox and several others there. 

They WANT YOU TO BE ANGRY and upset and to rebel because the political enemy, the left took control from them/you. That is what they stand for because its tied to their self serving interest as well as Trump and the far right republicans supporting his frame of mind.(tens of millions still convinced the election was stolen).

Of course people should be enraged right now if Biden stole the election from Trump.

But it never happened. They are enraged over a totally manufactured lie. 

But you think that metmike's thinking is what's causing it with this:

I'm telling you again, you don't have to be this way. Stop letting them control your thinking and happiness.

Use your right and freedom to choose.................happiness and enjoy your life much more. 

You don't have to agree with the politics but ............it's politics man. Why do your far left neighbors get to be really happy living in the same neighborhood  with the same things/world and you have to be miserable?

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/67714/

By metmike - Oct. 16, 2021, 12:13 p.m.
Like Reply

Let me guess.

You are "looking ahead" at how bad things will get.

In other words, your far left neighbors are looking ahead at the same things that make them  really happy while thinking about them today, enjoying life much more but you are seeing the same things and it's making you miserable/angry.......today.........right now. 

Of course the only way to take control back from the Dems is to be unhappy/disagree and rebel.

That might work too, if it was used to focus ALL republicans on a traditionally  conservative agenda that included supporting truth, ethics and the Constitution.

But 67% of republicans support a psychopath that wants to overthow the most cherished Constitutional realm in our country(an authentic presidential election) and who lies more than he tells the truth.........the rest have turned into never Trumpers and now we have republicans, not only upset/angry with democrats but republicans...........upset/angry with fellow republicans. All over politics.

Seeing this happening is just increasing the frustration and unhappiness for ALL republicans right now.

All because of politics(and guess who).

Again, I'm not telling you this because I'm from the far left or your enemy. Just the complete opposite.  I can't make you believe the truth or to use it to make yourself happy. 

You can't control any of these things mentioned above. You can vote and give your opinions or even become more active in a political organization but that's not going to change YOUR world or YOUR  happiness(complaining usually makes it worse). 

Happiness is one of the things that you have almost complete control over.  Join me and choose happiness!

By TimNew - Oct. 16, 2021, 10:52 p.m.
Like Reply

Let me say this.

Our grandparents would happily prefer to work the soil with their bare hands in freedom than work the soil with the best tech available as slaves.

And we are becoming slaves.  We are taxed when we earn.  We are taxed when we work.  We are taxed when we buy. We are taxed when we save. We are taxed when we sell.  We are taxed when we die.  We are taxed for owning property.  And we pay all the taxes on all the taxes that are paid by everyone who provided the products we buy.   Working for free is slavery and we are damn close to that.   But OK.   That's pretty bad. Meanwhile, we spend billions in foreign aid that ends up in the pockets of people like Joe and Hunter and the Clintons and just about every politician.

Now we also need to ask permission for most of what we do.  Pay some sort of tribute to some useless unelected bureaucrat,.  Buy a house.  Buy a car.  Start a business.   Run a business.   All of it.

Bureaucrats who produce nothing.  Ever.  For anyone.

I've gotten used to that.  Most businessmen have.  We adjust and we still make money in spite of it.  But it's a total waste that costs all of us thousands every year.  OK.   Whatever.   

But now..   We are reaching new  levels.  Our freedoms are being assaulted.  Seriously.  Those freedoms you appear to take for granted and that you apparently don't value were bought with the lives of tens of thousands of men who fought and died for them.   Our grandarents.

We have a government that is actively persuing censorship.  But selectively.  Parents who oppose what the government indoctrinates their children with are now domestic terrorists.  And thats just the latest in a long list.

Government is urging MADATORY VACCINATIONS.  And while I think we should be vaccinated, it's not the governments moral, legal or ethical place to do so.  

Government telling business how and when to open and how many customers they can have for a virus with a 99.9+% rate of survival.

But people like you, in their own words,  are all for these infringments on our rights.  Yeah,  you oppose some of it,  but not much.

Dictators, from the beginning of time have said something like "It's not an infringment  on your rights if it's for your own good".  They're saying exactly that in Australia right now.  And essentially that here in the US.  And you appear to be in total agreement.

Our founders,  the ones who brought us to this dance, said things like..

"Those who give up liberty for temporary saftey get neither liberty nor safety"

And

"I would rather deal with the consequences of too much liberty than too little".

Think about that for a few minutes.  

But I honestly believe,  from what you have said,  that you have no idea what I am speaking of. And you have plenty of company.  And that is leading to the end of the greatest expirement in self governing in the history of mankind.

Sadly, in a few decades,  our grandkids will hate us for what we gave up.  And , if they choose, will have to fight to the death to get back what we should have given them.

Hard times make strong men

Strong men make  good times

Good times make weak men

Weak men make hard times.

By metmike - Oct. 17, 2021, 11:26 a.m.
Like Reply

"But I honestly believe,  from what you have said,  that you have no idea what I am speaking of."

Tim,

I know that you are convinced of this, enough to call me ignorant about it and totally make up a quote that I never said or even suggested. Please stay with me on the points below. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/75944/#75963

Once again MM,  you are being willfully ignorant.  I can't educate the eagerlly ignorant.   It's a waste of time.

Your argument "We're not seeing censorship like what we saw in NAZI Germany so it's stupid to talk about it"..

Have you ever considered that I totally see everything that you do but also see something else and am trying to help you open your mind to seeing something else?

That I'm actually trying to help you and to enlighten you.........not force a belief system or ideology on you or prove that I'm right about something.

That I'm not the enemy or an adversary or from the far left or from the government or from the Fauci religious cult or  for censorship or for restricting your freedoms

I am actually for all the things that you are for but see other things too.......the big picture that dials in EVERYTHING. 

Did you ever think that maybe you have tunnel vision and your bias is blinding you to anything outside of the tunnel?

That the cognitive bias which defines human beings and is altering Americans views right now?

When one side that we disagree with is pushing their stuff on us, regardless of what level that is or what the reasons are for.......... it instinctively causes us to defend our stuff with compulsive vigor and turns into a one sided fight with the other side being portrayed as a mortal enemy out to obliterate everything good in our world.

I'm telling you Tim.............that's what's happening.  You just can't see it.

Again, I do see the reasons for all your points. ............and just a little bit more because I'm not completely anchored to interpreting EVERYTHING thru a brain that views it all from just one side. 

The other side is not the devil incarnate or trying to use diabolical schemes to obliterate everything good that the right worked for. There are big differences in the way they want to achieve what they consider altruistic objectives but you can trust me on this one...........their objectives are altruistic and not diabolical and the descriptions that you, Gunter and mcfarm are assigning to them this year are just insanely delusional from minds completely assuming they are diabolical because of the tunnel vision I described earlier.

It probably makes you cringe to even consider trying to objectively  adjust your position to the left because the position this year has been instinctively going farther and farther right to protect and defend your interests against the war on them.

You have become super sensitive......become enraged and call me names when you think that I might infringe on even the tiniest bit on any freedoms...........like with censorship here. 

Another person can't even have an opinion that agrees almost entirely with you  but has a tiny difference.

Then, you claim that the other person is a control freak that will ban anybody that disagrees with them. 

Tim,

You've been a valuable contributor here for over a decade and I'm extraordinarily grateful to you. I'm trying to express my gratitude by helping you out here. At least, won't you  please accept my gift of discernment and not keep vehemently rejecting it?

By TimNew - Oct. 17, 2021, 11:55 a.m.
Like Reply

Our differences are not tiny, MM.   

You support "some" censorship.  Some of it is good.     Do you deny saying that?  How do you define "good" censorship?   What are the  limits?   When does censorship become bad?  Who gets to decide?

I think there is no such thing as "good" censorship.  As the saying goes,  the truth does not mind being challenged,  but lies do. 

Do you support government mandates of covid vaccines?   You sure have given that impression.

I believe that is illegal, immoral and unethical, particularly with a virus with a 99+% survivabliity rate. Not only that,  it is a prime example of government over reach that is exactly what the founders  oppoosed.

And if you support that, it stands to reason you'd support all sorts of mandates from the government.  Do you agree with the statement "It's not an infringement of your rights if it's for your own good"?  If you do,  think about the powers you wish the grant the government over your life.

These are but two examples of our differences and they are not tiny.  The fact that you seem to think they are speaks volumes.

By metmike - Oct. 17, 2021, 12:31 p.m.
Like Reply

"Our differences are not tiny, MM." 

Tim,

You've convinced yourself of that and nothing can change you believing  it and nothing can stop you from spending a massive amount of time dwelling on what you want to believe about that.

Here's something else that I learned a long time ago.

With many to most people that are convinced about something, showing them information that contradicts that belief......causes them to believe in it even more.

So agreeing with them will directly reinforce their belief and disagreeing with them will cause them to look for reasons to justify their belief so that they can justify their belief.

Rarely are people using the scientific method and looking for reasons for why they might be wrong.

The above 3 paragraphs are just irrefutable human bevaior traits that every authority on the planet knows about....

But it still defines us.

Your response will be to want me to prove to you all over again, why  I THINK that we agree on so many things and frankly, I don't have time to keep doing this over and over and over...........and have you ignore it every single time.

You can go back yourself and read all the previous posts because you and I have said everything that can be said about this. Otherwise, this one below will be the last for me at this thread and we should move on to something more productive.....please. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/76168/#76308

By TimNew - Oct. 18, 2021, 7:36 a.m.
Like Reply

Unbelievable.

OK.  Let's get right  down to it.

Do you think censorship is good at least sometimes?  Yes os No.

Do you believe in government mandates for covid vaccines.   Yes or No,.

By metmike - Oct. 18, 2021, 11:42 a.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

Now you're being like vandy............coming here for the arguments and to pick fights.

If you were sincerely paying attention to my points in previous emails this month, you would clearly know the answers to those questions which I gave numerous times.

You are only asking those questions again right now, so that you can have an argument/battle over whatever my answer is........

I realize that you greatly detest having somebody setting rules to keep this place moving forward in a positive way vs bogged down by "some" posters obsessed with  battling over their political issue ..........but at least respect your fellow posters Tim.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/76060/#76212

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: More censorship            

By kris - Oct. 14, 2021, 5:07 p.m.            

Could we just stop beating the dead horse already, darn this is getting old.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So once again Tim, this is my last comment below on this because repeating the exact same things over and over and over is counterproductive to our objectives here:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/76168/#76310

metmike from the previous post: "You can go back yourself and read all the previous posts because you and I have said everything that can be said about this. Otherwise, this one below will be the last for me at this thread and we should move on to something more productive.....please."

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/76168/#76308

++++++++++++++++++++

Kris has it right on this......not because it agrees with the moderator but because.......it’s right.

By TimNew - Oct. 19, 2021, 6:01 a.m.
Like Reply

You maintain that our disagreement is tiny.  I maintain that  the two items listed above alone, are massive.   You say that's because of my bias.

You know for a fact that you have come out in support of censorship.

You know for a fact that you have come out for vaccine mandates.

You know for a fact that I strongly disagree with both positions and do not consider that a tiny disagreement,  but one that goes to the root of fundamental beliefs.

You wanting to compare me to Vandy and call me biased is a distraction from this very straight forward  position.

By metmike - Oct. 19, 2021, 8:16 a.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

I’m against most censorship.

Gunter  was not censored for instance. Not one of his 200 posts that were mostly against COVID vaccinations were removed or altered. I actually encouraged him to send them Tim, like I encourage all posts that disagree with me.

However, 200 posts on anything was a display of a neurotic compulsion and like I said if it was about his golf game I would have asked him to cool it but instead, it was him, using a favorable audience to propagandize his dangerous message that’s killing people and try to prove that he was right in their eyes. Not only was this damaging to MarketForum but it was extremely unhealthy for me to enable his clinical OCD like that....in fact encourage it in the beginning....my mistake.

So I realized that and asked him to cool it and sent him 3 private emails suggesting he get professional help and sending the same message here.

Instead, it resulted him being even more OCD driven to post more on it because I asked him to post less.

That was NOT censorship of his message or even about it.

Everybody is free to post what Gunter was posting.....but not post only that numerous times a day.

You are getting pretty obsessed with posting about censorship and it’s resulted in 1 complain from a valuable poster here.

Gunter had 4 complaints sent to me from 3 different people.

I've not warned you, just asked you to move on when the discussion has turned counter productive with both sides repeating the same things.

I’ve elaborated quite clearly here on where I’m coming from in a new way to try to add something new to the conversation to assist you in understanding my position on censoring. 

What is it about my NON censorship of any anti COVID vaccination information here....despite me strongly disagreeing with the message..... that you disagree with Tim?

By metmike - Oct. 19, 2021, 8:34 a.m.
Like Reply

BTW, I let Gunter out of the penalty box over 2 weeks early(last week) because he made a positive post on the trading forum and didn’t try to keep posting on the NTR forum as he tried to do the first day of his suspension. 

He can post whatever he wants but if he goes back to posting just OCD anti COVID vaccine stuff.....guess what will happen?

My guess is that he’s mad that he got restricted and might let that drive his behavior but .....maybe not.....my objective is to bring the best out of people and Gunter is capable of better than that so I sincerely hope that he’ll display some character and humility.

Since this is an ANTI censorship policy but driven more by adverse, counterproductive behavior policies..... it should be clear that we are pretty close on censorship.

By TimNew - Oct. 20, 2021, 2:11 a.m.
Like Reply

I’m against most censorship.

Very subjective and poorly defined.  It will allow you to censor just about anything you want.

And a valuable poster has complained?   And 4 complained about Gunter?  So,  we'll censor using democracy?

Alex would have asked "Are they breaking forum rules"?   

And you left off the part about mandated Vaccines. So,  you subscribe to "It's not an infringement on your rights if t's for your own good".

Should we also mandate flu vaccines?    That kills several thousand per year.

And high cholesteral drives up everyones medical costs.  SO that guy who tested high should not be allowed to get a peperonni pizza,  right?   It's for his, and everyones good, and the government always knows best,  right?

Anyway,  this debate has reached the silly level.  You and I disagree on fundamental principles, but for some reason,  you want to convince me that we do not.  Further, you blame my lack of ability to see this "near" agreement on some sort of personal short coming.

You are more than welcome to the last word.    

By metmike - Oct. 20, 2021, 4:56 a.m.
Like Reply

"poorly defined. It will allow you to censor just about anything you want."

Right Tim, accusing somebody who goes to an ultra extreme of over analyzing and overly defining everything  of NOT defining this for you makes alot of sense. The problem is clearly that you have decided to completely ignore the defining of it..........so that you don't have to acknowledge the facts........... no censorship was imposed. No material or information was censored. No posts were removed . No person was censored. They were suspended for 2 weeks from the NTR forum only for their BEHAVIOR. ............OCD posting of the same message 200 times in 5 months. You want to call it censorship so that you can whine about it.

Here's the latest, extreme, ultra defining of something you claim in poorly defined:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/76060/#76439

"You are more than welcome to the last word. "  

Hallelujah (-: 

Hopefully this means that  you are done with your silly fake censorship accusations which is defining the reason for Tim to post here at Marketforum the last 2+ weeks. 

I look forward to  seeing more of your typical, productive posts again!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

More censorship            

16 responses |          

Started by TimNew - Oct. 12, 2021, 4:13 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/76060/

Another Stossell Home Run.  On censorship            

29 responses |               

Started by TimNew - Oct. 9, 2021, 10:58 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/75944/

I recall a time on Market Forum when..            

20 responses |             

Started by TimNew - Oct. 8, 2021, 9:07 p.m.    

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/75939/

More of that Facebook Censorship so many seem to support.            

5 responses |       

Started by TimNew - Oct. 2, 2021, 10:44 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/75680/

By TimNew - Oct. 20, 2021, 11:57 a.m.
Like Reply

You realy make it tough to walk away.    If you are going to debate the points I make,  at least honestly present them.

Your statement "I Oppose most censorship "is  all but meaningless.

That you support any censorship of ideas is flat out wrong and diametrically opposed to my belief, in spite of your need to insist that we are not that far apart.

And you completely ignore the 2nd  point I made regarding government vaccine mandates..  Another point on which I am diametrically opposed.

But my main point is/was that your insistence that we are not that far apart on some of these issues is based on some sort of..  dream?    I can think of other words,   but we'll go with that.

Stop insiting that it is due to some shortcoming on my part that leads to my belief that we are miles apart on these issues, assuming you believe the statements you've made.  I know what I believe and I assume you have accuratly stated your beliefs. 

It's OK to disagree.    Just don't tell me  that we don't disagree when it's quite clear that we do.

By metmike - Oct. 20, 2021, 12:22 p.m.
Like Reply

Yes, we do disagree on vaccine mandates Tim..........but we also disagree on some other issues, like gun control(I think there should be a ban on sales of high powered, rapid fire fire-arms, you think there should be no bans).

We also disagree with how George Floyd died. I think the cop choked him, you think he died from a drug overdose.

But that has nothing to do with censorship or policies at Marketforum

We agree on climate change, the southern border, less taxes,  the vast majority of freedoms/rights, less government, last years protesting/riots, the MSM, most values/ethics, capitalism, abortion, most censorship and much more......... so why dwell on censorship here that was not even censorship?

Gunter's behavior that included posting NOT banned material displayed clinical OCD(totally obsessed with posting the same thing hundreds of times this year that he could not control-so I did)  is what put him in the penalty box to cool off........... for MarketForums best interest as well as his. He was also NOT suspended at all from the trading forum.

But I stated that numerous times already. 

The only reason to respond, is that I added a couple NEW paragraphs with NEW information above to provide more clarity for you on my mindset and policy here and to define things even MORE for you because you claim that I was "poorly defining" my positions.

when you ask for additional defining.........

I'm your guy exactly (-:

Just ask kris. He's loving my extreme defining on La Nina's/climate but it's driving him bonkers on this issue. 

But I'm more than happy to provide  you with what you asked for Tim. 

Did that help you?