THE POLTICAL DIVIDE
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by 12345 - Aug. 4, 2023, 5:17 p.m.
Comments
By metmike - Aug. 4, 2023, 7:47 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks, Jean.

This takes it into a different realm which I've discussed before.

There are some incredible differences in men/women that go deep into our psyche's.

Unfortunately for the human race, men commit most violent crimes and almost exclusively are responsible for warfare. 

As a chess coach to 4,000+ students, I can see this, especially in the older ages.

I've had several brilliant young women chess players and this is not about who's smarter. 

In the high school state level competitions, its' 95% males.  It's in their DNA to compete with and defeat others on the chess battlefield. Trying to out strategize and crush their opponents using their 16 piece army vs the other person's 16 piece army.

I have no doubt that if Putin, Biden and Zelensky were all women, with the same circumstances they would had peace.

If you replace any 1 of them with a woman, I contend that there would have been no war. Even Hillary Clinton who has a male thinking mentality(but not the Biden personal corrupt connection to Ukraine that caused this )  would have prevented this war.........but that one is a guess.

H. Clinton is an exception to the rule and there are others.

Masculinity and war–let’s talk about it

https://blogs.icrc.org/law-and-policy/2018/03/15/masculinity-and-war-let-s-talk-about-it-more/

Why war is a man’s game

https://news.st-andrews.ac.uk/archive/why-war-is-a-mans-game/

By 12345 - Aug. 5, 2023, 10:19 a.m.
Like Reply

LOL  I'VE NEVER REALLY GIVEN MUCH THOUGHT TO DEFINING THE WORDS; MASCULINITY & FEMINITY, UNTIL NOW.  LOL  I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DEFINE, EITHER!

MAYBE, BEING RAISED BY A MOM THAT "DID IT ALL", "TAINTED" MY WAY OF THINKING?

ALL I CAN COME UP WITH IS... EQUALITY.

I KNOW MALE BRAINS & FEMALE BRAINS ARE DIFFERENT, IN SOME ASPECTS, BUT...... THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MASCULINITY & FEMINITY, IMO.

LIKE: "THAT'S A MANS' JOB, OR A WOMANS' JOB!"  THAT HAS NEVER MADE ANY SENSE TO ME!  IF A PERSON CAN DO A JOB, WHO CARES WHAT GENDER THEY ARE?! NOT I!

LOL

By metmike - Aug. 5, 2023, 10:43 a.m.
Like Reply

Agreed, Jean!

we should be as color blind and gender blind as possible when applying standards that should not matter or don’t play a legit role.

I've been blessed and cursed with an extreme male thinking brain that was in my DNA from birth and got revved up from parts of my environmemt and alcohol.

I had extremely high testosterone, could bench press 350 lbs, got into a dozen bar fights growing up in Detroit and was extremely, stupidly impulsive. 

luckily, I learned lessons and have continued to evolve to be the complete opposite type of person with hard, constant work. 

but I remember how my mind worked before the changes. It couldn’t grasp my perception of  authentic realities the way that it can today.

When I was doing bad stuff, I justified that behavior in a way that left me sincerely convinced that it was right. I lacked much of a conscience because of not worrying about hurting other people. I didn’t do it intentionally!

The main point is that almost everybody can change for the better.

we can build on strengths and try to eliminate weaknesses but always stay humble and objective/honest enough to obtain refined discernment. 

Most  men/people were  not gifted with the same blessings and wonderful opportunities that were given to me that led to my insights and positive changes. 

Being grateful and wanting to share our gifts  is the best  way that we can make a positive difference. 

Even if it’s the gift of being happy. Say high to strangers. Be a good friend to cause others to feel happy when they interact with us.

By 12345 - Aug. 5, 2023, 10:11 p.m.
Like Reply