Sotomayor praises Clarence Thomas
4 responses | 1 like
Started by cutworm - June 19, 2022, 10:46 p.m.

Sotomayor called Thomas her "friend" and spoke at length about his "kindness" and "care" for the people in the court.

"I suspect I have probably disagreed with him more than with any other justice, that we have not joined each other's opinions more than anybody else," said Sotomayor. "He is a man who cares deeply about the court as an institution, about the people who work there.

"I think we share a common understanding about people and kindness toward them," she added. "That's why I can be friends with him and still continue our daily battle over our difference of opinions in cases."

Justice Sotomayor praises Clarence Thomas as a 'friend' who 'cares deeply about the court' (yahoo.com)

At last, 2 people with very different views that can respect each other as human beings. The country should learn from this

Comments
By metmike - June 19, 2022, 11:14 p.m.
Like Reply

Wonderful article and positive contribution cutworm!

Thanks a ton.

By WxFollower - June 19, 2022, 11:54 p.m.
Like Reply
By 12345 - June 21, 2022, 9:25 a.m.
Like Reply

RESPECT FOR OTHER'S IS PRIORITY IN LIFE.  IMO, EVEN IF YOU DON'T AGREE.

SCALIA & RUTH ARE/WERE PRIME EXAMPLE'S OF THAT.  I'D STAKE MY LIFE ON THE FACT THAT THEY NEVER NAME-CALLED EACH OTHER, IN A DEROGATORY MANNER. NAME-CALLING IS A GOOD SIGN OF DISRESPECT...IMO

By metmike - June 21, 2022, 10:26 p.m.
Like Reply

"RESPECT FOR OTHER'S IS PRIORITY IN LIFE.  IMO, EVEN IF YOU DON'T AGREE"

That's good for our post of the week Jean! Even with all capital letters!