Iowa's dem choice???
1 response | 0 likes
Started by cutworm - Jan. 15, 2024, 10:13 p.m.

Smells fishy to me

Iowa Democrats are not picking presidential candidates at their caucus this year. Instead, Democrats can send their mail-in presidential preference cards by March 5, when results will be announced. 

2024 Iowa Elections: Live Democratic Presidential Results and Maps (desmoinesregister.com)

Comments
By metmike - Jan. 16, 2024, 12:19 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks, cutworm!

President Biden will announce that he's not running because of a health problem and throw his weight behind...........Gavin?

No way that the party doesn't already know this.  It makes no sense to run Biden if they want to win.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/99844/#101712

It's pretty typical for the President in his first term to get the support of their party when running for a 2nd term. 

However, this is anything but typical.

Biden was too old 4 years ago but he became NOT Donald Trump on the ballots and the Ds came out in record numbers, not because they like Biden but to stop Trump. 

However, this time there are millions more NOT Joe Bidens out there than in 2020 because they have eyes and ears. 

And MANY MORE Ds that came out to vote for Biden that will stay home, like they did with Clinton because they disliked her so much.

Not to be under appreciated with Biden's age, fragility and loss of mental sharpness with the highest risk in history of him not being able to finish a 2nd term, should he manage to get enough NOT Donald Trump votes........is the fact that his VP is the weakest one that I can remember in my life time.

Sara Palin was really bad too but she wasn't the VP and McCain got crushed in 2008 with Palin making it worse but people assumed that McCain had 4 good years left.

The question with Biden is not whether he will still be mentally sharp in 2028 but instead, to what degree will his increasing deterioration impact him?

There has never been a higher importance, more critical need for a VP that's ready to assume the job of president...........at the same time that his VP is extraordinarily weak.

In 2020, they must have been trying to get the women and black votes with this VP pick. In 2024, what he needs most is a VP that people would really like as president which makes puts them at ease with the thought of Biden's age issues. 

There is no way that Biden is running but if he did, replacing Kamala with Gavin, I think would assure people and  generate a few million more votes.

In fact, most Ds would vote Biden, HOPING he can't finish his term so that Gavin becomes president.

Why not just run the preferred, MUCH YOUNGER guy at the top of the ticket.

That's what they will do after Biden announces he's not running.

Biden 'not sure' he'd be running if Trump was not in 2024 race

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-not-sure-he-would-seek-re-election-if-trump-was-not-2023-12-05/

+++++++++

That made no sense at all unless it was a gaffe/slip of Bidens related to the fact that he knows he's going to withdraw from the race.