Apple Getting Into Banking/credit cards
1 response | 1 like
Started by joj - July 1, 2023, 6:51 a.m.

I happen to be an Apple customer.  (iPhones, laptops, AirPods).  I love their products and I love their free customer support service by friendly competent techies.  That support is available via phone call, online chat, or in-person appointments (they call those the genius bar).  Let me reiterate that customer support is free.  Useful for a tech challenged 65 year old like me.

I've recently acquired an Apple credit card which is attached to my iPhone.  I just scan it and my purchase is completed.  They not only give you 2% cash back (better than all the major cards), the money immediately goes into your savings account earning 4.15% (presently).  The major credit card companies make you claim your cashback and it gets 0% while it is sitting there.  Your balance is right there on your phone to use any time you like.  But no hurry since it's earning interest anyway.

Oh, by the way, Apple has a reputation for excellent security too.

No wonder the company's market capitalization just eclipsed 3 Trillion $$ (the largest in the world).  

Alas, I wish I'd bought the shares and not all the products and services.

Comments
By metmike - July 1, 2023, 10:20 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks, joj. I would try to post some charts but have no internet or computer from recent storms.