Former GA GOP Lt Gov Duncan voting Biden
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by WxFollower - May 7, 2024, 2:33 a.m.

Former Georgia Republican Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan says he is voting for Biden in November

Former Georgia Republican Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan on Monday said he will vote for President Joe Biden in November, arguing former President Donald Trump “has disqualified himself through his conduct and his character.”

“Donald Trump’s not a Republican. He doesn’t represent our brand. He doesn’t represent our future. He’s a horrible human being at this point, we’re watching that play out hour by hour in the courtroom,” Duncan said. “It’s time to move on.”

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/05/06/politics/georgia-geoff-duncan-biden-2024-endorsement

Comments
By mcfarm - May 7, 2024, 6:19 a.m.
Like Reply

as he is a Georgia voter he actually does not know who he will vote for. Now as to who he should vote for that is a different matter. one would think despite character {yes we have had many poor character Presidents} he would pick one who has policies that are great for America.

By WxFollower - May 7, 2024, 10:44 a.m.
Like Reply

Hey mcfarm,

What do you mean by this?

“as he is a Georgia voter he actually does not know who he will vote for.”

By metmike - May 7, 2024, 11:46 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks, Larry!

'Worst VP in history': Kamala Harris trolled for shrugging off reporters’ questions about Hamas with sarcastic response

https://news.meaww.com/worst-vp-in-history-kamala-harris-trolled-for-shrugging-off-reporters-questions-about-hamas-with-sarcastic-response

++++++++++++++++++

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/media-entertainment-arts-worldwide-meaww-com/

By WxFollower - May 7, 2024, 12:28 p.m.
Like Reply

Hey Mike,

As bad as Harris is (and I realize she'd have a good chance to become Pres if Biden were to win), I'd even vote for her over Trump. That shows how horrible I think Trump is. I never even considered voting for him in 2016 due to his tendency to encourage the most divisiveness by a national politician in my memory (including in his own party) and that by a wide margin. That's only gotten worse. And then came the 2020 election and Jan 6th. No way, Jose!

Unfortunately, Trump will question the 2024 election if he loses.   

By metmike - May 7, 2024, 12:48 p.m.
Like Reply

I hear you about that, Larry!

If Biden wins,  it will be the result of many millions, like you that vote NOT Donald Trump. 

After what Trump did following the last election, I thought it would be impossible for him to run again.

Then, after I was proven wrong about that, I thought it would be impossible for me to vote for him again(like I did in 2016-Never Clinton).

However, as a chess coach, I teach my students that the most important move in the game is usually...........WHAT YOUR OPPONENT DID LAST!

Many chess matches are lost by a person that is winning.  Because that person has a great plan and knows they have just X number of moves until it results in a victory.

They are so focused on THEIR winning strategy, they will completely miss seeing the opponents strategy in which the opponent can win in X-1 moves.  1 less than their winning strategy, which never gets implemented to the final "check mate" move because the game ends with them losing by a surprise since they were focused on their offense and neglected their defense.

How that applies here, for me is that during the past 2 years, I dialed in JOE BIDEN's performance and suddenly the NOT goes away for me in NOT Donald Trump. 

This also applies to using the scientific method.

Always look for reasons for why you MIGHT BE wrong.  Or reasons for why people that disagree with you MIGHT BE right.

I usually post here with high confidence about stuff but almost always, that comes AFTER I found data/evidence and authentic facts first and only then use them to take a position here. 

However, the best choice for president here is NOT one of those things clearly defined things. Both choices are horrible and you can make rock solid cases for why either one should NEVER be president. 

I agree strongly with both sides about why the OTHER one is a really bad choice. 

By mcfarm - May 7, 2024, 1:27 p.m.
Like Reply

yes MM. both are lacking but what are you gonns do? My pick, De Santis never caught hold and I will vote,  no matter what. Too many have given too much for me not to show up and vote. So why be so small as to not vote for America first in all policies. 

in answer to Larry many states had a massive mess last time out. Many do to various actors on the left changing rules, making rulings, hiding facts and helping muddy an already Mississippi like muddy mess, the election. Now add to that another mess. We have now one  of the main actors, Blinken caught messing with our system like its his little dick friend. Guy is a devil and needs a jail cell but where is he? Ohhh, SOS, of course. 

By metmike - May 7, 2024, 1:36 p.m.
Like Reply

I also agree that if Trump loses, he will claim the other side cheated.

Last Saturday, after my son’s graduation commencement ceremony, we went out to eat with a large group of people, mostly parents, family and a few teachers.

i really, really enjoy talking with strangers and learning about them and their opinions.

A guy I was sitting next to much of the time enjoyed talking even more than me, especially on politics.

He got out a picture of himself with Kari Lake and started going on about what a hero she is.

I mentioned to him that I was the moderator at a forum  and the last message that I posted before heading out of town, was  for people to not let politics ruin relationships with family and friends.

I said that because I could tell from the get go that he was obsessed with convincing people to believe his  politics at the expense Of all else.

He mentioned that several family members no longer speak to him, almost as a badge of honor.

By 12345 - May 8, 2024, 10:51 a.m.
Like Reply

MIKE:   "He mentioned that several family members no longer speak to him, almost as a badge of honor."

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA   I LOVE THAT!!  I'M IN THE SAME BOAT, AND PROUD OF IT.  

POLITICS & RELIGION HAVE ALWAYS BEEN MY TWO FAVORITE TOPICS TO DISCUSS, UNTIL MY "OPPONENT" STARTS THAT CHILDISH, CONDESCENDING "YOU ARE WRONG & HERE'S WHY" FOOLISHNESS.  I LEARNED, LONNNNNG AGO, TO NOT EVEN TRY TO DISCUSS EITHER TOPIC WITH A "KNOW IT ALL BRAT." THEIR COMPREHENSION LEVEL IS ALMOST NON-EXISTENT.  LOL

By metmike - May 8, 2024, 1:03 p.m.
Like Reply

Jean,

There have been several times in family emails when I can't help but attack complete bs, always providing facts to back it up and my wife will let me know that she thinks this is wrong because it will alienate the family member(s) its aimed at.

So far, our family has weathered the storm.

A couple in the family have made us all agree to no political emails for this reason.

I'm 100% good with this policy but then..........somebody just can't help but make a political email(sometimes one of the ones that insisted on no political emails) and thats when its "game on".

Often, it ends when a person losing the debate will suddenly state "hey, we agreed to no political emails and you're violating our policy and breaking your word"