So the Q1:22 GDP showed contraction of -1,4? Who coulda seen that coming.. EVAH???
20 responses | 1 like
Started by TimNew - April 30, 2022, 11:04 p.m.

The first contraction since the early covid scare in the spring of 2020.

How could that beeee?

We have an admin that has lead us from energy indendence to dependence,  helping to  drive oil  price up to record levels.

We have decades high levels of inflation,  aided by ay an admin that has, and wants to spend trillions of dollars that don't exist.  While we're at it,  lets spend a few more billion on those poor students with massive debt who can't make a living with their degrees in womans transexual vaginal studies, All while strangling the energy sector.   Gosh,  does the cost of oil affect anything?  (Small side note:  Our inflation is at least 2-3 points higher than the rest of the world)  April 2021 Inflation: Gas and used car prices are over 20% above their levels last year (usafacts.org)

But we all know that higher prices are a direct result of corporate greed.  That they got greedy right after Biden took office is obviously a vast right wing conspiracy.  Ask Hillary.  She knows and no one is more honest. 

But the contraction in GDP was because of the increased trade deficit,  right?  A fed rising interest rates to combat  supply driven inflation that results in a stronger dollar would have nothing to do with a trade deficit, right? 

I mean,  usually,  an interest rate increase is meant to quell  overheated demand,   but it should work great to increase supply,  right?        This won't lead to stagflation.  No WAY!!!  Carter handled things just as well.

I'm so glad we have the steady hands of Biden,  a man who generally does not appear to know what day it is, at the  helm.  Who else would we want for the demands we face as a nation.  Let's not get into the foreign policy issues.  I'm sure you are all as confident as I on that frontier.

Yeap.  We're seeing the standard dem MO.

1.) Create problems.

2.) Deny the problems exist for as long as possible.

3.) When they can no longer deny the problems, blame something, someone, anything other than themselves.

4.)  Persue hoplessly flawed solutions that only create more problems.

5,)  Return to step 1.

But ya know.   I take a great deal of comfort knowing that I will not be seeing mean tweets.  Things are so much better now  :-)  

If only Musk were not ruining Twitter,  I'd think all was well...  Perfect!!!!

Comments
By TimNew - April 30, 2022, 11:37 p.m.
Like Reply

On Elon Musk taking over Twitter, insisting on free speech...

Liberal heads are expolding.  Literally calling this a  threat to democracy...  

People should not be exposed to unbridled freedom of speech, dammit.

Ya know how you can protect yourself from offensive  speech on Twitter?   Don't follow the person you find offensive.  So, to protect yourself, all you have to do is ....   NOTHING!!

Dems are not worried about being forced to hear things they find offensive,  Ya know,  like facts they don't like.  They are worried about anyone hearing things/facts they don't like.   Kimda like that facism they accuse their opposition of harboring.

Free speech is not a threat to democracy.  It's a threat  to democrats.

I apologize to anyone who feels that a little censorship is good. 

By TimNew - April 30, 2022, 11:52 p.m.
Like Reply

Perish the thought...    But if Trump were president right now,  some thing would be different..  Some would be the same.

1.) He'd say and tweet stupid shyt that would pi$$ a lot of people off.

2.) We'd still be energy indenpendent

3.)  He'd be working real deals that would resolve the suppply chain issues.

4.)  Our inflation would be well below that of the rest of the world.

5.) This is pure speculation,  but I doubt Ukraine would be an issue.

6.) Dems would still be trying to impeach him.

But,  we are not subjected to those mean tweets,  so I guess we're better off. Right?

By metmike - May 1, 2022, 1:26 a.m.
Like Reply

"But,  we are not subjected to those mean tweets,  so I guess we're better off. Right?"

Sure Tim, that was Trumps main flaw.......those mean tweets (-:

Sort of like saying that Charles Manson was a great  guy but he didn't brush his teeth after every meal and it caused him to have bad breath and that's why people didn't like him.

As if all the stuff below didn't really happen because of his deceit and attempts to overturn an authentic election/blatant violation of the Constitution. Much of it is right there in those links as proof, Tim.

As a professed man of the Constitution,  all that stuff, somehow keeps getting conveniently ignored.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/80894/#80938

I follow you on Biden's bad policies ruining the country/personal corruption in the past (Muellers corruption too)but this complete denial of the authentic, many dozens of times proven diabolical behavior by Trump after the election is living in a fantasy world. 

By 7475 - May 1, 2022, 6:41 a.m.
Like Reply

Amen. Brother

By TimNew - May 1, 2022, 7:52 a.m.
Like Reply

MM,  You are soooo bad at analogies,   you really should stop using them.

Trump/Manson?   <Guffaw>

I'll readily acknowledge that Trump was/is a loud mouthed baffoon,  but I have yet to sign on to the leftist character assasination that began the day that Trump looked like a serious candidate.  It's long on rhetoric but short on substance. The latest debacale will continue untill the Pubs take control of the house and Senate next year.   Not because the dems have any usable evidence of crimes,  but because when the pubs drop it and take up a serious investigation of Biden, which is where our energy actually belongs,   they'll call it some sort of partisan witch hunt. Pure stratagic theater, which is generally all the left has.  Their actual results speak loudly for themselves.

The saddest thing of all?  Roughly 50% of the population will nod in gap mouthed approval. 

By joj - May 1, 2022, 8:05 a.m.
Like Reply

I thought the inflation woes started under Trump's drunken sailor spending spree.  He even signed his name to the letter giving me pandemic money.  

If Trump were in office the US would have pulled out of, and essentially disbanded, NATO.  He may not have been Putin's puppet, but he was his useful tool.

Money talks in the USA. Trump is demonstrating that to the world. A barbaric prison sentence awaits you in LA or Texas if you’re black and steal a car. If you’re rich and white and have friends where it counts you can commit tax fraud, embezzle from your charity, extort Ukraine, attempt to throw your political opponent in jail 2 weeks before the presidential election and try to overthrow the government after you LOSE and spend the rest of your life on the golf course,

By mcfarm - May 1, 2022, 10:09 a.m.
Like Reply

Trump would have disbanded nato?  How about Nato would of realized for once the US meant business, they would of stepped up and paid their share, grew  backbone and stopped Russia months ago

on the new ministry of truth pushed thru by Obama. I invite anyone to research this new director. This lady is as batshit crazy as Biden and I challenge anyone to read more about her and report as to how comfortable they are with this monstrosity and her running it

By metmike - May 1, 2022, 11:06 a.m.
Like Reply

"MM,  You are soooo bad at analogies,   you really should stop using them.

Trump/Manson?   <Guffaw>"

Welcome back Tim! Thanks for reminding us of one of your frequent communication tactics of lobbing personal insults and trying to demean people you attack for disagreeing with you when they use facts that you can't debunk.

Sincere suggestion: Don't do that with me because it backfires. Instead of it having the intended affect, it causes me to objectively analyze why YOU do it.

Trump lost fair and square and had/has countless negatives that far outweigh his many positive political agenda positions(which is why he lost).

The part of the republican party that keeps wasting mental and other energy yearning for him and trying to defend/protect him...... instead of honestly acknowledging what he did-yeah it was REALLY bad(so the democrats can keep using it against them/ you) is the only thing holding the republican party back right now. 

Here's another analogy for you, Tim.

If the republicans and democrats were in a speed boat race, they both would have figurative massive anchors, that instead of being pulled on board, to allow their boats to acquire it's maximum potential speed, are hanging outside of the boats acting as drags to slow them down tremendously.

You seem to have a great handle on what the figurative contributors are right now for the democrats anchor.

Guess what(who) the anchor is for the republicans?

And do you think that the democrats want their competition to cut the anchor free?

Of course not. The democrats want you to do exactly what you are doing right now with your Donald Trump political anchor. If you would cut the anchor free..........the R speed boat, which is already in the lead because of the bigger anchor on the D boat, at the moment..........would race to an easy victory.

About the only hope the D boat has is if the R boat keeps the anchor dragging them back.

By WxFollower - May 1, 2022, 12:59 p.m.
Like Reply

1. Referring to “mean tweets” by Trump is a red herring that distracts from something much, much worse: trying to get a fair election unlawfully overturned.

2. By the way, downplaying the “mean tweets” is downplaying the extreme divisiveness that Trump engendered throughout his term. He treated his American political opponents as the most hated enemy on the planet. That represents a large portion of Americans. That’s not how a President strengthens the country. On the contrary, the resulting turmoil has a weakening effect. “United we stand, divided we fall.”

Trump wasn’t even trying to be POTUS. There was nothing uniting about him. To the contrary, he was merely trying to be president of right wingers, period. He pitted them against the rest of the country constantly. From my standpoint, he is easily THE worst POTUS of my lifetime so far. My instincts were correct to not even consider voting for him in 2016. His treatment of even his GOP opponents was juvenile and told me a lot. "Little Marco"?? "Jebra"?? "Lyin' Ted" is quite ironic considering Trump is a constant liar and is still teling the worst lie of all, that he won the 2020 election.

3. I voted GOP in the general election for POTUS from Reagan’s 2nd run through Romney (2012). I haven’t voted GOP for POTUS since and  wonder when I will again. If the 2024 GOP candidate is Trump or another very divisive and hate-filled person like DeSantis, it would very likely be 2028 for the soonest I’d consider going GOP for POTUS. Consider that there are many independents like me with similar thinking.

If true conservatives like Liz Cheney or Adam Kinzinger, or a moderate like Mitt Romney were to run and win the GOP nomination, he or she would likely get my vote.

There’s absolutely nothing conservative about someone trying to severely disrupt the country like Trump has done.

4. By the way, much of the inflation has little or nothing to do with Biden. Keep in mind that it got started by late spring and summer of 2020 (during Trump) and has largely been related to COVID factors. Regarding crude oil, that is largely a world market as Brent crude moves similarly. And the US is headed back to record high production by next year. NG is already back to near record high production and is expected to reach a new record year this year. But even if I were to mistakenly assume it was largely or even all due to Biden and even acknowledging that he has suffered from significant cognitive decline vs his peak (though I still don’t see evidence that he’s actually “senile” yet), I’d much rather have him as POTUS than Trump. It isn’t even close.

By metmike - May 1, 2022, 3:29 p.m.
Like Reply

Very eloquently stated Larry!

By mcfarm - May 1, 2022, 5:31 p.m.
Like Reply

yes Larry, eloquent, especially the non biased untrure, defamatory part about DeSantis being hate filled and divisive. That statement right there is only heard from the far left crazy's who are afraid to death of a DeSantis run for President. Throwing around terms like that only go to show how scared they are and how low they are willing to go. Those terms can be saved for Trump or Obama if you please but hardly characterize the next President.

You want hate filled and divisive? Try getting your brain around this new ministry of truth being pushed by obama'biden/harris/Pelosi/etc

By metmike - May 1, 2022, 6:47 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarm,

I used to like DeSantis but then I watched him morph into (or amplify) an anti COVID vaxx, anti science(on other issues), homophobic divisive, man the last year that I got to know him better.

Maybe he was always like this and I didn't follow? That could be it.

The intense, confrontational and hateful, my way or the highway attacking of things that he is against(even when wrong) is a big turn off for me.

I'm wondering if he's adopted that personality/trait more because Trump loyalists loved Trump so much for being this way and  treated others like crap. 

Is this an adjustment in preparing for his run for the White House in 2024?

I said  here right after Trump lost that I would vote for him in 2024. 

Now, I sure hope the republicans can do better than this with somebody much less hateful and much more willing to bring our country together, not tear it apart even more. 

What is going on in this guys head, with the decision to attack/punish Disney?

DeSantis tests limits of his combative style in Disney feud

https://www.news4jax.com/business/2022/04/24/desantis-tests-limits-of-his-combative-style-in-disney-feud/

metmike: Some of his anti vax stuff is blatant anti science imposed entirely for political agenda!

Ron DeSantis Goes All In on Vaccine Skepticism          

No more playing coy.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/10/ron-desantis-goes-all-in-on-vaccine-skepticism.html

DeSantis didn’t tell the full story about evidence for the FDA’s move on monoclonal antibody treatments

The now-limited monoclonal antibody treatments are not lifesaving, nor are they effective against omicron.

https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2022/florida-governor-ron-desantis-monoclonal-antibody-covid-treatment/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

metmike: I was strongly in his corner until less than a year ago but have shifted after observing him much more closely during the most recent time frame.

60 minutes busted targeting Republican governor             

6 responses |               

Started by metmike - April 5, 2021, 7:09 p.m.            

By mcfarm - May 2, 2022, 7:34 a.m.
Like Reply

MM talks of captured minds all the time. Well this Desantis thing is incredibly easy. He is a conservative. And what does that mean. Well to big media he is divisive, evil,anti everything, beats dogs, starves old people, kicks illegals. But gee if he were just a liberal. Well hell that guy is a rebel, a fighter for good,. Gives money to all, feeds the homeless, settles all problems with his great oratory. Smart, good looking {no matter how not true that is of course} And millions of Americans fall for that crap. DeSantis is wonderful civil servant who wants us to follow our laws, pay our bills, and stay out of other peoples lives.

By metmike - May 2, 2022, 12:15 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks mcfarm!

I'll try to keep an open mind.

He seems to have some great policies but also some clear anti LGBT and anti COVID vaxx agenda that suggests he is posturing for a presidential election run in a way that's affecting his fairness and interpretations of science.

You consider this an attribute  that he fights for those things because they are also your positions.

I suspect that he knows there are tens of millions of other republicans in the US that are like you and it may be affecting his actions to fight for those things.

Still a long way to go. 

By metmike - May 2, 2022, 12:33 p.m.
Like Reply

Ron DeSantis Most Popular GOP Option if Trump Doesn't Run in 2024: Poll

https://www.newsweek.com/ron-desantis-donald-trump-republican-primary-2024-poll-1691994

In the survey conducted by McLaughlin & Associates, 26 percent of respondents said that they would vote for DeSantis in the Republican primary if Trump was not an option. Donald Trump Jr. received 16 percent of the vote and former Vice President Mike Pence received 15 percent.

When Donald Trump is included as a potential candidate, 55 percent of respondents indicated they would vote for the former president. DeSantis came in second place with 15 percent.

metmike: Pence is my strong preference at this point.

He has distanced himself enough from Trump but not done anything personally to alienate Trump supporters and at the same time, is one of the least abrasive/combative political leaders out there, that I think actually has the personality to bring the country together.

He's an eloquent speaker, with solid agenda and a very sharp mind and great leader..

There are some specific issues that I disagree strongly with him on but that's me.

I have a belief system that incorporates agenda from both sides and strongly oppose  some agenda from both sides..........so there is NOBODY, not 1 politician in existence that represents my sincere belief system.

Most democrats and republicans just line up with everything their party represents, like it's a religion.

Pence is about as good as its going to get for me, I think.

What about you Larry?

Your views seem to be extremely close to mine.

By WxFollower - May 2, 2022, 1:05 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike,

I’m certainly open as of now to possibly voting for Pence depending on what he campaigns on. I like his calm demeanor and emphasis on civility as this article shows:

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/414868-pence-calls-for-increased-civility/

By metmike - May 2, 2022, 2 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks!

Agree on his calm demeanor, which is his biggest plus.

Always thought that it would have been ironic, if they'd managed to impeach Trump, that it would have cost the D's the White House in 2020 because Pence running instead could have been a big win for the R's.

The R's would have strongly unified and come out in droves because of what the D's did to Trump and the ballot would have looked like this:

1. NOT Donald Trump-D

2. NOT Donald Trump-R (but if you liked Trump, he's your man)

With regards to Pence's personality, one can say he has the ANTI-Trump personality. Could be that they picked him for VP because of that.

I'm sure there will be numerous millions that are NEVER Trump OR his VP.

By TimNew - May 3, 2022, 11:45 a.m.
Like Reply

My observations of your terrible use of analogies is an observation backed up by your analogies,  but that's really not the point of this discussion.

The US is broken, severley.   

I have sincere doubts that the last election was "fair and square".

Regardless, what the Jan 6th commission has become is just one more example of how broken this country has become.

The Jan 6th riots were illegal.  Whether it was an insurrection is a matter of semantics.

Questioning the results of the election is definitely not an insurection.

Protesting the election peacefully is not an insurection.

Discussing constitutional points on how the election results can be legally over turned is not an insurection.

But I have watched as the Jan 6th "committee" has attempted to morph the definition of insurection to include all of these things.

That this proceeding continues is just one more example of how broken this country is.

By TimNew - May 3, 2022, 11:56 a.m.
Like Reply

I thought the inflation woes started under Trump's drunken sailor spending spree.  He even signed his name to the letter giving me pandemic money.  

JOJ, the massive stimulus under Trump certainly may have contributed, but we did not see numbers like we are seeing now.

At the time, during Trump, I said several times that the only stimulus we need is/was to reopen for business.

The thing about inflation.. Its not a problem till its a problem. And now its a problem

I think the most significant catalyst is energy.  Tied for a close second is the supply chain woes.  After that is the massive stimulus.  Further stimulus will only add fuel to the flames.

My main concern at this point, as I near my returement objectives..    Will anything but a recession get this back under control.   I really have my doubts.     But more stimulus is definitly not the answer.

By metmike - May 3, 2022, 12:14 p.m.
Like Reply

As I've been saying continuing to battle on the Insurrection is providing the left with the reason/ammo to keep going on.

If you would just stop fighting/defending on this and your position on the 2020 election and move forward..........you would give the left nothing to work with. 

Focus on the here and now and realities of the massive failures of the Biden administraion not the legit, lost election and the criminal activity that resulted from it over a year ago. 

The D's know dang well they have the advantage on those issues. Why engage, playing THEIR game, using THEIR rules when it will ALWAYS be a LOSS?

Let it go and do yourself and your party a favor.

Who were the Jan 6th rioters?            

Started by joj - Feb. 15, 2022, 9:35 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/81839/

Trump Admits He Wanted Pence to Overturn the Election             

22 responses |              

Started by metmike - Jan. 31, 2022, 7:23 p.m. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/81146/

look.....new info on Jan 6th                        

23 responses |        

Started by mcfarm - Feb. 13, 2022, 10:27 a.m.     

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/81734/

Since you love my analogies so much, here's another one for you.

Let's say the D's were professional baseball players from MLB and the R's were professional football players from the NFL, all of them gifted athletes but applying that in sports that they are best at. 

There was going to be a poll in November for sports enthusiasts to vote on which sport has the best athletes. The D's, knowing that the R's(in football) are much faster and stronger, decided that in order to offset that, they would challenge the R's to play baseball, where they have the advantage because it requires unique skills that require more than strength and speed. 

That's what they are doing with the 2020 election and the Insurrection. They are kicking your arse because you are taking the bait and trying to go toe to toe with them in an area that they have a huge, legit advantage on and always will have that advantage.

Play football or go to a neutral site and stop playing baseball, trying to beat MLB players.

Engaging with them on their home field, playing their game is giving them a big fat W each and every time.