Elon Musk doesn’t want to buy Twitter anymore/space cadet
10 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - May 18, 2022, 4:37 p.m.

Opinion: Elon Musk doesn’t want to buy Twitter anymore, but Twitter can squeeze $1 billion — or more — out of him anyway

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/elon-musk-doesnt-want-to-buy-twitter-anymore-but-twitter-should-make-him-pay-for-it-11652833353

Comments
By metmike - May 18, 2022, 4:46 p.m.
Like Reply

Elon Musk is a very  rich man that is delusional...........so everybody treats him like a God.

Exodus

Elon Musk argues that we must put a million people on Mars if we are to ensure that humanity has a future

https://aeon.co/essays/elon-musk-puts-his-case-for-a-multi-planet-civilisation

metmike: The chance of us putting a million people on Mars is 0.0000000%.

No chance based on the biology, physics, science, astronomy and climate.

The Galactic Cosmic radiation would kill us and other life after several years of being exposed,  even if all other conditions were favorable. There's is no avoiding that fact.

Humans Growing Plants on Mars Impossible Due to Cosmic Radiation Exposure Rather Than Martian Soil

https://www.sciencetimes.com/articles/33238/20210903/humans-growing-plants-mars-impossible-due-cosmic-radiation-exposure-martian-soil.htm

By metmike - May 18, 2022, 4:49 p.m.
Like Reply

Related to delusional, ultra expensive and waste of time space ideas:

Gravity Assist: How to Grow Food on the Moon

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/05/17/gravity-assist-how-to-grow-food-on-the-moon/

My comment:

Mike Maguire                 

May 18, 2022 9:38 am                

Let’s spend millions of dollars to show that the only way to produce a minuscule amount of food on the moon is to spend millions of dollars.

Meanwhile,  back on planet earth, dropping seeds into the abundant, natural  fertile soils, with the abundant minerals, beneficial CO2, abundant sunshine, abundant H2O and favorable planting, growing and harvesting weather can produce zillions of times more food…….at cost efficient rates.

Trying  to grow food on the moon to sustain humans, would be like trying to use the condensation on the inside of car windows for the cities water supply (-:

By metmike - May 18, 2022, 4:53 p.m.
Like Reply

Is Gut-Wrenching Space Travel Possible?

https://reasons.org/explore/blogs/todays-new-reason-to-believe/is-gut-wrenching-space-travel-possible

Earth’s Magnetosphere. Serious exposure to heavy ion galactic cosmic radiation occurs in regions beyond the outer red lines emanating from Earth in the above figure. Image credit: NASA

By mcfarm - May 18, 2022, 8:25 p.m.
Like Reply

don't know that he does not want to buy twitter so much versus finding the fake numbers they were using. Hell why would anyone [esp a rich smart dude} pay over value for somebody selling with fake production numbers. Get him some real numbers and a real price and he seemed ready to me

By metmike - May 18, 2022, 10:22 p.m.
Like Reply

Musk is the world biggest troll doing things to get attention because he has money that he uses to trick people into believing bs.

Elon Musk’s Plans for Mars Are a Huge Waste of Money and Resources

https://www.energyandcapital.com/articles/elon-musk-s-plans-for-mars-are-a-huge-waste-of-money-and-resources/97741

This involves blasting the planet with nuclear weapons at its poles to cause the ice caps to melt and induce accelerated warming to make it comfortable for humans to live there.

Musk said, “Eventually you can transform Mars into an Earth-like planet. There’s a fast way and a slow way. The fast way is to drop thermonuclear weapons over the poles.”

He also suggested "a system of giant mirrors could be placed in orbit around Mars in order to reflect sunlight onto the surface."

No one has a price tag for any of this, by the way, but we do know that, according to Musk, it will cost $500,000 to send a single person to Mars.

metmike: This is COMPLETE BS!

Mars doesn't have a magnetic field to protect life from the deadly Galactic rays, like ours does, so even if the other insane, impossible things could be accomplished, that one couldn't. The soil is crap too.

We worry about .04% CO2 in the atmosphere, but Mars is 95% CO2 or more than 2,000 times more CO2 than earth.  It has almost no oxygen.

It's sad that people with a lot of money can control information with impossible, wild speculative scenario's that have a 0.00000% chance of happening based on their FAKE (pseudo) science to steal people's intelligence like this to get attention that feeds their narcissistic addictions.

The thought experiment: What would living on Mars do to my body?

https://www.sciencefocus.com/space/the-thought-experiment-what-would-living-on-mars-do-to-my-body/

Mars' atmosphere: Facts about composition and climate

Mars' atmosphere is over 100 times thinner than Earth's.

https://www.space.com/16903-mars-atmosphere-climate-weather.html

According to ESA, Mars' atmosphere is composed of 95.32% carbon dioxide, 2.7% nitrogen, 1.6% argon and 0.13% oxygen. The atmospheric pressure at the surface is 6.35 mbar which is over 100 times less Earth's. Humans therefore cannot breathe Martian air.

By cutworm - May 18, 2022, 10:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Dreamers are important to improving our lives.  Who thought that we would have I Pad,(maybe a fellow named Job),or we would go to the moon, or in the 1700's that we could travel by Train , car. I would guess that people though .0000% chance of these things happening

His money let him be.

By metmike - May 19, 2022, 12:44 a.m.
Like Reply

I totally appreciate that concept cutworm and the great inventors of the past that thought of things that could not have been imagined but Musk is completely conning people that don't understand science into thinking this is possible for his self serving narcissistic motives.

Musk is much smarter than me in most realms and thousands of times richer but as an atmospheric scientist for 40 years, I can tell you with 100% certainty (not 99.999% but 100%) that he is completely conning you on people living on Mars, let alone a million people.

He's smart enough to know (and others using critical/common sense thinking that are not enamored by everything that he says) that there is no way to pump the planet up with double digit % O2 and drain off 94% of the CO2.

How absurd is it that the amount of CO2 in our air is supposedly bad and going to kill the planet but Mars has 200 times more CO2 than the highest level that plants can survive at, let alone humans.

The optimal level for plants is as much as 3 times as the current level is, which is around 1,200-1,500 parts per million, tops. Plants can do ok up to 5,000 parts per million but Mars has 950,000 parts per million CO2 almost 200 times greater than the level which plants can survive at.

And somehow, add 20% O2 that doesn't exist to an entire planet? 

It's possible to break the CO2 up into solid carbon and O2 on a very small scale but a practical technology doesn't exist on earth to drop the CO2 in our air using that method here by .001% and somehow, Musk is going to invent one that takes out 95%?

Even if that miracle could be performed at, maybe a trillion dollars cost, the Galactic Cosmic rays would kill most life in a fairly short period.

And you can't increase the intensity of the sun, which is 44% weaker on Mars(maybe he's going to invent tractor beams and move the planet from almost 130 million miles from the sun to closer to our 93 million miles from the sun.

The average temperature on Mars is -70 Deg. F but it can sometimes get up to +70 Deg. in the Summer near the equator. But it also drops to -220 Deg. F in some places in the Winter. And the bone dry soils with high winds result in dust storms that can last several weeks and  block out most of the direct sun that entire time.  There's no way to put H2O into the air, which would only occur thru evaporation of huge oceans or standing water that doesn't exist.

None of those previous inventions you mentioned defied the laws of physics, nature/biology,meteorology,  climate and space science as would be needed for Musk to put 1 million people on Mars.

Then, we aren't even discussing where all the energy would come from to power everything on Mars or the tremendous energy and time required to transport humans and the damage to their bodies from low gravity in the trip and being on Mars. 

And the main energy source would likely be solar, which would not be available during the nights,  Winters or during dust storms. Battery storage could be invented that doesn't exist  with solar panels only having a life span of 25 years and no transmission lines to transport it. 

Fact is there is NOTHING favorable for life on Mars and numerous elements that would be impossible under even the most creative science fiction scenario that used all the facts of the real world mentioned above. 

If you read all that above and still think Musk is being honest/realistic about putting a million people on Mars..........then it's on you for being gullible and unwilling to use critical thinking because you want to believe in something that's impossible.

I'm guessing that you didn't know it before but you should now. If you still believe Musk..........it's no longer because nobody has ever explained why its impossible for countless reasons.

I'm just here to educate people, especially about science and ESPECIALLY in my field of expertise, which is atmospheric and oceanic science. 

By metmike - May 19, 2022, 1:59 a.m.
Like Reply

Correction.

The sun on mars is 66% weaker than earths and is only 44% of our suns strength.

Above, I incorrectly stated that it’s 44% weaker.

The much, much thinner atmosphere would likely allow more sun to go thru and not be filtered though.

By metmike - May 20, 2022, 5:52 p.m.
Like Reply

NPR had a show today on space exploration, especially on Mars. 

Some of the guests were actually quite positive about it and were in favor of Musk spending his own money for it.

One thing that I realized from listening. Flying to Mars and living there for any extended period of time would cost millions/person and be a death sentence within a short period of time.  I already mentioned the indisputable and unresolved reasons why this is true in the previous posts.

However, one expert mentioned that if very rich people want to do that, they are like pioneers...........going on a one way trip and dying on Mars and we should not try to stop  them. 

Maybe some things can be learned from this! (yeah, as in......it's a death sentence, so that other naive idiots don't do it) But some rich people with little or no accomplishments to their names, might want to give up their lives doing this to become part of history and famous!

The most important point that struck me is that future lengthy space exploration of this sort MUST BE done by robots, except for isolated, unique cases.

1 solar storm can kill a human and the for sure Galactic Cosmic radiation will do tremendous, increasing damage that grows with time.

I found this as an interesting discussion on how you might be able to protect some astronauts from the deadly radiation should they embark on a trip that left them exposed, outside the protection of Earth's magnetic field for a year.

Real Martians: How to Protect Astronauts from Space Radiation on Mars

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/real-martians-how-to-protect-astronauts-from-space-radiation-on-mars

By metmike - May 25, 2022, 6:10 p.m.
Like Reply

megalomaniac

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/megalomaniac

A megalomaniac is a pathological egotist, that is, someone with a psychological disorder with symptoms like delusions of grandeur and an obsession with power. We also use the word megalomaniac more informally for people who behave as if they're convinced of their absolute power and greatness.

metmike: Somebody else that we know suffers from this same psychological  affliction and even his tens of millions of supporters know it.

Musk is a very sharp, publicity savy guy too and he is observing this "shoot somebody on Main street" mentality of the other guys loyalists and using Twitter to tap into that.

And it worked!!!!