gdp now estimate
1 response | 0 likes
Started by bear - Sept. 20, 2022, 12:13 p.m.

https://www.atlantafed.org/cqer/research/gdpnow

getting revised down again.  just what i expected.  expected to be less than 1% for 3rd qtr.

i continue to believe that for the next 5 to 10 years, inflation will continue to come in higher than expected, and gdp growth will continue to be lower than expected.  (maybe not every time,  but as a general trend).  

the fed is still behind the curve.  

the choice going forward is... raise rates faster, and have more recession, and lower inflation.  or raise rates slower, and have higher inflation.  (and almost no growth). 

recession hurts fewer people.  inflation hurts more people.  

Comments
By metmike - Sept. 20, 2022, 12:22 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks bear!

My thoughts:

1. Keep replacing fossil fuels with diffuse, intermittent, fake green energy supported by capital cronyism, especially anti environmental wind and have HIGH energy prices that get passed along in the cost of everything, especially fuel at the pump and heating/cooling costs........and stifle economic growth at the same time as causing inflation.

2. Or use more abundant, reliable fossil fuels(especially for peak loads-when most critical) that have always increased economic growth (mostly responsible for it) with lower energy prices that pressure the price of EVERYTHING ELSE in a downward direction.