I CERTAINLY WOULDN'T VOTE FOR SCALISE!!!
21 responses | 0 likes
Started by 12345 - Oct. 5, 2023, 6:06 p.m.
Comments
By mcfarm - Oct. 6, 2023, 5:56 p.m.
Like Reply

Jean, the way I understand the story is Jim Jordon was happy where is was at. He liked his committees. Had he ran in January this mess would of never had a chance to happen. Sad but true. Now he says he has decided he could do better for Americans has leader and I think he would do a fine job. Just hate to loose him on his committees where he has uncovered many things that are killing America.

By 12345 - Oct. 6, 2023, 7:01 p.m.
Like Reply

MCFARM ~  YOU'RE CORRECT IN SAYING HE WAS HAPPY.  HE STILL IS, BUT... HE ALSO LOVES HIS COUNTRY. I DON'T KNOW WHO COULD REPLACE HIM IN COMMITTEE, THO.

YES, HE SAID SCALISE IS QUALIFIED FOR SPEAKER.  I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH HIM ON SCALISE!  I HAD GRREAT RESPECT FOR SCALISE, UNTIL... DONNA SHOWED UP ON THE SCENE & HE SAID HE IS PERSONAL FRIENDS WITH HER.  BLEH!  DOWN THE DRAIN WENT MY RESPECT FOR HIM.

I BELIEVE JIM JORDAN IS SMART ~ SHARP & STRONG ENOUGH FOR THE JOB.

WE'LL SEE!  IF THEY VOTE SCALISE, IT WILL BE THE SAME OLD GAMES BEIN' PLAYED, IMO.

By metmike - Oct. 6, 2023, 8:07 p.m.
Like Reply

I like Jake Tapper from CNN.

I also have a problem with Jim Jordan because of his role in trying to overturn the 2020 presidential election after it was solidly confirmed to be the most secure presidential election in the history of our country.

However, I do like many other things about him and somebody has to be the speaker ASAP!

Tapper: Prominent Republicans issue warning about Jim Jordan

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2023/10/06/jake-tapper-jim-jordan-ties-to-january-6-vpx-lead.cnn

By metmike - Oct. 6, 2023, 8:08 p.m.
Like Reply

Interesting story!

Inside Trump's earlier secret bid for House speaker as McCarthy nomination drama unfolded

From ABC News Chief Washington Correspondent Jonathan Karl's upcoming book.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/inside-trumps-earlier-secret-bid-house-speaker-mccarthy/story?id=103779066

+++++++

This was obviously Matt Gaetz demonstrating who he is.........and why he prefers chaos and attention to himself for self serving interests as opposed to productively working for the American people or even for his party.

Almost Anyone Can Become the House Speaker, Except Donald Trump

• House GOP rules prohibit a speaker who’s indicted for a felony
  • Former president says he’s focused on run for the White House

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-10-04/can-trump-become-speaker-of-the-house-indicted-ex-president-not-eligible#xj4y7vzkg

McCarthy ousted as Speaker: What comes next?

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4240428-mccarthy-ousted-as-speaker-what-comes-next/

Trump endorses Jim Jordan as next House speaker

The former president was “50-50" on coming to D.C. amid the speakership fight. Now, he’s throwing his weight behind the Ohio Republican.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/10/06/trump-endorses-jim-jordan-as-next-house-speaker-00120312

++++++++++

If Jordan wins, the Ds will have sabotaged themselves by not having the guts to save a wonderful speaker like McCarthy. Not 1 vote. Every D voted to get rid of him in order to create chaos for the United States of America in order to blame it entirely on the Rs. 

McCarthy was very willing to negotiate and try to work things out on many issues. But apparently,   that's not what the Ds want. 

Note, one of them being deranged enough to pull a fire alarm to see if he would get the government to shut down as they got very close to the deadline and had finalized an agreement. ........he wanted so bad for the Rs to be blamed for a government shutdown, that he was willing to break the law!

Jamaal Bowman’s fire alarm stunt was criminal and unethical. Journos want it to go away

https://nypost.com/2023/10/04/bowman-pulling-the-fire-alarm-was-criminal-and-unethical-journos-want-it-to-go-away/

By 12345 - Oct. 6, 2023, 8:23 p.m.
Like Reply

LOL  TAPPER BOOTED ME FROM THE ABC FORUM, YEARS AGO!

I STILL WEAR THAT AS A BADGE OF HONOR!!  LOLOLOL

By metmike - Oct. 7, 2023, 1:53 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks, Jean!

This potentially could turn pretty ugly if the Rs can’t unite for 1 candidate.

Their  majority is so slim and Ds have no intention of helping so  it takes almost every R vote at time of the R party being pretty divided byTrump.

Some Moderate Rs may be hesitant to vote for Jordan    because of his close ties with Trump and Jan.6th. To get a speaker soon, some Rs will need to vote for somebody they don’t like.

So sad, what they did to the person best qualified for the job and who kept the government from shutting down when many thought that to be impossible.

A huge part of being a good speaker is to get bills passed and keep the government running.

I know you disagree and i appreciate your opinion  but since our government is so extremely divided right now, and the majority so tiny for the Rs, with them hung? having their own division, one of the biggest challenges is to keep things moving.

A scenario that features the government being shut down for many weeks is bad for everybody!

Do you have reasons for thinking this is a good thing?

By 12345 - Oct. 7, 2023, 9:52 a.m.
Like Reply

MIKE ~ "Do you have reasons for thinking this is a good thing?"

IMO ~ WHEN ANYTHING THAT WAS CREATED TO BE A GOOD THING, TURNS INTO SOMETHING SO POLARIZED THAT IT BREAKS DOWN, THERE IS NEVER A GOOD THING ABOUT IT... EVER.  BE IT A FAMILY ~ A MARRIAGE ~ A FRIENDSHIP ~ A BUSINESS ~ A GOVERNMENT, ETC.

THERE ARE ALWAYS TELL-TALE SIGNS AS THE BREAKDOWN BEGINS ~ THE VAST MAJORITY OF HUMANS TEND TO IGNORE THEM & HOPE THEY GO AWAY.  IN REALITY, THAT IS THE WRONG APPROACH & OPENS THE DOOR TO A COMPLETE SHATTERING.

EVERY BREAKDOWN BEGINS WITH SOME FORM OF DECEIT...EVERY BREAKDOWN. (PACK ANIMALS "NIP IT IN THE BUD")

THERE WAS REASON WHY MCCARTHY HAD SO MANY HISTORICAL ROUNDS OF VOTING, IN THE FIRST PLACE.  HE PROVED THEM OUT, IN THE LONG RUN. HE MADE PROMISES HE DIDN'T EVEN ATTEMPT TO KEEP.

THERE SHOULD BE "SET IN STONE" HARSH MONETARY PENALTIES IN GOVT., FOR BEING DECEITFUL.  MONEY TALKS LOUDER THAN ANYTHING, TO MOST PEOPLE.

I COULD WRITE A BOOK ON THE SUBJECT.  LOL

By metmike - Oct. 13, 2023, 1:02 a.m.
Like Reply

Steve Scalise drops out of speaker’s race as House GOP faces leadership crisis    

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/12/politics/steve-scalise-speaker-fight/index.html

By 12345 - Oct. 13, 2023, 4:24 a.m.
Like Reply

EARLIER THAN THAT ARTICLE... I SAW A HEADLINE: "SCALISE NOMINATED FOR SPEAKER" I JUST "KNEW" THAT WASN'T GONNA STICK & DIDN'T WASTE MY TIME READING IT! LOL

I'LL SAY THAT THOSE THAT OPPOSE JORDAN... HAVE PERSONAL REASONS ~ LIKE MAYBE "INSIDE TRADERS" THAT DON'T WANNA LOSE THEIR CASH FLOW!

By metmike - Oct. 13, 2023, 7:10 p.m.
Like Reply

I respectfully disagree, Jean.

The ones that got us into this awful predicament by firing the best speaker were practicing the Trump brand of politics destroying the R party and our country.

I actually like Jordan personally  but have the same legit  concerns that some Rs have and every D has.

Hes too far right and has supported some bogus Trump stuff that suggests he picks and chooses his ethical positions based on politics.

But somebody needs to be speaker ASAP, so let it be him and get it over with(though that may not happen).

The Ds could have saved McCarthy if just a few had voted for him. 

Shows how people will blindly adhere to , unquestioning politics while maintaining a tribalism mentality to hurt the other party even at the potential expense of burning themselves in the end.

How many Ds, given only 2 choices, would pick Jordan over McCarthy?

Anyway, the Ds seem to prefer chaos blamed entirely on Rs than to what was best for our country when everyone of them fired McCarthy.

Yeah, a handful of Rs got all the blame and that’s exactly what they relished the most.

How ironic that McCarthy got tossed because he wasn’t far right enough for a few and he was too far right for the rest That canned him.

If Trump had never been born, the far right element would not exist and the separation between the extremes would be less.

Our country would be MUCH less divided. 

There would be more Rs in Congress.

McCarthy would still be speaker.

Congress would be functioning right now. 

Biden would either not be president or would stand no chance against whoever the Rs ran.

But the majority of R voters have Had their brains captured by the greatest political charlatan in history by a galaxy sized wide margin…… telling them what they want to hear and believe.

For those in the Trump cult, I might as well be typing that in a foreign language!

They can’t fathom that their guy is mentally ill based on a legit, medical definition. Suffering from  severe grandierism.

Instead of getting treatment, his pathological mental illness is being massively fed by the adulation of him by tens of millions.

Reinforcing everything that is at the root of his mental illness.

He’s completely convinced that he can break laws and overturn elections because it’s impossible for him to conceive that the almighty Donald Trump could have lost.

According him, only people lying to destroy him would see him as anything other than infallible. The greatest president ever. The greatest man to ever walk the earth. 

Clearly a mental illness by every authentic OBJECTIVE psychological evaluation!

By 12345 - Oct. 13, 2023, 7:32 p.m.
Like Reply

MIKE ~  THE D'S VS THE R'S.... PUTS ME IN MIND OF CHARLIE BROWN ALWAYS BELIEVING HE WAS GONNA GET TO KICK THAT FOOTBALL.. LOL  LUCY WAS A SHREWD ONE.  HAHAHAHHAAA

By metmike - Oct. 13, 2023, 7:56 p.m.
Like Reply

I loved watching the Charlie Brown cartoons as a kid!

Some things were much better back then!

Some things are much better today. All technology is doing things we couldn’t have imagined as kids, Jean!

However, we landed on the moon in the 1960s, which was at the same time that we were watching those Charlie Brown cartoon specials on 1 of the 3 main tv network stations  in our homes.

By metmike - Oct. 14, 2023, 1:58 p.m.
Like Reply

Charlie Brown Halloween Great Pumpkin   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8pxCYGQvW8

Lucy and Charlie Brown football kicking at the 45 second mark.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_the_Great_Pumpkin,_Charlie_Brown

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown is a 1966 American animated Halloween television special based on the comic strip Peanuts by Charles M. Schulz. The third Peanuts special, and the second holiday-themed special, to be created, it was written by Schulz along with director/animator Bill Melendez and producer Lee Mendelson. The cast included Peter Robbins as Charlie Brown, Christopher Shea as Linus Van Pelt, Sally Dryer as Lucy Van Pelt, and Melendez as Snoopy. The special features music composed by jazz pianist Vince Guaraldi, whose contributions include the theme song "Linus and Lucy". It aired on broadcast television every year from its debut in 1966 until 2020 when it became an Apple TV+ exclusive.

++++++++++++

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_the_Great_Pumpkin,_Charlie_Brown

Apollo 11 (July 16–24, 1969) was the American spaceflight that first landed humans on the Moon. Commander Neil Armstrong and Lunar Module Pilot Buzz Aldrin landed the Apollo Lunar Module Eagle on July 20, 1969, at 20:17 UTC, and Armstrong became the first person to step onto the Moon's surface six hours and 39 minutes later, on July 21 at 02:56 UTC. Aldrin joined him 19 minutes later, and they spent about two and a quarter hours together exploring the site they had named Tranquility Base upon landing. Armstrong and Aldrin collected 47.5 pounds (21.5 kg) of lunar material to bring back to Earth as pilot Michael Collins flew the Command Module Columbia in lunar orbit, and were on the Moon's surface for 21 hours, 36 minutes before lifting off to rejoin Columbia.

By 12345 - Oct. 14, 2023, 6:27 p.m.
Like Reply

I GOTTA SAY LUCY WAS A LIBERAL.  CHARLIE WAS A TRUSTING CONSERVATIVE... THAT NEVER LEARNED A LESSON FROM HER.  LOL

FOOL ME ONCE, SHAME ON YOU!  FOOL ME TWICE, SHAME ON ME!

By metmike - Oct. 14, 2023, 8:25 p.m.
Like Reply

One of my favorite characters in that show was a bit different. Schroeder.

Beethoven According to Peanuts

https://www.google.com/search?q=schroeder+playing+theme&sca_esv=573515125&hl=en&sxsrf=AM9HkKn0pFHXEhwUzt0qTIkCzO7klXz-7Q%3A1697325030394&ei=5h8rZY_WF_-KptQPjJG78AU&ved=0ahUKEwiP4YS81PaBAxV_hYkEHYzIDl4Q4dUDCA8&uact=5&oq=schroeder+playing+theme&gs_lp=Egxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAiF3NjaHJvZWRlciBwbGF5aW5nIHRoZW1lMgUQIRigATIFECEYoAEyBRAhGKABSI4fUNEKWPcccAB4ApABAJgBcqAB4weqAQM0Lja4AQPIAQD4AQHCAgQQABhHwgIEECMYJ8ICBRAAGIAEwgIGEAAYFhgewgIIEAAYigUYhgPiAwQYACBBiAYBkAYI&sclient=gws-wiz-serp#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:dc8398fb,vid:kuQBjuySvyw,st:0

Peanuts Theme Piano Cover

https://www.google.com/search?q=schroeder+playing+theme&sca_esv=573515125&hl=en&sxsrf=AM9HkKn0pFHXEhwUzt0qTIkCzO7klXz-7Q%3A1697325030394&ei=5h8rZY_WF_-KptQPjJG78AU&ved=0ahUKEwiP4YS81PaBAxV_hYkEHYzIDl4Q4dUDCA8&uact=5&oq=schroeder+playing+theme&gs_lp=Egxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAiF3NjaHJvZWRlciBwbGF5aW5nIHRoZW1lMgUQIRigATIFECEYoAEyBRAhGKABSI4fUNEKWPcccAB4ApABAJgBcqAB4weqAQM0Lja4AQPIAQD4AQHCAgQQABhHwgIEECMYJ8ICBRAAGIAEwgIGEAAYFhgewgIIEAAYigUYhgPiAwQYACBBiAYBkAYI&sclient=gws-wiz-serp#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:3d416b2e,vid:OQybajU2GNk,st:0

I never took piano lessons and can't read sheet music but can play by ear and have composed a couple hundred little songs, some of them a bit silly.

I learned to play most of the Peanuts theme, 2nd song above from just listening to it. 

Back in the 1980's, we had a piano in the studio at the WEHT-TV station where I worked (for a kids show in the mornings-Peggy Michell Show) and my wife saw how much fun I would have on that piano between the 6p and 10p news. 

So for Fathers Day in 1988 she got me a really crappy piano for $100.

I loved it and would pound away for hours, despite the broken keys and being out of tune.

So she decided to join the fun and took lessons that Fall.  After a couple of sessions with a teacher that had a nice piano, she said that she couldn't practice on our crappy one and needed something much better.

I was a penny pincher but to make her happy, we got a new one. Because I was a tv celeb. Shuttler Music sold us a baby grand piano for $8,000, which was about their cost. 

I still had just as much fun but she had a real nice piano to practice on. She took lessons for around 6 months but found out that it wasn't as much fun. I had a special gift that caused me to play that way and it was very challenging for her to learn with sheet music(she loves music, is a great singer and is brilliant but found the learning very, very slowly with sheet music lessons. Tedious and NOT much fun at all)

I learned all the songs in her 2 books in a couple of weeks and tried to learn to read sheet music. It was totally different than playing by ear or from your head and not nearly as much fun and I still can't read sheet music from sight. 

So she quit after 6 months because it was much more work than fun..........and we still have the piano!

However,  I stopped using the baby grand piano at the end of 2000 because on Christmas  that year, she got me this:

Kurzweil Mark 152i Digital Baby Grand

https://vimeo.com/364508355

The demo has a miniscule fraction of the 325 instruments/sounds/variations this wonderful device can make with its 200 watt speaker system.

The biggest issue that I had after we got it is that I would forget what time it was when playing and was late to events.

Unfortunately, I need a right shoulder replacement which has minimized my playing the last 8+ years )-:

By 12345 - Oct. 15, 2023, 8:34 a.m.
Like Reply

LOL  GOOGLE SHUTS THE PAGE DOWN & SENDS ME BACK HERE.  WHY??? BECAUSE I WON'T LOG IN.  NEVER HAVE & NEVER WILL.  THEIR LOSS, NOT MINE! I USE "DUCK DUCK GO"

By metmike - Oct. 15, 2023, 2:18 p.m.
Like Reply

Jean,

Sorry about that.

I can play that video without logging in to Google but maybe I'm already logged into Google and don't know it?

Anyway, you get the point on this musical instrument that is able to be EVERY musical instrument that exists by just pressing the right button and using the keyboard.

Dozens of ways to enhance or combine the instruments/sounds with an incredible sound system. 

All of that sitting in the corner of one of our rooms!

My wife goes insane spending money to buy gifts and it makes me cringe. She grew up in the projects with nothing and justifies that for going bonkers buying stuff, often for family members, so she's very generous with the money.

However, I have some really neat stuff that I would NEVER buy for myself thanks to her.

The ONLY time I shop is to do the grocery shopping or buy hardware tools or landscaping stuff.  Almost every clothing item that I own came from Christmas, Fathers Day and on my birthday. 

By 12345 - Oct. 16, 2023, 11:01 a.m.
Like Reply

MIKE ~ "Anyway, you get the point on this musical instrument that is able to be EVERY musical instrument that exists by just pressing the right button and using the keyboard.

Dozens of ways to enhance or combine the instruments/sounds with an incredible sound system. "

I KNOW A COUPLE OF PEOPLE THAT HAVE THEM... THEY'RE FASCINATING.

50 YEARS AGO, AT A STATLER CONCERT.  THEY HAD A GUITAR THAT COULD "PLAY" DIFFERENT INSTRUMENTS.  50 YEARS AGO!!  LOL

By metmike - Oct. 16, 2023, 3:24 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - Oct. 16, 2023, 3:33 p.m.
Like Reply
INSTITUTE OF MUSICAL INSTRUMENT TECHNOLOGY

A to Z of  Musical Instrument                       

This is a list of musical instrument known around the world. We will over time be adding sound files plus a short history of each instrument

https://www.imit.org.uk/pages/a-to-z-of-musical-instrument.html

A history of world music in 15 instruments

https://www.britishmuseum.org/blog/history-world-music-15-instruments

By 12345 - Oct. 16, 2023, 3:40 p.m.
Like Reply

I LOVE TO HEAR THE DULCIMER.    Mountain Dulcimer

SUCH AN ART    AND, THE HARP