A Tsunami is coming.
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by cfdr - Dec. 9, 2017, 8:36 p.m.

There is a tsunami coming aimed at Washington.  The signs are everywhere now.  Trump has been uncharacteristically quiet.  Sessions has been, when aggressively questioned by congressmen, almost smug.  We see a judge, for no apparent reason, recuse himself.  We have seen an agent taken off the Russian collusion investigation - for sending text messages.  We see the FBI withholding information their bosses in congress demand.  This past week, we see what look like leaks that were setting up the leakers to be exposed.

Get ready.  Trump loves making a Big Splash.  None of this gradually filtering out findings.  It must be The Big Splash.  And, my guess is that it will come before Christmas.

What is Mueller's part in this?  Assumption #1:  He wants, above all else, to protect the FBI.  Assumption #2:  He most likely wants to protect his reputation.  I have to assume also that he chafed at working for Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch.  It appears that they did everything possible to politicize the FBI and the DOJ.  I just have to assume that Mueller hates what they did to his FBI.

Like Bette Davis said - Buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Comments
By cfdr - Dec. 10, 2017, 7:20 a.m.
Like Reply

https://theintercept.com/2017/12/09/the-u-s-media-yesterday-suffered-its-most-humiliating-debacle-in-ages-now-refuses-all-transparency-over-what-happened/

Was it Sessions, or was it Rosenstein who talked about finding the leaks quite some time ago?  The events recently, especially this week, sure look like sting operations.

As one commenter said (another article), maybe Tucker will get an exclusive interview with Adam Schiff from prison.  (g)

By mcfarm - Dec. 10, 2017, 8:06 a.m.
Like Reply

While I have no idea what's to happen this remains. Comey and his aides have their finger prints all over this mess. From the fake Hillary intent, to the memo claiming she was innocent before the investigation, to the fake dossieau the brought this entire mess forward paid for by the dnc. Is Mueller going to have enough backbone to turn on his bestest friend ever and his political partner the fbi? The swamp and the deep state run really deep

By cfdr - Dec. 10, 2017, 12:01 p.m.
Like Reply

I would keep a couple of things in mind here - FWIW.

Mueller's (presumed) priority is to preserve whatever he can of the reputation of the FBI.  Remember - his boss was Eric Holder.  Comey's boss was Loretta Lynch.  Think about how they might have chafed at talking orders from those two.  Their only alternative would have been to resign - and let the politicians name their replacements.  They might have been put in a very difficult situation.  Assuming that the loved their FBI, think about how they would have felt as more and more political people were brought into the organization.  What are the odds that they desperately want housecleaning done too?

This is, of course, all speculation.  But I don't think we should rush to conclusions just yet.  My sense is that there are really big changes coming - and my feeling is that it will be sooner rather than later.  I will certainly be disappointed if this does not happen.  At this time, we have no idea whether Mueller is working to destroy Donald Trump, or whether he is working with Trump and Sessions - and keeping up a very good disguise about what he is really up to.  Or, if he has been working to destroy Trump, can he be turned if a deal is made to clean out the FBI and get it back to what it is supposed to be.  IMHO, again, there could be no one who is more disgusted with what the politicians have done to the FBI than Robert Mueller.

We should know soon.