a black police officer speaks about racism in the USA
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - April 25, 2021, 3:11 p.m.

Black ex-poilice officer is asked about systemic racism in the USA, and the comments Pres Biden made 

"   if you look at Joe Biden himself, he spoke at a Klu Klux Klan-member’s funeral and did the eulogy of Robert Byrd … We don’t have a problem with racism in our country, we have a problem with people not following the law."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN6wNpsPEso&t=39s

Comments
By metmike - April 25, 2021, 3:31 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Gunter!

Profound money comments that everyone should hear loud and clear!

The MAIN problem is not the cops............not even close to the MAIN problem.

The MAIN problem by a wide margin is.............way too much CRIME.

What is the ONLY group that risks their lives every day to FIGHT crime?

If we truly care about the MAIN problem, why are we trying to take down the ONLY group that actually does the most, by far to stop crime?

The only conclusion, is that either we have totally lost touch with the reality(possible in todays life of manufactured fake realities that define us) or  that we WANT crime to exist and get worse. 

Taking down the cops(good ones too)            

13 responses |         

Started by metmike - April 21, 2021, 7:26 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/68329/

Using statistics to lie and smear cops            

19 responses |                

Started by metmike - June 12, 2020, 7:48 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/53752/

Video of 13-year-old Adam Toledo's shooting-Chicago-facts            

8 responses |       

Started by metmike - April 16, 2021, 5:26 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/68075/

and we have another police shooting....teenager in Ohio with knife           

14 responses |                 

Started by GunterK - April 21, 2021, 8:17 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/68333/

Please scroll down for more!

By TimNew - April 25, 2021, 7:31 p.m.
Like Reply

If you want to gauge the level of racism in the US,  look at the reaction to racism.

From what I see. 99.999% of people react to truly racist acts with revulsion and condemnation.  

That is not the sort of thing you would see in a racist country.  

But I will admit...  I have decided I am way too white to continue drinking coca cola.  And by some measures,  that makes me a white supremicist racist.

By metmike - April 25, 2021, 8:04 p.m.
Like Reply

I should add that I am 100% behind HELPING the cops to serve us even better.

That is what they do and that is what they want to do better, though we have some problems that need serious adjustments in particular situations that can affect entire policing units(with more than 1 cop).

1. Bodycams are a must.......this appears to have been almost entirely resolved.

2. No cover ups. This will always be a work in progress..............as in most professions because of human nature. People in the medical profession cover for each other all the time for instance. When you are part of a team or family fighting for the same thing, especially risking your lives and covering each others backs, it's against your nature to turn on one of your own if they mess up. With the body cam footage now out, this should over ride any attempts to cover up.

3. Better training to use less force if possible. This one is tricky too. When you are fighting violent crime and those you are trying to reign in , are attacking you sometimes with guns, you have a right to protect yourself and others in the way of harm. How about you reading this, go out there and try to do this job, then after getting shot at a few times and surviving or your partner getting shot at, THEN decide if cops should be able to use deadly force and under what conditions.

OK, so what if we could perfect those 3 items above. 

How much would that cut down on the violent crime rate and killing of thousands of innocent people in this country every year, mostly blacks?

Not only would it not help, it would make it worse.

More blacks will get killed because of all cops pulling back on the forcefullness in which they apply their crime fighting.

By forcefullness, I don't mean excessive force.

If you cause cops to avoid situations that are questionable or to not even take a chance of pursuing a criminal because of what might happen to them(not from the criminal but from society if he/her is just doing his/her job and it doesn't turn out well, then you have the risk of being killed right then.................AND the risk of losing your job or going to prison if you live and the criminal gets killed. 

Who the heck would even want a job like that?

We should be honoring these people as heros to put up with being abused by criminals, then get kicked in the teeth by society............even cops doing a wonderful job(almost all of them) every day while risking their lives.