OH, MY!! ISRAEL VS PALESTINE
29 responses | 0 likes
Started by 12345 - Oct. 29, 2023, 4:32 a.m.

THIS IS CERTAINLY FULL OF CONTROVERSY.!!!!  I LIKEN IT TO > "BLAME ME FOR RACISM, JUST BECAUSE I'M WHITE / OR BLACK".  WHEN IN REALITY ~ I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH SLAVERY!!  GET OVER YOURSELVES!

"Netanyahu Got All the Warnings" - According to Former Head of Israeli Military Intelligence

Comments
By metmike - Oct. 29, 2023, 12:59 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks much, Jean!

I don't think that this was intentional which was only the first part of the conversation. 

The lady makes the best points starting around 8 minutes. Obliterating innocent people to get a small % of Hamas is a blatant war crime that 95% of the world sees and is inspiring MANY more new anti Israel militants than they are killing. I would guess at least 10X more but possibly 100X more. 

They should have just gone in with Special Forces to specifically target the bad guys and not imposed collective punishment on 2 million people, half of them children as if THEY were Hamas and absurdly called that defending Israel. 

Even if you would buy that argument, 95% of the world is not and you have to fully recognize that,

Even if you and less than 5% are convinced that these actions are completely justified, you MUST acknowledge the reality and existence of  those 95%, 2 billion of which are Arabs and the extreme anger and incentive that is being inspired BECAUSE OF these actions.

Ignoring that and blindly doing what they justify as doing the right thing for Israel is actually doing the most stupid thing that Israel has done for the future of Israel in history. 

By metmike - Oct. 29, 2023, 1:37 p.m.
Like Reply

I come from a MEGA pro Israel mindset.

From that time that I was in 1st grade and was taught the Israelites were God's chosen people, then especially WW-2 in history class. The thing I remembered about that war growing up, more than anything was what they did to the Jews in the Holocaust. Even after 60 years of accepting that reality, it's still hard to comprehend it. 

If somebody like me that loves Israel and still greatly admires Jewish people is incredibly outraged at what Israel is doing here, can you imagine how people that don't have that mindset feel? 

That's 95% of the world, including almost all the 2 billion Muslims. 

The Jews in WW-2 were the historical/global quintessential example of innocent victims that were deserving of reparations. 

Israel in 2023 is the quintessential example of actions, of the country of Israel committing war crimes against 2 million innocent people  that is maximizing global hatred for their country, along with hatred for Jewish people.

I'm not Jewish but can feel the pain of the Jewish communities right now because of my mindset. Unlike many, however, I'm able to completely separate those emotions to objectively analyze the big picture dynamics to independently analyze the authentic realities. 

This is providing 100X greater inspiration to terrorist groups than anything that existed before. What has happened can never be unseen and if you are living in Gaza and had family killed BY ISRAEL and were NOT for Hamas before this war, chances are you side with their hatred for Israel now )-: 

Biggest, catastrophic blunder by Israel in history by an extremely wide margin. They had the moral high ground, empathy and majority of the world mourning for their loss after the diabolical Hamas attacks on Oct. 7.

Their response has turned all the victims of THEIR RESPONSE, horrible war crimes on the innocent people in Gaza  into martyrs for the Hamas cause. Maybe, 100 times more people in the world hate Israel this month then those that hate Hamas compared to a month ago. 

Israel's actions, very sadly have caused billions to side with the cause of Hamas and softened the initial outrage of the Hamas atrocity, which is rapidly fading as we are bombarded with the CURRENT ongoing atrocity, day after day. 

This is a rock solid fact, not an opinion.

Living in the US and listening/reading sources like Fox with their round the clock war propaganda and DISinformation on this topic will tell you the opposite but they are wrong and you're being misled. 

By 12345 - Oct. 29, 2023, 2:01 p.m.
Like Reply
By mcfarm - Oct. 29, 2023, 2:15 p.m.
Like Reply

another top embarrassing moment for our once proud nation AS THE Biden adm allows a top diplomat from Iran come into our country, go before the joke of jokes, the UN and threaten us to our faces. Maybe after that speech we even fed that man  nice 3 star meal and paid for his luxury sweet. This is what soft, non decisive, passive non committal pussy footing policies do to terrorist.....add that to the billions we sent them and is it any wonder they are killing our on troops with our very own weapons we left in Aphg. and Iraq

By metmike - Oct. 29, 2023, 2:25 p.m.
Like Reply

They can blame Biden all they want but on this one, Israel's actions(made by its current leaders), with its blatant and diabolical war crimes, cutting off food, water and fuel and medical supplies/treatments to 2 million innocent people and bombing the crap out of 99% innocent people, including 50% children  the last 3 weeks is entirely responsible.

By metmike - Oct. 29, 2023, 2:46 p.m.
Like Reply

Previous threads:

Gaza humanitarian crisis          

56 responses |              

Started by metmike - Oct. 21, 2023, 2:47 p.m.  

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/99850/                                       

Gaza hospital explosion            

29 responses |              

Started by WxFollower - Oct. 17, 2023, 5:54 p.m.      

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/99753/

By metmike - Oct. 29, 2023, 2:56 p.m.
Like Reply

Israel's Mobileye CEO urges that Netanyahu be replaced immediately

Reuters

This would be the smartest thing that Israel can do at this point by an extremely wide margin. However, the catastrophic damage done by him and the people making decisions for Israel this month are forever.

No matter how bad things are in  most situations, the person or country has choices every single day.

Compared to yesterday:

Do I want to make things better?

Do I want to make things worse?

Do I want things to stay the same?

Getting rid of Netanyahu makes things BETTER than yesterday.

By 12345 - Oct. 29, 2023, 3:33 p.m.
Like Reply

MIKE ~  I'M NOT TAKING SIDES.  I'VE SAID IT BEFORE & I'LL KEEP SAYIN' IT: "THERE'S NO COUNTRY THAT HASN'T INFLICTED HEINOUS CRIMES."

I'LL REPEAT MYSELF >>>>>>  THERE IS REALLY NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT ~ GOD WILL BE THE DECISION MAKER... ALL IN DUE TIME ~ HIS TIME, NOT OURS

EZEKIEL 5-7 ~ "5 Thus saith the Lord God; This is Jerusalem: I have set it in the midst of the nations and countries that are round about her.

6 And she hath changed my judgments into wickedness more than the nations, and my statutes more than the countries that are round about her: for they have refused my judgments and my statutes, they have not walked in them.

7 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Because ye multiplied more than the nations that are round about you, and have not walked in my statutes, neither have kept my judgments, neither have done according to the judgments of the nations that are round about you;

Summary of the Book of Ezekiel  6 1/2 MINUTES  (OF THE OLD TESTAMENT)

THE ENTIRE BOOK IS ENLIGHTENING, IMO

By 12345 - Oct. 29, 2023, 4:21 p.m.
Like Reply
By mcfarm - Oct. 29, 2023, 5:14 p.m.
Like Reply

that is one pretty lame statement on Israel MM. They have several neighbors that you well know have threatened to kill every living Jew on earth and yet you wonder if Israel should defend itself. There is exactly one democracy in that part of the world and would the terrorists suddenly stop all aggressive moves if they succeed and end Israel? Of course not, do not remember OBL words that this war will not until the Muslims control the world. Lets not be children and even hint the terrorist can ever be pacified.

And by the way which side even warned the civilians and gave them days to leave before they made a single move to defend themselves?

By metmike - Oct. 29, 2023, 6:02 p.m.
Like Reply

"that is one pretty lame statement on Israel MM. And by the way which side even warned the civilians and gave them days to leave before they made a single move to defend themselves?"

Thanks much, mcfarm!

You won't find too many Gentiles that have been more pro Israel their entire life or that admire and love Jews  more than me. I state that often in my posts and  am doing it again here.

I seriously would be very perplexed at some of the things, like this that  you state.........except that I watch Fox News too (no doubt there are plenty of other far right sources to get it from).

According to Levin earlier this month, I'm part of a radical group that hates Jews and supports Hamas for having my views.

There's no fighting that or arguing with that, just identifying where its coming from. Then observing/watching it, analyzing it and trying to understand it and the impact on people that go there to get news interpreted to match their ideologies, then  explaining/exposing it. 

Always using objective, authentic data/evidence  based on the scientific method which first, before anything tries to prove ourselves wrong. Failing to do that means we must be right and we proceed. Sometimes though, using the scientific method, we find out that we're wrong about things and the correct response is to immediately ADJUST THE POSITION TO THE RIGHT ONE!

By 12345 - Oct. 29, 2023, 6:07 p.m.
Like Reply

Col Douglas Macgregor - "What is happening in Israel will trigger WW3 with Iran!.."

FINALLY, SOMEONE MENTIONS MY FAVORITE PRESIDENT, OF ALL TIME.   

By metmike - Oct. 29, 2023, 6:46 p.m.
Like Reply

Jean,

There's very few people that I would say are almost always right about most things, especially when disagreeing with mainstream views.

But this guy is one of them.  His insights are gifted. He has nailed point after point on our war with Russia. 

This is another interview featuring his profound points/ideas.  

He says that he's not optimistic and that we are going to march down this path to hell of our own making.

I've tried to imagine scenarios where that will NOT happen, using the scientific method.

There aren't any on this path. 

The best chance would be to CHANGE THE PATH and get rid of the current leadership in Israel and immediately work on a peace plan with people in Israel making a sincere commitment to that which acknowledges their past transgressions. There seems to be a less than 1% chance of that happening.

The other one would be for Biden to step in and trump Israel and start a process of substantive DE escalation and stop worrying about the politics, agenda, self serving interests, military-industrial-political complex and suddenly wake up to the ONLY chance to avoid WW3. 

His position of  intentionally CAUSING the war with Russian and doing everything in his power to drag it out, makes the chance of him being able to have the integrity, strength and objective  discernment to act like that is essentially at 0. 

But I mention it as one of the only chances that we have. 

By metmike - Oct. 29, 2023, 10:03 p.m.
Like Reply

95% of the world's population is NOT living in the United States and Israel. 2 billion are Muslims. 

When they do what they are likely to do as this escalates,  the people in the US that have been bamboozled by the propaganda won't be told why this was 99% predictable.........unless somebody in the US or Israel quickly steps in to stop the escalation.

95% of the world isn't focused on what we are being told is the ONLY important thing. 

Destroy Hamas..........nothing else matters.

Billions of people want justice for Palestinians. If we don't deal with that ASAP, it will cross thresholds that are points of no return including potential expanded wars in the Middle East that drag in enough countries to have a WW3.

Let me tell you something about that. We've been totally bamboozled about US military power regards to that realm.

Bidens speech earlier this month, suggesting that our weapons drawdown in Ukraine is not going to hurt us in defending democracy everywhere in the world. 

This is complete lunacy.

There is 10 times more to just having the most weapons stockpiled and 2nd most nuclear weapons(Russia is #1 for nuclear).

Israel and the US are only 5% of the global population.  Much of the other 95% has far, far, far less to lose than us and enormous numbers of people willing to risk that very little that they have to take us out. 

We have everything to lose. It's an ignorant, arrogant and compete denial mentality that can't see the current environment is much different than it was, even just a couple decades ago.

If there is a war in the Middle East, the question is not will we lose but is how much will we lose. Those countries have little to lose and everything to fight for. And the upside in our losses goes into unthinkable realms.

If China and Russia jump in our homeland is at high risk. China has the technology to shut down our communications, possibly shutting down the power grid system without firing 1 missile. Yes they do! 

They know where every power plant is. They know where all the key communication and internet centers are located. 

If they took out those systems first, we would be powerless to utilize our defense weapons systems.

Power to military bases could be completely lost. We would be frigging helpless to use any of that great military that everybody assumes makes us invincible. We would suddenly realize what the real risk is......AND IT WOULD BE TOO LATE.

That is the REAL WORLD in 2023 that they won't dare tell you about because it would completely obliterate the narratives they want you to believe.

We have individual terrorists in our country right now with nothing to lose being TOTALLY motivated by the United States abusing its power and will on other countries and selling it to our citizens, like Biden did earlier this month as "fighting for democracy" and "leading the world to fight evil"

The United States is the all time leader for doing the most global damage from our EVIL leaders. 

Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Ukraine are just the biggest ones that we are most familiar with but there were over 100 other ones that you never heard much about. 

War crimes committed by US show its evil foreign policy

By Bradley Blankenship  Published: May 26, 

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202305/1291437.shtml

Between the end of World War II and 2001, there were 248 armed conflicts in 153 regions across the world, among which 201 were initiated by the US. This means that the US has started the overwhelming majority of conflicts in the modern, postwar global security status quo. That is quite remarkable and shows just how nefarious Washington's influence is around the world.

+++++++++++

Politicians love wars and the U.S. is vulnerable                      

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/100127/

By metmike - Oct. 30, 2023, 3:09 p.m.
Like Reply

No need to read the news today to know that we had a DE escalation day today as viewed by the "Composite Man" which is the term for everybody in the market combined and their collective response.

Crude is -$3.15 at the moment.

That wouldn't be unless the crude market was taking out risk premium for an expansion of war in the Middle East. 

There are other factors that I don't know about but this one suggests LESS tensions between Israel and its enemies. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/99482/#99938

By 12345 - Oct. 30, 2023, 4:59 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - Oct. 30, 2023, 10:57 p.m.
Like Reply

I watched Hannity briefly tonight and listened to 2 completely  out to lunch guests that have played a strong role in R politics. Their ideas are scary because these guys are or were in key leadership positions.

1. Oliver North struggled to communicate with his guaranteed to work plan. Not sure if he's lost his communication skills or had been drinking. Anyways he stated that the US has a medical ship that could travel at top speed and reach a location off the coast of Gaza in 19 days. His plan would be to offer medical treatment to 5 injured people from Gaza for every 1 hostage that is released. He claimed that this would show Hamas and the world that the United States cares about the people of Gaza.

So we are to believe that 1 ship from the United States off their coast,  negates the US supporting Israel's killing thousands and injuring tens of thousands, cutting off fuel/electricity, depriving the entire population which is 99% innocent of food and  water as hospitals shut down from no electricity and medical supplies. 

I have a 1,000 times better idea that uses common sense...........open the border to ALL the waiting trucks of  supplies and humanitarian aid. 

2. This was followed by the most dangerous/irresponsible idea that anybody, anywhere could express.....from a high powered R in Congress. This shows the problem that we have with our bought and paid for (with millions of corrupt lobby money) leadership in Congress when it comes to making decisions in situations like this.

Lindsey Graham: "If 1 American gets injured or dies because of Iran's puppets, I'm going to be putting all the pressure I can on President Biden to attack Iran"

It starts just after the 1:25 point on the video below.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/lindsey-graham-calls-the-u-n-the-most-anti-semitic-body-on-the-planet-after-general-assembly-votes-for-ceasefire-resolution/

+++++++++++

This is EXACTLY what I was stating last night:

Politicians love wars and the U.S. is vulnerable            

Started by metmike - Oct. 29, 2023, 10:36 p.m.  

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/100127/

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/99662/#99695

USA TROOPS ARE IN ISRAEL???           

By metmike - Oct. 15, 2023, 4:57 p.m.            

Graham warns Iran if it escalates war in Israel, ‘We’re coming for you’

https://thehill.com/policy/international/4257048-graham-warns-iran-if-it-escalates-war-in-israel-were-coming-for-you/

+++++++++++++++

Hateful, inflammatory rhetoric intended to impress your base and get votes for self serving interests is always COUNTER productive!

As if this message will actually change Iran's plans 1 iota and help bring peace to the Middle East.

Guys like Graham, bought and paid for by the Military Industrial Political complex are peeing their pants with excitement over the potential for the US to get back in the fray in the Middle East.

"Owned by the Military Industrial Complex" - Why Lindsey Graham is a Warmonger  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So0jFO5sQO0

The Military-Industrial Complex and its Impact on Politics
(Professor Douglas Nelson, Political Economy)

https://digitallibrary.tulane.edu/islandora/object/tulane%3A122353/datastream/PDF/view

Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) received $100,558 from Lockheed Martin, $59,833
from Boeing, and $58,335 from Northrop Grumman in campaign contributions in his most recent
election cycle in 2020.

+++++++++++

The Republican Jewish Coalition has funneled more money to Lindsey Graham than any other group

https://forward.com/news/456950/the-republican-jewish-coalition-has-funneled-more-money-to-lindsey-graham/

++++++++++

Lindsey Graham                 

https://www.opensecrets.org/members-of-congress/lindsey-graham/summary?cid=N00009975             

ContributorTotalIndividualsPACs
Republican Jewish Coalition$102,555$102,555$0
US Dept of Defense$46,005$46,005$0
US Government$45,758$45,758$0
Nelson, Mullins et al$42,313$37,313$5,000
Blackstone Group$36,950$36,950$0

By metmike - Oct. 31, 2023, 8:47 a.m.
Like Reply

Jean,

The guest host makes wonderful points!

I have always been against the U.S. being responsible for perpetuating the Ukraine war by providing their military with most of their weapons as they gradually get killed off with almost no chance to win the war from the get go.

It's good that we have separated the aid between Ukraine and Israel. Biden clearly used the war with Israel to get another 60 billion to keep HIS WAR in Ukraine going..........instead of seeking peace(he shut down negotiations between Ukraine and Russia in 2021 because he wanted this war).

However, in viewing the blatant war crimes  going on in Gaza this month, I am against sending aid to Israel which endorses these atrocities. 

What is the point in blindly supporting a complete losing position just because they are our close ally?

The US is vetoing attempts by the United Nations to create a humanitarian pause so that the 99% of people that are innocent in Gaza can get food, water, power, medical aid/treatment. Only cold hearted  or politically biased or people in denial could not see whats' going on in Gaza.

The US is breaking our own law by funding a country that is creating blatant humanitarian violations. This is NOT Israel defending itself. This is revenge in the form of collective punishment on 2 million innocent people. 

Here's the thing on this issue.

One side decided from the get go what they want this to be. Those that claim its Israel defending itself, were convinced of that position the day of the horrific attacks on Oct. 7 and no matter how bad the worse and worse atrocities are in Gaza, they already decided and will defend that this is Israel defending itself.

The other side didn't get outraged (including me) until several days of  "Israel defending itself" turned  went 10X beyond any justifiable defense, then 20X, then 30X.

People convinced this is a defense won't change at 100X.

A continuation of the extreme punishment to 2 million people, half that are children that features extremely well defined humanitarian violations by every reasonable standard is only going to outrage the people that recognize that, more and more. 

The very small minority that wants to pretend its defense have completely lost the moral high ground for good on this issue. It's a complete loser position!!!

If this were a huge trading position, the most important thing to do would be to exit ASAP to stop the mounting losses. 

Doubling down/adding to the losses as the market continues against you for completely flawed reasoning, using wishful, thinking that lacks authentic objective analysis to see the 95% fundamental reason responsible for the current losses.

Defending or sending billions more into the trading account for margin calls just LOSES MORE ON THE TRADE!

The U.S. will never do this but we need to cut our losses on this monumental losing trade ASAP NOT fund it with more money which WILL, with certainty NOT go towards anything productive or that helps the position do better. 

95% of the traders in this market control it and they are adding to their positions that are the complete opposite of ours. We need to get out, or get run over. Ideally, if we were really smart traders, we would acknowledge the 95% and what they think and put on a position that lines up with where the market is going. The complete opposite of our current position.

In other words,  work towards a meaningful change that satisfies the Palestinian cause which is a legit one.

That's what got us here. It's the root cause and unless it gets resolved fast, we are headed to an expanding war.  

Everything points strongly to expanding war based on the mentality of both sides being so extremely in opposition to each other and unwillingness to see the other side. 

By metmike - Oct. 31, 2023, 9:22 a.m.
Like Reply

Israeli Influencers Are Mocking Palestinians Suffering in Gaza

https://www.newsweek.com/israeli-influencers-are-mocking-palestinians-suffering-gaza-1838655

++++++++++++++

In this age of high technology, with people going to just the infinite number of  sources that tell them what they want to believe(echo chambers) which amplifies their already existing belief systems and assumptions, I see very little hope in avoiding additional escalation and an expansion of the war.

The main element which is controlling things short term are the actions of Israel in Gaza right now. Their actions are the exact recipe to create a much wider conflict in the Middle East, which potentially spreads as countries that have already picked their sides provide various supportive actions to the countries directly involved.

With mentalities like Lindsey Graham, that want to attack Iran, even if 1 American is injured or killed, it's seems inevitable that our messed up politicians will have us in a major war very soon.

Unlike what the propaganda wants you to believe about a war with Iran, the fate for us would just be a matter of how big our losses would be.

Even if there was a chance of somehow winning, in winning our losses could be greater than anything we can imagine.

How would we win?

Take the Lindsey Graham view?

Fly planes halfway around the world and drop bombs on them all day for weeks?

Then, follow up with millions of soldiers?

Cut off their oil selling and wait for months and months for it to slowly take a toll on their entire population?

Then what?

What about their Arab neighbors that take their side? Other countries?

Even if we had a superior military, we are being completely ignorant of why THEY are fighting the war compared to why WE would be fighting the war. 

1. This is 100 times more important to the average Muslim actually living in the Middle East compared to us NON Muslims living on the other side of the planet in our blissful ignorance and comfort practicing our Christianity or whatever religion that isn't telling us what to do in this extremely personal war FOR THEM.

2. It's almost impossible to defeat people with that mindset. The smart thing to do is recognize it and adjust to keep peace because that mindset will never give up and you will always lose in the end.

3. We should have learned that in the past. None of our military interventions have resulted in lasting positive relationships between the US and the Arab countries, just the opposite.

4. Iran is NOT Iraq or Afghanistan.  This is not 1991 or 2003. There are 2 billion Muslims in the world now, too. We are being idiots to not recognize that the downside to our current position is unlimited and the upside is............??? There is none. We will NEVER convince the vast majority of people in the world that Israel is justified here and that the Palestinians are getting a fair deal.  0% chance of that....and it continues to go in the  complete opposite direction.

5. Like in Ukraine and our desire to continue to fight a war that can't be won. The upside? Ukraine getting to join NATO. The downside? A trillion times worse but look what we picked!! So history suggests that we usually make the really clear wrong and bad choice because peace is NOT the top priority for most of our politicians and the media propaganda will manufacture whatever scenarios they decide to use to collude or support the agenda of the side they align with. 

6. This looks extremely bleak at the moment.

By metmike - Oct. 31, 2023, noon
Like Reply

The fact that we are approaching 3 dozen journalists( 4 were killed by Hamas in Israel on Oct. 7)  and something like 40+ workers there to deliver help and humanitarian aid being killed is a really, really bad indicator that Israel is going down the  wrong path.

It seems more suicidal to their long term existence than a defense.

https://www.dhakatribune.com/world/middle-east/329675/report-31-journalists-killed-in-israel-hamas-war

+++++++++++++

Make that 60 humanitarian aid workers )-:

Remarks by Ambassador Linda Thomas-Greenfield at a UN Security Council Meeting on the Situation in the Middle East

https://usun.usmission.gov/remarks-by-ambassador-linda-thomas-greenfield-at-a-un-security-council-meeting-on-the-situation-in-the-middle-east/

We mourn the more than 60 UN staff who have been killed in Gaza since the start of this conflict. The lives of UN personnel must be protected. The lives of humanitarian workers must be protected. The lives of journalists must be protected.

The lives of all civilians – innocent civilians, Israeli and Palestinians, men and women, children and elderly – must be protected. There is no hierarchy when it comes to protecting civilian lives – a civilian is a civilian is a civilian.

+++++++++++

This is NOT Hamas exaggerating figures to make Israel look bad. Most people in the U.S. and Israel are not able to comprehend the gravity of this massive war atrocity because of the propaganda being fed to them by most news sources and politicians.

They are telling us what they want us to think. Since its also what most of us want to hear and read, we don't scrutinize it. We accept it and don't believe the censored stuff getting thru because our "go to" trusted sources told us something different.

By metmike - Oct. 31, 2023, 10:49 p.m.
Like Reply

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakba

The Nakba (Arabic: النكبة, romanized: an-Nakbah, lit.'the "disaster", "catastrophe", or "cataclysm"'),[1] also known as the Palestinian Catastrophe was the 1948 displacement of a majority of the Palestinian Arabs.[2][3] The term is used to describe both the events of 1948, as well as the ongoing occupation of the Palestinian territories (the West Bank and the Gaza Strip) and persecution and displacement of Palestinians throughout the region.[4][5][6][7][8]

The foundational events of the Nakba took place during and shortly after the 1948 Palestine war, including 78% of Mandatory Palestine being declared as Israel, the expulsion and flight of 700,000 Palestinians, the related depopulation and destruction of over 500 Palestinian villages by Zionist militias and later the Israeli army[9] and subsequent geographical erasure, the denial of the Palestinian right of return, the creation of permanent Palestinian refugees, and the "shattering of Palestinian society".[10][11][12][13] 

The expulsion of the Palestinians has since been described by some historians like Ilan Pappé and Nakba researchers, such as Salman Abu Sitta, as an ethnic cleansing,[14][15][16] but disputed by historian Benny Morris.[17] The Palestinian national narrative views the Nakba as a collective trauma that defines their national identity and political aspirations, which the Israeli national narrative rejects and views it as a war of independence that established Jewish aspirations for statehood and sovereignty.[18][19][20] The Palestinians mark 15 May as Nakba Day, the day after Israeli independence day.[21][22]

The Nakba greatly influenced the Palestinian culture and is a foundational symbol of Palestinian identity, together with "Handala", the keffiyeh and the symbolic key. Countless books, songs and poems have been written about the Nakba.[23] Palestinian poet Mahmoud Darwish described the Nakba as "an extended present that promises to continue in the future."[24][25]

By metmike - Nov. 1, 2023, 9:58 a.m.
Like Reply

They are controlling/censoring what information we read/hear in the U.S.

On Fox last night, for instance, they only discussed the Hamas attacks on Israel Oct. 7 and 100% blatantly distorted the authentic facts. Never mentioned the atrocities committed by Israel in Gaza one time. Not once!!!

This is going to escalate to something REALLY BAD!

Israel can only blame itself and they will take the U.S. with them, because our idiot war mongers, like Lindsey Graham, are bought and paid for mouthpieces for the Military-Industrial-Political complex and Jewish interests. Same thing with Nikki Haley. 

Unless they get rid of the current leaders in Israel and/or change their path, this will end very badly.

First civilians from Gaza enter Egypt; Netanyahu warns of ‘long war’: Live updates

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/01/israel-hamas-war-live-updates-latest-news-on-gaza-conflict.html

++++++++++++++

These people are just idiots making decisions based on ethnic hatred, anger, revenge and giving much less value to  the lives of other human beings, while arrogantly elevating their own self worth and cause to one of  blinded infallibility which leaves no room for adjustment to the realities seen by the majority that disagrees with them.

Just to repeat, I have been strongly pro Israel since being a 1st grader and learning about the Israelites, early in Catholic Church history. Then later, the Holocaust. I strongly condemn what Hamas did.

However, Israel has just sealed their future unless they change course abruptly.

By 12345 - Nov. 1, 2023, 11:02 a.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - Nov. 1, 2023, 5:46 p.m.
Like Reply

That was one of his many effective/convincing interviews.

Kennedy has mastered an art of politicians that they use when questioning(grilling) experts that are in disagreement with their agenda (he didn't need to use that strategy much this time because the experts agreed with him).

It's called asking "rhetorical questions"

They ask a question they already have the answer to and ask it in a way that only calls for a yes or no to a very narrowly defined part of the topic. If the witness tries to clarify for better understanding or context on why the narrowly defined yes or no is an exception to the overall understanding of whats really going on.......Kennedy, Cruz, Jordan or whoever will rudely interrupt them and tell them the question only calls for a yes or no.

Essentially, bullying any witness that disagrees with them by limiting any of their responses to only answers to narrowly defined elements of topics using rhetorical questions.

Rhetorical questions, like politicians use are sometimes known as "loaded questions and trick questions"

Loaded Questions: What They Are and How to Respond to Them

https://effectiviology.com/loaded-question/ 

A loaded question is a trick question, which presupposes at least one unverified assumption that the person being questioned is likely to disagree with. For example, the question “have you stopped mistreating your pet?” is a loaded question, because it presupposes that you have been mistreating your pet.

This type of fallacious question puts the person who is being questioned in a disadvantageous and defensive position, since the assumption in the question could reflect badly on them or pressure them to answer in a way that they wouldn’t otherwise.

++++++++++++++

Is this dishonest?

You better believe it is!!!

When people us this, in their questioning,  it's NOT an attempt to learn anything new from witnesses that can provide opinions about topics that they are experts on.

It's to use their own personal views and trick questions to discredit people that disagree with them!

Kennedy is the best at this, so people that like his positions, will love him doing it to his witnesses.

Again, he only used this technique briefly with his first witness because both his witnesses were on his side for this interview., especially #2!

By 12345 - Nov. 1, 2023, 10:49 p.m.
Like Reply

LOL   MIKE~ I BELIEVE CONGRESS IS ONLY ALLOWED 5 MINUTES FOR Q&A.  A WITNESS COULD BABBLE & PRATTLE ON FOR 5 MINUTES ON ONE QUESTION, HOPING THEY WON'T HAVE TIME FOR A 2ND ONE. LOL  

YEARS AGO, I TRICKED AN ATTORNEY INTO BREAKING THE CLIENT /  ATTORNEY PRIVILEGE LAW.

By metmike - Nov. 2, 2023, 12:11 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks much, Jean!

Newsmaker: Israel's Netanyahu faces reckoning over Hamas disaster

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2023-11-01/israels-netanyahu-faces-reckoning-over-hamas-disaster

By metmike - Nov. 3, 2023, 12:23 a.m.
Like Reply

Jesse Watters Throws Fuel On The Fire With Bigoted Rant About ‘The Muslim World’

https://news.yahoo.com/jesse-watters-throws-fuel-fire-114450289.html

By metmike - Nov. 4, 2023, 1:41 a.m.
Like Reply

Newborns, women and children are "disproportionately bearing the burden" of the war in Gaza, UN warns

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/israel-hamas-war-gaza-news-11-03-23/index.html

Some 9,155 people have been killed in Israeli attacks on Gaza since October 7, according to figures released Friday by the Palestinian Ministry of Health in Ramallah drawn from sources in the Hamas-controlled enclave. More than 23,000 others have been injured.

The ministry's report states that close to 73% of the fatalities belong to vulnerable groups, including children, women, and elderly individuals.

By 12345 - Nov. 4, 2023, 2:55 p.m.
Like Reply