Great job McCarthy-Biden/Congress!
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - May 31, 2023, 10:04 p.m.

Don't get to say that too often! I assume the Senate will pass this bill too!

House passes bill to raise debt ceiling

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4029385-house-passes-bill-to-raise-debt-ceiling-days-ahead-of-default-deadline/

Comments
By 12345 - June 1, 2023, 3:04 a.m.
Like Reply

WELLLLLLLLL.... WE'RE NOW 1/2 DOOMED!   

By metmike - June 1, 2023, 8:33 a.m.
Like Reply

We have to start somewhere and this was the best chance to take a  huge step in the right direction.

Debt ceiling vote recap: McCarthy lauds deal, pledges to get more work done

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4026942-debt-ceiling-mccarthy-us-house-live-coverage/

++++++++++++++++++

The bipartisan passage of this bill is profoundly positive for our country at a time when divisive politics are the rule.

The extremes of both parties squawking about why this bill stinks, especially those on the FAR right(like Sean Hannity last night) calling for McCarthy to be removed can kiss my arse, especially mentally ill ex president Trump.

THEY are exactly what's destroying our democracy right now.

They may have some great for America agenda but when you are NOT the majority, you MUST negotiate and give in to those on the other side of the isle and move towards the middle in order to have any sort of functional harmony for this country to move forward.

That's also a wonderful tactic for success and system health,  even when you are the majority but have significant minorities of others that deserve consideration.

That rule applies to almost every realm in life too,when you have people coming from different backgrounds/places, representing different interests/view points.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/95689/#95722

By metmike - June 1, 2023, 1:59 p.m.
Like Reply

Despite this  small victory, there is MUCH work to be done to stop the eventual collapse:

Ticking Time Bomb: Social Security & Medicare Are Broke    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RmArwGGmPY

By 12345 - June 1, 2023, 2:51 p.m.
Like Reply

"That rule applies to almost every realm in life too,when you have people coming from different backgrounds/places, representing different interests/view points."

I AGREE ~ BIDENS' 100 DAY SILENCE IS LIKE AN ABUSIVE SPOUSE, IMO. THEY DON'T THINK YOU'LL EVER LEAVE 'EM, UNTIL THEY SEE YA HEADED FOR THE DOOR. THEN, THEY "CONVIENTLY" WANNA TALK, ON THEIR TERMS = "OK , OK. OK!!" ~  (NOT WHEN THE TROUBLE 1ST STARTED). EVENTUALLY, THE TROUBLE STARTS ALL OVER.  A LOSE / LOSE SITUATION.

By 12345 - June 2, 2023, 8:53 a.m.
Like Reply
By 12345 - June 2, 2023, 1:38 p.m.
Like Reply
By WxFollower - June 2, 2023, 2:30 p.m.
Like Reply

I've always been a fan of bipartisanship.

By metmike - June 2, 2023, 2:59 p.m.
Like Reply

Larry,

Your authentic objectivity and bipartisanship political mentality has always shined brightly here!

By 12345 - June 4, 2023, 4:02 a.m.
Like Reply

ME, TOO ~ LARRY.  THE PROBLEM IS: THEIR DEFINITION OF BIPARTISAN, IS DIFFEERENT THAN MINE.

IT REALLY IS NO DIFFERENT THAN A HUMAN MARRIAGE, IMO. WHEN "TROUBLE" STARTS ~ IMMEDIATELY, START WORKING ON IT...BEFORE RESENTMENT SETS IN.

BACK IN THE '70 ERA ~ I BEGAN TO THINK: "WHAT WOULD CHANGE, IF THE RULES WERE CHANGED?"  EXAMPLE:  1. A DEMOCRAT GETS ELECTED POTUS  2. ALL NON- DEMS WOULD BE OUT OF A JOB, COME THE NEXT CONGRESSIONAL ELECTION. AND, ONLY THE DEMS WOULD CAMPAIGN TO FILL THOSE SEATS... UNTIL A REPUBLICAN (OR A DIFFERENT PARTY) WON THE NEXT POTUS ELECTION.

I CAN'T SEE WHY THAT WOULD CAUSE MORE CHAOS, THAN WHAT WE HAVE NOW. LET THE COINTRY BE "RULED" BY ONE PARTY AT A TIME. IT WOULDN'T TAKE TOO MANY CYCLES TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IS BEST FOR OUR COUNTRY & WHICH PARTY CREATED THE MOST GOOD.

SEEMS PRETTY STRAIGHT FORWARD, TO ME .   THERE WOULD BE VERY FEW POLITICAL CARREERS... PLUS, THEIR RETIREMENT PAY WOULD BE ZILCH! LOL  LET THE PEOPLE VOTE ON OUR EMPLOYEES' PAY & BENEFITS!  THEY ARE OUR EMPLOYEES, YA KNOW.