COVID long term damage
15 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Aug. 30, 2021, 12:34 p.m.

We hear that there is risk of long term COVID vaccine damage..........though authentic science tells us any effects would be within the first few weeks. 

Lack of understanding of how the vaccine actually works and bad sources trying to manipulate peoples minds is the highest risk.............which causes them to believe that and other fake vaccine news. 

However, we know now with absolute certainty that the real long term risk of permanent damage comes from actually getting COVID............which is NOT just a bad case of the flu as some believe. 

Recovering from COVID, for some people is never complete and they are messed up for the rest of their lives in a big way.

That happens to NOBODY getting vaccinated. 

COVID-19 (coronavirus): Long-term effects

COVID-19 symptoms can sometimes persist for months. The virus can damage the lungs, heart and brain, which increases the risk of long-term health problems.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-long-term-effects/art-20490351

COVID-19 (coronavirus): Long-term effects - Mayo Clinic
We are open for safe in-person care. Learn more: Mayo Clinic facts about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) Our COVID-19 patient and visitor guidelines, plus trusted health information Latest on COVID-19 vaccination by site: Arizona patient vaccination updates Arizona, Florida patient vaccination updates Florida, Rochester patient vaccination updates Rochester and Mayo Clinic Health System ...
www.mayoclinic.org

These people sometimes describe themselves as "long haulers" and the conditions have been called post-COVID-19 syndrome or "long COVID-19." These health issues are sometimes called post-COVID-19 conditions. They're generally considered to be effects of COVID-19 that persist for more than four weeks after you've been diagnosed with the COVID-19 virus.

Older people and people with many serious medical conditions are the most likely to experience lingering COVID-19 symptoms, but even young, otherwise healthy people can feel unwell for weeks to months after infection. Common signs and symptoms that linger over time include:

• Fatigue
  • Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
  • Cough
  • Joint pain
  • Chest pain
  • Memory, concentration or sleep problems
  • Muscle pain or headache
  • Fast or pounding heartbeat
  • Loss of smell or taste
  • Depression or anxiety
  • Fever
  • Dizziness when you stand
  • Worsened symptoms after physical or mental activities
Comments
By hayman - Aug. 30, 2021, 12:41 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - Aug. 30, 2021, 12:44 p.m.
Like Reply

metmike: This is peer reviewed and very reliable!

Published:

More than 50 long-term effects of COVID-19: a systematic review and meta-analysis

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-95565-8

figure2

metmike: Of course the most serious long term effect is............DEATH!

By metmike - Aug. 30, 2021, 12:54 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks hayman!
Just another great reason to get vaccinated. The more people infected with COVID, especially severe cases from not being vaccinated, that infect other people, the more opportunities for COVID to mutate.

It's going to be with us, maybe forever. 

Getting vaccinated does not protect you from getting COVID, it just massively reduces your chance of having severe symptoms and dying. 

Some vaccinated people will still get COVID(at a much lower rate) and they CAN be contagious and even be SUPER spreaders. 

By metmike - Aug. 30, 2021, 1 p.m.
Like Reply

Study: Vaccinated people can carry as much virus as others

https://apnews.com/article/science-health-coronavirus-pandemic-d9504519a8ae081f785ca012b5ef84d1

Fully vaccinated people who get a Covid-19 breakthrough infection can transmit the virus, CDC chief says

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/05/health/us-coronavirus-thursday/index.html

By mcfarm - Aug. 30, 2021, 3:45 p.m.
Like Reply

this sentence needs to added to make the case. Children are rarely affected and seems do not pass the virus to adults there fore the affects of the cure {masks and jabs} could be worse for kids than covid. Not to mention parents are to make the decision for kids absolutely no one else. Gov officials, school officals, appointed covid czars, even the "most respected virologist" we keep hearing is not to make the decision on our kids and covid. 

By metmike - Aug. 30, 2021, 4:23 p.m.
Like Reply

this sentence needs to added to make the case. Children are rarely affected and seems do not pass the virus to adults there fore the affects of the cure {masks and jabs} could be worse for kids than covid. Not to mention parents are to make the decision for kids absolutely no one else. Gov officials, school officals, appointed covid czars, even the "most respected virologist" we keep hearing is not to make the decision on our kids and covid. 

mcfarm,

Where the heck did you get that masks and jabs are worse for children than COVID?

For sure child deaths from COVID are rare, as our child deaths from vaccines but how many kids have you heard of, ended up in a hospital because of the vaccine or even more absurdly, how many kids ended up in a hospital because of wearing a mask?

I actually agree on the almost worthless cloth masks because the N95 masks are the only ones that really work. Can you imagine what would happen if they made N95 masks mandatory?  I'm not supporting that, just supporting the truth about masks and encourage people to wear N95 masks. This would, at least give those wanting protection............protection.

Children and COVID-19: State-Level Data Report

https://www.aap.org/en/pages/2019-novel-coronavirus-covid-19-infections/children-and-covid-19-state-level-data-report/

Summary of Findings (data available as of 8/26/21) :

Cumulative Number of Child COVID-19 Cases*

• 4,797,683 total child COVID-19 cases reported, and children represented 14.8% (4,797,683/32,417,814) of all cases
  • Overall rate: 6,374 cases per 100,000 children in the population

Change in Child COVID-19 Cases*

• 203,962 child COVID-19 cases were reported the past week from 8/19/21-8/26/21 (4,593,721 to 4,797,683) and children represented 22.4% (203,962/910,826) of the weekly reported cases
  • Over two weeks, 8/12/21-8/26/21, there was a 9% increase in the cumulated number of child COVID-19 cases (384,137 cases added (4,413,547 to 4,797,683))

Testing (11 states reported)*^

• Among states reporting, children made up between 10.9%-20.8% of total cumulated state tests, and between 4.8%-17.6% of children tested were tested positive

Hospitalizations (24 states and NYC reported)*

• Among states reporting, children made up between 10.9%-20.8% of total cumulated state tests, and between 4.8%-17.6% of children tested were tested positive
By metmike - Aug. 30, 2021, 4:26 p.m.
Like Reply

If using a mask, wear one that actually works N95!!

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/73326/

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/72775/#72921

Get N95 masks ASAP!            

18 responses |   

Started by metmike - Dec. 21, 2020, 7:27 p.m.       

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/63115/

By metmike - Aug. 30, 2021, 7:33 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarm,

You still haven't responded to the question of what source is telling you, that you are repeating here...... that masks are worse than getting COVID for children? Or that children aren't contagious?

This is totally wrong. Source please.

COVID in children, is going higher at the fastest rate of increase right now compared to any other age group. It's true that COVID is rarely fatal in children. 

Children and COVID-19:
State Data Report  A joint report from the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Children’s Hospital Association
Summary of publicly reported data from 49 states, NYC, DC, PR, and GU
Version: 8/19/21

https://downloads.aap.org/AAP/PDF/AAP%20and%20CHA%20-%20Children%20and%20COVID-19%20State%20Data%20Report%208.19%20FINAL.pdf

By metmike - Aug. 30, 2021, 7:37 p.m.
Like Reply

From Forbes:

Coronavirus|

Babies And Toddlers Are Highly Contagious For Covid-19

https://www.forbes.com/sites/williamhaseltine/2021/08/24/babies-and-toddlers-are-highly-contagious-for-covid-19/?sh=7c6899853e89

A new studyby Public Health Ontario, published in JAMA Pediatrics finds that infants and toddlers (0-3 years) are less likely to bring SARS-CoV-2 into the home but are more likely to transmit SARS-CoV-2 compared with older children (14-17 years). This study reinforces the urgent need to protect children and those they live with as they return in person to schools, and prevent further transmission in the home. 

During the early stages of the pandemic, many public health officials claimed that children were not at risk from infection or transmitted the virus. With a total of 180,175 pediatric Covid-19 cases were reported from August 12 to 19 and children representing 22.4% of overall reported cases, this has clearly been proven wrong.   

“I think they were biased by the fact that children were sequestered at home,”  Dr. Tina V. Hartert, a respiratory epidemiologist at Vanderbilt University told the New York Times, who was not involved in the new study. “They were recommended not even to play with neighbors, they didn’t go to school, they didn’t go to day care”    

By mcfarm - Aug. 30, 2021, 7:41 p.m.
Like Reply

heard many health officials say yes the n95 is best but but ,,,,,,,,no one can bare to wear the damn thing for more than a few hours....some older people cannot wear it for many minutes if they already have a breathing issue

By mcfarm - Aug. 30, 2021, 7:44 p.m.
Like Reply

don't think I said children were not contagious. I believe I have more than once read that they rarely show symptoms and even more rarely give it to adults and no I cannot footnote that right now....if its wrong I am sorry so correct me and I will read more bout it from you

By metmike - Aug. 30, 2021, 10:29 p.m.
Like Reply

" don't think I said children were not contagious. I believe I have more than once read that they rarely show symptoms and even more rarely give it to adults"

metmike: You said it here, then I repeated you saying it in the very next post:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/74404/#74419

By mcfarm - Aug. 30, 2021, 3:45 p.m.            

"Children are rarely affected and seems do not pass the virus to adults"

metmike: You apparently did not read the links above that corrected that already but here goes a 2nd time. You'll probably just go to your sources, read the opposite and forget the correction:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/74404/#74432

Not sure why people would even think that children are not contagious, other than getting bad info from low credibility sources.

I note that you could not give me your sources.

Here's more for you so that it will take longer for the bad sources to RE-brainwash you.

Science Brief: Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in K-12 Schools and Early Care and Education Programs – Updated

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/transmission_k_12_schools.html

COVID-19 among children and adolescents

Children and adolescents can be infected with SARS-CoV-2, can get sick with COVID-19, and can spread the virus to others.9-15  In the United States through March 2021, the estimated cumulative rates of SARS-CoV-2 infection and COVID-19 symptomatic illness in children ages 5-17 years were comparable to infection and symptomatic illness rates in adults ages 18-49 and higher than rates in adults ages 50 and older.16  Estimated cumulative rates of infection and symptomatic illness in children ages 0-4 years are roughly half of those in children ages 5-17 years, but are comparable to those in adults ages 65 years or older.  These cumulative rates were estimated from CDC models that account for under-detection among reported cases.17

Several studies conducted early during the COVID-19 pandemic suggested that the incidence rate among children and adolescents was lower than among adults.9, 10, 18-23  However, the lower incidence rates may have been due in part to children, when compared to adults, having fewer opportunities for exposure (due to school, daycare, and activity closures) and a lower probability of being tested.17  Studies that have systematically tested children and adolescents, irrespective of symptoms, for acute SARS-CoV-2 infection (using antigen or RT-PCR assays) or prior infection (through antibody testing) have found their rates of infection can be comparable, and in some settings higher, than in adults.12, 15, 24-29

Children and adolescents can also transmit SARS-CoV-2 infection to others.  Early during the COVID-19 pandemic, children were not commonly identified as index cases in household or other clusters9, 10 largely because schools and extracurricular activities around the world were closed or no longer held in-person.  However, outbreaks among adolescents attending camps, sports events, and schools have demonstrated that adolescents can transmit SARS-CoV-2 to others.11, 14, 30  Furthermore, transmission studies that have examined secondary infection risk from children and adolescents to household contacts who are rapidly, frequently, and systematically tested demonstrate that transmission does occur.29, 31

Compared with adults, children and adolescents who are infected with SARS-CoV-2 are more commonly asymptomatic (never develop symptoms) or have mild, non-specific symptoms (e.g. headache, sore throat).32-36  Similar to adults with SARS-CoV-2 infections, children and adolescents can spread SARS-CoV-2 to others when they do not have symptoms or have mild, non-specific symptoms and thus might not know that they are infected and infectious. Children are less likely to develop severe illness or die from COVID-19.23, 37-39  Nonetheless, 271 COVID-19 deaths among persons ages 5-17 years and 120 deaths among those 0-4 years have been reported to the National Center for Health Statistics through July 7, 2021.8

By GunterK - Aug. 30, 2021, 10:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Thank you, hayman, for publishing this story

I am replying, because in June, I posted the June-version of this very same study, published by the same agency

Focusing on the Delta, the June study showed a much larger discrepancy between vaxxed hospital cases and unvaxxed ones.This new study shows that the gap has narrowed…with 163,329 vaxxed vs 183,133 unvaxxed. Maybe, this has to do with vaxxed people now being infected more frequently, as a result of the greatly reduced vaxx efficacy.

As in June, this study includes an interesting look at Deaths caused by the Delta.

When a person enters the hospital with a severe case of Delta, what are the odds of him/her losing their life?

Unvaxxed:390/183,133 = 0.21%

Vaxxed persons in all stages of vaccination:783/163,639 =0.48%

If you focus on fully vaxxed people only: 679/73,372 = 0.93%

Different numbers than in June, but showing the same trend.

I assume I did the numbers right.. I don’t mind being corrected..

By mcfarm - Aug. 31, 2021, 7:19 a.m.
Like Reply

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-in-babies-and-children/art-20484405

here is an example. seems often times the bottom line is "its not clear yet" as in this article....but right after that statement Fauci and Co will be right there mandating and ordering and changing their story like the wind blows. Its no wonder the US population is behaving like they lost about 25  intelligence points since covid began.

By metmike - Aug. 31, 2021, 1:03 p.m.
Like Reply

Great post mcfarm!!