Rebel Russian mercenaries barrel towards Moscow
8 responses | 0 likes
Started by WxFollower - June 24, 2023, 1:22 p.m.

ROSTOV-ON-DON/VORONEZH, Russia, June 24 (Reuters) - Mutinous Russian mercenary fighters headed towards Moscow on Saturday after seizing a southern city overnight, with Russia's military firing on them from the air but seemingly incapable of slowing their lightning advance.

Facing the first serious challenge to his grip on power of his 23-year rule, President Vladimir Putin vowed to crush an armed mutiny he compared to Russia's Civil War a century ago.

The fighters of the Wagner private army run by former Putin ally Yevgeny Prigozhin were already most of the way to the capital, having captured the city of Rostov and set off on an 1,100 km (680 mile) race to Moscow.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/wagner-head-suggests-his-mercenaries-headed-moscow-take-army-leadership-2023-06-24/

Comments
By WxFollower - June 24, 2023, 1:39 p.m.
Like Reply

Belarus says its leader Alexander Lukashenko has convinced the Russian warlord Yevgeny Prigozhin to stop his advance on Moscow, signalling a possible end to the first coup attempt in Russia in three decades.

https://www.ft.com/content/9cd09366-25db-4057-a41d-0ea04b659d97

By 12345 - June 24, 2023, 1:52 p.m.
Like Reply

I WATCHED A LOT OF THAT DURING THE NIGHT. THIS MORNING I WOKE & WATCHED THIS.  WHAT A MESS!

Putin addresses the nation on Wagner rebellion (English subtitles)

By metmike - June 24, 2023, 4:27 p.m.
Like Reply

Getting rid of Putin would be the best thing possible

still not worth even 1% of what Ukraine went thru to join nato.

this could make Putin more desparate and dangerous.

By metmike - June 24, 2023, 8:13 p.m.
Like Reply

After seeing the result..............this doesn't make a great deal of sense.

The opposition fails yet, Putin is ok with them just going merrily on their way?

How often does Putin make national addresses like this, appealing to his base about being attacked from within that everybody on the planet can see?

He would never want the world to see this weakness unless there's more to it.

I have a potential speculative theory...........and its just a theory that explains the missing link we don't have that would make sense of this.

Recall that Donald Trump was gradually losing support from the R party after he was out of office. I think it had dropped below 40% at one point.

Then, all these attacks came on him from the justice department  and what was the impact?

His support SURGED higher. Every new attack caused the R party to rally stronger behind him. 

Donald Trump is a cult leader that, by definition manipulates the minds of millions.

President Putin is a cult leader that also manipulates the minds of the Russians in very similar fashion.

Listen to the video from Larry's link. Putin is firing up all his people from the Father Land to unite behind him for the sake of Russia because he's being attacked by traitors to the country and traitors to their people. 

Putin is using this attempted coup to generate additional support and become stronger BECAUSE OF THE ATTACK, the same way cult leader Trump does when he is attacked.

Right from the playbook of brainwashing 101. When the cult leader is attacked from enemies, it makes their followers rally in defense of the leader.

Rational thinking people on the outside are blown away that instead of exposing the cult leader and making them weaker...........it instead, makes them stronger.

Putin's compelling speech was specifically targeting his core Russian audience to manipulate them and he apparently has solid control of over half of the Russian minds. That control has been weakening lately because of the toll the war is taking on everybody, so people are questioning WHY?

His speech just told them exactly WHY. FOR RUSSIA!  And now,  there are people from within that are traitors to the Russian cause attacking them. 

A speech like that wouldn't have much more meaning than any other the last 1+ years..........except for the brand new dynamic. A group of traitors attacking. If you care about Russia, you need to rally in support of him and the nationalistic cause which transcends everything else if you are a true Russian that cares about the Father land.

If we didn't have Trump demonstrating this principle the last year, that might seem sort of far fetched.

Trump ‘is in trouble’, says insider after DeSantis surges in 2024 polls

This article is more than 6 months old

Florida governor takes enormous lead over embattled ex-president for 2024 race as Mike Pence nears a run of his own

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/dec/14/desantis-trump-2024-republican-presidential-poll

In a poll regarding potential Republican nominees for president in 2024, the Florida governor, Ron DeSantis, led Donald Trump by a whopping 23 points.

Republican and Republican-leaning voters dealt the significant blow to the former president’s ego in a survey carried out by USA Today and Suffolk University and released on Tuesday.

Worse was to come for Trump on Wednesday, with the release of a Wall Street Journal survey which gave DeSantis a 14-point lead, 52%-38%, in a hypothetical primary matchup, and a CNN poll that said 62% of Republicans wanted their party to nominate someone else in 2024.

In messages seen by the Guardian, one veteran Trump insider said: “He IS in trouble.”

++++++++++

What Polling Says About the Politics of Trump's Indictment

https://time.com/6268048/donald-trump-indictment-polling/

Polling shows that the indictment may have given Trump a boost with voters as well. A Yahoo! News-YouGov poll taken immediately after the indictment found a surge in support for Trump, with 57% of respondents saying they would vote for the former President over Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, his perceived top rival, who drew 31%. As recently as February, DeSantis led Trump in a head-to-head matchup in the same poll. In the new survey, Trump held leads among independents, Evangelical Christians, and voters of all ages and education levels.                 

Another poll released April 3 by Reuters/Ipsos also found that Trump had widened his lead since the indictment, with 48% of Republicans saying they want Trump as their nominee, up from 44% earlier in March. Support for DeSantis dropped to 19% in the wake of the charges, down from 30% in March.

++++++++++++++++

We are hearing the talking heads tell us that this event will weaken Putin in Russia.

Those same people thought that Indicting Trump would weaken his grip on Rs that they thought would view Trump the same way they do.

People in Russia view Putin the same way that people on the far right view Trump.

In most realms, when one of your own is attacked by a perceived enemy the instinctive response is to rally to support the one from your own tribe and not care about the circumstances or whether your person did something wrong or not. 

By 12345 - June 24, 2023, 9:27 p.m.
Like Reply

I COULDN'T GET INTO LARRYS'  FT.COM.  BUT GOT ON THE OTHER ONE.

THESE "CAT & MOUSE CARTOONS", I'M BGINNING TO THINK THEY'RE ALL STAGED! SOMEBODY IS GETTING FILTHY RICH OVER IT ALL... IMO  IF YA REALLY WANNA WIN A REAL WAR, NOW-A-DAYS, IT CAN WON IN AN INSTANT.

AS SOON AS THERE'S A LULL IN COVERAGE, "THEY" PULL ANOTHER STUNT.

CULTS HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR EONS.... INCLUDING MAINSTREAM RELIGIOUS CULTS. SCHOOLS... ETC.  ONE DAY, THEY'LL ALL BE GONE, IN A FLASH.

By metmike - June 25, 2023, 2:08 p.m.
Like Reply

My previous post, as  I indicated was just wild speculation to make sense out of something that makes no sense right now.

We would all love to believe that this is finally the end for Putin. Let's hope so. 

That too, is speculation.

Bizarre and chaotic 36 hours in Russia feels like the beginning of the end for Putin    

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/25/europe/putin-russia-analysis-intl/index.html

By 12345 - June 25, 2023, 2:28 p.m.
Like Reply

LOL  AND, THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT ~ THE WHOLE THING HAS TURNED INTO A GUESSING GAME.  

PERSONALLY ~ IF I HAD A LEADER LIKE PUTIN, FOR 25 YEARS AND, SOMEONE WOULD ATTEMPT TO TAKE HIM OUT IN THE SAME OR EVEN WORSE RUTHLESS MANNER, AS HE'S BEEN ~ I'D MUCH RATHER KEEP THE "PUTIN" I'VE COME TO "KNOW".  HE SHOULD'VE BEEN REMOVED A LONG TIME AGO.

By metmike - June 26, 2023, 7:41 p.m.
Like Reply

Putin slams ‘traitors’ as Prigozhin claims mercenary rebellion was only a ‘protest’    

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/26/europe/prigozhin-speaks-moscow-march-intl/index.html

What followed was a remarkable 24-hour confrontation that seemingly weakened Putin’s reputation and sowed further discord and infighting in Russia’s military ranks.

Wagner chief Yevgeny Prigozhin breaks silence, appears to taunt Putin over coup attempt: ‘We showed a master class’

https://nypost.com/2023/06/26/wagner-chief-yevgeny-prigozhin-breaks-silence-to-claim-attempted-russian-coup-was-just-a-protest/

“Some are disappointed that we stopped because in the march of justice, in addition to our struggle for existence, they saw support for the fight against bureaucracy and other ailments that exist in our country today,” Prigozhin said.  

He ultimately described his march as one of fighting injustice, saying: “We went to demonstrate our protest and not to overthrow power in the country.”