Fetterman-Oz debate.
26 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Oct. 26, 2022, 8:53 p.m.

I can't think of a worse performance in my life. I feel for the guy having a stroke and working hard to recover but c'mon man........you have to be able to communicate effectively and understand a lot of things for that job.

What if a guy was trying out for the Penn State, PA football team and had a serious spinal injury earlier in the year that greatly reduced his speed, agility and strength..........key skills needed to play elite football at a major college and in fact, disqualified him completely. 

What would be the criteria to put him on the player roster anyway, bumping out a kid that was much more capable?

I have big problems with Oz but at least he can do the job. 

Fetterman is unqualified in anybody's book uses the reality of his cerebral condition.

I've know several people that have had strokes, all older than him and many of them continued to improve for a long time. One guy for over 2 years.

But we are voting for John Fetterman in a few days based on who he is, not on who he might be able to become with a miracle recovery.  They claim that debating was always a weak point. OK, so what. If the football player in the above example had always been slow, does it mean that now that he's way too slow is ok for making the team? Or that he should make an appeal to Nittany Lions fans that are also slow and had strokes...........he's just one of them. Exactly and they should remain slow, unqualified SPECTATORS not football players. 

His doctor and others claim he's just fine.  I get people from his party lying but a medical doctor? OK, we put doctors on pedistoles and though they do good work, they are also flawed. 

This is from the far left:

The Moment a Room Full of Fetterman Supporters Fell Silent

https://www.thedailybeast.com/john-fetterman-pushes-through-debate-with-dr-mehmet-oz-after-stroke-pennsylvania-senate

POLITICO Playbook: How much will John Fetterman’s rocky night matter?

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2022/10/26/how-much-will-john-fettermans-rocky-night-matter-00063500

Fetterman clearly lost last night. ”[T]he biggest issue was John Fetterman's health and his ability to comprehend speech, and to then speak coherently on the issues of the day," said LELAND VITTERT of NewsNation, which sponsored the debate, in what was typical of the immediate coverage.

'Brutal.' 'Cruel': How the Internet Reacted to Fetterman Debate Horror Show

https://www.newsweek.com/john-fetterman-debate-dr-mehmet-oz-reaction-latest-pennsylvania-senator-stroke-1754749

If you watch the clips, it makes you wonder what is the matter with the people in his campaign advising him to embarrass himself like this? They should be be fired and identified by name so that they are never in a position to mess up another candidate so badly. They clearly had months to practice with the debate environment to test his ability......and the guy actually had his answers scripted. Imagine if  he were not reading the answers and responses that were already there?

Comments
By metmike - Oct. 26, 2022, 8:58 p.m.
Like Reply

If Fetterman wins, then being qualified to do the job and reconciling promises to realities means nothing.

Everybody on the left has been lying and covering up for Fetterman. Why should we trust a word they say now?

Vote for him anyway based on what they are telling us now......... even though they were all just busted in epic fashion for lying about him. 

By metmike - Oct. 26, 2022, 9:59 p.m.
Like Reply

Fetterman campaign says it raised $1 million in 3 hours after rough Pennsylvania Senate debate with Oz

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/26/pennsylvania-senate-fetterman-raises-1-million-after-oz-debate.html

Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman’s campaign said Wednesday it raised more than $1 million in just three hours following the Democratic Senate candidate’s debate with his Republican rival, Dr. Mehmet Oz.

The “unprecedented” haul demonstrates “deep grassroots enthusiasm” for Fetterman, his campaign said.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This guy has some extreme views and is not qualified to hold any political office at this level, regardless of what side he represents but no matter. 

Open Secrets following the money in politics  

Outside groups have spent $130.9 million in contentious U.S. Senate general race in Pennsylvania – more money than any other this election cycle

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2022/10/outside-groups-have-spent-130-9-million-in-contentious-u-s-senate-general-race-in-pennsylvania-more-money-than-any-other-this-election-cycle/

Campaign ’22: Latest News and Updates on America’s Midterm Elections

Despite a shaky performance in which he sometimes struggled to be understood, Democrat John Fetterman took in over $2 million in the hours after the Pennsylvania Senate debate.

https://www.usnews.com/news/elections/articles/campaign-22-latest-news-and-updates-on-americas-midterm-elections

By bear - Oct. 26, 2022, 10:31 p.m.
Like Reply

we all know that the average voter makes their decision, NOT based on whether someone is a good candidate.  Not based on whether they can do a competent job...but it all comes down to party.   i have some family members who will vote for biden, even if biden is the worst candidate ever... because... at least he is Not a republican.  

and i have other relatives who would NEVER vote for a democrat.  a republican candidate could be a horrible candidate, but they would still vote republican,  because... at least that candidate is NOT a democrat.  

By bear - Oct. 26, 2022, 10:35 p.m.
Like Reply

and for another oddity about american voters... 

a libertarian candidate, or an independent candidate, can be a great candidate, and do a great job as president. but almost  NO one will vote for them.  instead most people will vote for a dem or pub.  even if the dem or pub both are horrible candidates... most americans will still vote for the horrible candidates rather than the good candidate.  

most of the folks here are probably guilty of this.  

By metmike - Oct. 26, 2022, 10:55 p.m.
Like Reply

That says it all bear! It's all about whatever party you belong to. Believe everything they say and vote for everybody that runs.

Maybe there's some sane independents that will realize this guy is the wrong one to do the job. 

Fetterman makes cerebrally challenged Biden look like an elite orator in his prime.

What if everybody in congress was like Fetterman?

Doesn't matter because there's enough qualified from his party to cover for him, they just need his extra vote.  That's their position to justify voting for him. 

Lowering the standards to let unqualified people in is ok in certain situations.........this isn't one of them.

Maybe his new slogan should be "vote for me, if I can count to three" (-:

Keep in mind that I DO NOT like Oz.

I didn't like his snake oil selling on his tv show to enrich his personal wealth and don't trust him now........but he is the most qualified and has the much better for America agenda(my opinion). 

Dr. Oz in the Senate            

13 responses |       

Started by metmike - Nov. 30, 2021, 12:13 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/78502/

By metmike - Oct. 26, 2022, 10:58 p.m.
Like Reply

Oz says he would have certified the 2020 election results for Biden

By Sarah Ewall-Wice          

/ CBS News        

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/oz-says-he-would-have-certified-the-2020-election-results-for-biden/

OK, I just found another reason to like Oz.

By metmike - Oct. 27, 2022, 1:48 a.m.
Like Reply

In 2022, people no longer need to believe their eyes and ears, especially in politics but even in science, when politics hijacks science for an agenda.

They can just decide what they want to believe or a message gatekeeper in their party can tell them what to believe.  

They just  convince themselves that manufactured/alternative realities that they like are true and completely reject the authentic truths that contradict anything that they don't want to believe. Then, only go to places that reinforce what they want to believe.

A greening planet with booming biosphere and best weather/climate in 1,000 years, since the last climate optimum.........is a climate crisis.

The most secure presidential election in history with a clear win for Biden..........is a stolen election….and their guy was the real winner.

A COVID vaccination helping to save millions of lives...........is killing more people than it helps.

Hunter Biden forgets what he did with and loses a laptop that has tons of evidence about his criminal activities. When the laptop turns up, pictures and other details..........it's a made up Russian conspiracy theory to keep Joe Biden from being elected.

Trump does NOT COLLUDE with Russia and there's no evidence that he did..........but Mueller pretends to be investigating that for 2.5 years, knowing its a blatant lie almost the entire time.........wasting 25 million tax payer dollars to maintain a lengthy  fake investigation intended to maximize vilification and false narratives to be repeated thousands of times about the lie about Trump colluding with Russia. Knowing that once people are convinced of a fake reality.........they usually stay convinced forever, despite evidence contradicting it.

By joj - Oct. 27, 2022, 8:45 a.m.
Like Reply

If Fetterman is now less intelligent than he was before the stroke then he is not qualified to be a senator.  But if it is only an issue of his ability to communicate, rather than his ability to reason, I'm not sure he is disqualified.  Does a president have to be able to communicate?  Yes!  (A weakness of Biden's for sure)  Does a governor need communication skills?  Yes!  Does a senator?  I would say much less so.   But if a senator doesn't understand an issue after being given time to think it through, then he is not qualified.

Mike, you like Oz because he said he would have certified the 2020 presidential election?  THAT'S a pretty low bar don't you think?  Here's a few more reasons for you to like Oz:  He's NOT a serial rapist, criminal, swindler who lies all the time and has little regard or understanding of the constitution.

By metmike - Oct. 27, 2022, 12:26 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks joj!

You like Fetterman because he's a democrat and you're a democrat. His ability to understand questions seems to be compromised to at the moment. As I mentioned, I've known several OLDER people that had strokes. Thinking about it more, lets do more objective and subjective analysis and apply it.

My mom ended up dying from her 2nd stoke that left her with the worst quality of life for 2.5 years, no speech recovered, bedridden and miserable. It made me appreciate euthanasia as an option.  She was on meds to prevent stokes after the first one.

After the first one, she got back 95%+ of her speech and 80% of her legs. Mom smoked 2 packs a day and never exercised and was a stroke time bomb. 2 of her brothers died from strokes. 

I also know a man, Francis Karges former Boy Scout Scoutmaster for Troop 350 for 25 years, who had 2 heart attacks, then a stroke that left him speechless for months, 25 years ago when he was in in his 60s. We were told that his recovery would mostly  max out at around a year. I spent alot of time with him the first year and it was painful to see how frustrating it was for him to not be able to find words ALL the time during any conversation. 

During that time,  I ran a once a year fundraiser for our organization that lasted for a week that required close to 100+ volunteers during the week(some would do double or triple shifts).

Francis would do 10 shifts (2 double shifts Mon-Fri) during a key time frame(when the kids were in school and parents working) and doing a tough job running the cotton candy machine.

The reason that I'm using him is because I got to see a snap shot picture of him(speech and physical) at exactly 1 year intervals for 15 years.  Being extremely observational by nature, I noticed that after the 2nd year, he'd regained a significant portion of his speech that was still lost at 1 year. (it happened slowly so somebody living with him might not notice it). I remember being excited and calling his wife, Sue a nurse to talk about it. She said that Francis worked extremely hard with continued therapy and would never give up. 

But his progress was extended after 3 years and as I remember even 4-5  years. Unbelievable. A guy who still could only respond with a few words a year after his stroke, was having normal conversations 5 years after the stroke. One time I called Sue just stunned that he was like this and she said "yeah, the doctor told him to take it easy and he slings those 50 lb bags of pet food over his shoulder like they're a back pack. 

So several points to make.

1. The ability to recover can be negligable, like my mom's 2nd SEVERE stoke to almost fully and can continue for many years. 

2. Potentially, Fetterman could make an almost 100% recovery but it could take years with a best case scenario.

3. Also, Fetterman is at a MUCH HIGHER risk for additional strokes for the rest of his life. He may have lost weight and is treating his atrial fibrilation(I take meds for the same thing party, from having an enlarged heart for TOO MUCH exercise when I was younger) but living his life being massively overweight has likely caused a condition in his arteries that is permanent that makes him at an especially high risk for additional strokes in the near future. He has tons of plaque built inside the walls of his arteries from his previous lifestyle/health conditions. At any point in time, a small piece of that could break free, travel to his brain and cause another stroke! The chance of him having another, more severe stroke is thousands of times greater than everybody else his age. This may be why they won't release his medical records.

4. The democrats want us all to assume that you have a stroke, then recover like having the flu but it just takes longer. This is EXTREMELY WRONG. Having the flu arms your immune system with antibodies to keep you from getting that flu again. Having a stroke tells us about profound things in the persons vascular system that can't be seen indicating a permanent problem that took years to build up and can't be reversed, even though it can be treated with blood thinners and heart regulating meds. Just his extremely high risk of another, worse stroke makes him at a high risk to becoming incapacitated while in office. Much higher than Biden or even somebody in their 80's like Pelosi who does NOT have this serious health risk that's being ignored by the D's.

5. His doctors and he have refused to release his medicals records. This is sending flashing bells and red lights. Would you buy a house if the owner refused to let an inspector give you a report on what's inside. Would you buy a car from a used car salesman if they refused to let your mechanic check it out or even let you take it for a test drive? Clearly, the medical records are not good or they would have released them a long time ago. Interpreting it any other way is just believing something that isn't there. 

6. What they've been telling us about his mental affects the past months and what the truth is, based on Tuesday's debate are much different. In any objective mind. My trust in anything they say is completely gone because they will say anything to make it look not as bad, even blatant lies. If his medical records suddenly emerge and show that he's in better shape than we thought I will NOT believe it because it comes from proven deceivers who would have showed that months earlier if they're authentic.

7. You say that he still has his intelligence and that's what matters. I've read some of the same articles from D's that you have bamboozling with that one. Having intelligence trapped inside a guys head is now the key to being a good rep in the D party? The guy not only has major issues communicating, a key part of the job but also in processing information so that the intelligence in his brain can use it effectively. 

8. Let's help you to see why this issue is a huge negative not a positive for him to represent millions of people. There is more to his job than just casting votes using his intelligence. Communication is the key to making a case for your constituents and to effectively explaining to them about how they will be affected by laws, agenda and so on. Almost everybody that does this job is a gifted orator. They are in an elite group of communicators that picked this job/role exactly for that reason. Why do you think Oz got into it?  Nobody decides to run for office if they can't communicate properly or have basic skills lacking, like Fetterman does. It's absurd for him to have not withdrawn immediately after the stroke to let somebody else, more qualified do this job.

So we have a handful of serious problems here.

1. Fetterman's people have been lying to us about the extent of his condition.and can't be trusted

2. They won't release medical records

3. He's not capable of effective communication that this job requires.

4. He's even having trouble processing information.

5. His recovery will take a long time and is uncertain  regarding getting back what was lost.

6. He's at an extremely high risk of having a 2nd stroke at any time. There's actually a higher risk near term than 10 years from now because the blood thinners and meds he now takes are more likely to cause a piece of plaque to come loose and go to his brain.  Sadly, my Mom's 2nd stroke was actually triggered by the blood thinner they gave her for a mild heart attack. It loosened a piece of plaque that traveled in her blood stream to her brain. 

I'm glad that you brought this up, joj so I could objectively evaluate all the factors going on with Fetterman and feel more comfortable now,  having an informed opinion. 

By metmike - Oct. 27, 2022, 1:33 p.m.
Like Reply

I was able to find this on his medical condition:

John Fetterman’s Atrial Fibrillation and Stroke: ‘I Almost Died’

https://www.managedhealthcareexecutive.com/view/john-fetterman-s-atrial-fibrillation-and-stroke-i-almost-died-

John Fetterman, the 53-year-old lieutenant governor of Pennsylvania and a candidate for the U.S. Senate, is among the lucky ones. He beat the odds.

In 2017, he received a diagnosis of atrial fibrillation (AF), an irregular heart rhythm, and although his cardiologist got him started on a regimen of medication and exercise, Fetterman did not follow through.

Even for someone with AF, he was taking a big risk. The death rate for untreated AF at five years past diagnosis is 51%, and Fetterman’s height and weight put him in higher risk categories.

He was roughly 400 pounds (Fetterman has lost weight since) and 6 foot 8 inches tall. Taller people have larger atria and are more prone to AF. Diabetes, hyperthyroidism, use of tobacco and alcohol, high blood pressure, and advanced age are some other risk factors for this disease.

Fetterman suffered a stroke, one of the most serious consequences of AF, on May 13, 2022. “Like so many others, and so many men, in particular, I avoided going to the doctor, even though I knew I didn't feel well. As a result, I almost died,” Fetterman said in a statement.

The seriousness of the stroke and his recovery have become major issues in the high-stakes Senate race between Fetterman, a Democrat, and his Republican opponent, Mehmet Oz, M.D. The outcome of the Nov. 8 election will be cruical in determining whether the Democrats or Republicans will have a majority in the U.S. Senate.

In addition to AF, Fetterman has cardiomyopathy, according to a June 3 statement released by Ramesh Chandra, M.D., a cardiologist in Pittsburgh. In that statement, Chandra, a cardiologist, says he diagnosed Fetterman with AF and “along with decreased heart pump” in 2017, but that he hadn’t seen him again until the day before the statement was released. Chandra says in the statement that he told Fetterman during that June visit that he has cardiomyopathy and that is why the doctors who treated him after his stroke put in a “pacemaker-defibrillator.”

Although it is not spelled out, Chandra was likely referring to an implantable cardioverter defibrillator, a device implanted in the abdomen that shocks the lower chambers of the heart (the ventricles) back into a regular rhythm if it detects that they are beating irregularly. Implantable cardioverter defibrillators often also function as pacemakers. Pacemakers, which are also implantable devices, deliver electric impulses to the heart to keep it beating regularly.

The Fetterman campaign subsequently released another letter about Fetterman's health from a different physician, Clifford Chen, M.D., a family medicine physician in Duquesne, Pennsylvania, outside of Pittsburgh. Chen says in the letter, which is dated Oct. 15, that he saw Fetterman the day before for a follow-up visit after Fetterman had established him as his primary physician in Ma.

Chen describes Fetterman as recovering from well from his stroke and his lung exam was clear and his heart rate, regular. Fetterman continues to  exhibit symptoms of an "auditory processing disorder," wrote Che. He says the disorder involves "missing" spoken words, which can seem like a hearing difficulty "but it is actually not processed properly." Chen said Fetterman is walking four to five miles a day and is taking "appropriate medications to optimize his heart condition.

Fetterman, concluded Chen, "is well and shows strong commitment to maintaining good fitness and health practice. He has no work restrictions and can work full duty in public office."

+++++++++++++++++++++

I had no idea it was THIS bad. The guy is a walking time bomb. What the heck is he doing trying to get elected to this important position??? No wonder they won't release his medical records. Even if he was fully recovered from this stroke, his health is permanently and severely damaged. Your heart can' t repair itself and his arteries are loaded with plaque. Pieces will break off from time to time and his best hope is that none will be big enough to cause another, even worse stroke.

I'm not a medical doctor but I play one at MarketForum (-:

But seriously, these are authentic medical principles and I'm feeling outraged  at the moment, learning for the first time the extent of people that know his real medical condition above that are trying to completely bamboozle us about his true health condition.

By metmike - Oct. 27, 2022, 1:41 p.m.
Like Reply

"Mike, you like Oz because he said he would have certified the 2020 presidential election?  THAT'S a pretty low bar don't you think?  Here's a few more reasons for you to like Oz:  He's NOT a serial rapist, criminal, swindler who lies all the time and has little regard or understanding of the constitution."

joj,

That's an odd response coming from somebody who's biggest concern here for 2 years is losing our democracy because of the attempts by republicans to overturn a presidential election and the continued mentality by tens of millions of them that supports that and future efforts.

I agree with you.

So when I give credit to a republican that I have made clear, that I don't like, for NOT being that way and agreeing with you.........you attack me/him for it?

Suit yourself if you want to have political blinders on to interpret everything positive for democrats and negative for republicans(even on a point that agrees with your most important point).

I think the coming shellacking in the upcoming election may be getting to you. 

Regardless, I sincerely appreciate you intelligently communicating opinions from the left here and your many other positive contributions. Political disagreements like this have never come between us because we are both well above that and agree on most of the most important elements to being a good human being...........which matters the most.

By joj - Oct. 27, 2022, 9:41 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike,

You said: "You like Fetterman because he's a democrat and you're a democrat."

Tell me where in my post I indicated that I liked Fetterman.

I still say acknowledging the legitimacy of an election is a low bar to clear.

By metmike - Oct. 27, 2022, 10:08 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks, joj!

I never said that you said that you like Fetterman because he's a democrat...... I said it. 

In other news........water is wet, the Pope is Catholic and bears crap in the woods. 

Go ahead and make it silly by claiming that you never said it. 

Then, mischaracterizing me as somebody that likes Oz because I gave A reason to like Oz from being open minded and adjusting my position based on the latest facts, not a religious type faith in my political party. 

In that same thread, I made this pretty clear(along with a previous thread as more evidence)

"Keep in mind that I DO NOT like Oz.

I didn't like his snake oil selling on his tv show to enrich his personal wealth and don't trust him now........but he is the most qualified and has the much better for America agenda(my opinion)."

You're usually better than this joj but nobody's perfect (-:

I'm going to focus on relevant facts now. You're welcome to join me.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/senate/2022/pennsylvania/

Based on what I just found out about Fetterman's condition, whether he is a democrat or republican he should not be running because of his current, very serious health issue. Even if he still has intelligence trapped in his brain but has temporarily lost the ability to effectively express it and to properly use it to process information like he did before the stroke. 

Based on the medical facts of his current condition, that were a wake up call to those watching the debate and those that believed his doctor and everybody else  deceiving the geat people of PA about his health and incredibly high risk for another stroke, he should have sat out and focused on his recovery and let somebody much better qualified with at least average health with the same agenda and political belief system as Fetterman run. 

The people of PA deserve much better than this.

By 12345 - Oct. 27, 2022, 10:09 p.m.
Like Reply

BEING A STROKE SURVIVOR MYSELF ~ I FEEL BADLY FOR ANYONE THAT HAS SURVIVED A MAJOR ONE.  HE'S FORTUNATE HE CAN WALK & USE HIS HANDS & ARMS.  I CAN'T, & IT'S COMIN' UP ON THREE YEARS POST STROKE. I'VE GOT 1 GOOD ARM & 1 GOOD LEG.

I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND A WORD I WAS TRYING TO SAY!! WITHIN AN HOUR OF BOTH OF THE STROKES (THEY WERE ABOUT AN HOUR APART), I WAS TAPING MY NONSENSICAL SPEECH & PLAYING IT BACK. IT TOOK ME 48 HOURS OF ALMOST NON-STOP TALKING TO MYSELF, UNTIL I COULD UNDERSTAND A FEW WORDS.

THEN, I WENT TO THE ONLINE KARAOKE SITE I'M A MEMBER OF, & SANG A DUET WITH SOMEONE... & POSTED IT, WITH THE PERMISSION FROM THE ONE I SANG WITH.  I HAD ZERO BREATH CONTROL & WAS ABLE TO "SING" A FEW WORDS.  LOLOLOL

I THANK THE GOOD LORD THAT WITHIN 6 WEEKS, I WAS ALMOST BACK TO NORMAL SPEECH.  WITHIN 4 MONTHS, I REACHED NORMAL SPEECH.

I AM VERY THANKFUL I HAD NO BRAIN DAMAGE ~ VERY THANKFUL!

AS FOR FETTERMAN ~ NO ONE THAT CARES ABOUT HIM, OR THIS COUNTRY, WOULD EVER VOTE FOR HIM, IN THE STAGE HE'S IN!!!  HE KNOWS HE'S GOT A LONNNNNGG WAY TO GO, TO BE UP TO THE JOB... IF EVER!

PARTY & POLICY ASIDE ~ MY PRAYER'S ARE WITH HIM FOR A COMPLETE RECOVERY.

(AKA ~ JEAN N.)

By metmike - Oct. 27, 2022, 10:40 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Jean!

You are the only one in this conversation that actually had a stroke from what I know of others here.

Good for you being able to recover with your left hand so that you can still type and communicate with a keyboard using one hand.

By metmike - Oct. 28, 2022, 6:26 a.m.
Like Reply

Jean,

you should note in my story about Francis and his stroke that he actually seemed to have experienced some improvements out to year 4 and 5.

this seems insane but I attribute it to Francis actually developing potential in his brain and body that he neglected for many decades prior to the stroke.

he never exercised, ate a high fat diet, was overweight, had untreated medical conditions effecting his vascular system and so on.

when he changed everything, he was like a marathon runner training for the Boston marathon …….365 days a year for years after that.

most people peak with their physical and mental performance  in there younger years.

but most people  still have untapped potential in reserve that was never completely  utilized because they did not maximize it during what is typically their peak years.

for example, a 70 year old person that never exercised and was overweight and smoked did tons of damage that can’t be fully repaired. However, changing all those things can suddenly reverse some damage and start tapping into potential their body still has but was wasted for decades.

if they’d done it 40 years earlier, the outcome would be better of course. If they wait too long and the stroke damage is too severe then the upside is limited but each case is different.

fetterman could have a complete cerebral recovery but unfortunately there’s been major, permanent structural damage to his heart.

even so, there’ve been people like him that do everything right and instead of deteriorating, they tap into unused potential and live very productive lives for decades,  though a severely damaged heart has lost much of its potential forever.

we want this and the best  for him whether he wins or loses. what would be really cool is him losing…..which he deserves, I’m sorry to say because of his health right now but fully recovering +some, then come roaring back even better than before in 4 years. What a great come back story and PA would surely vote for him, especially if OZ is doing a crummy job As well as a new Republican President faltering.

regardless, he should not rule out future public office if he loses and recovers well. Lord knows that he’s  got name recognition and all time record financial backers right now which would be there for him in the future.

this would make for a great book and movie!

By metmike - Oct. 28, 2022, 1:37 p.m.
Like Reply

'Who Knew He Could Stoop Any Lower?' Ted Cruz Called To Resign After Mocking Stroke Survivor Senate Candidate John Fetterman

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/who-knew-he-could-stoop-any-lower-ted-cruz-called-to-resign-after-mocking-stroke-survivor-senate-candidate-john-fetterman/ar-AA13tZ5f?li=BBnb7Kz

“By the way, in honor of John Fetterman, I suppose I should start by just saying goodnight!” Cruz said, referencing the fact Fetterman became confused on Monday and answered one question by telling the audience to have a goodnight.

1. This was an off color joke, that although it was funny was also disrespectful of a person via using their (temporary?) disability they couldn't control to make the joke.

2. This is Ted Cruz. What did you expect? This must be the 10th time we've heard the left cry for him to resign. Cries for him to resign over trivial issues are getting old.

3. Is this trivial? Of course it is. The man lacks compassion and doesn't know any better. Do judge him by it thought, to understand his character but pleeeeeease, this  punchline is not the criteria for him to resign. Drama Kings/Queens that dislike Ted Cruz would be better served by pointing it out but not being so extreme that THEY'RE message gets rejected by anybody but people who think like them.

4. We've been making Biden's hundreds of gaffe's and states of confusion or being clumsy .....many hundreds in fact in recent years an important part of the daily news reports, including hundreds of jokes over it. Biden SHOULD be held accountable for his ability to communicate/talk and think in public. After this has happened hundreds of times, we have been bombarded with it and become insensitive to any particular comment. Should we spare Joe because he clearly has an organic decline/deterioration in his brain.......a condition with no effective treatment and IS PROGRESSIVE?  At least with Fetterman, he has better hope of recovering much of what was lost........a temporary condition.

I'm not defending Cruz, just providing the unemotional, non political view.

By metmike - Oct. 30, 2022, 10:22 a.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - Oct. 31, 2022, 1:34 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - Nov. 1, 2022, 1:59 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - Nov. 2, 2022, 8:36 p.m.
Like Reply

The trend is your friend..........if you're Oz or a republican.

By metmike - Nov. 3, 2022, 2:46 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - Nov. 5, 2022, 12:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Oprah’s Unsatisfying Rejection of Dr. Oz Is Totally on Brand

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/11/oprah-fetterman-endorsement-oz.html

Anyone waiting for Oprah to disavow the harmful pseudoscience she’s promoted during her career or deliver a political message exactly the way they want is just setting themselves up for disappointment.

Oprah has told us who she is many times. She’s a trailblazing entrepreneur who spouts words of wisdom, sheds light on mental-health issues, delivers incredible TV moments, and irresponsibly promoted dangerous quacks for many decades and isn’t going to apologize for or acknowledge it.If we still expect anything different, maybe that’s on us.

Just Plane Wrong: Celebs with the Worst Private Jet Co2 Emissions

https://weareyard.com/insights/worst-celebrity-private-jet-co2-emission-offenders

9. Oprah Winfrey

Multi-billionaire television host Oprah Winfrey has emitted an estimated 3,493.17 tonnes of CO2 from her use of her private jet this year through a total of 68 flights – 499 times more than the average person’s total annual emissions.

Winfrey’s $75 million private jet travels for an average of 81.13 minutes at a time with an averagejourney length of 101.26 miles. Shortest flights include a 14-minute flight from Van Nuys, California to Santa Barbara, also California and a 16-minute flight causing 1 tonne of CO2e.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Climate Advocates Swift, Oprah, Spielberg Called Out for Private Jet Use

https://www.newsweek.com/climate-advocates-swift-oprah-spielberg-called-out-private-jet-use-1729717

By

Winfrey has frequently shown her support for the environment by promoting climate change activists on her shows, as well as writing about nature and battling pollution on OprahDaily.com. One such example came in 2019, when she posted about the impact Al Gore's global warming documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, had on her.

"The future of life as we know it is being determined by everything we're doing—and not doing. Now," Winfrey wrote in the post that called on protecting the environment.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

metmike the environmentalist greatly minimizes consumption of natural resources(NOT buying new things), including energy and water. Participates in annual trash pickups and has been a member of Evansville, IN environmental groups for 4 decades.

Then, hypocrites like Oprah preach to others about how to save the  planet while they shist on our precious planet many hundreds of times greater than the ones they preach to. Their WORDS say one thing. Their ACTIONS tell us who they really are.

By metmike - Nov. 5, 2022, 11:52 p.m.
Like Reply

Trump says 2020 election 'rigged' at rally for GOP candidates Oz, Mastriano in Pennsylvania

https://www.tribdem.com/pennsylvania/trump-says-2020-election-rigged-at-rally-for-gop-candidates-oz-mastriano-in-pennsylvania/article_774c83dc-5d76-11ed-9bf1-736b92953336.html

Trump highlighted the recent decision by Pennsylvania Supreme Court that mail-in ballots without dates should not be counted, but he lamented that the ruling was not in place in 2020 when he lost to Joe Biden.        

"We beat this guy so badly," he said. "The election was rigged, and now our country is being destroyed."

+++++++++++++

Oz was in a position to win but a complete moron came to PA earlier today to remind moderates, libertarians and unhappy democrats why they should NOT vote republican and NOT vote for Oz.

Oz already had all the extreme right votes.......the ones convinced that Trump won. Bringing Trump in like this with days to go until the election was the dumbest thing he's done compaigning. 

Having unpopular, very low credibility Biden in for Fetterman was a bad idea for the Ds too.  However with Trump, outside of the far right, he's extremely toxic.

I'm convinced that Trump is the best thing that ever happened to the D party.

He's hijacked the brains of the far right so they're unable to recognize that or who he is. 

This is another reason that I dislike Oz but it doesn't disqualify him. Oz is NOT a 2020 election denier either.

Oz says he would have certified the 2020 election results for Biden

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/oz-says-he-would-have-certified-the-2020-election-results-for-biden/

I mentioned in a recent thread that I didn't think that I hate Trump right now. However, today after reading about him in PA and hearing his words, reminding me of who he is and what he's done/is doing, there's more work for me to not hate this psychopathic moron.

https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

Enter Donald Trump

Voters response(will be):

By metmike - Nov. 7, 2022, 6:52 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - Nov. 8, 2022, 11:34 a.m.
Like Reply

John Fetterman’s Evolution on Climate Change, Fracking and the Environment 

Pennsylvania’s lieutenant governor, now running for U.S. Senate, supported carbon caps when he was mayor of Braddock and a fracking moratorium during his unsuccessful 2016 Senate campaign.

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/26072022/john-fetterman-climate-fracking-environment/

Response by people in Pennsylvania that know better: