climate article from uniformed author
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Jan. 23, 2021, 12:03 a.m.

After Alarmism

The war on climate denial has been won. And that’s not the only good news.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/climate-change-after-pandemic.html#comments

metmike: The author of this article just makes up at least a dozen things about climate change. I decided to make some comments to help the him out.

12 minutes ago

I've been an atmospheric scientist and environmentalist for 39 years. Note my articles and discussions at the link that I will leave for you that tells the truth about the fake climate crisis using empirical data and authentic science. Below 350 ppm of CO2 is the safe level you say? Try 900 ppm is the optimal level for life based on thousands of scientific studies. Uninhabitable planet? What about the 4 times that it was this warm or warmer recently. The Medieval Warm Period 1,000 years ago, Roman Warm Period 2,000 years ago, Minoan Warm Period 3,500 years and and Holocene Climate Optimum between 9,000-6,000 years ago that was much warmer in the higher latitudes than this current period and featured much less Arctic sea ice. Sea levels are increasing at just over 1 inch.........per decade. The planet is massively greening up, from atmospheric fertilization based on the irrefutable law of photosynthesis and the best weather/climate in the last 1,000 years. My business predicts crop yields and energy use based on the weather/climate.  Crop yields and world food production is up 30% the past 2 decades,  just from those factors, on top of technological advances. The  drought and wildfires out West were caused from the current La Nina in the Pacific, which is COLD temperature anomalies in the tropical Pacific. Global warming can't cause colder ocean temperatures in that location. Fact is, because global warming will feature more El Nino's (warmer ocean temps) global climate models predict MORE precipitation along most of the West Coast. A warmer Pacific Ocean increases precipitation and protects from/reduces drought in the US. This is why the Cornbelt has had only 1 major widespread drought the last 33 years....in 2012(from the La Nina(cold water) leading up to that growing season.

The Midwest has been setting records for the least drought in the last 40 years............not in spite of climate change but because of it.

5 minutes agoGlobal drought has not increased. Excessive rain events have increased because the atmosphere can hold 6% more moisture. Heat waves have increased slightly but for the US, the hottest and driest decade........by a very wide margin was the Dust Bowl, 1930's. Hurricane strength can potentially increase slightly with ocean temps around 1 deg. C warmer. Cold weather still wipes out 15 times more humans than heat(used to be 20 times before we beneficially warmed) and it wipes out 200 times more life than heat. I'm sure that you're well intended and actually believe all the stuff in your article, some of it has some truth but please read these discussions I'm providing to assist you.  Thank you! You are very welcome to contact me at that site if you have any questions or want more legit science. My only objective is to educate people with real/authentic science. Hard to come by in a world dominated by so much disinformation used for politics that censors out legit science.   OK, your site does not allow me to pass on that link

5 minutes ago To get the link, go to "MarketForum" and put "Climate Reality" in the search engine box of the top right corner.
Thanks, Mike

Comments
By metmike - Jan. 28, 2021, 12:41 a.m.
Like Reply

metmike: Just one of hundreds of journalists that use junk science, false narratives and manufactured scenario's. They are everywhere, brainwashing us with these made up things to scare us into acting. The gatekeepers are only allowing articles like this thru, so people's understanding of climate science is an indoctrination into a made up climate crisis religion that does not exist.

We ARE having a climate optimum for life based on all standards of authentic science.

I will remind readers that, besides being an atmospheric scientist, I'm also an ardent, practicing environmentalist that believes strongly in conserving natural resources, cutting real pollution and developing clean,  renewable energy.

Most importantly, we should tell the truth and use authentic science based on empirical data.

+++++++++++++++++

The Climate Crisis Is Worse Than You Can Imagine. Here’s What Happens If You Try.

A climate scientist spent years trying to get people to pay attention to the disaster ahead. His wife is exhausted. His older son thinks there’s no future. And nobody but him will use the outdoor toilet he built to shrink his carbon footprint.

https://www.propublica.org/article/the-climate-crisis-is-worse-than-you-can-imagine-heres-what-happens-if-you-try?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Correction, Jan. 26, 2021: This story originally misstated the rate of the rise in temperature caused by global warming. The temperature will rise by a few tenths of a degree Celsius per decade, not by year.

metmike:  More junk science meant to scare people. There is no climate emergency. The planet is massively greening up with the best weather/climate in at least 1,000 years...........the last time it was this warm during the well documented Medieval Warm Period(over 100 studies).

They corrected their original statement of global warming that misstated a few tenths of a degree Celsius per year that was 30 times too high down to another misstatement of a few tenths of a degree Celsius per decade, which is still 2-3 times too high.

The accurately measured rate of global  warming is  .14 degrees Celsius.

Here it is:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/63698/

http://www.drroyspencer.com/wp-content/uploads/UAH_LT_1979_thru_December_2020_v6.jpg

"For comparison, the CDAS global surface temperature anomaly for the last 30 days at Weatherbell.com was +0.31 deg. C.

2020 ended as the 2nd warmest year in the 42-year satellite tropospheric temperature record at +0.49 deg. C, behind the 2016 value of +0.53 deg. C.

Cooling in December was largest over land, with 1-month drop of 0.60 deg. C, which is the 6th largest drop out of 504 months. This is likely the result of the La Nina now in progress.

The linear warming trend since January, 1979 remains at +0.14 C/decade (+0.12 C/decade over the global-averaged oceans, and +0.18 C/decade over global-averaged land)."

By metmike - Jan. 28, 2021, 1:07 a.m.
Like Reply

Are these ill informed reporters and scientists sincere and so its ok to sell/tell lies and junk science?

It's ok for readers and non scientists to be wrong, not understand things or to pass on fake science but its unacceptable for people, presenting themselves as experts, asking for readers to trust them as reliable sources to be THIS wrong.

HOW wrong is that?

By taking the current climate optimum and tricking people to believe its the complete opposite.............a climate emergency/crisis.

Hijacking climate science................. even rewriting climate science to take out previous, inconvenient warm periods, like the Medieval Warm Period that really did happen.

Here is the truth:

Climate Reality discussions            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/27864/

By mcfarm - Jan. 29, 2021, 8:19 a.m.
Like Reply

Its one thing for a journalist to uniformed about climate change/global warming but quite another for an entire Presidential office and his entire staff including the "czar" John Kerry to be spreading lies by the hour every day. This if the shoe was on the other foot would be considered criminal and more than likely impeachable. All the while flying around in their private planes, 25 car caravans, living in mansions with a carbon foot print of some  towns. telling coal and gas worker their jobs are gone but oh well you will just have to work where and when we tell you. This is beyond criminal.

By metmike - Jan. 29, 2021, 11:46 a.m.
Like Reply

Exactly right mcfarm!

And ironically, the yahooo atmospheric scientist/environmentalist from Indiana, who gets called a "denier" for calling attention to their flawed climate science, acts like this:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/64691/#64901

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/27498/