IS THERE ISSUES WITH THE SITE?
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by 12345 - Feb. 9, 2024, 8:54 p.m.

THIS IS THE ONLY SITE THAT TAKES ME "FOREVER" TO LOAD & REFRESH & POST A COMMENT

EDIT:  IT TAKES BETWEEN 6 & 9 SECS... I JUST TIMED IT.

Comments
By 7475 - Feb. 9, 2024, 9:32 p.m.
Like Reply

It's slow cause it's free..

I'll let mm clarify that one.

By metmike - Feb. 9, 2024, 11:20 p.m.
Like Reply

Sorry that I can't do anything about that.

When we had ads, it was even slower. When chess ends in April, I'll try to get a hold of Kate M again to see if she'll pass on the ownership to me, so we can generate enough income with ads  to pay the $400 annual fee to keep it going. Hopefully that won't slow us down even more.

Tech support tells me that if they work on anything, it'll cost $100/hour and so I only contact them when we are completely down because no way I'm going to actually PAY to do this, when most people GET paid for it. They've helped get us back on when its going so slow that we get timed out.

There may be a correlation with the amount of traffic coming here. I note that when I post some threads on Facebook and Twitter, that several minutes later everything slows way down, even worse than what you described.

It stinks for sure and is pretty frustrating for the king of posting here 

Last Summer(June?), cutworm pitched in $200 and Larry $100 to pay most of the $400 annual fee to turn us back on after tech support told me that Kate was no longer paying.

That will be coming due again in around 4 months.

I don't mind being generous in contributing my gifts/insights and educating people for free but I'm not going to pay to do it. 

By 7475 - Feb. 10, 2024, 9:34 a.m.
Like Reply

Ill pitch in 100 when the time comes but youll have to tell me vehicle / how to at that time

john

By metmike - Feb. 10, 2024, 10:54 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks much John!

Initially, I didn't want to take cutworm's $200 because I was concerned it would cause a mentality that would be like a lobbyist/politician relationship and I didn't want to feel less inclined to obliterate Trump in my posts because cutworm chipped in to the annual fee to keep us on line.

cutworm insisted that he trusted me enough to not let that impact my objectivity and he certainly DID NOT want that (unlike lobbyists that expect that).

If there's one thing that I have always hated with a passion, its asking people for their money.

I did a couple dozen telethons for Easter Seals and the Santa Clothes club as a tv celebrity and was ok with that on tv, appealing to the audience. To a large group and a wonderful cause with all the money going directly to the intended recipients.

However, a few years later, I wanted to help Eastern Seals again and signed up to do the phones call requests with around 10 other people. They gave us all the names of people that previously made contributions, so the assumption was that those people had the positive mindset to support Easter Seals.

Then I made the calls. OMG, I hated this more than anything I did in my life........and this was for a great cause that I felt strongly about.

Let me add that I have always greatly despised telemarketers with a passion my entire life.

So when I called these people, I imagined myself being in their shoes/minds and receiving a call from me asking for money. I am extremely sensitive/observational when it comes to interpreting feelings/reactions. 

Almost nobody out of the many dozens of calls was happy to hear from me and enthused about giving to this great cause.

Almost everybody gave an excuse for NOT donating and some were very uncomfortable and some were irritated and some said no but didn't want to hurt my feelings.

I couldn't wait to get the heck out of there. I was schedule for another phone a thon several days later and I told them that I just can't do it. I'll work in some other way to help but I just can't ask people to part with their hard earned money for anything without feeling they should be getting some sort of service or product thats worth MORE THAN their money and that they couldn't get anywhere else.

That's what justified my accepting the contribution from cutworm and WxFollower last Summer.

I  strongly and sincerely feel that the information provided here is worth thousands of dollars/year compared to other places based on the authenticity, objectivity/honesty, comprehensiveness and astute, often unique but legit interpretations that play no favorites or one sided political ideologies.

It's an anti echo chamber, solid fact checking, educational and positive for humanity and personal growth site provided with generosity and love as a way to make the world a better place........causing me to experience personal growth and enlightenment in the sharing process. 

That's not a sales pitch.