LAKE WOULDN'T TAKE A BRIBE
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by 12345 - Jan. 24, 2024, 8:12 p.m.

INTERESTING.  I GIVE HER CREDIT FOR THAT MUCH.  LOL  I WONDER WHO TAPED IT... HERSELF?  HAHAHAHAAAAAAA

AUDIO: AZ GOP Chair Desperate To Retire MAGA Kari Lake  11 MINUTES

THERE'S LOTSA VIDEO ON YOOOTOOB ABOUT IT  LOL

Comments
By metmike - Jan. 24, 2024, 9:15 p.m.
Like Reply

Scroll down for more, please!

Thanks much, Jean!

This lady is dishonest and delusional.

Kari Lake's lawsuit shows she's desperate ... and delusional

Opinion: Kari Lake's lawsuit is filled with woulda couldas about how Katie Hobbs and Maricopa County election officials stole Lake’s victory. The only thing missing is actual evidence that they did.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/laurieroberts/2022/12/12/kari-lake-lawsuit-long-election-conspiracy-little-proof/69719119007/

She represents the worst of far right politicians that lose, then completely manufacture absurd conspiracy theories, accusations and twisted like a pretzel, impossible dynamics that they claim was election fraud that stole the election from them.

But never any proof! Guess who started this, folks?

We have places like Fox News that push this because it causes people to tune in to get messages they want to hear..........giving them block buster ratings. Charlatans selling dishonor as an admirable trait to target vulnerable people who fall for it and in fact REWARD THEM for being dishonorable.

Kari Lake has no authentic ethics or honor. 

People that are authentic, don't pick and choose when they want to practice honesty and have integrity........then completely discard honestly and integrity when it doesn't suit their agenda.

The most important time to practice honesty and integrity is when the chips are down/when you just lost!

I've taught that to almost 5,000 scholastic chess players for 27 years.

It's called "good sportsmanship"!

The winner is ALWAYS GOING TO BE HAPPY!  You can expect the winner to always enthusiastically acknowledge the results of a hard fought battle, whether it's on the chess board or in any realm of life. 

It's doesn't take anything to do that. Good sportsmanship compels them to not rub it in or taunt the loser but of course they will want to recognize their own victory. They earned it!

However, the true test of a person's character, whether its on the chess board or in every realm in life........is how they/WE react after losing. We try to teach them as young people what the right way is. The honest, honorable way to display good sportsmanship and gain the respect of  opponents and people around them/us........ ESPECIALLY in a devastating loss.

You/we extend our hand to shake the winners hand (or do a fist bump) and tell them, sincerely "GOOD GAME" and acknowledge that they were the better player and you/we were defeated. 

At the same time, try to gain a learning lesson out of the loss. In chess, players often learn more in the loss because they made a mistake or their superior opponent had a better strategy. In the future, they/we can be less apt to make that same mistake and to remember the strategy that beat them/us. 

I would be disappointment if one of my students, claimed their opponent cheated and that's why they lost. 

Even young children know better than to do what Donald Trump and Kari Lake did and continue to do for years. High profile politicians with tens of millions of people following them, as they set horrible examples........blatantly violating the most basic rules of etiquette and honor that every child, playing every sport and in every type of competition are taught to follow.

Donald Trump, Kari Lake and adults that behave this way and encourage behaving this way are at the bottom, when it comes to character traits.

Sad thing is, adults following Trump and Lake,  not only think this is acceptable(because its what they wish for-their candidate to have won) it's sets an awful precedent and example for young people to follow.

If you are struggling to hold yourself up to basic ethical standards because your politics and politicians are stealing your intelligence and integrity by granting your wishes to manipulate you......... then at least try to appreciate the impact on your children.

After they lose a contest, do you want them insisting their opponent cheated and that's the only reason that they lost?

When they get a bad grade,  that it's not really because they didn't study or prepare for class/tests......it's because the teacher didn't like them or the tests and assignments were unfair?

Or do you want them to be graceful, honorable, respectful and honest in their losses and accept the reality of the cause in order to do better next time?

We all know the answer, so let's hold ourselves and people that represent us accountable to the same standards of expected behavior that we want instilled in our children...........because we KNOW IT'S RIGHT!

By metmike - Jan. 24, 2024, 10:17 p.m.
Like Reply

How to Be a Good Sport

https://kidshealth.org/en/teens/sportsmanship.html

Whether you’re playing against classmates in gym or competing against another school’s team, there are lots of ways you can be a good sport. Try to:

• Have a positive attitude and give your best effort.
  • Follow the rules of the game. Accept calls and don't argue with officials.
  • Support your teammates by saying something like, "Good shot" or "Good try." Don’t criticize them if they make a mistake. You wouldn’t want someone blaming you if you miss a shot.
  • Treat the other team with respect and don’t tease or bully. Shake hands before and after the game. Help players up if they fall — even if they’re not on your team.
  • Take pride in giving your best at each practice and game. Winning is fun but don't rub it in. If you lose, accept the loss without getting upset or blaming others.

By metmike - Jan. 24, 2024, 10:32 p.m.
Like Reply

Teaching Children Good Sportsmanship

https://www.stanfordchildrens.org/en/topic/default?id=teaching-children-good-sportsmanship-1-4524

Good sportsmanship may seem hard to define, but its hallmarks include being able to win without gloating, respecting one's opponents, and being able to lose gracefully. Here are some important principles to instill in your children:

• If you lose, don't make up excuses.
  • If you win, don't rub it in.
  • Learn from mistakes and get back in the game.
  • Always do your best.
  • If someone else makes a mistake, remain encouraging and avoid criticizing.
  • Show respect for yourself, your team, and the officials of the game.

Parents are important role models, so let your children see you upholding these principles, whether you play a sport yourself or root for your child's team from the sidelines.

By metmike - Jan. 24, 2024, 10:37 p.m.
Like Reply

10 Ways to Show Good Sportsmanship

https://www.i9sports.com/blog/10-ways-to-show-good-sportsmanship

1. Win with Dignity

Winning brings about more positive feelings than losing, but it can also breed arrogance and result in taunting or mocking the losing team. Show your child what it means to win with dignity, which can include being excited and happy while still remaining polite, respectful, and humble.

2. Lose with Grace

Participating in sports offers valuable life lessons remembered long after the final whistle blows. Everyone may want to win, but losing is a better learning opportunity. Teach your child to congratulate the winners and hold their head high, even in defeat.

As a parent, don’t be too hard on your child or their teammates. Focus on what they did well and offer high praise for the effort. Still, it’s okay to encourage your child to learn from their mistakes and make calm and positive suggestions that may help them improve their skills in the future.

3. Play Fair

The rules are there to make the game fair and fun. Teach your child that cheating demonstrates poor sportsmanship, and no one wants to play with a cheater. Then, as a parent watching from the sidelines, strive to respect the official call. This means refraining from shouting at the referee when you disagree with them.

4. Be a Team Player

In sports, encouraging others and doing the right thing is just as important as scoring a goal or winning the game. Being a team player is all about supporting teammates by saying kind things, giving high-fives, and passing the ball rather than hogging it. Never ridicule players who aren’t as gifted as others. Remember, everyone is trying their best, and everyone wants to win.

5. Give it Your All

Good sportsmanship doesn’t mean going easy on the opponent—it means having a strong work ethic. Teach your child to always try their hardest at practice and during games to earn respect from other players and coaches. Then, remind them to respond with dignity and grace whether they win or lose.

6. Maintain a Positive Attitude

Being negative can bring down the entire team, making the game less fun for everyone. Teach your child to see the positive side of things on and off the field. Even if things don’t go their way during the game, staying positive keeps everyone’s spirits up.

7. Don’t Trash Talk Others

Hurling harsh words at an opponent or putting a teammate down for missing an important shot is not appropriate. Instill in your child the importance of the adage, “If you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything at all.” Then, follow this rule yourself while watching the game.

8. Shake Hands & Thank the Coaches

It’s customary in many sports for the teams to line up and give high-fives or shake hands before and after a game. This shows respect and allows players to tell each other, “Good game.” As a parent, it’s appropriate to thank the coaches and officials for their time, which is usually volunteered. Encourage your child to do the same.

9. Remember, It’s Just a Game

Sporting events can get emotional, so it’s important to practice self-control. If your child tends to lose their temper when things don’t go their way, remind them that it’s just a game, so they should focus on trying their hardest and having fun.

10. Lead by Example

A 2012 i9 Sports®® survey found that nearly one-third of kids ages 8 to 14 who play team sports wish their parents weren’t watching the games. One reason the kids gave is that adults yell too much.

That’s why we ask parents, who strongly influence their young players’ experience, to take the i9 Sports® Parental Pledge. This includes promising to “model the sportsmanship-like behavior I wish my child to adopt.”

By metmike - Jan. 24, 2024, 10:48 p.m.
Like Reply

Adults present the biggest sportsmanship challenge

https://tmsaa.tssaa.org/library/adults-present-the-biggest-sportsmanship-challenge

Most high school athletic directors and administrators would agree that their greatest challenge in hosting an event is not getting the facilities ready for a competition or preparing for hundreds or even thousands of spectators, but dealing with behavior issues and lack of sportsmanship during the game.

When sportsmanship is mentioned, images of a rowdy student section or a disrespectful student-athlete may come to mind, but the issue is bigger than that. Unfortunately, the bad behavior on display is often perpetrated by adults – the coaches leading the teams and the parents who have come to watch their kids compete.

9 Ways to Model Good Sportsmanship from the Sidelines

1. Cheer on effort, not just achievement

Rather than focusing on cheering hard when an athlete scores a goal in a game, try to cheer on moments of great effort. That could be when a child tries a new move—even if it doesn’t work out—or passes the ball to a teammate instead of trying to score a shot solo. “We need to really celebrate creativity and healthy risk-taking for athletes, not just moments where things go right and they score,” says Stanec. “We want kids to feel like they can try new things and take those risks. I hear a lot of coaches and parents make audible sighs or frustrated noises when an athlete misses a shot, and that just discourages athletes from trying anything new. There is no place for that on the sideline.” 

2. Focus on the psychosocial dynamic

If we focus on encouraging teamwork and community rather than on competition and winning, more young athletes will stay in sport, says Stanec. “I think if every coach went into sport with the goal of having every kid love their sport more at the end of season, that would be great for youth athletics,” says Stanec. “And they’ll like it more if they’re improving, if they’re learning and trying new things, and if they’re encouraged to have a good time while being competitive.” Focusing on a joyful and hardworking environment will undoubtedly lead to more development and wins. 

3. Encourage cheering for everyone

As a coach, it’s important to remember to cheer for everyone, not just the star players or your favorite or most dominant personalities on a team. “To me, the golden rule is to give positive feedback to each individual player on your team,” says Stanec. “There’s been such an adult model of sport pushed on kids that it seems like now there’s a lot of competition and favoritism even within many youth teams.” 

4. Be aware of negative language

“I think a great way to model good sportsmanship from the sidelinesis not only by giving each player specific positive feedback, but also making it a rule to not criticize any child during the game, ever,” says Stanec. “Every kid knows when they make a mistake once they begin playing at more competitive levels, so whether you’re a coach or a parent, during a game is not the time to bring it up.” If there’s a skill-based technique or tactic that the athlete can work on, a coach can make a note to bring it up in practice, but the heat of the moment during a game isn’t the time to get into it.

5. Cheer for the other team

Coaches (and parents) can influence how your team sees and treats players on opposing teams by cheering for those kids as well. “I like to cheer for the other team when a great play is made,” says Stanec. “Saying things like great shot, great save—those small things can make a big difference in attitudes from the opposing team’s athletes, coaches, and parents, while also making games much more fun, even while remaining highly competitive.” And cheering for great plays from the other team as a coach can also cue your own athletes into great tips and tactics that they may not have noticed before. Showing appreciation for the game and all the joy it can bring is something that ought to be celebrated. 

6. Coaches should set the tone with parents

“It can be so helpful to have a meeting with parents at the beginning of the season to set standards for what’s appropriate at games,” Stanec says. “Let them know that the only thing you want to hear from them during a game is positive encouragement like ‘great hustle,’ or ‘great try.’ No coaching the coaches, no coaching the athletes.” You can even ask the athletes themselves to come up with a Code of Good Sportsmanship that encompasses the team’s positive values for coaches, parents, and the athletes themselves. Get everyone to sign this code at the start of the season. 

7. Pay attention to your body language

You may not realize that your body language unconsciously is sending negative messages, but if you’re constantly shaking your head, covering your eyes, looking down, gesturing wildly, or just showing closed off body language, you may be sending unintentional nonverbal cues to the athletes, says Stanec. If you aren’t sure how you’re appearing at games, consider asking someone to video you for a few minutes, then play the footage back to see how you handle different moments. Focus on positive body language like cheering, smiling, making eye contact, and generally keeping your body relaxed and open. 

8. Roleplay high-stress scenarios

A great way to model good sportsmanship—and prevent potential emotionally fraught moments in the game—is by roleplaying different high-stress situations. Ask yourself, how would you respond if someone does something disrespectful during the game, or makes you angry? Now, picture how your response would look if someone captured it on video and posted it online. Would you be okay with that reaction being posted? If not, what could you do instead? Preparing yourself by ‘rehearsing’ these scenarios can make a big difference to your reactions in the moment. Do this activity with your athletes or just as a personal exercise. 

9. Remember that kids absorb everything

The areas that control logic and rational thought are some of the last to receive a circuit update in an adolescent’s brain, says Stanec. That means it may be harder for them to control their emotions, and if they see you engaging in unsportsmanlike behavior, from cursing under your breath at the umpire to shouting at a parent on the opposing team, they begin to emulate that reaction. “These unsportsmanlike behaviors are taught,” says Stanec.___________________

TAKEAWAY: When athletes look at their coach during a game, they should see positivity and encouragement, not frustration or anger. Athletes also shouldn’t see you arguing with referees or exhibiting negative body language. Remember, how you act determines how your athletes act.

10.  I'm adding this one. Always respect your opponents and apply this to people around you outside of competitions. Respect them, especially when they are different from you. Different nationality, race or skin color. Different gender. Different school. Better than you or weaker than you. Especially if they have a disability or are vulnerable. For adults, especially if they belong to a different political party or religion. If they disagree with you on issues that you consider of the utmost importance.

The toughest of all. Strive to take  this mentality to a level that MLK taught.  Try to be respectful, even when others around you are not! Hold yourself to a high standard that isn't based on the behavior of others. Even if they attack you.

Hate(and love)                                          

Started by metmike - Oct. 17, 2023, 4:15 p.m. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/99752/

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77011/#77995

Turning Enemies into Friends

https://www.thejourneyathome.com/turning-enemies-into-friends/

By 12345 - Jan. 25, 2024, 6:57 a.m.
Like Reply

OOOOOPS!!!!!!!!  ARIZONA GOP CHAIR RESIGNED LOLOLOL

Arizona GOP leader resigns over leaked tapes with Kari Lake  3 1/2 MIN.

ON A SIDE NOTE... MIKE ~ THIS IS ABOUT KARI LAKE.  NOT YOU ... DONALD TRUMP OR ANYONE ELSE, OTHER THAN THE AZ. GOP CHAIR.

By metmike - Jan. 25, 2024, 11:43 a.m.
Like Reply

Sorry to use your post to teach a lesson, Jean.

It's what I do and why I'm here and admittedly, I get carried away with lessons.

I'm not claiming that what happened did not happen and in fact, think your post was a wonderful one and am grateful that you made it. The last thing that I want is you feeling offended  because I hijacked your post for the lesson.............which I did.

It would take some time for me to take out all my posts and change the post of the week link, which I passed on to Facebook and Twitter and it would be much easier to start a new thread about this which we can devote to almost exclusively discussing this specific event.

I'll let you start the new thread(if that's the solution which makes you happy) and I apologize for hijacking this one.

Regardless, the point about Lake that got me revved up is still valid. The R party is trying to show this as proof that she's a person with scruples/character, which would be like Jack the Ripper helping an old lady to cross a busy street as proof that he is a good person. 

Even bad people, sometimes do good things. 

++++++++++++++++++

I also understand that you are a strong Trump supporter and posts that portray Trump and his supporters in a negative fashion will rub Trump supporters the wrong way.

I can't apologize for that and there is no solution for that aspect at this ANTI echo chamber.

Regardless your opinions and posts are always appreciated and welcomed with open arms, especially the ones that disagree with me.