Border Crisis
12 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - March 3, 2021, 2:08 a.m.

Byron York's Daily Memo: Biden team in full denial mode about border crisis

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/byron-yorks-daily-memo-biden-team-in-full-denial-mode-about-border-crisis

BIDEN TEAM IN FULL DENIAL MODE ABOUT BORDER CRISIS. During the campaign, candidate Joe Biden promised to undo President Trump's border security policies. He pledged to halt all deportations for 100 days and allow asylum seekers who enter the United States illegally to stay in this country while their cases are considered, rather than wait in Mexico, as Trump required.

It was obvious that Biden's changes would attract a flood of new illegal immigrants. So during the transition, the president-elect sounded a note of caution. In late December, Biden told reporters he would not throw out the Trump program immediately, lest the United States "end up with two million people on our border." Instead, Biden said, he would take some time to set up "guardrails" to make sure his new system would work smoothly.

But prospective illegal border crossers got the message: Come to the United States and you can stay. And now, under President Biden, they are not waiting for the new administration to set up "guardrails" to handle them. They are coming right now.

Subscribe today to the Washington Examiner magazine that will keep you up to date with what's going on in Washington. SUBSCRIBE NOW: Just $1.00 an issue!

About 78,000 people tried to cross illegally into the U.S. in January -- more than double the number from January 2020. In response, White House spokeswoman Jen Psaki practically begged would-be illegal crossers not to stay away, but to wait a few weeks or months before illegally crossing. "Now is not the time to come, and the vast majority will be turned away," Psaki said in early February. "Asylum processes at the border will not occur immediately; it will take time to implement."

But the rush continues, with as many as 4,000 people trying each day to cross the border illegally. And now, the administration has moved into full denial mode. On Monday, Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas insisted there is no crisis at the border. "The answer is no," Mayorkas said at a White House briefing. "I think there is a challenge at the border that we are managing, and we have our resources dedicated to managing it.”

A reporter challenged Mayorkas. "Respectfully, sir, though, one of your predecessors, Jeh Johnson [President Obama's Homeland Security Secretary], said that 1,000 illegal border crossings a day constitutes a crisis, that it overwhelms the system. We're at between three and four thousand now, according to CBP officials. So how is this not a crisis?"

There's no crisis at the border, Mayorkas repeated. It's a "challenge." "I have explained that quite clearly," he said. "We are challenged at the border. The men and women of the Department of Homeland Security are meeting that challenge." The Biden administration, he said, is "building the capacity to...meet our humanitarian aspirations in execution of the president's vision."

In the meantime, Mayorkas, like Psaki before him, asked people currently in Mexico to wait for a while before crossing illegally into the United States. "We are not saying, 'Don't come,'" Mayorkas said. "We are saying, 'Don't come now,' because we will be able to deliver a safe and orderly process to them as quickly as possible."

That statement essentially served as the Biden administration's official welcome announcement to those seeking to enter the United States illegally. Don't do it just now, the administration said, because we're still getting everything ready to receive you into this country.

But they're not waiting. Why should they? Many are being allowed to stay right now. The Washington Examiner's Anna Giaritelli -- a must-read on all border and immigration issues -- reports the Border Patrol released 350 migrants onto the streets in Yuma, Arizona over the last two weeks.

Comments
By GunterK - March 3, 2021, 10:25 a.m.
Like Reply

Pres Biden is not lying, when he says "there is no crisis".

A crisis is something bad happening... something you didn't want ti happen. If you wanted it to happen, it's not a "crisis".

The "Left" wanted this to happen. They made it quite clear during the recent past...they resisted Trump's efforts to secure the border... they created sanctuary cities.... they want to abolish ICE...

Pres Biden has made it very clear what he thinks about illegal aliens. It's an open invitation to come... legally or illegally. 

It seems to me, this is a somewhat reckless attitude.. at a time when10 mill workers are out of work and homelessness is rapidly increasing. Who.is feeding these newcomers and give them housing? 

It's an invitation not just to Central America, but to the whole world. A while back, some experts predicted  that such politics would create an influx of some 600 mill new immigrants to the US. This means there could be a billion people living here in the US. There is not enough food and water here to sustain such a crowd.

It would be the destruction of the US.  Is this the plan?

BTW, it says here that immigrants were found to be Covid19 positive

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/03/02/report-border-crossers-released-into-u-s-by-biden-officials-test-positive-for-coronavirus/

PS

the media usually show pictures of women with children crossing the borders. In reality, most are young men

By metmike - March 3, 2021, 1:16 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Gunter!

By wglassfo - March 3, 2021, 2:32 p.m.
Like Reply

I have no idea if your number of 600 million extra people is true or how long it would take to reach 1 billion 600 mil plus 300 currently in the USA is very  close to 1 billion. Probably a million un explained people so 1 billion would seem correct

Well; At least you could say your population would rival India or china

How many people would be left in SA??

Probably mostly people growing soybeans cotton, rice, sugar cane and corn

And some livestock

We take approx 8-10,000 seasonal workers for green  houses and some veggies

But sorry, we can't take many more and the people that do come, really think our climate is cold, even in July

I doubt we will have many permanent residents so you get em all

By GunterK - March 3, 2021, 3:35 p.m.
Like Reply

wglassfo, that 600 mill number I read about a couple years ago, or so. It's not a fact... it's only an estimate, made by an immigration expert. 

His observation came from the fact that illegal immigrants do not only come from Central America. There have been numerous arrests of people from the M.E., and from Africa (the travelers from Africa apparently had the funds to pay for regular boat fare to the the northern parts of the South American continent and then trekked North, like the Central Americans.

There are also large numbers of Chinese (illegal) immigrants coming in on container ships, on the Pacific Coast.

Europe is also getting  large numbers of illegals coming from Afghanistan, Pakistan and other Asian countries. No doubt, if they can show up on Europe's borders, they can also show up here. With them come terrorists (the real kind, not the ones in the Capitol) on Jan 6)

this 600 mill number may be a bit high, but his warning is real..Totally open borders can, and will change this country into a nightmare.

By GunterK - March 3, 2021, 6:07 p.m.
Like Reply

At least 108  of the arrested illegal aliens tested positive for Covid19, before they were released into the US

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9322407/108-migrants-tested-positive-coronavirus-released-Texas.html

Gov Cuomo, could you please help out in this matter.

By metmike - March 3, 2021, 6:59 p.m.
Like Reply

There are some good points to be made on very serious immigration issues but when you mix them in with crazy numbers, like 600 million which are from the Outer Limits, then nobody will take your legit points seriously.

Currently, we have something like 11 million illegal immigrants.

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/programs/us-immigration-policy-program-data-hub/unauthorized-immigrant-population-profiles?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8dvXoKmV7wIVs8mUCR0mpgoOEAAYASAAEgLLAvD_BwE

By metmike - March 3, 2021, 7:15 p.m.
Like Reply

Here are some good links to get accurate data. This is what you should always use vs wild speculation and biased sources.

https://usafacts.org/issues/immigration/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ND-Immigration&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpY7RrKqV7wIVBIzICh05aQ95EAAYASAAEgIjtfD_BwE

https://usafacts.org/data/topics/people-society/immigration/immigration-and-immigration-enforcement/immigrants/

It doesn't make sense to use 600 million people in the US, especially if you are referring to a +600 million over the current population as Wayne suggested.

We would need over 1 million/month to get +12 million/year and that would only add 120 million in 10 years. 

By metmike - March 3, 2021, 7:21 p.m.
Like Reply

Here is more useful information to understand the dynamics better:

https://www.ilctr.org/quick-us-immigration-statistics/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8OG8g66V7wIVmK7ICh0FbgPjEAAYASAAEgIwQ_D_BwEdata graphic of US origin us born and foreign borndata graphic of US immigrant country of originGraphic comparing rates of documented and undocumented immigrants

This last pie chart is the one that we should be concerned  about.

By metmike - March 3, 2021, 7:32 p.m.
Like Reply

We should also be aware that the majority of these people are good people, not criminals but we should have a legal process that allows them in based on standards and monitoring.

The Central Am

https://www.crs.org/media-center/current-issues/central-america-migration-crisis-facts-and-how-help?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5d2vl6-V7wIVFKCzCh2b-QLDEAAYAiAAEgJ0b_D_BwEerica Migration Crisis

metmike: Don't believe that these are climate refugees either because there has been drought in Central America. There has been drought in this location(and any one time, something like 25% of the planet has drought)  but the last 40 years have featured the best growing conditions on the planet for crops and CO2 is an atmospheric fertilizer that also increases the water efficiency of plants........makes them MORE drought tolerant.

If you want to help their crops most, we should be boosting levels of ambient, atmospheric CO2 as close to 900 parts per million which is the optimal level for plants.

It doesn't matter that you have heard a million times the exact opposite. Telling a lie 1,000,000 times still makes it a lie. 

The truth in science can always be proven with authentic data/facts. 

NEW:  Optimal CO2 for life more than double current level. See the proof with thousands of studies. Showing Scientific American.....and mainstream science sold to us........ to be wrong about plants and the affects from Climate Change. December 2020

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/62784/

By GunterK - March 3, 2021, 9:39 p.m.
Like Reply

you are right, metmike. I should have not mentioned the wild speculation of having 600 mill coming in.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. If you want me to, I eliminate this section of my post, to keep up the high level of quality on this forum.

You are also right about me being biased, on the subject of illegal immigration. I am an immigrant, the legal kind. I followed the rules and laws to come here, and I tried by best to adjust and blend in.

I believe, many legal immigrants feel like I do, when it comes to illegal immigration . 

It's like the difference between a dinner guest and a  home invader.

Facts are:  the border patrol is overwhelmed . Illegals are being arrested and then released into the country. Detention facilities for minors at the border are mostly filled. 

a few days ago, I read about a CBP chief saying "I am scared of what's coming" ()referring to
Biden's immigration policies}

By metmike - March 3, 2021, 11:53 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks.........No need to ever delete anything like this Gunter. 

In deleting, it can sometimes make comments based on it seem puzzling.

By wglassfo - March 4, 2021, 7:14 p.m.
Like Reply

You folks seem to do the same thing every 10 or so yrs. Some times longer, maybe some times less, I don't know

After you folks figure out you have x million illegals in your country then amnesty talk surfaces to make these people legal.f you are going to make illegals legal, why not do it on an annual/monthly basis instead of this ad hoc method

If you have illegals and want to make then legal then why wait

Just do it

You do it any way

The current system  has a number of yrs between amnesty, which varies on ???

I know you can't and some don't want to control your border so just admit you will be having an amnesty round up some time, just the time frame varies, but amnesty will continue to infinity the way your system works

Crazy huh???