Hypocrisy and Divisive Politics
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - April 1, 2024, 1:12 a.m.

Trump campaign attacks Biden over recognition of Transgender Day of Visibility

White House says Republicans are ‘seeking to divide country’ after they object to 31 March date that overlapped with Easter this year

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/31/biden-transgender-day-of-visibility-trump-republicans

Coming from the same guy that stated this not that long ago:

https://tinyurl.com/mwyn4ywr

Hardcover Think BIG and Kick Ass in Business and Life Book

Comments
By metmike - April 1, 2024, 1:16 a.m.
Like Reply

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Transgender_Day_of_Visibility

International Transgender Day of Visibility (often referred to as TDOV or Trans Day of Visibility) is an annual event occurring every March 31 since 2009[1][2] dedicated to celebrating transgender people and raising awareness of discrimination faced by transgender people worldwide, as well as a celebration of their contributions to society. The first International Transgender Day of Visibility was held on March 31, 2009. It has since been spearheaded by the U.S.-based youth advocacy organization Trans Student Educational Resources.[3]

History and milestones

2009 founding

The event was created by transgender activist[4]Rachel Crandall Crocker [cs] of Michigan in 2009[5] as a reaction to the lack of LGBTQ+ recognition of transgender people, citing the frustration that the only well-known transgender-centered day was the Transgender Day of Remembrance, which mourned the murders of transgender people, but did not acknowledge and celebrate living members of the transgender community.

By 12345 - April 1, 2024, 4:50 a.m.
Like Reply

LOL  I DON'T THINK DONALD WAS BROUGHT UP IN MUCH OF A RELIGIOUS / CHRISTIAN, CHURCH GOING HOUSEHOLD... I'M ALMOST POSITIVE JOE WAS, DUE TO HIM BEING ROMAN CATHOLIC.

THAT ARTICLE DIDN'T MENTION THAT EGGS BROUGHT FOR THE WH EASTER EGG HUNT, WEREN'T ALLOWED TO HAVE ANY RELIGIOUS DECORATION ON THEM.

By metmike - April 1, 2024, 1:36 p.m.
Like Reply

I should have put most of this discussion here:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/102892/

OK, I decided to copy the entire post below:

Re: Re: Re: THE RED HEIFER & ARMAGEDDON                                         

By metmike - April 1, 2024, 1:25 p.m.                        

Larry,

I agree 100%.

I was indoctrinated into the Catholic faith growing up but as an adult, appreciated the fact that so many others in the world were indoctrinated into different faiths as children(or converted as adults).

Still, I taught Catholic religious education classes at our church, St. Johns in Daylight, IN as recently as 15 years ago.

During that time, I would tell people that my many years of studying religions had led me to discover the 1 true religion and after I tell you, it will also be obvious to you.

Some would be excited to hear my reasoning for why MY and THEIR Catholic faith was the true religion. Non Catholics might roll their eyes and get ready for an answer they disagreed with.

Answer:

The true faith that almost everybody agrees on is the faith that you/they/me were raised to believe in or converted to  as adults.

More people from ALL faiths with a strong affiliation with their beliefs, agree with that, than are in any one faith by itself.

If that wasn't true...............then it doesn't make sense for you to belong to your/that faith because, BY DEFINITION you must believe in the tenets of that/your religion/faith and NOT those from other religions that contradict your religion.

I'm afraid that if I explained the comprehensive reasoning behind this completely absurd prophesy on the previous post that it might feel like an attack to some people's belief system.

I have made every effort possible in my life, especially in recent years to respect people's personal religious views. For one thing, it's indoctrination. Faith is the belief in something that can't be proven. Not with science. Not with common sense. Not with anything that we use in other realms to prove things.

It's a fascinating topic to analyze the psychology of religions.  

Exactly like Larry stated, religions have at times caused the biggest problems in the world. Disagreements, divisiveness, intolerance, judgmental-ism, zealots, cults. Inspiration for charlatans  that capture peoples minds. Major wars. Millions dead.

The biggest positive of all with my religion and those of Christianity......and there is no disputing this, is that the parables and teachings of Jesus have changed the world for the better more than any 1 person in history.

Helping the less fortunate. Treating others with kindness and compassion.  Thousands of charities exist today that operate with these principles.

Don't just love your neighbor but love your enemies. Holy COW! That's actually the solution to the biggest problems in the world today, 2,000 years after jesus was crucified. He was a revolutionary and activist that defied the mainstream views of his own religion in that day. His words and teachings are even MORE applicable in 2024, even as people depart from spiritual mindsets.

Regardless of who he was, if we all followed his teachings the world would be a wonderful place to live for everybody.

One of the biggest problems today though, is that people who CLAIM they are Christians and CLAIM they follow their religion..........DON'T. They pick and choose what they find convenient to follow and worst of all, completely violate the main principles that Jesus taught.

Some are pious zealots that strictly follow certain tenets  and rituals of their faith that they cling to but violate the principles of that faith by judging others who aren’t as pious as they are. In  direct contradiction to the teachings of Jesus. Even worse, they dwell on and obsess over others short comings that don’t meet THEIR interpretation based on the written tenets in a way that becomes pathological and destructive to relationships between human beings…….in diametrical opposition to the words of Jesus that teach  the core principles of  their faith.

They make huge exceptions to overlook blatant violations of some ethical and moral principles in common sense applications of respecting humanity and other people around them….. while attacking people and holding them accountable for not following every human manufactured tenet/ritual in their books of strict rules.

Missing mass 1 time in the Catholic faith, for instance is viewed as a mortal sin. The only way to get that off your soul is to confess this mortal sin to a priest.  Failing to do that means that every time you go to mass after that and receive communion is yet another mortal sin. After a couple of years, a person doing this will have racked up 100+ mortal sins on their soul and only 1 is enough to keep them out of heaven.

Doesnt matter what great positive things that person is doing, devoting their lives to practicing  the actual principles of Jesus, to make the world a better place following JESUS actual teachings exactly.

According to the pathological, religious zealots view, that person violated a written tenet and is going to hell. 

They have completely lost their way with an inability to apply critical thinking or common sense.

And there is no use having a rational conversation with them. They’ve already decided their faith in something that can’t be proven trumps everything in the real world. People who wrote the rules for that faith are infallible. End of story. Their believe in everything related to the tenets of their religion transcends all other realms of reality.

When the tenets change, as they did for Catholics after the Vatican Councils in the early 1960s….some of the old mortal sins…..suddenly are no longer sins anymore!

Just like that. Elite human beings can get together and change rules and tenets of the religion and tell us God inspired them to make the changes. If you don’t follow these new rules….you’re going to hell.

OK, I probably typed too much.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/102This isn't just about Trump. I watched Fox last night raging and judging Biden for telling people about yesterday also being the annual Transgender day(every March 31st-no exceptions) that happened to fall on ON EASTER this year. 

How dare Joe Biden disrespect all Christians on the holiday of the Resurrection of their Savior.

Are you kidding me??

Who do you think that Jesus spoke up for his entire life???

If the actual Jesus was amongst us today, based on applying the principles that he taught about respecting humanity, especially the meek, downtrodden, lonely, abandoned......HE would have been speaking out even more than Joe Biden was on this topic yesterday.

Regardless of the attempted pious, moral high ground or science that many Christians take on the issue of transgender because of this and that interpretation............these are real human beings.

There are still issues in society that categorize them as such that they qualify as the exact type of people Jesus spoke up for the most during his life.

However, today it's become a divisive political topic. One side often thinks they have the bible and moral high ground to judge. The other side acts more like THEY are following what Jesus actually stated. HIS words

It's retarded  to insist a woman in a mans body be able to compete in sports against women in women's bodies and there is a reasonable case to be made for objecting to the treatment of children that haven't even hit puberty yet that are just confused. 

But even if you disagree with the decisions, these people are caught in the middle as human beings that are not pretending to be a different gender to hurt you or me or to exploit society.

They are very sincere.  In the vast majority of cases of those well beyond puberty.......it's legit and we should respect their choice even if we don't understand it or if we disagree with it because they are human beings that deserve respect.

For those that like to read/follow the bible, this is a great site to look up passages related to whatever you want to contemplate:

Love Your Neighbor and enemy

https://www.openbible.info/topics/love_your_neighbor_and_enemy

Lowly

https://www.openbible.info/topics/lowly

Hypocrisy

https://www.openbible.info/topics/hypocrisy

I'm not implying anything or targeting anybody here, just generously sharing something that I think might have great value for others with an open mind.