SOUTH AFRICAS' ELECTRICITY ISSUES
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by 12345 - Oct. 25, 2023, 9:51 p.m.

The World Bank approved a $1B loan to help blackout-hit South Africa's energy sector

"“The loan endorses a significant and strategic response to South Africa’s ongoing energy crisis, and the country’s goal of transitioning to a just and low carbon economy,” the World Bank said.

While Africa contributes the least to climate change and is the continent affected the most, South Africa is Africa's most advanced economy and the world’s 16th-largest emitter of greenhouse gases overall. It is 45th per capita based on 2019 data, according to Climate Watch.

The South African government has said it needs nearly $80 billion over the next five years to fund its transition to greener energy sources."

Comments
By metmike - Oct. 26, 2023, 9:54 p.m.
Like Reply

Jean,

I'm not familiar with the details of what's going on in South Africa.

However, my wife's carbon capture business has struck a huge deal with Africa, sharing  their new technology to help them join the rest of the developed countries using cheap, affordable and abundant fossil fuels as the life blood to a strong economy.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/96333/#99895

Not sure why they are messing up so badly in South Africa, with huge black outs that are not only a big problem for residential needs but it really hurts their economy and GDP. 

By 12345 - Oct. 27, 2023, 12:40 p.m.
Like Reply

I READ A LOT OF YOUR LINK.  INTERESTING!

CHINA HAS THEIR $$$$$$$$$ IN AFRICA, YA KNOW.