More Covid Deaths under Biden than Trump
18 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - Dec. 1, 2021, 5:08 a.m.

The most significant difference in the treatment of Covid is in the media coverage.  Last year, up to the minute death tolls were streaming accross news screens 24/7 while the talking heads screamed about how Trump was killing us all.

But like I said, they don't even try to pretend anymore.  Their flock bleats in gap mouthed approval during all of it.

More people will have died from COVID under Biden than Trump (msn.com)

Comments
By joj - Dec. 1, 2021, 10:39 a.m.
Like Reply

Are you cynically lying or do you just not understand exponential functions and the nature of viral spread?  

By TimNew - Dec. 1, 2021, 10:50 a.m.
Like Reply

Great attempt at spin JOJ.  :-)

As more are exposed/infected natural immunity kicks in.   There have been ebbs and flows in the number of given infections at any given time,  often weather driven.  

And Biden even had the Vaccine that Trump gave him.  

But the main point of the post  which you have apprently overlooked,  is the VAST difference in coverage of the number of covid cases/deaths by MSM that seemed to do a near perfect 180 when Biden took office, partially on his "Promise" of a plan to handle covid.  Another of his many abject failures.

I'm certain the MSM is considering  the "exponential functions" that apparently kicked in sometime in January of this year :-)

By metmike - Dec. 1, 2021, 12:02 p.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

Yeah, I read that too at some of the sites you got it from.

Quintessential example of exactly what cutworm showed us several days ago.

Lies da#% lies and statistics             

Started by cutworm - Nov. 28, 2021, 12:07 p.m.          

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/78430/

Why is that?

When we started calculating deaths under Trump in Feb 2020 there were 0 deaths/week.

When he ended , the death rate was 3,015/week and still climbing for a couple of weeks (though cases and hospitalizations had peaked).

When we started counting Biden on Jan 20, 2021, the first weekly death rate was 3,367/week and still climbing for 2 more weeks.

The current death rate is 750/week.

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

So your contention is the guy that went from 0 deaths/week to 3,015 deaths/week did a better job than the guy that went from 3,367/week to 750/week.....based entirely on adding up the total deaths.

Trump: 0 deaths/weekSmart Blonde Outdoor Decor Red Novelty Metal Arrow Sign A-1063,015 deaths/week

Biden: 3,367 deaths/weekSmart Blonde Outdoor Decor Red Novelty Metal Arrow Sign A-106750 deaths/week

The circumstances were much different and I'm not even making a case about who did better...........just showing the blatant misuse of statistics by your side as they do exactly what they are accusing the other side of doing.

I agree that the MSN did what you say they did last year..............but now YOUR SIDE is doing the exact same thing...even worse!

By metmike - Dec. 1, 2021, 12:10 p.m.
Like Reply

The most insanely ironic thing about the side claiming that Biden did a poor job controlling the COVID deaths is that THEY ARE THE BIGGEST REASON FOR IT!!!!

'Trump counties' had over 3 times more COVID deaths than 'Biden counties' in October, according to a new report

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-biden-counties-covid-death-rate-3-times-higher-vaccines-2021-11

The far right's anti government, anti COVID vaccine campaign sabotaged Biden.....which was the objective of the gatekeepers that came up with all the false narratives and DISinformation rhetoric.

Blaming Biden for this would be exactly like a parent with a 5th grader that's flunking out at school blaming the teacher.............when the parent told the child that they were not allowed to do homework or study for tests.

By TimNew - Dec. 1, 2021, 12:13 p.m.
Like Reply

OK.  I must not be speaking clearly.

I am not making a case for the handling of Covid by Trump or Biden.

I am making a case for the way the media is covering it.

The coverage is 100% diametrically opposite.

Perhaps you can help.  Here is the 1st statement I made in the 1st post.   How could I have presented my intended point more clearly?   TIA.

The most significant difference in the treatment of Covid is in the media coverage.  Last year, up to the minute death tolls were streaming accross news screens 24/7 while the talking heads screamed about how Trump was killing us all.

By metmike - Dec. 1, 2021, 12:14 p.m.
Like Reply

We know the reason for this:

A late October poll by the Kaiser Family Foundation's COVID-19 Vaccine Monitor found that 39% of Republican adults remain unvaccinated, while just 10% of Democratic adults said the same thing.

AND IT ISN'T BIDENS FAULT or Fauci's fault.

It's mostly the ANTI Biden, ANTI Fauci faction that are responsible....who get their news from far right sources.

By metmike - Dec. 1, 2021, 12:37 p.m.
Like Reply

"OK.  I must not be speaking clearly.

I am not making a case for the handling of Covid by Trump or Biden.

I am making a case for the way the media is covering it.

The coverage is 100% diametrically opposite."

metmike: You came over loud and  crystal clear Tim and I addressed it exactly as you intended. Do you read what I post and process it or just assume things based on what makes for the best response by you? This is what I stated....again:

"I agree that the MSN did what you say they did last year..............but now YOUR SIDE is doing the exact same thing...even worse!"

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/78528/#78538

Even worse because they are causing exactly what they blame Biden for.

And it was Tim that posted the article claiming that Biden's numbers were worse than Trumps, not joj or metmike. Did you post that link because you really don't agree with it?

I clearly busted the statistical DIShonesty of YOUR LINK which blatantly abuses comparative statistics 101.....then addressed the hypocrisy element of your position..............claiming that the MSN gave Trump biased/unfair COVID coverage in 2020(which I agree with) ...........while at the same time, you do the exact same thing to Biden in 2021 and most ironically and much worse, is that  the ones attacking Biden for his COVID numbers.........are the most responsible for what they are blaming him for because they won't follow Bidens vaccination rules.

If Republicans would stop vigorously fighting the best part of Bidens COVID fighting plan ....getting vaccinated, our county would be doing so much better with COVID Numbers.

Can you have a serious talk with fellow Republicans Tim?

Or is messing up Biden more important than what’s best for America’s health?

By TimNew - Dec. 1, 2021, 12:46 p.m.
Like Reply

DO you honestly believe the coverage of covid under Biden is the same as it was under Trump?  If not,  what aer you trying to day?

As far as "busting" the data,  you'll have to take that up with sources lime Web MD, John Hopkins and a few dozen others.

U.S. COVID-19 Deaths in 2021 Surpass 2020 Total (webmd.com)

Overall, more than 771,000 COVID-19 deaths have been reported in the U.S. during the pandemic. About 385,000 were reported in 2020, according to CDC data, and more than 386,000 have been reported this year.

Home - Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center (jhu.edu)

My point was, is and will continue to be that the only significant difference is the media coverage, which is nearly 180 degrees opposite of what it was last year.  The covid deaths have not significantly changed.

You are welcome to disagree,  but you'll be wrong.

By metmike - Dec. 1, 2021, 12:55 p.m.
Like Reply

The right is doing the EXACT same thing to Biden as the left did to Trump on COVID..but its worse because the right is actually causing Biden to do so bad and blaming Biden.........FOR THEIR ACTIONS!

And I totally know where you get this stuff From.

Tim hasn't been doing objective statistics at home and calculating COVID deaths every week since 2020(which actually I do most of the time but for other reasons-to inform people here with data) and used his personal work, using the stats.........you read it somewhere, from what was obviously a right biased source. ..........and liked it enough to post here.

FOX has come out like gangbusters using the same false/misleading statistical narrative theme in the last day.......the biggest source of crap like this. 

Published :

Tucker Carlson: Joe Biden's handle on coronavirus 'greatest public policy failure of all time' 'No one in charge has even acknowledged the magnitude of the failure,' the host says

https://www.foxnews.com/media/tucker-carlson-joe-bidens-handle-on-coronavirus-greatest-public-policy-failure-of-all-time

Published :

Joe Biden 'has blood on his hands' with COVID: Greg Gutfeld

https://www.foxnews.com/media/joe-biden-covid-19-omicron-variant-greg-gutfeld

By metmike - Dec. 1, 2021, 1 p.m.
Like Reply

Fox News CEO refuses to comment on Tucker Carlson's anti-vaccine rhetoric: 'I am loyal first'

https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-ceo-suzanne-scott-tucker-carlson-anti-vaccine-comment-2021-10

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/75252/#75261

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/75252/#75262

It's not so much Biden's failure as much as FOX's success with their anti vaxx rhetoric. .....which they are now, twisting like a pretzel to use.........what they intentionally caused...........to blame Biden.

Nuts!

By TimNew - Dec. 1, 2021, 1:17 p.m.
Like Reply

The right is doing the EXACT same thing to Biden as the left did to Trump on COVID..but its worse because the right is actually causing Biden to do so bad and blaming Biden.........FOR THEIR ACTIONS!

I am not at all sure what you are saying here.  The right is making Biden do a bad job?

And I totally know where you get this stuff From.

That stuff came from John Hopkins and WebMd.  I guess those are now right wing sources?

You can't compare Tucker Carlson to the media onslaught of 2020.   You could not turn on the news without the constant barrage.   EveryTV/radio news program, newspaper.   There is no comparison. You'll always find a few fringe right wing sources, and Carlson is in that group, but it does not begin to compare with the concerted effort made in 2020 using any objective measure.     

By metmike - Dec. 1, 2021, 1:18 p.m.
Like Reply

"You are welcome to disagree,  but you'll be wrong."

I'll let the authentic, objective data and facts using honest statistics, already presented speak for themselves.

But we do agree that last year, the MSM/left  unfairly attacked Trump on COVID and its not that side attacking Biden this year.

By metmike - Dec. 1, 2021, 1:27 p.m.
Like Reply

I suggest that we move forward to something else Tim.

By TimNew - Dec. 2, 2021, 2:56 a.m.
Like Reply

Suppose Rachel Maddow, and maybe one or two others, were the only ones making a few negative and/or misleading claims about Trump's handling of covid.  And, for the most part,  you had to search for them to find them. In such a situation,   I could not make a claim that a concerted effort was made to discredit Trump.   

But that was not the case.

You could not watch CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, etc, listen to NPR, or pick up a newspaper in the vast majority of major cities without seeing the LATEST COVID NUMBERS and how it WAS ALL TRUMP's FAULT.

Now you want to compare that 24/7 media onslaught to a show by Tucker Carlson and an article by some guy I never heard of.   Doesn't sound like a very objective, fact based position.

And I am not now, nor have I based my argument on "authentic covid data", in spite of your repeated efforts to hijack this discussion into that arena. That has not been the argument I made.

My argument has been..  that this is one more example of the media treating Biden quite differently than it treated/treats Trump.

Most people, even many liberals I suspect, have seen that to be the case.  I'm surprised we've had to waste this much band width on a debate of such an obvious conclusion.

By metmike - Dec. 2, 2021, 3 a.m.
Like Reply
By TimNew - Dec. 2, 2021, 12:52 p.m.
Like Reply

"I agree that the MSN did what you say they did last year..............but now YOUR SIDE is doing the exact same thing...even worse!"

No need to point it out again.  My reading comprehension and memory are fine.  It is this statement I specifically responded to in my last post.

Suppose Rachel Maddow, and maybe one or two others, were the only ones making a few negative and/or misleading claims about Trump's handling of covid.  And, for the most part,  you had to search for them to find them. In such a situation,   I could not make a claim that a concerted effort was made to discredit Trump.  

But that was not the case.

You could not watch CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, etc, listen to NPR, or pick up a newspaper in the vast majority of major cities without seeing the LATEST COVID NUMBERS and how it WAS ALL TRUMP's FAULT.

Now you want to compare that 24/7 media onslaught to a show by Tucker Carlson and an article by some guy I never heard of.   Doesn't sound like a very objective, fact based position.

Perhaps you'll take this opportunity to explain how an article or 2 is "even worse" than the media onslaught we saw last year? 

By metmike - Dec. 2, 2021, 1:40 p.m.
Like Reply

I've already made the points crystal clear......a number of times......and moved on.

Engaging with you when you behave this way is enabling and non productive to Marketforum and non productive for Tim. 

By TimNew - Dec. 3, 2021, 1:51 a.m.
Like Reply

No,  you have not.  You made a point that the right media coverage is somehow worse than the left media coverage, and have not defended that position because you know you can't.

Your strategy of "strategic withdrawl" once you have painted yourself into a corner is understandable but tiresome.