Putin on Greta Thunberg
10 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - Oct. 2, 2019, 12:27 p.m.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/putin-shames-greta-thunberg-and-her-handlers-over-environmental-agenda

Go, Mr. Putin !

I watched Greta address various government bodies. She always reads from a script. One time, it was time for reporters to ask her questions. She couldn't answer any of them

Who are her handlers? Who writes her scripts? As it turns out, she is handled and financed by a group called ONE, founded by none other than Mr. Soros. Now, things are falling into place.

Comments
By metmike - Oct. 2, 2019, 11:22 p.m.
Like Reply

Gunter,

I am grateful that Greta reveals how anti scientific, extreme and desperate that one side has become but sad for her.

The ones putting on this charade couldn't have made it more clear that they take their targets for absolute, naive, ignorant fools and the contrast between them and people like me could not have been made bigger. 

You will note, on this topic here that I provide alot of data, lots and lots and lots of data, graphs, authentic science. Way more than most have the time to analyze or read over. Some of it may be a bit more scientific or complicated to understand than what you will get from most sources.

But my assumption is that, I respect the readers intelligence enough so that I believe many can understand ALL of it and everyone is capable of understanding almost off of it........if they want to. 

So I am treating everyone reading here as intelligent adults...........no tricks or made up/fake stuff or attempts to persuade using children/emotions, no dishonesty, not disingenuous(with sincere, altruistic motivation to pass on the truth  and educate/enlighten/enrich knowledge in minds because it benefits those that are my targets-everybody).  I gain nothing personally except knowing I am generously sharing  a source of powerful information that very few people have access to..........at the same time, a venue like this to share it. 

But then you take this charade involving Greta that represents everything I am against. 

First off, they are trying to trick people using an intelligence insulting scheme and 16 year old child.  Since she spoke before  Congress.......and the United Nations, it goes to show you that our government leaders think of people as nimrods that are easy to manipulate using ridiculous ploys/marketing schemes. 

Secondly, I have been chess coach to 3,000 children during the past 24 years. Actions that show that I enrich the minds of young adults with actions in the real world.

I coached youth sports, taught religious education and have been an adult leader in Boy Scouts for 20 years. 

The other side? They poison the minds of our youth with junk science. They are scaring the crap out of them, convincing them that they will have no future because the climate crisis is destroying the planet........in the midst of a climate OPTIMUM and the best weather/climate in the last 1,000 years as well as having rescued the planet from dangerously low levels of the beneficial gas, CO2.

With Greta, they show how low they will go. This is blatant child abuse and extreme progressive activist adults using a child for their bogus political agenda. 

She could be enjoying a normal childhood back home in Sweden.  Going to school, hanging out with friends, maybe even playing chess in a chess club like the ones that I coach at 5 schools right now.

Certainly, getting a well rounded education that included authentic science.

Instead, look what they turned her into. Maybe those caught up in the climate religious cult, see her, as a high priest and somebody to look up too. 

Since I know the truth ............what a waste of a childs life to do great harm to people getting her fraudulent message. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/39525/

By metmike - Oct. 4, 2019, 3:39 p.m.
Like Reply

Whoever thought that Putin would be lecturing US democrats in congress and the United Nations on child abuse. Wow..........and he's exactly right.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/10/04/putin-dismisses-climate-messiah-greta-thunberg-poorly-informed-teenager/

From Putin:

“I may disappoint you but I do not share everyone’s enthusiasm about Greta Thunberg’s speech [to the UN]. You know, the fact that young people, teenagers pay attention to the acute problems of the modern world, including ecology. That is right and very good. We need to support them. But when somebody uses children and teenagers in their own interests it deserves to be condemned."

Nobody explained to Greta that the modern world is complicated, and complex, and it changes fast. People in Africa and in many Asian countries want to be as wealthy as people in Sweden. How can it be done? By making them use solar energy which is plentiful in Africa? Has anyone explained the cost of it?”

metmike: The first comment at the link above has a creative death metal music video(that actually is funny) that I choose not to provide the link to because of my feelings that this child has been abused enough.

By metmike - Oct. 5, 2019, 1:21 p.m.
Like Reply

Climate Crusader Greta Thunberg Tipped to Win Nobel Peace Prize

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/10/05/climate-crusader-greta-thunberg-tipped-to-win-nobel-peace-prize/

metmike: Wouldn't surprise me a bit.  Al Gore and the IPCC got the Nobel Peace Prize in 2007 for telling us about all the horrible things that didn't happen since then........including the plight of the polar bears, who's population has increased since then on this greening planet during this climate optimum.

In 2007, because the Arctic sea ice was melting, their marketing scheme  to sell the science snake oil was to use the polar bear as the climate crisis mascot!

State of the Polar Bear Report 2018: Polar bears continue to thrive

https://polarbearscience.com/2019/02/

And fossil fuel use has only increased faster.

On to the next "save the planet" marketing scheme. Since the polar bears refused to cooperate last time(instead of dying they flourished),  they are using(abusing) a child and children.

Take a child/Greta (and commit child abuse)....having her memorize a bunch of anti science, complete lies about our greening planet as we continue with the best weather and climate in the last 1,000 years.........have  the democrats and United Nations put her up on a pedastal and make her a key speaker and  the new high priest in the climate crisis cult.

Then, pretend that she is saving the planet, just like Al Gore/IPCC didn't do in 2007 by awarding her the Nobel Peace Prize.

That was 12 years ago and we DID save the planet since then.

By completely ignoring what they told us had to be done about CO2.

Carbon Dioxide Fertilization Greening Earth, Study Finds

From a quarter to half of Earth’s vegetated lands has shown significant greening over the last 35 years largely due to rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide, according to a new study published in the journal Nature Climate Change on April 25.

An international team of 32 authors from 24 institutions in eight countries led the effort, which involved using satellite data from NASA’s Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectrometer and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer instruments to help determine the leaf area index, or amount of leaf cover, over the planet’s vegetated regions. The greening represents an increase in leaves on plants and trees equivalent in area to two times the continental United States.

globe of Earth from North Pole perspectiveThis image shows the change in leaf area across the globe from 1982-2015.

By metmike - Oct. 5, 2019, 1:25 p.m.
Like Reply

They've been feeding us this bs for 30 years now and have been wrong for 30 years.

U.N. Predicts Disaster if Global Warming Not Checked

PETER JAMES SPIELMANN June 29, 1989

UNITED NATIONS (AP) _ A senior U.N. environmental official says entire nations could be wiped off the face of the Earth by rising sea levels if the global warming trend is not reversed by the year 2000. 

Coastal flooding and crop failures would create an exodus of ″eco- refugees,′ ′ threatening political chaos, said Noel Brown, director of the New York office of the U.N. Environment Program, or UNEP. 

He said governments have a 10-year window of opportunity to solve the greenhouse effect before it goes beyond human control. 

As the warming melts polar icecaps, ocean levels will rise by up to three feet, enough to cover the Maldives and other flat island nations, Brown told The Associated Press in an interview on Wednesday. 

Coastal regions will be inundated; one-sixth of Bangladesh could be flooded, displacing a fourth of its 90 million people. A fifth of Egypt’s arable land in the Nile Delta would be flooded, cutting off its food supply, according to a joint UNEP and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency study. 

″Ecological refugees will become a major concern, and what’s worse is you may find that people can move to drier ground, but the soils and the natural resources may not support life. Africa doesn’t have to worry about land, but would you want to live in the Sahara?″ he said. 

UNEP estimates it would cost the United States at least $100 billion to protect its east coast alone. 

Shifting climate patterns would bring back 1930s Dust Bowl conditions to Canadian and U.S. wheatlands, while the Soviet Union could reap bumper crops if it adapts its agriculture in time, according to a study by UNEP and the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis. 

Excess carbon dioxide is pouring into the atmosphere because of humanity’s use of fossil fuels and burning of rain forests, the study says. The atmosphere is retaining more heat than it radiates, much like a greenhouse. 

The most conservative scientific estimate that the Earth’s temperature will rise 1 to 7 degrees in the next 30 years, said Brown. 

The difference may seem slight, he said, but the planet is only 9 degrees warmer now than during the 8,000-year Ice Age that ended 10,000 years ago. 

Brown said if the warming trend continues, ″the question is will we be able to reverse the process in time? We say that within the next 10 years, given the present loads that the atmosphere has to bear, we have an opportunity to start the stabilizing process.″ 

He said even the most conservative scientists ″already tell us there’s nothing we can do now to stop a ... change″ of about 3 degrees. 

″Anything beyond that, and we have to start thinking about the significant rise of the sea levels ... we can expect more ferocious storms, hurricanes, wind shear, dust erosion.″ 

He said there is time to act, but there is no time to waste. 

UNEP is working toward forming a scientific plan of action by the end of 1990, and the adoption of a global climate treaty by 1992. In May, delegates from 103 nations met in Nairobi, Kenya - where UNEP is based - and decided to open negotiations on the treaty next year. 

Nations will be asked to reduce the use of fossil fuels, cut the emission of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases such as methane and fluorocarbons

By metmike - Oct. 5, 2019, 1:30 p.m.
Like Reply

This is my favorite prediction by them in 1989:

"Shifting climate patterns would bring back 1930s Dust Bowl conditions"

Let's see how close their prediction came.

Let's go back to the 1930's in the USA for an extreme version of the OLD climate and what they claimed was going to return:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/10/14/nasa-study-finds-1934-had-worst-drought-of-last-thousand-years/

The map below is the drought index in 1934. This was one of the worst times during a drought that lasted for much of that decade. It was not permanent climate change and more of a freak weather phenomena. Human's poor farming strategies in those days did make things worse but today's climate change makes a drought lasting that long much LESS likely to happen.

Can you imagine if we had this going on today? This is what they claimed would happen.

Brown colors of the PDSI indicate strong drought conditions across the U.S., in summer of 1934.

It would absolutely be seen as the affects of human caused climate change............and I do believe there has been man made climate change, which is why the Cornbelt and your crops have been treated to the longest stretch of drought free conditions in recorded history.

Only 1 major, widespread drought in the Cornbelt from 1988 to 2019(2012).......over 3 decades, when the average historically was over 1/decade(if you throw out the 1930's as an aberration.

Instead of having the average 3 major droughts in the Cornbelt over the last 30 years, during (so called catastrophic) human caused climate change, there has only been 1.........along with the increasing CO2 causing yields to go up 25% from atmospheric fertilization because of the proven law of photosynthesis.

The exact opposite happened vs what they said would happen.

Here's what temperatures were like during the Dust Bowl 1930's  with regards to heat waves. Compare that to recent heat waves on the graph below. 

• Line graph showing values of the U.S. Heat Wave Index for each year from 1895 to 2015.

By metmike - Oct. 5, 2019, 1:32 p.m.
Like Reply

Let's look at soybean  and corn yields below(they were supposed to plunge because of the adversity of hot/dry weather.

Picture is worth 1,000 words:

https://www.nass.usda.gov/Charts_and_Maps/Field_Crops/soyyld.php

Soybeans: Yield by Year, US

There obviously are other contributing factors with genetics and farming technology (+75%) but the +CO2 and weather(+25%) have been a big plus.

With Corn, it's a different picture because of the  introduction of nitrogen fertilizer causing corn yields to triple real fast and not as much to do with CO2 or weather during that initial tripling. However, recent decades have featured a steady increase, along with a steady increase in CO2 and beneficial weather.

http://crazyeddiethemotie.blogspot.com/2014/10/corn-questions-from-food-inc-worksheet.html

By metmike - Oct. 11, 2019, 12:17 p.m.
Like Reply

Greta Thunberg Snubbed for Nobel Peace Prize by Committee Run by Norway, One of the World's Biggest Oil and Natural Gas Exporters

https://www.newsweek.com/greta-thunberg-snubbed-nobel-peace-prize-norway-natural-gas-exporter-1464587?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=NewsweekTwitter

"Over the last year, she has (among other things) led a Global Climate Strike spanning 150 countries, graced the cover of Time Magazine as a 'Next Generation Leader' and sailed across the Atlantic Ocean in a yacht to speak to lawmakers in Washington and New York."

Previous links with Greta:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/39525/

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/40665/

1`. Now they(you can count on Newsweek and Time to be all in on it too) are trying to frame this to mean she got robbed of her deserving Nobel Peace Prize  because the evil fossil fuel industry intervened.  What makes this comical is that the extremely liberal committee had awarded fraudulent, Al Gore the Nobel Peace Prize in 2007 for making junk science more popular than climate science. 

2. In 2007, we all remember Gore, successfully using the threatened  polar bear as the global warming mascot. However, in the following decade, polar bear numbers increased with decreasing ice, falsifying his insistence that it would be the opposite. Out with the polar bear, in with a new snake oil scheme to sell the fake crisis.......Hello Greta!

Maybe, instead of the evil gas and oil companies somehow having an influence on the Nobel Peace prize for the first time in history.......the committee got burned so bad with Gore's failed predictions  and a few of the members resorted to critical thinking related to how ludicrous this new scheme is....they didn't want to be embarrassed.

By metmike - Nov. 1, 2019, 12:49 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - Nov. 1, 2019, 7:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Epidemic of Kids Treated for ‘Eco-Anxiety’ over Climate Change

https://www.breitbart.com/environment/2019/09/17/epidemic-of-kids-treated-for-eco-anxiety-over-climate-change/

A growing number of children are being treated for an overwhelming terror of “environmental doom” as climate alarmists spread fears of an impending climate disaster, the Daily Telegraph has reported.

“Protests by groups such as Extinction Rebellion, the recent fires in the Amazon and apocalyptic warnings by the teenage activist Greta Thunberg have prompted a ‘tsunami’ of young people seeking help,” the Telegraph’s science correspondent reported Monday.

“A lot of parents are coming into therapy asking for help with the children and it has escalated a lot this summer,” said psychotherapist Caroline Hickman of the Climate Psychology Alliance (CPA).

“The symptoms are the same [as clinical anxiety], the feelings are the same, but the cause is different,” she said. “The fear is of environmental doom — that we’re all going to die.”

A spike in psychological trauma over global warming should come as no surprise, since climate alarmists have been intentionally amping up the rhetoric over a looming environmental apocalypse."

metmike: I personally know of some adults that are seriously stressed over this, to the point of it affecting their lives. If you are one of those, please, please, please try to separate yourself from the propaganda/brainwash with the understanding that the planet is greening up, not dying and life is doing better not worse than it was doing a century ago.

Climate change is real...............and it's the reason that we have almost 8,000,000,000 on the planet instead of  7,000,000,000.  The last 40 years have featured the best weather/climate on earth in over 1,000 years and with the beneficial CO2, is the best for life since humans existed.

Don't  let these people scare you.......it's exactly what they want. They win when you get scared and decide to do what they say in order to feel better about the world and better about yourself because you are doing something to help save the planet...........which is doing wonderful from a climate standpoint(there is legit pollution but note that these fake environmentalists only target the beneficial gas CO2). 

They've been doing this for 30+ years and being wrong for 3 decades with people not doing what they wanted is only causing them to escalate their tactics into the land of mega extremism. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/42203/

Read these objective discussions below with all the authentic data and science which shows irrefutably, that we are having a climate optimum right now. Then rejoice to be  living at the best time in human history with more abundance, luxuries, food and good things then all other generations.........by an extraordinary wide margin............and this includes the BEST climate(it was still warmer than this 6,000 years ago during the Holocene Climate Optimum) but the extra CO2 makes it better this time. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/27864/

Please, don't let them do this to you and your children.

By metmike - Nov. 1, 2019, 7:57 p.m.
Like Reply

Academics Demand More Time Off From Work to Save Planet From Climate Change

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/11/01/academics-demand-more-time-off-from-work-to-save-planet-from-climate-change/

"More than 1000 British professors have signed a letter requesting more time off from teaching so they can tackle climate change and “save all life on our planet.”

“Universities are the bastions of wisdom and knowledge that are urgently needed to combat the climate crisis,” they insist. “Now is the time to increase our efforts.”

Universities must act swiftly and independently on climate change
An open letter from academics and campaigners to sector leaders

October 29, 2019
By Contributors

Dear vice-chancellors, Universities UK and UK Research and Innovation,

Humanity stands at the brink of a precipice. If we do not urgently address climate breakdown and the ecological crisis, the very future of life on earth is in question. David Attenborough has said “We cannot be radical enough” in tackling the climate crisis, and the people are listening. Universities are the bastions of wisdom and knowledge that are urgently needed to combat the climate crisis. Now is the time to increase our efforts. 

[…]

Support fellowships, placements and volunteering for mitigation, adaptation and ecological restoration

We ask you to support scientists, academics and students to help address the climate emergency through a series of new programmes, fellowships, sabbaticals and voluntary placements to help the critical efforts needed to save all life on our planet. These will be hosted by a large partnership between universities, companies and NGOs working on solutions.

We need to be leaders. We need to transform our universities into action-oriented institutions."

metmike: This is nothing more than a group of progressive activists(who make up much of the faculty at our universities) that want to impose a brainwash of their political extremism belief system on students using junk science. 

I call them FAKE environmentalists. If they were authentic, they would be calling attention to the real environmental crisis's on our planet:

The real environmental crisis's/insects dying-dead zones-aquifers drying up-plastics in the ocean: April 2019

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/27498/

Why is everything about the climate crisis/emergency and nothing about all the other REAL bad stuff?

Because CO2 has the unique ability to generate many trillions of dollars..........funding for scientific studies, massive carbon taxes for governments, transfer of global wealth from developed to undeveloped countries with the Climate Accord and the global socialism it exists to impose, Green new deal plans.

Those selling the climate snake oil can present themselves as being altruistic, great human beings wanting to save the planet, so the rest of us can admire them.

Many are sincere and smart but with enormous ignorance of authentic science related to this issue.  Even some very bright people, have decided to believe, because they don't have the resources or expertise to check facts but mostly, because they don't take the time/effort to scrutinize the convincing sounding bs. Others who should know better,  serve as gatekeepers near the top are charlatans that intentionally exaggerate and mislead for their agenda.  

Ex-KGB on Ideological Subversion: How the UN/IPCC hijacked science/brainwashed the world. Previously warmer. Polar bear hoax. Sept. 2019

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/38156/