Weather forecast
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by Jim_M - July 30, 2018, 9:47 p.m.

The NWS forecast is like a 180 degree flip from last week.  Stay long NG and grains.

Comments
By hayman - July 30, 2018, 10:33 p.m.
Like Reply

Are you the "Noon Maps /-Jim from days gone by?  And you reside in the Florida Keys at a place called "Margaritaville"? I detect inebriation, or is it a reflection in my mirror?  By the way, I don't trust any weather forecast from anyone, only from the MetMike fellar.  What did Glassford do with dear Jean?  Please Wayne, give her back to us!!!  LONG NG! Ain't you the one that called for 2.50 like foreva?!?  So sorry if I have the wrong Jim.  Lemee buy you a shot?<!<)

By metmike - July 30, 2018, 11:21 p.m.
Like Reply

hayman,

The Noon maps Jim is a different Jim.

This Jim is from Ohio vs the noon maps gym from Florida.............and thanks for the compliment. 

Jim from Ohio,

The weather is bullish natural gas but it's really struggling up here. No follow thru at all to todays taking out of last weeks highs.............in fact, we are below last weeks highs right now NGU is 2.793.

On the grains..........the corn is trading above last weeks highs and looks pretty strong, with heat fill coming up, that will knock off several bushels/acre from the crop. 

Beans can't get above last weeks spike high. 

Some were expecting a slight decline in crop ratings but they were unchanged...........which is slightly bearish.

However, if the rains shut down and heat  stays during early August, its hard to imagine corn/beans going lower. ...........but the forecast can change.

The low skill CFS week 3-4 model has tons of rain and much cooler.  Maybe that's what's haunting natural gas right now.