It is NOT about the 1st Amendment
23 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - Aug. 3, 2023, 7:43 a.m.

For those of you who still listen to the lies of Fox "News",  The latest indictment of Donald Trump is not about free speech.  (although that is the latest hogwash that Fox is feeding their viewers).  The indictment specifically states that it is not about free speech.  Trump can lie all he wants.  That is his legal right.  He had the legal right to challenge the election results (he lost on all 60 attempts).  But then he conspired to send Mike Pence fake electors.  That was illegal.  It did not matter if he believed he won the election or not.  (He knew).  What he did was an attempt to overthrow our government.   It's not about Jan 6th.  It's about the conspiracy planning leading up to Jan 6th.  The evidence is overwhelming.

He better hope that he gets a couple of Jurors of MAGA cult persuasion.  

I'm sad for my country that he's running dead even with Biden in the polls.  If Trump gets reelected we may witness the end of our republic.

Comments
By metmike - Aug. 3, 2023, 11:51 a.m.
Like Reply

Exactly, joj!

Good point too on the jury. We would think that the prosecution will be able to throw out any MAGA people but with tens of millions in the country and some being secretive, its very conceivable, with a random jury pool for selection that at least a couple COULD be drawn and they could be committed to giving deceptive answers in order to get on the jury so that Trump is saved. 

This will be an extraordinarily scrutinized jury pool.

I was on a jury 1 time and I lied about something to get on but for the opposite reason as anybody might think.

One of the questions they asked was whether we had ever had a break in or had our cars stolen (that person was charged with breaking in a house).

Living in Detroit, I had my car stolen, then in Cincinnati, broken into. Then here a stalker(from my tv days) broke into my apartment, then later burned it down.

If I had told them that, truthfully, the defense would have thrown me out pronto because the defense was throwing out almost everybody (until the judge ordered them to ok jurors or he was going to make him take the ones he chose). 

I really wanted badly to get on this jury to experience this wonderful process and do my civil duty and was totally dedicated to being objective and fair with prior life incidents playing no role.

I was honest about knowing half a dozen cops from the gym, including the lead detective for the cops that was sitting right there in the courtroom and was shocked they picked me after I told them that. 

I told them that it wouldn't make a difference in my objectivity. 

This wasn't that long after I was on tv, so they all knew me and I'm certain the defense lawyer was thinking he might have a potential wild card, liberally biased ex media person that would get him the 1 juror he needed. 

People that don't want to be on a jury can do the opposite. Get off by pretending to have extreme views. 

They do some independent vetting but after they've thrown out those people, the interviewing process whittles the numbers down and what you tell them makes a huge difference.

I'm so glad to have spent  those 3 days being  on a jury. It's an experience that everybody (that qualifies) should have and contribute to.  I would frown upon people doing what I did, however because being honest is best.

By joj - Aug. 3, 2023, 12:01 p.m.
Like Reply

The prosecution's star witness is... Mike Pence.

On page 33 of the indictment of the United States of America vs Donald J Trump:

The vice president called the defendant on December 25th to wish him a Merry Christmas, the defendant shifted the conversation to January 6th asking the vice president to reject the electors.

The VP pushed back as he had on numerous previous occasions and said:  "You know I don't think I have the authority to change the outcome."

Defendant:  "You're too honest."  

JOJ:  That testimony under oath by Mike Pence in front of a grand jury shows that Trump knew he was lying which shatters the already weak argument that it was ok for him to break the law because he "believed" he won.

Here's another little morsel for you.  Jack Smith used almost exclusively Republican witnesses in this indictment.

Here's one of many in the indictment.  The Michigan House speaker (Republican), who was called to the White House to be pressured by Trump in the conspiracy:

"We diligently examined these reports of fraud.  I fought hard for President Trump.  Nobody wanted him to win more than me.   I think he's done an incredible job, but I love our republic too.  I can't fathom risking our norms, traditions, and institutions to pass a resolution retroactively changing electors for Trump.  I fear we'd lose our country forever.  This surely would bring mutually assured destruction for every future election.  I can't stand for that.  I won't."

You won't learn about that on Fox News.

By metmike - Aug. 3, 2023, 12:48 p.m.
Like Reply

Exactly right, Joj!!!!

And what you just posted is just part of the massive amount of evidence. 

The right keeps telling us that a former president has never been prosecuted like this before so it's purely political.

They clearly don't have a relationship with the authentic facts.

Look how the R party has completely shunned Liz Cheney and Mike Pence, for instance for doing the right thing/being honest/practicing ethics and following the Constitution.

Dedicating their entire lives to the R party .........dropped like a hot potato just because Donald Trump, the new comer with brain capturing appeal says so. 

Anybody that isn't part of the Trump cult/religion is an outsider and can't be trusted. 

And Fox news, leading by far in the ratings in the weekday evenings because old white conservatives still use old fashion television and Fox knows how to capture them.

Provide programming and hosts that say things that they want to hear. 

It's a wonderful business move because Fox is a FOR PROFIT operation that puts money way above ethics and honestly.

Not that the MSM doesn't also play the same ratings and mind control games.

However, Fox during the weekday evenings is the quintessential example of dishonest to even diabolical at times sources exploiting people from one party (the real victims) for their self serving interests. Just like Trump does.

It's sometimes hard to see Rs as victims here because they have free will and choose to go along with this. 

However, I know many of them as good friends. They are good people, with otherwise high moral standards that care dearly about their family's and country.  They want most of the same things as those that see Trump and Fox using them(despite the political differences or how we go about getting those things).

There is nothing close to this: Trump and Fox are the most divisive sources/people that this country has known in my lifetime.

Things are bad now but we are headed into a period of even greater turmoil and divisiveness in this country and you can absolutely, put the greatest blame on Trump and Fox for causing it because they are exploiting the Rs desire to have a better country.

By metmike - Aug. 4, 2023, 11:31 a.m.
Like Reply

Previous thread:

Jan 6 indictment/Trump(8-1-2023)            

Started by metmike - Aug. 1, 2023, 10:32 a.m.            https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/97784/

John Bolton: ‘In a second Trump term, we’d almost certainly withdraw from NATO’

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/4136979-bolton-trump-second-term-nato/

+++++++++++

I actually see some big positives with this idea! Just because we're not in NATO doesn't mean we can't still make SOME of the same good choices.......selectively picking the best ones and not being obligated to the really bad ones. 

By metmike - Aug. 4, 2023, 2:01 p.m.
Like Reply

Mark Levin is Donald Trump’s legal counsel now

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/washington-secrets/mark-levin-is-donald-trumps-legal-counsel-now

++++++++++++++++++++

I'm sure that stories like this get the right all pumped up. However, it's complete farcical nonsense intended to bamboozle people that want to believe it.

The Mark Levin Show Bias and Reliability

https://adfontesmedia.com/mark-levin-show-bias-and-reliability/

What's especially ironic here is Levin's emphatic position on the Constitution..........and the fact that he's getting behind the person that violated the Constitution in a manner that far exceeds any other person in American history. Betrayed his vows to honor the results of the most important part of it..........our democratic election process and results. Completely rejecting his oath to the Constitution and American people to try to overturn the election for self serving benefits. A traitor that committed treason.......but Levin has decided to make up his own Constitutional rules to support Trump. Freakin hypocrite and charlatan of fake Constitution and democracy principles that he spouts just to get people to watch him. 

+++++++++++

From the same source, The Washington Examiner, this also is a huge joke:

Donald Trump indicted: Timeline of 2020 election investigations

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/justice/donald-trump-indicted-timeline-2020-election-investigation

Nov. 3, 2020: Election Day 2020. Then-President Donald Trump is seeking a second term against former Vice President Joe Biden. A winner is not projected by the media within 24 hours of the polls closing, as is usually the case, because of an influx of vote-by-mail due to the coronavirus pandemic, which is slowing vote counting. In the early morning hours of Nov. 4, Trump declares victory despite no media outlet projecting the election for either candidate.

Nov. 7, 2020: Major media outlets project Biden will defeat Trump in the presidential election. Trump doubles down on his claims that he won the election, tweeting, "I WON THIS ELECTION, BY A LOT!

Nov. 14, 2020: Trump launches his scheme to overturn the 2020 election and "defraud the United States," the indictment against Trump claims.

Jan. 6, 2021: Trump holds a rally at the Ellipse after days of pressuring then-Vice President Mike Pence to reject the certified slate of electors in a bid to overturn the results of the presidential election. Pence does not reject the electors, arguing his role in the certification of the election is simply ceremonial. Rioters descend on the Capitol, forcing Pence and members of Congress to evacuate. Eventually, the riots are quelled, and lawmakers return and certify the election for Biden.

+++++++++++++++

What misleading rubbish. As if the charges are based in part on him stating  "I WON THIS ELECTION, BY A LOT! misleading us to think he was just exercising his freedom of speech or  him stating that on Nov. 7, 2020 have anything to do with this. 

+++++++++++++++

BTW, you might wonder why I show the Washington Examiner as a credible source for the Biden investigation and slam their complete bs on the Trump investigation.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/97654/#97723

It's a result of the reality of the world of journalism that we live in today. Most sources affiliate with one political side. You will NEVER get the truth from them on that side because they constantly defend, censor or mislead about their side. Their side doesn't get fact checked of vetted. It get's a free pass almost every time. You're just getting propagada and lies when they're covering their sides issues.

On the other hand, they go after the other side like piranha's. This is where you'll get all the damning evidence. The trick is to filter out the embellishing, exaggerating and misinterpretations. 

Some sources are worse than others. Fox being the worst.

But even Fox has great, authentic evidence on Biden. 

If you want authentic stuff on Biden's crimes, you WON'T get it from the NYT or WP or MSNBC.

I strongly disagree with where they place numerous sources on this chart but it gives you a general idea.

If you want information about Biden's crimes, you'll only get it from sources on the right, as they bs on Trump because they align with him.

For Trump's crimes, go to the sources on the left........and they will delude readers/viewers about Biden because they align with him. 

Here's where almost everybody fails. They ONLY go to one side and believe everything coming from that side.

How to Avoid Misinformaton

https://library.uco.edu/misinformation/mediabias

By metmike - Aug. 4, 2023, 3:08 p.m.
Like Reply

The damaging, divisive political consequences of everybody getting all their news information from just one side and also believing only 1 side of politicians is about to come to roost the next 1.5 years.

Our country's credit rating has already taken a hit over it but we ain't seen nothing yet )-: with both leading candidates for president in 2024 having committed serious crimes, being investigated.........of course by the opposite party(which is the only party that will hold them accountible) while the ones from the same party, tenaciously defend their person, with no regards for the truth. 

Get ready for the most tumultous, chaotic period in a very long time for the United States and it taking a toll on how the rest of the world sees our country.

Try to see things thru their eyes, if you can for a moment to understand how horrible this looks.

The US appears to be no better than any of the other very corrupt counties in the world as evidenced by the 2 leading candidates for both parties and the American people, especially in the case of  tens of millions supporting Trump, actually choosing this path(supporting somebody that committed treason/violated his oath and the Constitution because he has them spellbound).

To the rest of the world, the US has no Constitution or Democracy or stable/honest leaders that can communicate principles and ideas well.

We're just  2 extremely divisive political tribes trying to destroy the other one to try to impose what 1 side wants using any tactics that they can at the expense of everything else.

Face it, that's the truth and its worse today than it was a month ago, which was worse than it was a year ago, which was worse than 10 years ago, when everybody thought that is was bad under Obama.

The trend is NOT our friend and the extremely volatile dynamics in play for the next 1.5 years can only make it worse. 

What can turn it around?

I can't think of anything that is possible in this environment. 

Ironically, the last thing we need to be doing is sponsoring the killing of hundreds of thousands of people half way around the world in a territorial dispute between 2 countries when the United States is anything but  an example of  positive leadership and ethical standards. 

We have created a dozen new adversaries around the world(and given old ones) ammo against us , just from our blatantly flawed and biased  war in Ukraine. 

The first step that I would take right now as president to help restore credibility to our country is to cause peace to happen in Ukraine ASAP with intense negotiations, whatever concessions have to be made. 

That still won't fix the divide here in our country but it will stop THAT damage which is adding up day after day. 

By WxFollower - Aug. 4, 2023, 4:06 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike said: "Get ready for the most tumultous, chaotic period in a very long time for the United States and it taking a toll on how the rest of the world sees our country."

--------

Hey Mike,

There's no longer much united about the United States any more. The name should be changed to the DS or Divided States of America.

By metmike - Aug. 4, 2023, 4:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Exactly, Larry and the media feeds on this because it's great for ratings.

The Hill has a link devoted to its constantly updated articles about Trump that I show here.

https://thehill.com/people/donald-trump/

The Washington  Examiner does the same thing with their Biden link.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tag/hunter-biden

And I post them here as great sources with almost all legit information on those particular topics. It's not always bad. It's not always DISinformation. 

But the average person affiliated with one political side is going to gravitate to only narratives which tell them what they want to believe and not have any ability to sort out what's true and what's false. Having no interest in doing that because one of the most unpleasant things to do for most people is to scrutinize their own beliefs with the objective of  separating out the political chaff and keeping the wheat.

Like Larry said, "The name should be changed to the DS or Divided States of America."

By metmike - Aug. 4, 2023, 7:57 p.m.
Like Reply

Nearly two-thirds of Americans think Jan. 6 charges against Trump are serious: POLL

Trump was indicted for the third time on Tuesday and has pleaded not guilty.

August 4, 2023, 6:07 AM

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/thirds-americans-jan-6-charges-trump-poll/story?id=101954747

+++++++++++++

I'm convinced that after the government and others present their overwhelming case with the authentic evidence, which WILL convict Trump unless they get a Fox viewer on the jury, that everybody (except the Trump cult which either denies or goes to sources that censor the authentic facts) will have no doubts about his guilt.

Crazy things can happen, depending on when the trial actually happens.

Regardless, even if its AFTER the election with Trump still able to remain as the R candidate in the election. The evidence will likely be out there. So in the general election, the majority of voting Americans will be NEVER Trumpers and you'll get even more Ds to vote that normally don't vote just to defeat him.

But this is what makes it such a wild card.

The evidence for Bidens crimes will also be out there and though the Ds will save him from being impeached, everybody will know about that.

Could this cause more people, like me to not vote????

At this point, thats what I have to do if both these people run again.

By metmike - Aug. 5, 2023, 8:26 a.m.
Like Reply

Trump and allies boost calls for Justice Dept. takeover in new attack on democratic institutions

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-and-allies-boost-calls-for-justice-dept-takeover-in-new-attack-on-democratic-institutions/ar-AA1eOMLt?rc=1&ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=e66044965dfd4464a78093e6e379013a&ei=6

To be sure, other risks for American democracy beyond a takeover of federal law enforcement remain. The myth that Trump won the 2020 election has taken firm hold in the Republican electorate, with nearly 60% of GOP voters saying in an Associated Press poll last fall that Biden was not legitimately elected. The belief has led millions to distrust voting machines, mail balloting and vote counting while leading to death threats against election officials.

+++++++++++++++++

Here's the scariest thing of all:

Despite Trump committing treason with his attempt to overturn the most secure presidential election in history and deserving prison with only the DOJ capable of delivering true  justice, having a mountain of legit evidence to convict him of his crimes............he and the right are exactly right about corruption of the DOJ and U.S. Intel community.

The Mueller investigation was 100% corrupted. Weaponizing the DOJ, that colluded with the MSM and dems for 2.5 years to manufacture false narratives about Trump colluding with Russia to discredit his presidency. Trump did nothing wrong!

Then, after it was over,  pretending the investigation was really about Russian interference, not Trump.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/96516/#96545

One of my favorite moments here, busting Mueller was when I got him red handed, contacting CNN ahead of the arrest of Roger Stone so they would have a crew out there to film it. Even though they cleared the entire block of any people-there was CNN on Stone's private camera, having discussions with the FBI in front of Stone's house,  an hour before the arrest to determine where the best place would be for their photographer and reporter, that came from out of town to set up, so they would record  and broadcast it with the Mueller spin.

CNN claimed it was "reporter instincts" that resulted in them being there, with nobody questioning the fact that FBI protocol banned EVERYBODY, including media from being on that block ahead of/during the arrest. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/24648/#24659

++++++++++++++++++

Of course, we are witnessing the DOJ's blatant corruption and bias with the Hunter Biden situation too.

What a mess!

Trump committed multiple serious crimes this time since he lost the 2020 election (not before the 2020 election-those were manufactured-including his first impeachment joke by the dems)...........but the only entity that can hold him accountable for these legit crimes, is extraordinarily corrupt themselves and did a blatantly corrupt investigation of him in the past!

Trump and the right are using the rock solid, provable facts about him being the victim of the Mueller witch hunt and farcical impeachment to convince his followers that these same entities are doing the exact same thing again.

And its working.

This is just proof that our country has become rotten to the core. Both parties, the DOJ and Intel have become extremely corrupt. When one party commits corruption, then it's up to another corrupt entity to investigate and prosecute the corruption....... and they do it based on their corrupted bias.

What entity is left that can be trusted and that can step in to fix it????

Biden is rotten to the core as is the D party!

The honest Rs, like Liz Cheney have been completely shunned and kicked out of the R party for being honest and having ethics. Even Pence is an outsider because he didn't go along with cult leader Trump's plan.

Answer: There is no such entity or way to make this better right now. It will likely get much worse before it gets better. Prepare for the most political turmoil and chaos that any of us have experienced in our lifetime the next 1.5 years.  Only the Civil War was worse.

And many in the media are loving this. For the MSM, a dying breed with the new technologies capturing most of the viewers/readers, this is a huge steroid shot that is massively boosting their ratings/sales. They are exploiting it, amplifying the divide, NOT trying to be a force of reason to unite our country. They are in the business to make money from generating maximum sales of the news products they sell.

The media is often very biased and in many cases(Fox),  just as corrupt as the corrupt entities they report on!!!

By metmike - Aug. 6, 2023, 4:53 p.m.
Like Reply

https://www.fultongrandjury.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwib2mBhDWARIsAPZUn_krUukh2I_hGBDHvsDEu96QIIhFxpsxY952zfE7Z8P23V8QW4iErQ8aAuuFEALw_wcB

LATEST NEWS
  • Trump indicted for third time by another federal grand jury – this time for election interference in 2020
  • Georgia Grand Jury Could IndictTrump in August For The Following Crimes:
    • racketeering
    • solicitation to commit election fraud
    • conspiracy to commit election fraud
    • solicitation of a public officer to fail to perform their duties
    • solicitation to destroy, deface, or remove ballots
  • Trump Charged On 3 Additional Counts in Federal Documents Case – New Indictment Indicates He Ordered Security Footage Deleted
  • The Differences Between the Cases Against Trump

FULTON COUNTY INVESTIGATION

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis convened a special purpose grand jury to investigate Donald Trump and his allies to determine if they attempted to unlawfully interfere with the results of the 2020 Georgia Presidential Election. The special grand jury, after months of reviewing evidence and interviewing witnesses, filed a report recommending charges against multiple individuals, though the charges and who was charged is not yet known. A “regular” grand jury will now review the evidence and decide whether to indict anyone for crimes related to these events. The DA’s office has indicated that indictments may be coming later this summer.

READ MORERICO CHARGESFANI WILLISWITNESSESSPECIAL GRAND JURY REPORTCOFFEE COUNTY VOTING MACHINESRAFFENSPERGER CALL

TRUMP INDICTMENTS

Donald Trump is currently facing 71 counts of violating various laws. 34 of these counts are in New York state court, related to hush money payments he made to an adult film star while he was running for office; 37 of the counts are in a federal court in Florida stemming from unlawful retention of classified documents after he was President.

The New York state court case is currently scheduled to go to trial in March 2024.

The Florida Federal case is currently scheduled to go to trial in August 2023.

Trump is also under investigation in Georgia, DC, and NY, and may face more charges in the future.

OVERVIEW OF CASES

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The claim that Donald Trump is just a victim and all these entities are making stuff up to target him so that he won't get elected in 2024 is going to get harder and harder to sell as more and more of the evidence is out there for longer and longer.

Even Fox censoring the truth can't shield him forever, when the rest of the world will be have it plastered everywhere. 

The majority of Trump supporters will NEVER change their minds on him but some of them will realize the damage that he's doing to their party. 

Can you imagine what the history books will say about Donald Trump in 100 years?

He's  crystal clearly mentally ill with a clinically significant case of grandiosity and because of that, all this attention is literally feeding it and making it more extreme. Instead of treatment to get better, the dynamics of all these indictments and his tenacious support from tens of millions in his cult, is profoundly feeding his grandiosity and turning him into a delusional, raving  nut case, losing more touch with reality and spouting constant nonsense. Not exactly the making of a good president. I really can't see how he avoids prison, other than getting elected and pardoning himself. I also don't see how he will get elected but let's hope the Ds get smart enough to ffinally dump their huge albatross. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/95084/#95119

There's a long way to go to the next election. Let's hope at least that the 2 front runners are long gone before then. If they aren't, our country will suffer hard to predict, increasingly negative consequences from the escalating divisiveness and insanity. 

These are the political things that I hope for the most to benefit our world and country:

1. Ending the Ukraine war.

2. Replacing Trump as the R front runner

3. Biden resigns before the impeachment process

Exposing the fake climate crisis didn't even make the current top 3 (-:

1. Again, since we have 0 control in the outcome of those issues, it makes no sense to lose a minute of sleep over it. 

2. Don't be afraid of having a relationship with the truth, especially when it contradicts what you want to believe.

3.  In the long run, it lessens the stress. Stress comes from when you want to believe in something and you're constantly being bombarded by authentic facts that contradict it.

4. Peace of mind comes from having an open mind and knowing the truth. This puts you in the constant position of receiving authentic facts backing it up. It can be very stressful when people lie about the truth or state things that you don't like to hear or when the truth is bad for what you want to believe in.........but knowing the truth and standing up strongly for it,  for most people is a source of strength and confidence. And its always a positive reinforcement of our own personal ethics and belief system. Always makes us feel good about ourselves and profoundly increases our credibility in the eyes of others.

By metmike - Aug. 6, 2023, 6:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Trump special counsel Jack Smith files protective order over ex-president's threatening Truth Social post saying 'If you go after me, I'm coming after you', over fears of witness intimidation

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12375335/Trump-special-counsel-Jack-Smith-enters-ex-presidents-threatening-Truth-Social-post-saying-Im-coming-evidence-just-HOURS-published.html

++++++++++++++++

Trump's 'Chilling' Threat Disturbs an Ex-Staffer: 'Makes Me Nervous'

https://www.newsweek.com/trumps-chilling-threat-disturbs-ex-staffer-makes-me-nervous-1817687

+++++++++++++++

Trump is an extremely dangerous, mentally ill psycopath with tremendous power over the minds of millions of people. He's already clearly demonstrated on Jan 6, 2021 what he can do with that power.

The insanity of him making public threats like this to those that are holding him accountable,  shows that he's completely unable to contemplate negative realities of his actions.

He's so deluded with severe grandiosity that his mind sees Donald Trump as this infallible person that doesn't have to follow rules and laws and he will use his great power to escape all consequences/accountability and to crush people that get in his way.

This is exactly how Donald Trump thinks!

The good thing is that he no longer has the same platform that he had as president, right after the election which enabled him to maximize his powers.

A judge will put an end to this pronto.  Serious threats to prosecutors and others is NOT part of free speech.

But neither is trying to overturn an election/subvert the results with devious schemes.

By metmike - Aug. 7, 2023, 8:12 p.m.
Like Reply

Latest updates: The indictment of former President Donald Trump

https://www.politico.com/latest-news-updates/2023/trump-indictment

Donald Trump-The Hill

https://thehill.com/people/donald-trump/

++++++++++++

Nobody could have imagined this situation a decade ago. We've gotten used to living like this for a couple of years but if you take a step back and contemplate it from the eyes of Americans and their expectations just 10 years ago and previous to that.......wow! so surreal!

By metmike - Aug. 8, 2023, 7:17 p.m.
Like Reply

The Hill’s Morning Report — Lawyers say DOJ wants to ‘censor’ Trump

https://thehill.com/newsletters/morning-report/4143216-the-hills-morning-report-lawyers-say-doj-wants-to-censor-trump/

Special counsel Jack Smith and his team last week sought a protective order, citing in part Trump’s history of posting on social media about “witnesses, judges, attorneys and others” associated with cases against him, including a post last week that said, “IF YOU GO AFTER ME, I’M COMING AFTER YOU!”

+++++++++++++++++++++

The first Amendment doesn't give anybody the right to incite riots, violence or make serious threats. 

Given the opportunity, that's exactly what Donald Trump will do with his power over 20 million Rs. This isn't speculation............he already did it, causing the January 6th Insurrection.

Trumps deadly weapon is his words and the 20 million people that believe what he tells them. Think of how many crazies you can find out of 20,000,000 people. Note how many came to Washington on January 6, 2021.

The point of these indictments is to hold Trump accountable for his crimes trying to overthrow the results of the most secure election in history,  so that doesn't ever happen again. Giving him a platform to exploit the exact some tool(his mouth/words)  and tactic, to target the same people(his followers)  to wreak havoc on anybody that gets in the way of what Donald Trump wants IS NOT FREE SPEECH.

He's an extremely unpredictable,  mentally ill and dangerous man with more power over more people than anybody in our history. 

Not censoring his dangerous weapon would be like giving a career pedophile a Summer job as the school nurse at an elementary school. 

By metmike - Aug. 10, 2023, 10:31 a.m.
Like Reply

'Bogus through and through': Ex-solicitor general torpedoes Trump’s 'First Amendment' complaints   

https://www.alternet.org/bogus-through-and-through-trump/

"within twenty-four hours here he is threatening, basically, intimidating witnesses from Mike Pence and saying, 'If you, come after me, I'll come after you' to the whole world and so on."

++++++++++

Trump's lawyers WANT this protective order. It protects Trump from his and their own worst enemy.......Donald J, Trump! It's the only chance they have to keep him from saying more and more damaging things.

+++++-

Trump has an extreme personality disorder that is rapidly progressing. He is, by a wide margin, the most dangerous person to Americans right now. (Biden, so far only kills Ukrainians).

We have a super, major problem here, folks. An extremely dangerous, vindictive cult leader that controls the thinking of 20 million people. He’s about to be held accountable for his numerous crimes. 

its impossible to know how this will go down the next 2 years but at some point, Trump will be free to speak out again,probably after being convicted.

its  almost a given, because he’s not being treated by professionals that his mental illness will this bad or even worse.

Our country is in huge trouble when he’s able to start inciting violence again, like he did on Jan 6th Because of his power.

The only  chance we have would be, when sentencing him, the judge (on the advice of the prosecutors) should make his terms for freedom based on NOT attacking other entities related to these cases on social media Or in public.

in the absence of that, if Trump is not in prison, he will devote every minute of his life using his power over people to get revenge.

I seriously think that the best solution, would be to tell Trump he has a choice. Prison or a life time ban from social media and public speaking. They should also insist on professional treatment from psychiatrists.….which trump will ignore but they should do it because it’s the right thing to do.

He might take the prison, get out and pick up where he left off, being more enraged. This is a profoundly dangerous situation for our country.

By metmike - Aug. 11, 2023, 2:27 p.m.
Like Reply

Conservative Legal Scholars Argue Trump Is Disqualified for Office Under 14th Amendment    

"Donald Trump cannot be president—cannot run for president, cannot become president, cannot hold office—unless two-thirds of Congress decides to grant him amnesty for his conduct on January 6."

https://www.commondreams.org/news/conservative-scholars-trump-disqualified

"A pair of conservative legal scholars argue in a newly released paper that, under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment, former President Donald Trump is disqualified to hold office again, echoing a case long made by progressive experts and watchdogs."

+++++++++++++++

This is exactly what I've been saying for 2.5+ years!

By metmike - Aug. 12, 2023, 12:37 a.m.
Like Reply

Judge issues protective order against Trump, cautioning him against 'inflammatory statements'

The judge said the former president's First Amendment rights are "not absolute."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/judge-hearing-arguments-proposed-protective-order-trumps-jan/story?id=102197791

Out of a random 20 million people, we expect to find several thousand that are not very stable and will commit violence/crimes.

Out of Trump's  20 million cult like followers, we would expect to find several thousand deranged people that will do things like...............cause an Insurrection because they do what they think Donald Trump wants them to do.

That's why a judge today had to do this.

By metmike - Aug. 12, 2023, 2:51 p.m.
Like Reply

SMOKING GUN!

The secret memo and obscure lawyer at the center of the Trump indictment

The newly revealed document shows us how the fake elector scheme evolved.

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/trump-lawyer-chesebro-memo-key-indictment-rcna99526

++++++++++++++++

Read the entire story. Anybody that still thinks that this was about Trump's First Amendment rights and free speech........WHY???

Fox and similar sources won't tell  their viewers about this scheme of course, so people that go there to get what they want to hear,  can continue to believe in the complete nonsense 1st Amendment defense.

By metmike - Aug. 13, 2023, 10:40 p.m.
Like Reply

Trump’s legal team connected to Georgia voting system breach: report

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4151137-trumps-legal-team-connected-to-georgia-voting-system-breach-report/

+++++++++++

Just mind boggling that a sitting president of our country did all this stuff and was so delusional, that he actually thought that his criminal schemes would work and he would be successful in overturning the results of the election(most secure in history)............and he had numerous accomplices! 

By metmike - Aug. 14, 2023, 11:42 p.m.
Like Reply

No surprise.

Donald Trump indicted in Georgia election subversion probe    

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/14/politics/donald-trump-fulton-county-georgia/index.html

READ: Trump indictment in Fulton County, Georgia, probe    

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/14/politics/read-trump-indictment-georgia-election/index.html

Entire 98 pages of indictment at this link above.

+++++++++

One of the scary things here is that this is no longer shocking. It's the new normal. 

So is the blaming of every extreme weather event from natural variation on the fake climate crisis and claiming that eliminating fossil fuels will fix it.

So is the war in Ukraine. No peace talks? No problem!  

A war killing 500,000 real human beings(which would be over .1% of the entire US population) and additional deaths piling up, with no end in sight and propaganda justifying it to infinity is just an accepted part of our world in 2023.

By metmike - Aug. 18, 2023, 6:25 p.m.
Like Reply

Trump supporters post names and addresses of Georgia grand jurors online

A fringe website featured the purported names and addresses of the Fulton County grand jury that indicted Trump and 18 other people for their efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/names-addresses-grand-jurors-georgia-trump-indictment-posted-online-rcna100239

+++++++++++++

This is already a  problem. The question is how big of a problem will it turn into?

‘Biased.’ ‘Corrupt.’ ‘Deranged.’ Trump’s Taunts Test Limits of Release.

https://news.yahoo.com/biased-corrupt-deranged-trump-taunts-114912788.html

It's absurd that Trump

1. Is even a free man right now

2. That this blatantly treasonous man, traitor to the Constitution, our democracy and American people would even be allowed to run for president.

3. And 10s of millions of people worship him as part of a cult like tribe that wants to believe in everything that he says, so they completely ignore all the facts/information that contradicts it. 

The saddest thing is that a huge part of why his cult feels this way is completely legit and was caused by Trumps persecutors while he was president.

1. The very corrupt, 2.5 year Mueller witch hunt, pretending to look for Russian interference(that has always been there) meant to discredit Trump as president and provide the media, with the perfect environment for  2+ years of completely making up false narratives to pound into peoples heads. 

2. Trump actually got impeached the first time for trying to get Ukraine to investigate Joe and Hunter Bidens, REAL AS RAIN corruption because our own DOJ, Ds and media was and still is protecting them. 

The Dems, media and DOJ really did  these corrupt things to try to take down Trump when he was completely innocent.

His supporters know this and they are right.

This has made it easy for Trump to commit multiple REAL crimes, then as a defense to his followers, claim that he's just being victimized again by THE SAME entities with TDS that went after him the first 2 times and other times using complete fraud.

Most people don't pick and choose what they want to believe and what they don't want to believe with each party. If they affiliate strongly to one party or candidate, they WANT TO believe,  like the rest of their tribe in everything their group or person stands for.

It's in our DNA to be this way. 

The DOJ, media and Ds, by their previous extremely political, corrupt actions against Trump, have provided the greatest ammo for Donald Trump's effectiveness  in selling himself as a victim FOREVER!

So make no mistake.

Donald Trump did all these crimes but the other side set the stage for his supporters to just CONTINUE TO believe Trump over them.

By metmike - Aug. 19, 2023, 12:03 a.m.
Like Reply

That wasn’t a defense of people that support trump and  believe all his lies.

just an explanation for part of the reason for how we got to this dysfunctional place.

if you belong to 1 party, it’s extremely likely that you are convinced that most of the problem is the result of the other parties actions and agenda And your party is in the business of holding people from the other side accountable for their crimes and bad policies and your side has all the answers to fix the U.S.

I wonder how many people think that trump belongs in prison AND Hunter Biden belongs in prison and joe Biden deserves to be impeached at the very least?

I don’t know of any media outlets that have taken that stance.

or that trump AND the Biden’s are innocent.

By metmike - Aug. 28, 2023, 10:23 a.m.
Like Reply

Opinion: Why Trump’s January 6 defense is even worse than it seems    https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/28/opinions/trump-january-6-indictment-2020-election-lubet/index.html

++++++++

The right is delusional to think that Trump didn't do all this stuff and that there isn't 10 times the LEGIT evidence needed to convict him.

His many violations are mind boggling egregious and crystal clear. Wanting to believe otherwise is just more proof in our world that people would rather believe things that they want to be true rather than embrace realities they wish were not true.