FloSports-consumer advocate thread-Happy ending
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Jan. 25, 2024, 6:40 p.m.

I'm opening a thread about this company to detail the current experience that my wife and I are having with them in trying to resolve an ongoing issue that relates to FloCheer misleading my wife on a monthly subscription that she thought was a 1 time fee.

After being charged unknowingly for at least 9 months, we tried to cancel in August 2023. Then after several attempts, that included providing them with more detailed bank account and other information in November, they still did not cancel the subscription. 

My wife has not used this service for almost a year but the charges just keep coming in. 

Now it's January 2024, and we just got another monthly charge and the FloSports customer service department still doesn't want to acknowledge they did anything wrong and continues to require us to jump thru additional hoops. 

Clearly, there are many thousands of others with similar experiences.

Streaming service FloSports settles a second $2.6 million class action lawsuit

By Laura Weislo

published  

Live streaming service takes a hit over automatic renewals, Facebook pixel use

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/streaming-service-flosports-settles-a-second-dollar26-million-class-action-lawsuit/

+++++++++++

Being from Indiana, we cannot be included in that lawsuit but we will have our day in court at MarketForum!

Much more to come, including where our current situation goes.

Comments
By metmike - Jan. 25, 2024, 7:39 p.m.
Like Reply

Today's discussion below

Hi Mike,

Thank you for reaching out to FloSports Customer Support. We will be happy to assist you with accessing your account! However, I am having some difficulty locating your subscription. Could you let me know if there is another email associated with your account and/or the last 4 digits of the credit card used to subscribe?

If you could respond back in the following format it will help us process your request as fast as possible:

Account Email: youremail@domain.com

Last 4 Credit Card: xxxx

Website you signed up for (FloBikes, FloCheer, etc.):

Card Expiration: xx/xx

FloSports,

+++++++++++++++++++

This is Mike Maguire again.

My wife, Debbie Maguire and I are getting increasingly annoyed that you continue to take money out of our bank account after we contacted you 3 previous times to cancel this subscription, starting with her,  in August of 2023.

Then me, 2 times in November 2023.

Our grand daughter has not been cheering for 10+ months now and my wife, originally was unaware that this subscription was monthly and  forever, until canceled. Her impression was that it was a 1 time fee.

She used a bank account that we rarely use(as I had explained previously) so that I didn't catch it until August 2023.

Here is the information AGAIN! 

We will now be expecting a credit, for the previous 12 months....... IMMEDIATELY! 

A failure to do this will result in me filing a detailed complaint, which will be copied and posted at both our accounts on Facebook and Twitter and also at MarketForum.com where I'm the moderator. 

As you can see from our bank statements (copied below again with additional months) the last 4 on the credit card are XXXX.  The expiration date is 5-2026.  My wife's name is Debbie Maguire. 

01/24/2024CRD PUR  FLOCHEER.COM AUSTIN TX
-$29.99

12/26/2023CRD PUR/ FLOCHEER.COM AUSTIN TX
-$29.99

11/24/2023CRD PUR/ FLOCHEER.COM AUSTIN TX -$29.99

10/24/2023CRD PUR  FLOCHEER.COM AUSTIN TX
-$29.99

09/25/2023CRD PUR  FLOCHEER.COM AUSTIN TX
-$29.99

08/24/2023CRD PUR / FLOCHEER.COM AUSTIN TX
-$29.99

07/24/2023CRD PUR  FLOCHEER.COM AUSTIN TX
-$29.99

06/26/2023CRD PUR  FLOCHEER.COM AUSTIN TX
-$29.99

05/25/2023CRD PUR  / FLOCHEER.COM AUSTIN TX
-$29.99

04/24/2023CRD PUR  FLOCHEER.COM AUSTIN TX
-$29.99

03/24/2023CRD PUR / FLOCHEER.COM AUSTIN TX
-$29.99

02/24/2023CRD PUR / FLOCHEER.COM AUSTIN TX
-$29.99

01/24/2023CRD PUR   / FLOCHEER.COM AUSTIN TX
-$29.99

12/27/2022CRD PUR  / FLOCHEER.COM AUSTIN TX
-$29.99

My online account does not allow access to data prior to this.

Mike and Debbie Maguire

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi Mike,Thanks for reaching out!

Please keep in mind that all monthly and yearly FloSports subscriptions operate on an automatic renewal basis. The only way to avoid an automatic renewal is by setting your account to cancel prior to its renewal date through your account settings or through one of our Customer Support agents. Since the account was not canceled before the end of the billing period, this makes the account ineligible for a refund at this time.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thank you,

Danny

FloSports Customer Support

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks, Danny.

That's what we were told in August and November, 2023 and we accepted that explanation then.........but here we are, continuing to be charged in January of 2024.

That's no longer acceptable because FloSports didn't follow thru and  has continued to charge us.

I'm not just requesting a refund. It's a reasonable demand based on justifiable circumstances that only FloSports had control of after August 2023.

I don't have any questions. 

I'm just honestly informing you with regards to our next actions which I mentioned earlier which will take place next week unless you get this resolved NOW based on rightfully compensating us for issues related to FloSports customer support and subscription flaws.

Thanks,

Mike Maguire

++++++++++++++++++

I set my account to cancel subscription.  This was done in November 2024 Debbie Maguire 

President

DMAG USA

(812) 453-6077

A woman-owned, HubZone Company

++++++++++++++

Hi Mike,

We do apologize for any frustration this has caused

When a subscription is cancelled, an automated email is sent to the email address on file confirming the cancellation. Would you mind providing a screenshot of the cancellation confirmation email?

If you did not receive a cancellation confirmation email, please let us know and we’ll move forward with the next steps.

Thank you,

Danny

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi Danny,

Here it is:

Date: November 6, 2023 at 7:09:10 PM CST
To: dmaguiremmm@aol.com

Subject: FloSports Cancel Confirmation

Hi, dmaguiremmm@aol.com

Your Varsity TV PRO subscription has been cancelled. You will have access to your account through January 16, 2024.

If you ever change your mind, reactivating your Varsity TV subscription is simple and takes less than 2 minutes.

Cancellation Summary

Cancellation Date
November 7, 2023

+++++++++++++++++

I independently contacted your company on 2 separate occasions in November in addition to when she did.

Providing a copy of the bills that I just copied again for you on 1 occasion and asking for a cancellation.

You failed to cancel.

I've had enough of the  jumping thru hoops to cancel and making no progress. 

My wife was misled regarding the original terms of this contract, which were never transparent about the monthly renewal process and did not include clear disclosures about the terms for canceling.

Here we are on January 25,  2024 and still fighting you to cancel. 

Attempts by both of us, acting independently  to cancel were unsuccessful last year.

Even now, you remain in a defensive posture and refuse to acknowledge what happened.

That's fine. I told you what my response would be if you didn't want to do what's right.

I'm going to start a consumer advocate thread at my forum, MarketForum as the moderator.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/101939/

I'll be posting that link on Facebook and Twitter where readers can follow this.

It will discuss the current status of previous complaints to other entities about your company and why. I will detail our specific experience and include experiences of other complaining  consumers.

It appears as if many consumer complaints in the past have been met with similar resistance to providing customer satisfaction and your company policy, based on today's conversation,   still hasn't been adjusted.

I'm convinced that others will take a keen interest and may do a press release to the NATIONAL media if I get the time.

Repeating again, we want a full refund for the past 12 months, even though the subscription went farther back than that.

Mike

By metmike - Jan. 25, 2024, 7:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Welcome to the Informational Website for the Fiorentino v. FloSports Class Action Settlement.

https://www.flosportsvppasettlement.com/

Hill v. FloSports, Inc. 

Filed: November 8, 2022 ◆§ 1:22-cv-00854 

• Read Complaint

A class action alleges subscription streaming service FloSports has broken the law by routinely taking money out of consumers’ bank accounts without written authorization.

https://www.classaction.org/news/cancel-any-time-flosports-viewers-misled-into-signing-up-for-annual-subscriptions-class-action-alleges

By metmike - Jan. 26, 2024, 10:07 a.m.
Like Reply

FloSports Support <support@flosports.tv>

Thu 1/25/2024 7:45 PM

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the confusion!

Our records show you have two different subscription linked with two different emails with same card ending with 7333.

Here are the details:

01. The subscription linked with dmaguiremmm@aol.com, have been cancelled & deleted on the date of 11/06/2023.

02. The subscription linked with damaguiremmm@icloud.com, have been renewed on 01/24/2024 and will due on 02/24/2025. 

Hope this information was helpful.

Thank you,

Danny

+++++++++++++++++++++++

On Jan 25, 2024, at 11:00 PM, Mike MAGUIRE <meteormike@msn.com> wrote:

Wow, this is unbelievable!

You are wrong about that statement. There was no renewal on 01/24/2024!. I'll let Deb respond this time, since she can explain exactly what she did and how your business messed up on this new element to the never ending saga.

With regards to the confusion. We're not confused anymore. Deb's confusion was initially tied to the misleading terms of the contract and lack of giving you proper authorization to take money out of our account every month.

Once we realized what was going on last August we asked for the monthly charges to stop. 

Since then, it's FloSports that's been.......either confused from incompetency or this is an intentional strategy to bilk people out of money.

The class action suits suggest the later.

I really don't you Danny. Maybe you're an honest guy working for a crooked company.  However, we will know soon enough based on whether you continue to come up with these bogus positions and explanations or whether you finally acknowledge the truth/facts and start making a sincere attempt to help resolve the problem with this customer.

Mike

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Debbie Maguire <damaguire@dmagusa.com>

Thu 1/25/2024 11:29 PM

This is unbelievable.  I logged on to the Flo Cheer account to see if it active (Icloud) and it had a button asking me to subscribe, which I never pushed.  I absolutely did not subscribe.  The fact that there was a button asking me to subscribe clearly indicates I was not already subscribed.  I took screen shots of all the pages I interacted with.  Not once did I push the subscribe button

image0.jpegimage1.jpeg

image3.jpeg

Debbie Maguire

President

DMAG USA

1320 SE Second Street

Suite 2114

Evansville, IN. 47713

By metmike - Jan. 26, 2024, 10:41 a.m.
Like Reply

Mike Maguire

Friday 1/26/2024 9:38 AM

Danny,

Let me review this case for you, again and for readers at MarketForum, Twitter and Facebook.

We initially just wanted FloSports to stop taking out the monthly charges back in August, 2023 even though Debbie was tricked into thinking this would be a 1 time charge when she signed up in late 2022.

You completely failed to do that.

We both contacted you independently in November, 2023 to stop the charges. I provided specific bank account, credit card and other information at that time. Deb actually went into the account and canceled on November 7, 2023 using the directions she was given and you indicated, in this thread were needed to be followed for the account to be canceled. You  initially indicated that you had no record of the cancellation and that's why the monthly charges have continued  in November, December and January.  

She then provided a copy of the cancellation transaction of November 7, 2023 to you.

Your response then, was to indicate that a new subscription had just been taken out, dated January 24, 2024 (even though the date of Deb's visit to the site was January 25, 2024).

Deb then provided to you the evidence that she did NOT take out a new subscription but had only visited the site on January 25, 2024  to see why you were telling us that the subscription had never been cancelled and that's why we continued to be charged. The FloSports site was asking her to start a new subscription because the old one had been cancelled which contradicted your claim that it had not been.

She did NOT click on any buttons to start a new subscription. That is an absurd indication in your records under these circumstances. Yet, you indicated that her visit to the site resulted in a new, 1 year subscription.

We want a refund for just the past 12 months of the  $29.99 monthly charges that were taken out of our account without her proper authorization.

Mike Maguire

By metmike - Jan. 26, 2024, 6:55 p.m.
Like Reply

From: noreply@salesforce.com <noreply@salesforce.com> on behalf of FloSports Support <support@flosports.tv>

Sent: Friday, January 26, 2024 11:09 AM

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out! Please keep in mind that all monthly and yearly FloSports subscriptions operate on an automatic renewal basis. The only way to avoid an automatic renewal is by setting your account to cancel prior to its renewal date through your account settings or through one of our Customer Support agents.

Since the account was not canceled before the end of the billing period, this makes the account ineligible for a refund at this time. We have set the account under
damaguiremmm@icloud.com to cancel to ensure no further billing.

We are sorry to see you go and apologize for any frustration this has caused.  If you would like to resubscribe at any time please visit FloSports.tv.

Thank you,
Max

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Sent: 1/26/2024 11:45 AM

Thanks for that programmed response.

I think we'll pass on resubscribing to FloSports products for the rest of our lives.

Can we please have the contact information for a supervisor there.

Thanks,

Mike and Debbie Maguire

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Fri 1/26/2024 1:20 PM

FloSports Support <support@flosports.tv>

Hi Mike & Debbie,

My name is Andrew and I'm part of the leadership team with FloSports. I've taken a look at your case. We do not see any previous contact from dmaguiremmm@aol.com or damaguiremmm@icloud.com. I do see your message from the email, meteormike@msn.com, on November 2023.

Subscriptions: 

dmaguiremmm@aol.com - Yearly Subscription - Recent Payment: January 16th, 2023. Ended - January 16th, 2024. As shown by your screenshot that you provided, this is the subscription that was cancelled.

damaguiremmm@icloud.com - This monthly subscription was started on April 24th, 2022 and has been automatically renewing since that date. Most recent payment on January 24th, 2024. 

We understand your concerns in regards to automatic billing. As stated in our Terms of Service, “Your subscription will continue in effect on a month-to-month or year-to-year basis unless and until you cancel your subscription or the account or service is otherwise suspended or discontinued pursuant to this Terms of Service. You must cancel your subscription before your monthly or yearly renewal date in order to avoid charges for the next billing (each Monthly Period or Yearly Period)”. These terms were acknowledged and agreed to upon purchasing the subscription on the initial signup day.

Since you purchased a yearly subscription in January 2023, I have refunded the monthly plan under damaguiremmm@icloud.com and provided refunds dating back to January 2023. This will be a total of 13 months at $29.99.

Total refund: $389.87 - Please allow 5-10 days to see the refund. Both accounts are now cancelled and no further billing will occur.

Thank you,
Andrew

+++++++++++++++++++++

Hi Andrew,

Thank you very much for the explanations and for providing a resolution that results in customer satisfaction.

It shows how 1 person can make a big positive difference. In this case, you deciding to refund the monthly charges for the past year.

Instead of 2 ticked off customers with a desire to portray FloSports in a negative light, you transformed it into the same 2 people feeling gratitude for the end result.

FloSports obviously saw the same thing in you that we just experienced when they made you part of their leadership team.

I will add this to the thread at MarketForum and copy that link  on Twitter and Facebook.

Thanks again!

Mike and Debbie Maguire

By metmike - Feb. 1, 2024, 12:33 p.m.
Like Reply

Andrew,

The credits for 13 months worth of $29.99 charges appeared in our bank account on Monday, January 29th.

Impressively fast!

After this happy ending, we might actually consider using FloSports again but only after reading the fine print extremely carefully on all documents, along with a newly learned understanding of the subscription dynamics.

Thanks again,

Mike and Debbie Maguire

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/101939/

By metmike - Feb. 1, 2024, 3:27 p.m.
Like Reply

Hi Mike,

It is our pleasure to assist!

Thank you for reaching out and please enjoy the rest of your day!

Thank you,

Monica