Wow. This happened much faster than I thought it would
8 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - July 30, 2022, 11:27 a.m.

You may recall that in the last few months, on more than one occasion,  I predicted that the left would embrace border security and even "Build that wall" if the Hispanic demographic  continued it shift to the right.

It didn't take near as long as I thought it would.   Biden is now "closing gaps" in the wall on the Az border, ostensibly for the good of the poor asylum seekers,  you know to protect them from drowning or injury, of course..  It's always for the good of someone, right? LOL

As the Wicked Witch of the West said,  "These things must be done delicately". Even their most rabid followers might experience a moment of cognitive  dissonance with an abrupt 180, so,  one step at a time.

I'm a little surprised that it's happening already, but I'm even more surprised that so many seem so unaware of just how predictable the left has become.   Once you realize they don't embrace right or wrong,  good or bad, but only win or lose by any means necessary , it becomes quite easy.

The first example that got my attention was when Harry Reid lied about Romney's taxes.   When confronted after the election, he laughed and said "Well, He lost, didn't he?"  They often don't even feel the need to hide it.

And if you pay attention, the examples are endless.

Biden administration to close border wall gaps in Arizona - CNNPolitics

The Biden administration said Thursday it had authorized US Customs and Border Protection to close gaps in a border wall in Arizona near the Morelos Dam in order to protect migrants from drowning and sustaining injuries while trying to cross the Colorado River into the United States.

Comments
By metmike - July 30, 2022, 12:36 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Tim!

The southern border crisis has been a major disaster since Biden took office but this topic gets under covered.

The administration is much more concerned with focusing resources on saving the greening up planet from a fake climate crisis by manufacturing situations using junk science and exaggerations of weather to convince people that the current authentic science climate optimum is actually a crisis for the planet.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/87422/#87642

By metmike - July 31, 2022, 12:16 a.m.
Like Reply

We should discuss this southern border CRISIS much more.

By TimNew - July 31, 2022, 5:57 a.m.
Like Reply

It's good that Biden has decided to continue Trump's efforts on the wall, tho he needs to take several more pages out of Trump's book.

But what makes this all such a tragic comedy is that just a few years ago, this was viewed as racist, xenophobic, and now it's humanitarian!

If nothing else, these leftists are certainly an adaptable bunch  :-)

!

By metmike - July 31, 2022, 6:52 p.m.
Like Reply

The numbers below are shocking!

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/cbp-enforcement-statistics

U.S. Customs and Border Protection is the nation’s largest federal law enforcement agency charged with securing the nation’s borders and facilitating international travel and trade. Our top priority is to keep terrorists and their weapons from entering the United States.

At the nation’s more than 300 ports of entry, CBP officers have a complex mission with broad law enforcement authorities tied to screening all foreign visitors, returning American citizens and imported cargo that enters the U.S. Along the nation’s borders, the United States Border Patrol and Air and Marine Operations are the uniformed law enforcement arms of CBP responsible for securing U.S. borders between ports of entry. 

By metmike - July 31, 2022, 7 p.m.
Like Reply

This graph was only thru May and we are going to smash last years record high.

Used to be for decades that almost all the encounters were Mexicans. In recent years, the majority were coming from Central America but most recently, newer countries yet.

https://www.wola.org/2022/06/weekly-u-s-mexico-border-update-may-migration-data-caravan-outcome-migrant-deaths-border-patrol-troubles/

By metmike - July 31, 2022, 7:20 p.m.
Like Reply

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56255613

Rise in migrants

Mr Biden signed an order on his first day in office to pause all wall construction and to end the national emergency declaration on the southern border.

He later ordered that military funds Mr Trump had tapped for the project be diverted, leading to a Republican-requested inquiry into whether Mr Biden had inappropriately re-directed congressionally approved funds.

Property owners near the border have complained that despite the pause, the government is still seeking to seize borderlands for future construction using a process known as eminent domain.

Dozens of eminent domain cases brought by the federal government remain open and could take years for the courts to decide.

Some wall construction sites remain abruptly abandoned, with building materials strewn about, as construction had continued right up until the moment of Mr Biden's order to halt.

metmike: I've not followed this extremely close but that was from BBC News, not a republican site trying to bash Biden over the border.

The policy, based on the above description looks to be more of an intentionally let this happen policy. 

https://www.allsides.com/news-source/bbc-news-media-bias

By WxFollower - Aug. 1, 2022, 12:54 a.m.
Like Reply

Mike,

Please don't forget that a good portion of the rapid increase from Central America (not MX) is due to Eta/Iota. That should always be mentioned when showing these recent stats imho. It isn't at all just because of Biden.

By metmike - Aug. 1, 2022, 4:10 a.m.
Like Reply

Actually, I did forget Larry.

I’ll show that info tomorrow!
thanks