Alex Jones silenced.
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - Aug. 7, 2018, 12:47 a.m.

It's been at least 2 years since I have listened to Alex Jones. I disagree with a lot of what he says (or find it way out of the ball park)

Nevertheless, whether you are fan or a foe of him, the concerted effort by multiple tech giants, such as Google, Apple, Facebook, etc, to silence him, could be considered "racketeering". as this radio host explains....

https://www.real.video/5818721788001

I couldn't help but think of the NYT hiring that hate-spewing female we recently discussed, as their editor..... selective censorship

Comments
By TimNew - Aug. 7, 2018, 3:47 a.m.
Like Reply

It all comes down to how certain people define "Hate Speech". Right now,  pointing out how ridiculous leftist ideology general is qualifies as "Hate Speech".

This is a potentially dangerous trend. The 1st amendment is 1st for a really good reason.

By mcfarm - Aug. 7, 2018, 6:57 a.m.
Like Reply

did you all her the latest on the avid racists the  times hired. Another lady, a conservative black lady by the way, reposted several of the hate filled tweets and changed one word, white to black. Guess what, within hours her account was suspended? How about that?

By TimNew - Aug. 7, 2018, 9:23 a.m.
Like Reply

It's only hate speech if you target designated victim groups.

By carlberky - Aug. 7, 2018, 11 a.m.
Like Reply

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/purging-alex-jones-social-media-backfire-spectacularly-according-free-speech-advocates/

By metmike - Aug. 7, 2018, 5:12 p.m.
Like Reply

I have never actually listened to Alex Jones so I honestly can't comment specifically on him but he sounds like  a nut case. Carl sent a  funny video about him last week that made me laugh hard.

Maybe he has some good points in there with the rubbish. It's clear that his message is very detrimental to trying to create an environment that allows for the 2 political sides to get along. 

Was that the reason that he was banned?

Or was it because of the intolerance of those that disagree with  him?

The anti Trump stuff on the other side is no more extreme and no more hateful and is being spewed from every direction............even from, previously reputable sources like CNN. 

So it appears that one side is being hypocritical here but when it comes to politics, of course people will only want to hear things that support their side.

MarketForum is not in  the same league as Facebook and what we do, only matters to our tiny world. However, you will note that, despite objections, I have allowed our troll and others to spew anti Trump rhetoric here.....as long as they don't make personal attacks or get completely out of control, which will result in me trying to reign them in vs being intolerant and kicking them out.

All views are welcome here...especially if they disagree with me or the majority/consensus.