Give it all to Russia!
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by mikempt - April 18, 2021, 1:47 p.m.

Give the whole Middle east and Europe to Russia. we have enough natural resources on our side of the hemisphere,we dont need the headaches! Between USA,Canada and South America,I think we will be just fine!

Comments
China
0 likes
By metmike - April 20, 2021, 12:01 a.m.
Like Reply

Scoll down below this page for more

(-:

The principles of the climate accord will have us all sharing everything eventually down the road anyway (-:

With regards to rare earth metals, China has most of them!

https://www.statista.com/chart/18278/global-rare-earth-production/

Infographic: China's Rare Earth Monopoly is Diminishing | Statista

By metmike - April 20, 2021, 12:05 a.m.
Like Reply

REE - Rare Earth Elements and their Uses

The demand for rare earth elements has grown rapidly, but their occurrence in minable deposits is limited.

https://geology.com/articles/rare-earth-elements/

Rare earth element pricesDid You Know?   Prices and demand for rare earth materials  have risen dramatically over the past decade.  China produces about  90% of the supply. Deposits in Australia and the United States are going back into operation, and exploration in many new areas is progressing.

Heavy and light rare earth elements: The rare earth elements are often subdivided into "Heavy Rare Earths" and "Light Rare Earths." Lanthanum, cerium, praseodymium, neodymium, promethium, and samarium are the "light rare earths." Yttrium, europium, gadolinium, terbium, dysprosium, holmium, erbium, thulium, ytterbium, and lutetium are the "heavy rare earths." Although yttrium is lighter than the light rare earth elements, it is included in the heavy rare earth group because of its chemical and physical associations with heavy rare earths in natural deposits.

Rare earth magnets in wind turbinesDid You Know?   Rare earth magnets are used in wind turbines. Some large turbines require two TONS of rare earth magnets. These magnets are very strong and make the turbines highly efficient. Rare earth magnets are used in turbines and generators in many alternative energy applications.

Heavy and light rare earth elements: The rare earth elements are often subdivided into "Heavy Rare Earths" and "Light Rare Earths." Lanthanum, cerium, praseodymium, neodymium, promethium, and samarium are the "light rare earths." Yttrium, europium, gadolinium, terbium, dysprosium, holmium, erbium, thulium, ytterbium, and lutetium are the "heavy rare earths." Although yttrium is lighter than the light rare earth elements, it is included in the heavy rare earth group because of its chemical and physical associations with heavy rare earths in natural deposits.

Oil/electric vehicleDid You Know?   Every hybrid-electric and electric vehicle has a large battery. Each battery is made using several pounds of rare earth compounds. The use of  electric vehicles is expected to increase rapidly, driven by energy independence, climate change and other concerns. This will increase the demand for rare earth materials. 
Dead cell phonesDid You Know?   Tiny amounts of rare earth metals are used in most small electronic devices. These devices have a short lifespan, and REE recycling is infrequently done. Billions are thrown away each year.

By metmike - April 20, 2021, 12:12 a.m.
Like Reply
https://geology.com/articles/rare-earth-elements/

World Mine Production and Reserves
(2020 Estimates)

CountryProduction
(Metric Tons)
Reserves
(Metric Tons)
United States38,0001,500,000
Australia17,0004,100,000
Brazil1,00021,000,000
Burma30,000not available
Burundi500not available
Canada--830,000
China140,00044,000,000
Greenland--1,500,000
India3,0006,900,000
Madagascar8,000not available
Russia2,70012,000,000
South Africa--790,000
Tanzania--890,000
Thailand2,000not available
Vietnam1,00022,000,000
Other Countries100310,000
World total (rounded)240,000

REE production chart

REE production chart: This chart shows China's dominance in the production of rare earth elements between 1994 and 2020. The United States was a significant producer through the 1990s, but low-priced materials sold by China forced mines in the United States and other countries out of operation. As China limited exports, and prices increased rapidly in 2009 and 2010, mines in Australia and the United States became active again.  In 2018, data from Burma / Myanmar became available, causing an increase in production that may have been present but unreported prior to 2020.   Graph by Geology.com using data from the United States Geological Survey.

By metmike - April 23, 2021, 3:47 a.m.
Like Reply

One of the many things that Biden and the Greens are not telling you is about what will happen when we go to electric vehicles/batteries and Green energy and we are reliant/dependent on China for the supply of rare earth metals.

This is the recipe for a potential cataclysmic economic disaster for the US............being brought on by our actions over a fake climate crisis.

Wow, the ignorance of our political leaders in taking us down this path is stunning. How can they not see it with crystal clarity? 

Are they  this ignorant or are they intentionally trying to ruin our country?

I predict that China's economy will easily surpass ours in the next few years and by the year 2030, they may have double the GDP and productivity of the US,. maybe more.

Keep in mind that China, has made it clear that they will not be making CO2 cuts and in fact, in the agreement they made with Obama to be part of the climate accord, they will only consider stopping their increase in CO2 emissions in the year 2030 and they weill be getting money from the rich countries, like the US until then.

You heard that right. China gets money for being in the Climate Accord, because the UN categorized them as a developing country. The US, as a developed country gives them money.  China does not have to cut emissions until 2030. 

Still think the Climate Accord is about the climate?

China Dominates the Rare Earths Supply Chain

https://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/international-issues/china-dominates-the-rare-earths-supply-chain/

China already has 80 to 90percent of the global rare earth market. Further, over 70 percent of all mined cobalt needed in the electric vehicle industry comes from the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and most of that cobalt is controlled by China. That means massive U.S. policies to “go green” with renewable energy sources and electric vehicles are in fact, “going red,” as in handing over power to the Chinese Communist Party. An energy policy based upon principles of the Green New Deal is a policy of guaranteeing overwhelming dependence for our energy on China. China’s control over these energy sources is much greater than the control OPEC ever exercised over world oil production.

The gradual closure of Western factories and en masse job transfer from West to East has been occurring for decades. The recent U.S.-China trade war and the coronavirus pandemic have made the Western world realize that it has a heavy reliance on China’s supply chain. The U.S. Senate has discussed restoring the U.S. supply chain of critical materials and rare earths, but it is moving very slowly. Senator Ted Cruz has proposed a bill to provide funding to both rare earth production projects and massive tax breaks for companies using U.S.-made magnets. Recently, Senate Republicans have issued proposed legislation to provide COVID-19 relief, the Health, Economic Assistance, Liability Protection, and Schools (HEALS) Act, which includes provisions to fund research and development for rare earth element extraction. The Trump Administration’s Department of Defense has recently committed the funding for two rare earth separation plants in the United States.

However, by 2029, it is expected that the United States will have only 3 lithium-ion battery mega-factories compared to China’s 88—of a total of 115 lithium-ion battery mega-factories planned. Europe is making a more concerted effort to build up their battery supply chain and by 2029, will have 17 percent compared to China’s 69 percent and North America’s 8 percent.

Conclusion

Put simply—“Control the supply chain, control the world”—is what China’s 2025 strategy is all about. China is way ahead of the game and only with governmental commitment and alliances with friendly nations can the United States come out of the hole past policies created. The West needs to move rapidly to regain control of its industrial future; green energy policies that foster an overwhelming dependence on China threaten it.

By metmike - April 23, 2021, 4:03 a.m.
Like Reply

China and US pledge climate change commitment

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-56790077

"China has pledged to peak its emissions by 2030"

metmike: What the heck sort of pledge is that? They continue to increase CO2 emissions for another decade, negating any cuts by the US and then some.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/03/30/china-coal-use-exploding-u-s-leads-world-in-co2-reductions-alarmist-media-conceal-all-this-much-more/

clip_image004

To make it easy to visualize, quantify with values...........here's the way that it looks on graphs.

This is under the Climate Accord as it was designed. Look how (planet killing-according to them) CO2 emissions still soar higher because poor countries get to gush out all that planet killing pollution. (its actually a beneficial gas and they know it or else this agreement would be a "death sentence" for planet earth)

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2015/03/13/charting-the-outcome-of-the-obama-china-climate-deal-by-2030/

https://edmhdotme.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/screen-shot-2015-03-05-at-11-41-33.png

https://edmhdotme.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/screen-shot-2015-03-05-at-11-32-35.png

Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 07.26.30

By wglassfo - April 23, 2021, 4:08 p.m.
Like Reply

JMHO

We are headed for disaster but not before we pay a huge price for a white elephant

Nobody wants higher taxes. What with increased increased income tax and various hidden taxes let's assume 

average income tax increase            1500

Increased cost of tax on pump gas   1000

Wage earner will pay more taxes       2500

Then you have the carbon tax penalty for high energy producers [the oil patch] plus killing the Key stone pipeline increases cost of transportation will result in an estimated downsize of oil production

Any body that uses energy to grow, harvest store grain crops, grow livestock faces an energy increase in energy tax

I just touched on a few industries that will pay increased cost to build infastructure for a carbon goal of less carbon of 45 % in Canada. Either we print the money or we pay taxes

Then the only soarces of eneergy in this new world is wind and solar. So where do you put solaar and wind the size of Texas and Nevada where the wind blows and sun shines. Amybody priced copper. You need to transmit that energy to where the people are through wires,, lots of wire and lots of copper

Then you need batteries for EV and storage when the wind doesn't blow and the sun don't shine. Ca and Texas have already had power failures so who thinks this will suddenly improve

If you put solar and wind closer to the people then you use up productive food land. You aren't going to have wind mills in Maryland trust me. Those people will say not in my high priced back yard

I could go on but this whole thing, especially with materials we don't have will end up costing us a ton of money until it finally dies a slow death. But not until severe damage has been done to our economy and financial system of fiat money. The USD will likely survive but the people will experience inflation like we have never seen before

Silicone valley waanted a change of gov't

Well now they don't like what they see nor does Wall St. and eventually the people will see something isn't just quit right but what is it. as most just see BLM and police injustice

And NO

Canada, USA. Mexico can't survive unless this green deal is gone and forgotten. 

If things were the same as today then we might have a chance, a very good chance, but this idiot wants us to suffer 1st

By metmike - April 23, 2021, 7:59 p.m.
Like Reply

"Canada, USA. Mexico can't survive unless this green deal is gone and forgotten."

Wayne,

I can't think of a more counter productive energy and economic policy in our country's history......that will do nothing to affect the climate/weather(which is the best in over 1,000 years). Thats the insane thing about it Wayne. Extreme measures to address something that is a non (made up) problem.

People probably get tired of reading me say the same things for 20 years but with new data.

But think about this. If I was wrong ALL the newest data wouldn't continue to support exactly what I have been saying for 20 years. When it stops showing that........I will still show the data and tell you that my opinion before was wrong.

They just keep repeating the false narratives...........like the extreme cold in TX was from climate change as is almost every extreme weather event..........I can usually show where its happened before but they don't  and just use words "extreme weather from humans burning fossil fuels...........we must ban fossil fuels" and crazy wrong global climate models...........subjectively picked mathematical equations to program a computer in order to get it to simulate the atmosphere and conditions for the next 100 years

Instead of adjusting them lower, using authentic science based on the observations, they did the opposite, they adjusted them higher, using politics to scare people more in order to get the reaction we are getting right now.

And dog gone it........it worked. They won!!  Just look at all the massive data I have proving irrefutably that we are having a climate optimum..................made not difference.

If enough sources repeat a lie often enough.......people will believe it. People do believe in the climate crisis. If I offer to show a believer all the authentic data that proves not crisis..they don't even want to see it. It's climate religion.

If somebody offered to show a very religious person, proof that there was no God..............that person wouldn't think "its about time, I knew there was no God all this time and now somebody will finally prove it to me"

They would not likely seriously consider the atheists points because religion is based on faith in something that you can't prove.

Belief in the climate crisis is a religion. There is no proof. I have the absolute proof that it does not exist, actually. 

And I've been a practicing environmentalist for the last 40 years, so its not about picking prosperity over the well being of our planet!

The real environmental crisis's/insects dying-dead zones-aquifers drying up-plastics in the ocean-landfills/trash-over consumption of natural resources(metmike is a PRACTICING environmentalist): April 2019

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/27498/

By wglassfo - April 25, 2021, 12:33 p.m.
Like Reply

Hi Mike

I haven't investigated fully but it seems Yellen is pushing a corporate tax in all G-7 countries and then eventually some 120 countries to pay for the Green Deal

The rational she uses is better living standards, with higher wages, a better climate and lots of good things

Sounds really good, except she wants trillions to fund this white elephant

Now we know who will pay and who won't, so of coarse the 120 countries will be on board and the G-7 is mostly on board although the EU may have some doubts

I look at this differently if incorrectly

Yellen and Biden administration is using the Green Deal to establish a cold war financial and trading economic zone vs china

By the time China shuts down the export of rare earth materials, the west will have a trading bloc to rival china and rare materials may become secondary to the bigger picture

The USA is actively looking for partners to rival china in a financial cold war

China started the silk road and what ever in Asia. The USA did not take this seriously until as of lately and this is the counter punch to rival china

I doubt we have seen all the details yet but a financial cold war with china seems to be coming, and the USA needs partners on her side not over the other side with china..

I haven't got the details correct or even close to the truth, but this financial cold war is my best effort as to what I see happening

China
0 likes
By metmike - May 8, 2021, 5:07 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Wayne!

You could be right.

One thing for sure, China is pumping up the global CO2 big time and fully intends to continue!

China: “renewable energy … intermittent and unstable, we must rely on a stable power source”

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2021/05/03/china-renewable-energy-intermittent-and-unstable-we-must-rely-on-a-stable-power-source/

h/t JoNova; CNBC; According to Su Wei, Deputy Secretary-General of the National Development and Reform Commission, renewable energy is too unreliable to power China.

China has ‘no other choice’ but to rely on coal power for now, official says

PUBLISHED THU, APR 29 202112:03 AM EDTUPDATED THU, APR 29 202112:25 AM EDT
Evelyn Cheng @CHENGEVELYN

• President Xi Jinping announced in September the country’s carbon emissions would begin to decline by 2030, and reach carbon neutrality by 2060 — in four decades.
  • In the meantime, policymakers are making clear that economic growth remains a top priority — and that growth depends largely on coal power.
  • “Because renewable energy (sources such as) wind and solar power are intermittent and unstable, we must rely on a stable power source,” said Su Wei, Deputy Secretary-General of the National Development and Reform Commission. “We have no other choice. For a period of time, we may need to use coal power as a point of flexible adjustment.”