Pic of GOP Rep barricading Capitol doors after he compared rioters to “tourists” OMG
24 responses | 0 likes
Started by WxFollower - May 17, 2021, 12:06 p.m.

“Photo emerges of Republican barricading chamber doors during US Capitol attack after he compared rioters to ‘tourists’”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/photo-emerges-republican-barricading-chamber-145745971.html

“‘Do Georgians always barricade doors against normal, everyday tourists?' one critic asked.”

“‘It's a well known fact that it is a time honoured tradition to barricade doors when tourists are strolling nearby,’ tweeted one user, Robin Messing .”

——————————-

I’m speechless!

Comments
By metmike - May 17, 2021, 12:30 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Larry!

For me, this one event counts around 1% with regards to weighting the significance.

Think about it, if we had the insurrection on Jan. 6th..........then moved on, then we could chalk it up to just a really bad day.....like some body falling and breaking their leg............which immediately starts healing.

Instead, the insurrection was tiny part of a MAJOR disease. Just a symptom that emerged for the first time on that day, which is crystal clearly signaling a DEADLY disease to the republican party. 

Instead of all the doctors in the Republican party, taking aggressive medical action to treat the disease, many have joined forces with the disease because they are afraid of it. Because the disease is so powerful, that the threat of it attacking them too if they don't cooperate is too much for them.

So they are most concerned for their own hides and not the patient. 

We know who the disease is. 

By metmike - May 17, 2021, 12:36 p.m.
Like Reply

The saddest thing is that tens of millions of republicans have the "deadly disease" and not only don't want treatment, they have been tricked by the disease to see it/him as a health elixir.......and are begging for more. 

I am greatly saddened to see a wonderful republican party in the early stages of being obliterated. 

When I report the authentic facts on this(as with you) its with anything but joy.......just the opposite.

In fact, what is currently happening right in front of us on this and many other realms (fake climate crisis) is extraordinarily disturbing. 

Watching the people and human race that I care so much  for succumbing to massive scams using manufactured realities to capture their brains for political agenda/ideologies. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/67714/

By metmike - May 17, 2021, 10:43 p.m.
Like Reply

Republicans Flee the GOP After Capitol Riots

The number of people calling themselves members of the Republican Party is near an all-time low after the January riots at the Capitol.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2021-04-07/republicans-flee-the-gop-after-capitol-riots

" Former President Donald Trump remains a polarizing figure overall but is causing fissures within the GOP as well – and at a time when Republicans need to band together if they want to win elections."

"An analysis of voter rolls by Colorado Public Radio, for example, found that about 4,600 Republicans changed their party status in the week January 6-12, without similar trends for other parties. Other news organizations found flips from GOP registration in other states – at least 6,000 in North Carolina, 10,000 in Pennsylvania and 5,000 in Arizona.

That doesn't mean those voters will reject GOP candidates at the polls, let alone cast ballots for Democrats. But given the close margins in those states, bringing even a few thousand voters over to another political team could be critical in future elections."

By metmike - May 17, 2021, 11:03 p.m.
Like Reply

Trump ‘poisoning’ democracy with ‘big lie’ claim -key House Republican

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-poisoning-democracy-with-big-lie-claim-key-house-republican-2021-05-03/

"President Joe Biden defeated Trump by more than 7 million votes, and Trump's claims of fraud at the time were repeatedly rejected by courts and state and federal election authorities.

Opinion polls show large numbers of Republican voters accept Trump's claims of fraud, which helped spark the deadly Jan. 6 riot by his supporters at the U.S. Capitol, an unsuccessful attempt to stop the certification of Biden's victory.

Six in 10 Republicans also believe Trump’s false claim the election was stolen and the same proportion of Republicans think he should run again in 2024, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll in March."

metmike: Republicans lost the last election. Democrats have the White House and both houses of congress(thanks to Trump)

Chopping off 40% from those numbers, which is the number of Republicans that see the truth about the Big Lie and the republican party has no chance at all to regain control. 

Instead of regrouping, redefining, and uniting, with a positive message that appeals to Americans.......they are doing the complete opposite.

Embracing an unhinged psychopath that caused most of the damage who, instead of helping to the party to communicate positive messages and support the best candidates, is doing the 100% opposite. He is still  ranting about the election and trying to convince people of The Big Lie and that he should still be president and anybody in the party that doesn't believe that.............needs to go.

A total dream come true for every Democrat in the country. 

If Trump runs again in 2024, it means the republicans went another 3+ years being torn apart by him. By then, it will be almost impossible to regain those people who no longer identify with the Republican party........probably  in the double digit millions  leaving by then.

By metmike - May 18, 2021, 1:38 a.m.
Like Reply

It appears that, other than Larry, if a thread comes up that has something negative about Trump in it, then we won't be getting comments.

By cutworm - May 18, 2021, 10:07 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike some of us are really busy this time of year

By cutworm - May 18, 2021, 10:10 p.m.
Like Reply

Who shot who?

Who was in charge of Security?

By cutworm - May 18, 2021, 10:13 p.m.
Like Reply

Can you hold a person in jail for trespassing longer than the penalty for trespassing? 

What is the most serious charge ?

Who shot that woman? Why with all the cameras don't we have an answer to this?

EDIT: What were the circumstances? Justified or ???

By cutworm - May 18, 2021, 10:29 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - May 18, 2021, 11:30 p.m.
Like Reply

Top House Republican Opposes Bipartisan Commission To Investigate Capitol Riot

https://www.npr.org/2021/05/18/997836874/top-house-republican-opposes-bipartisan-commission-to-probe-capitol-riot

metmike: It's getting very tiring to hear more and more and more of the same things related to the "insurrection"

To me, this gets around 1% of the weighting of what happened to the country and where we are now on the issue of the fake Biden steal and fake massive election fraud.

Telling us more of the same things again, for the umpteenth time about several hundred people that busted into the capital is going to accomplish what?

This is totally being used for a political objective. I get that Trump's 2 months of false allegations and squawking that Biden stole the election got his people fired up to think and act this way but who doesn't know that?

Anybody that doesn't get that at this point, isn't going to have their lights turned on because a commission stated the same things that clear thinking people have known and has been repeated 100+ times since Jan. 6th.

Please, let's not keep treating it as if it was up there in the same category of the 9-11 attacks.

HOWEVER.........If you are going to expand the significance to where we were BEFORE the 1 brief riot for a few hours on 1 day(the 2 months that led up to it) and where we have been SINCE that time(the 4 months after it)......with, apparently something like 40% of republicans believing Trump...... that Biden stole the election from him...............then go for it. That's the main problem in this country right now.......10's of millions of.people believing that Biden stole the election on May 18th.........NOT people that rioted on Jan 6th at this one place.

Maybe they will actually do that.

It would be nice too, if they formed a different commission to study the much, much, much  more damaging riots that took place for numerous months last Summer.

That ain't happenin!

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/65954/#66001

By metmike - May 18, 2021, 11:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks cutworm. How much of your crop is planted?

The cops death was entirely natural. 

By WxFollower - May 23, 2021, 2:59 a.m.
Like Reply

By WxFollower - May 23, 2021, 3:02 a.m.
Like Reply

By WxFollower - May 23, 2021, 3:03 a.m.
Like Reply

By WxFollower - May 23, 2021, 3:05 a.m.
Like Reply

This should say "Capitol", but I didn't write it.

By metmike - May 23, 2021, 11:43 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Larry, pretty funny stuff!

Except the last, 4th meme actually makes the complete 100% opposite point of the first 3.

#4 is supposed to be an anolog of the Capitol riots.  The heavily armed British completely destroying/burning down the building. 

It's actually a great analog..........to how the media/dems are depicting this incident.......100 times worse than what it really  was.

Since you corrected the spelling, you clearly gave it some thought about wanting it to accurately display YOUR thoughts. It displays  the opposite side of the extreme bias but I do agree with you that its absurd to ever describe the event using the word tourists.

This should say "Capitol", but I didn't write it.

By WxFollower - May 23, 2021, 12:36 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike said:

“It's actually a great analog..........to how the media/dems are depicting this incident.......100 times worse than what it really  was.”

—————————————

That’s your opinion and is far different from mine. 100 times worse? How so? Have you seen the many videos graphically showing the viciousness toward Capitol police? This mob was full of furious lawless folks who were more than willing to do harm to them and they actually did harm to some of them. Also, are you aware of their chants to get Mike Pence because they were lead to believe he was a traitor? Are you aware of how dangerous a mob of pissed off people can be toward others? Are you aware of the dangers of a stampede of people? As little as minutes and possibly only seconds stood between Pence, Pelosi, and others from quite possibly being hurt or even killed.

Regarding the War of 1812 meme, yes the result was much worse in terms of damage though actually not in terms of danger to Americans as the Capitol was empty of them from what I understand. No Americans were hurt as far as I know. But regardless, the point of the sarcastic meme is that there are no limits to how ridiculous the pro-Trumpets are as regards the truth. The meme is saying that had the pro-Trump mob torched the Capitol, there’s no telling how much they would have lied about how serious an attack it was.

The 1/6/21 attack was much more serious than how it continues to be portrayed by many pro-Trumpers. Their bold face lies need to keep being countered with the truth, which is 100 times worse than they’re portraying.

By metmike - May 23, 2021, 1:09 p.m.
Like Reply

"The 1/6/21 attack was much more serious than how it continues to be portrayed by many pro-Trumpers. Their bold face lies need to keep being countered with the truth, which is 100 times worse than they’re portraying."

Thanks Larry!

I totally agree with this above.  I made my point on the 4th meme and will focus my time on discussions that don't involve extreme/biased  views.

By WxFollower - May 23, 2021, 1:25 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike, you’re welcome.

Keep in mind that the US govt has never had a direct attack like this from its own people! And there’s never been lies told (regarding the election and this attack) and believed by so many ignorant people.

By metmike - May 23, 2021, 1:47 p.m.
Like Reply

I agree 1,000% on that Larry but we have to go "outside" of Jan. 6th to accrue the vast, vast amounts of damage done to the people because of this Biden steal fraud.

They DID NOT torch the building and go in there all armed with rifles on Jan. 6th ready to kill and hang their enemies. 

They went in there with messed up heads, brainwashed and enraged by Trump and company.

If that was the end of it, then we could go on but its EVEN WORSE now than ever.  it's NOW that we should be most concerned about not, the physical events on Jan. 6th.

By mcfarmer - May 23, 2021, 3:57 p.m.
Like Reply

Well said Mike, I agree on every point.

Jan 6 was the puss being expelled from  the infected wound inflicted on our system of government suffered over the previous four years and most blatantly by the so called “big lie”.

I disagree however about the bipartisan committee investigation. All the other investigations are directed towards laws broken, illegal activities. If a non-congressional committee were to be formed they could uncover “unethical” activities made by elected officials and others in charge. Congressional representatives may not have broken laws per se but may have instigated, enabled and prompted others to do ill. Not to mention the former president.

It‘s no wonder McCarthy and McConnell are hesitant, there might be some splainin to do.

Having trump be made ineligible to run would be a god send for the republicans.

By metmike - May 23, 2021, 5:47 p.m.
Like Reply

Having trump be made ineligible to run would be a god send for the republicans."

Absolutely yes, mcfarmer!

You actually answered a question that I asked on a different thread.

What new will they find with another investigation and what do they intend to do with it?

If they intend to use it to keep Trump from ever holding office again, then count me in but hold on a minute. 

I still have mixed feelings on it  because it will ramp up the already stratospheric divisiveness, especially now dwelling on this event.

Half the republicans that want Trump to run again are totally oblivious to the reality that he single handedly caused the loss of the White House and the Senate in one election, then did the most diabolical thing by a president in history, which turned even MORE people to be EMPHATICALLY against him. 

How could they not possibly not realize what Trump has done to their party?

Apparently their blind allegiance to Trump is much more powerful than the obvious facts staring at the republican party that's tearing itself right now, 100% because of Trump and he is feeding on it still, here 6 months after the election.

By mcfarmer - May 23, 2021, 6:28 p.m.
Like Reply

“What new will they find with another investigation and what do they intend to do with it?”

We don’t know what could be found, that’s one reason why we have investigations.

What if, for example, we found persons in positions of power knew of the plans ahead of time ? Criminal investigations would not subpoena congressional aids to testify under oath what their superiors knew or did. 

I would  expect expulsions if members of congress were in any way found to be involved. I have no idea if any were, but I feel it is important to clear the air of any suspicion. Criminal investigations would not be the appropriate venue to investigate possibility, although a criminal investigation could arise.

Benghazi spawned how many investigations ? Anywhere from 10-30 something depending on who is counting and what counts as an investigation. Let’s take the low of 10, what was discovered that we didn’t know immediately  after the event ? Was it worth the ten million to find out ?

Maybe.

Anyway, I think the events of Jan 6 are at least as worthy of investigation.

By TimNew - May 23, 2021, 7:44 p.m.
Like Reply

Anyway, I think the events of Jan 6 are at least as worthy of investigation.

Between the Senate and congressional investigations, and the DOJ and the FBI and 400 individual prosecutions,  there are literally 100's of investigations taking place.