Will Hurd for POTUS?
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by WxFollower - May 11, 2023, 10:46 a.m.

I'm keeping an eye out for Will Hurd in case he decides to run for POTUS in 2024. He's rather appealing to me and has definitely not been a Trump supporter in recent years. Believe it or not, I discovered him just a couple of days ago after an interview on CNN. Have any of you heard of him?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/show/former-republican-rep-will-hurd-shares-his-ideas-for-an-american-reboot

Comments
By metmike - May 11, 2023, 11:09 a.m.
Like Reply

Larry, 

This is exactly  one of the things that we need in our country right now!

Shifting the focus away from the worst presidents in history, both unqualified and both leading towards being the next president.

This is our post of the week!

By metmike - May 11, 2023, 11:26 a.m.
Like Reply

I really like this guy too, Larry!

Great interview. He intentionally  dropped out of  election politics, however which makes me question whether he would be interested in putting himself in the hottest possible political seat in our country. 

I think that the majority of people in our country right now can't even look outside the Biden vs Trump battle and have dug in to take one side or the other instead of a campaign to find a totally different political person. 

The current system,  with it's tribal politics and media reinforces the dysfunctional nature and people can't break free of it because its self sustaining......intentionally. 

However, under the right conditions, this guy could do extremely well.

My guess is that the Trump loyalists would never allow him to be the R candidate.

In a general election, if he were Libertarian, for instance he could generate a decent number of votes but the truth is, if Trump and Biden are on the ballet, Biden will win because of all the NOT Donald Trump votes OR Trump will win from all the NOT Joe Biden votes.

Will Hurd is NOT Donald Trump AND NOT Joe Biden which is a perfect opportunity, one would think.

But many people won't want to waste their vote on him because the NOT the other person vote only makes sense if it's helping a person that can legitimately beat their NOT person.

This is actually an incredible, horribly sad dynamic for presidential elections since 2016.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/94482/#94508

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Hurd

William Ballard Hurd (born August 19, 1977) is an American politician and former CIAclandestine officer who served as the U.S. representative for Texas's 23rd congressional district from 2015 to 2021. The district stretched approximately 550 miles (890 km) from San Antonio to El Paso along the U.S.-Mexican border.[1][2]

Following a nine-year stint with the CIA, Hurd ran for Congress in 2010, however, he was defeated in a runoff primary. Hurd ran for Congress again in 2014 and was successful. He was re-elected in 2016 and again in 2018, but did not seek re-election in 2020. During his congressional tenure, Hurd became known for his expertise in technology and cybersecurity as well as for his bipartisanship. From 2019 until 2021, Hurd was the only African-American Republican in the House of Representatives.

Personal details
Member of the U.S. House of Representatives
from Texas's 23rd district
Will Hurd
Willhurd.jpg

In office
January 3, 2015 – January 3, 2021
Preceded byPete Gallego
Succeeded byTony Gonzales
BornWilliam Ballard Hurd
August 19, 1977 (age 45)
San Antonio, Texas, U.S.