More of that Facebook Censorship so many seem to support.
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - Oct. 2, 2021, 10:44 a.m.

But this time, they tangled with John Stossell, and he's suing, and will likely win..  The "Fact Checkers" on Facebook are agenda driven politcal hacks.

Smeared (townhall.com)

I just sued Facebook.

I didn't want to sue. I hate lawsuits. I tried for a year to reach someone at Facebook to fix things, but Facebook wouldn't.

Here's the problem: Facebook uses "independent fact-checkers" to try to reduce fake news on their site.

That's a noble goal.

Unfortunately, at least one Facebook "fact-checker" is a climate-alarmist group that cleverly uses its Facebook connections to stop debate.

Comments
By metmike - Oct. 2, 2021, 9:48 p.m.
Like Reply

Stossel is awesome!

By metmike - Oct. 2, 2021, 10:12 p.m.
Like Reply

John Stossel Sues Facebook, Climate Feedback, for defamation

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2021/09/30/john-stossel-sues-facebook-climate-feedback-for-defamation/

From Stossel: Only one of their reviewers agreed to an interview.

Patrick Brown of San Jose State University didn’t like that my video suggests America can adjust to rising sea levels. He claimed sea levels could rise 200 feet.

“You’re citing an extreme,” I point out. “The [Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change] doesn’t consider that likely.”

“I don’t know if they assess sea level rise out to 1,000 years,” he responds.

They don’t. 

It’s absurd that Facebook lets Climate Feedback censor me over something that might happen in 1,000 years.

Climate Feedback also cited my video for questioning the claim that hurricanes have gotten stronger.

But Brown, Climate Feedback’s own reviewer, said, “That’s wrong that you were criticized for saying that. … The IPCC [doesn’t] claim that [hurricanes] … are increasing.”

Later, Brown told us I was cited for “omission of contextual information, rather than specific ‘facts’ being ‘wrong.’”

So, their “fact-check” wasn’t about actual facts?

Still, they rated my video “partly false,” which Facebook defines as content that “includes some factual inaccuracies.” My video did not contain any factual inaccuracies, and they know it.

Climate Feedback and its parent group, Science Feedback, use Facebook to censor lots of responsible people, such as science writers John Tierney, Michael Shellenberger and Bjorn Lomborg.

Facebook has every right to choose who can use its platform.

But Facebook does not have a legal right to knowingly and recklessly lie about what I say. That’s defamation.

I hope my lawsuit will make them think twice about doing it again—to me or to anyone else. 

John Stossel is author of “Give Me a Break: How I Exposed Hucksters, Cheats, and Scam Artists and Became the Scourge of the Liberal Media.” For other Creators Syndicate writers and cartoonists, visit www.creators.com.

By TimNew - Oct. 3, 2021, 6:55 a.m.
Like Reply

I seldom disagree with Stossell, and when I do, I double check myself.  I wish he'd run for president,  but I guess he's too smart.

By metmike - Oct. 3, 2021, 12:59 p.m.
Like Reply

I would love him even if he didn't see the fake climate crisis.

I am actually for the ulterior motive of the fake climate crisis, which is to help the undeveloped/poor countries and reduce over comsumption of natural resources. 

But hijacking climate science(my field of expertise) and even rewriting climate history.........stealing people's intelligence is a very dishonest way to accomplish it. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Stossel

John Frank Stossel (born March 6, 1947) is an American libertarian television personality, author, consumer journalist, and pundit, known for his career on both ABC News and Fox Business Network.

Stossel's style combines reporting and commentary. It reflects a libertarian political philosophy and views on economics which are largely supportive of the free market.[2] He began his journalism career as a researcher for KGW-TV, was a consumer reporter at WCBS-TV in New York City, and then joined ABC News as a consumer editor and reporter on Good Morning America. Stossel went on to be an ABC News correspondent, joining the weekly news magazine program 20/20, going on to become co-anchor.[3] In October 2009, Stossel left ABC News to join the Fox Business Channel. He hosted a weekly news show on Fox Business, Stossel, from December 2009 to December 2016.

Stossel has received 19 Emmy Awards and five awards from the National Press Club.[4][5] Stossel has written three books: Give Me a Break in 2004, Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity in 2007, and No They Can't! Why Government Fails but Individuals Succeed in 2012.

Stossel has disputed the scientific consensus on climate change[6] and the health risks of second-hand smoke.[7]

By metmike - Oct. 3, 2021, 1:01 p.m.
Like Reply

Climate Reality discussions-new discussion August 2021            

18 responses |       

Started by metmike - April 15, 2019, 4:10 p.m.         

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/27864/