Registration
23 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - June 5, 2018, 10:51 a.m.

I am still planning to send out an invite to many people to try out our fixed forum..............after we get a few more issues resolved but want to make sure our Registration process is user friendly.

To test it out, I tried to register last evening using valid information and another user name but was unsuccessful. Am not sure if I was doing something wrong or there is a problem.

Please provide your feedback here, regarding what your experience was when registering. You can also include comments about other things. 

This could be part of the reason that we have less than 100 people registered after 6 months of the new MarketForum.

Comments
By mcfarm - June 6, 2018, 7:31 a.m.
Like Reply

I have had to re-register twice this week

By Jim_M - June 6, 2018, 8:32 a.m.
Like Reply

I had some problems initially registering when the new site was initiated and even contacted Julie about it.  I didn't get anywhere with that, but after a couple more tries I was able to get registered.  I couldn't tell you what the problem was and I haven't had any problems with that since.

By metmike - June 7, 2018, 12:28 p.m.
Like Reply

Our registration process is still broken. My apologies to those that have wanted to register and participate but have been locked out. The tech guys have been reminded of this problem again today. 

Please provide comments here (if you are registered already)

If you can't register, then send comments to "contact the moderator" and I will post them under this thread. 

Thanks,

metmike

By metmike - June 7, 2018, 12:29 p.m.
Like Reply

From June 7:

Not sure if I am registered, but just tried several times.
   Would like to comment on the softs

Bot ng 290 call near close wed---starting to perform
    Bot 90 ct call  around 9am---   really performing
 Your Name: Timothy J Creedon III

By metmike - June 7, 2018, 12:32 p.m.
Like Reply

From June 6:

this JPJT -a longtime member of the old forum.
  I have not been able to sign i or register on this new site.
 I have been trying and have aske MTP for help contacting Julie and whoever but that proved fruitless thru no fault of the plumber.
  When I try to register  using JPJT as user name (25 characters or less) it is rejected and i am advised to follow the guidelines-I think i am.the other info requested is provided so i just dont know.
 Sure would like to participate here but not being able to even contact moderstor in the past has made that impossible.
 Am I doing something wrong during the registration process.I think Ive got it right but it aint woeking.
 Thanks for your help with this site and hope you feel amply rewarded somehow.
 John
 Your Name: John Tornstrom

By pj - June 7, 2018, 12:50 p.m.
Like Reply

I was able to register last night, then log in, then post.

By metmike - June 7, 2018, 1:25 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks pj,

I am getting in now with some information.

pj,

Follow up to try to understand your statement

"I was able to register last night, then log in, then post."

You had posted here before and registered already many months ago. You should not have needed to register last night as we only need to register 1 time, then just use our username and if not logged in, log in with the password we picked when we registered that 1 time.

Since I show you registered from months ago already, am thinking that you did not actually register last night........or you would be popping up at the top of the list for those registered. 

Tell me what happened.

By tjc - June 7, 2018, 1:53 p.m.
Like Reply

Well, I tried to register, and failed.

Then I used the "FORGOT PASSWORD" method---it worked!

By metmike - June 7, 2018, 1:54 p.m.
Like Reply

I have been able to register numerous times in a row with the same information that was rejected earlier in the week.

Hopefully others will be able to do so. I will test it daily and keep this thread open for comments................keeping in mind that anybody that can comment here, must have been able to register.

If not, use the contact the moderator button and I will respond ASAP.

By metmike - June 7, 2018, 2:01 p.m.
Like Reply

By tjc - June 7, 2018, 1:53 p.m.            

" Well, I tried to register, and failed.

Then I used the "FORGOT PASSWORD" method---it worked"

Thanks tjc,

Maybe this was because you were already registered. I note that you registered, what looks to be several weeks ago.

By silverspiker - June 7, 2018, 2:20 p.m.
Like Reply

The Only Way I Could Register An Account Was With  A  "G-MAIL"  E-Mail Account

Yahoo Accounts Definitely Do Not Work... I Mentioned This To Julie Right Off The Bat ... HOWEVER...

By metmike - June 7, 2018, 2:44 p.m.
Like Reply

"Yahoo Accounts Definitely Do Not Work... I Mentioned This To Julie Right Off The Bat ..."

Thanks silverspiker,

I just tested it and got in with a yahoo email and noticed that there are a few others in 6 months with yahoo accounts that registered.

Maybe our registration dynamic was not working when you tried to register with your yahoo email and it was working when you registered with the gmail?

Regardless, I will keep an eye and keyboard on it because we must have an easy to use registration process that works everytime. 

By TimNew - June 7, 2018, 3:04 p.m.
Like Reply

Way back when I registered,   I tried several times..  Finally realized the process would not accept embedded blanks in the Handle/UserId..

What impressed me was the total lack of feedback..  No indication of whether it worked, or if not,  why not.

If it hasn't been addressed,  this definitely needs attention.

By metmike - June 7, 2018, 3:09 p.m.
Like Reply

I am being told that it has always worked great............ we must be doing something wrong. 

As you can tell, I am the feedbackmister, whether its good or bad.

By pj - June 9, 2018, 11:19 a.m.
Like Reply

Sorry, I didn't see your response til just now. I was asked to log in and it didn't recognize my password, so went through the procedure of "forgot password" and chose another. 

BTW just now I was asked to log in again and and did so to be able to post this.

By metmike - June 9, 2018, 11:26 a.m.
Like Reply

Wonderful pj,

It also lets us know that you're lurking out there (-:

By metmike - June 9, 2018, 2:28 p.m.
Like Reply

It looks like the problem with registration is fixed. The "I am not a robot" puzzle apparently was not functioning correctly. The one to the left of the registration fields,  that had a dozen squares, some of which had to be checked after inspecting all of them for the required items. 

After that was taken off, the registration process has worked flawlessly for me and much faster too.

Let me know if any other issues pop up using this thread or by using the contact the moderator button. I am happy to try to help.

By JP - June 9, 2018, 8:24 p.m.
Like Reply

Not a registration error, but we takes our help where we can get it! The search function returns zero results on searches by poster name (try a search for metmike if you doubt this -- it should return thousands of posts (g!)).

By metmike - June 9, 2018, 8:50 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks JP!

I will bring this to the attention of the tech guy.

By 7475 - June 9, 2018, 8:54 p.m.
Like Reply

metmike,

I just had to log in again and had no problems.

John-7475,JPJT

By metmike - June 9, 2018, 9:18 p.m.
Like Reply
By pll - June 9, 2018, 9:32 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike

I registered a long time ago and never had any trouble logging in. I have been a long time user of Forum. I had several conversations with you during the MF Global days . Also I dont remember what year it was but Harley and I kept missing the rains. I farm  in EC ILL 25 miles south east of Decatur. I really appreciateall the weather info you post we are getting on the dry side in this area.

PLL 

By metmike - June 9, 2018, 10:37 p.m.
Like Reply

Of course I remember you well PLL!

Good to read you!   I will try to keep the latest weather on here this Summer, even on weekends. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/4719/

I remember the good old days when we had numerous farmers posting daily. 

mcfarm and cutworm have been pretty active here the last few days. All of you need rain it still looks good....even though you missed it earlier.

If fact, looky here at the NWS afternoon update for rains the next 7 days............yeah, you'll believe it when you see it(-:  I've got my 1952 video of Gene Kelly's "Singing in the Rain" ready to play!

http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/p168i.gif?1528597841

http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/p168i.gif?1528597841