CDC recommends fourth Pfizer and Moderna Covid vaccine
10 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - April 19, 2022, 6:57 p.m.

CDC recommends fourth Pfizer and Moderna Covid vaccine doses for people age 50 and older

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/19/moderna-redesigned-covid-vaccine-produced-stronger-immunity-against-omicron-than-current-shots.html

Comments
By metmike - April 19, 2022, 6:59 p.m.
Like Reply

Moderna says redesigned Covid vaccine produced stronger immunity against omicron than current shots

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/19/moderna-redesigned-covid-vaccine-produced-stronger-immunity-against-omicron-than-current-shots.html

• Moderna’s redesigned vaccine includes nine mutations found in the beta Covid variant.
  • A 50-microgram dose doubled the antibodies, which block the virus from infecting human cells, against the omicron variant six months after injection.
  • Moderna is also developing a vaccine that targets 32 mutations present in omicron.
  • The FDA is debating whether the U.S. will need updated Covid shots ahead of an expected wave of infection in the fall.

metmike: 

My first 3 shots were Pfizer. The question now, is whether the new/improved vaccine from Moderna is better.......or not?

And we could have a new strain this Fall.

By mcfarm - April 19, 2022, 8 p.m.
Like Reply

aren't they also recommending shots for kids as young as 2 years old? So lets compound all the harm we did to young healthy kids the last 2 plus years and then all feel better.

By metmike - April 19, 2022, 8:57 p.m.
Like Reply

Not correct mcfarm.

Here's something to help you to learn what IS correct.

6 Things to Know about Vaccination for Children: Learn about COVID-19 vaccination for children 5 years and older.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/children-teens.html

By metmike - April 19, 2022, 9:09 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarm,

This will also help you to understand the science/medicine..........if you want to have an open mind to learn something, that is.

Setting the Record Straight about COVID-19 Vaccines for Children

https://time.com/6163099/covid-19-vaccines-children-setting-record-straight/

More and more data show that the current COVID-19 vaccines that have FDA approval for children are very effective in reducing the risk of getting severe COVID-19. Recent peer reviewed studies show these vaccines are 70 to 90% effective in preventing children between 5 and 17 years from being hospitalized if the child has two doses, and another recent study also shows protection against severe illness. In the U.S., for every 100,000 children with COVID-19, 700 to 900 are hospitalized. This means is that for every 100,000 fully vaccinated children, more than 500 hospitalizations will be prevented. It means that pediatric deaths and the risk of MISC and long-COVID will be reduced, as well. Having fewer cases of COVID-19 in children means that there will be less spread of the virus to classmates, teachers and family members, some with medical conditions that put them at greater risk for severe disease.

It is always important to balance the value of an effective vaccine with potential side effects. We now have data related to 37 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine given to children between 5 and 17 years old. Non-serious side effects that include dizziness, headache, and fever, occur in about 5 per 10,000 children. Serious side effects, which largely include heart inflammation, or myocarditis, occur in 1 per 1,000,000 vaccine doses. These risks are incredibly low when compared to the risk of hospitalization and death for a child who gets COVID-19.

Rightfully, there has been concern raised about the relationship between the COVID-19 vaccine and myocarditis. Here too we have lots of information about this risk. In the highest risk group, teenage boys, the rate of myocarditis after vaccination is 5 per 100,000 vaccine doses, there have been no deaths in individuals less than 30 years and cases generally have a full recovery. In comparison if somebody younger than 16 years old gets COVID-19, the risk of myocarditis is 130 per 100,000. The myocarditis risk for children is thus 25-times higher if you get COVID-19 compared to the vaccine.

At a time when the public will be taking a larger role in the control and prevention of COVID-19, it is important that parents, children, and healthcare providers have facts that are accurate. For those facing the decision about whether they should vaccinate their child against COVID-19, consider the facts and speak with your healthcare provider about the risks and benefits. Imagine how many children would now be paralyzed from polio, suffer the consequences of meningitis, or die from influenza, if their parents did not balance the risks and benefits of pediatric vaccines.

By metmike - April 19, 2022, 9:22 p.m.
Like Reply

I totally get why you've had so many beliefs about DISinformation, with regards to COVID/vaccine and the 2020 election mcfarm.

One of the biggest reasons that MarketForum still exists and I do this for no pay is to help enlighten and educate people from both sides  that have had their intelligence stolen with propaganda/DISinformation.

This is much more important than money and material things. Spreading the truth to fight incessant lies.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

COVID-19 Misinformation is Ubiquitous: 78% of the Public Believes or is Unsure About At Least One False Statement, and Nearly a Third Believe At Least Four of Eight False Statements Tested

https://time.com/6163099/covid-19-vaccines-children-setting-record-straight/

Most People Who Trust Network and Local Television, CNN, MSNBC and NPR on COVID-19 Believe Little or No Misinformation; Larger Shares Who Trust Newsmax, One American News, and Fox News Hold Many Misconceptions

More than three quarters (78%) of U.S. adults either believe or aren’t sure about at least one of eight false statements about the COVID-19 pandemic or COVID-19 vaccines, with unvaccinated adults and Republicans among those most likely to hold misconceptions, a new KFF COVID-19 Vaccine Monitor report shows.

Nearly two-thirds (64%) of unvaccinated adults believe or are unsure about at least half of the eight false statements – more than three times the share of vaccinated adults (19%). Nearly half (46%) of Republicans believe or are unsure about at least half the statements, three times the share of Democrats (14%).

By mcfarm - April 29, 2022, 8:16 p.m.
Like Reply

I'll be darn. Mc farm ask, "aren' they {moderna} recommending shots for 2 years and younger?" MM. responds with a couple pages of why McFarm is sick in they head with misinformation including the false moderna story. Well isn't it odd that just today Moderna released the news that they want kids not only 2 but maybe down to 6 months.  Not that the CDC and pharma companies have not done even help shut down this country. Sure big pharma was great with big gov help at getting stuff out quick but time will tell if the best thing they could of done was admit the truth. That just did not know the answers to covid so they did what big gov does...they lied, moved the goal post and used the covid to help win an election and totally and completely to this day, make our boarders disappear for political gain.

By metmike - April 29, 2022, 9:24 p.m.
Like Reply

I'll be darn. Mc farm ask, "aren' they {moderna} recommending shots for 2 years and younger?" MM. responds with a couple pages of why McFarm is sick in they head with misinformation including the false moderna story. Well isn't it odd that just today Moderna released the news that they want kids not only 2 but maybe down to 6 months.

mcfarm,

I can see why your ability to comprehend objective truth is often compromised.

You look for reasons to be right, when you're wrong then twist the interpretation and mischaracterize the statements of the other person so that you can attack the position YOU MADE UP. 

1. I never called you sick in the head. I just corrected your misunderstanding of the authentic facts at the time.......by providing the authentic facts. You just now, completely made that up that I used 2 pages to show that you were sick in the head to libel me. 

2. This was the announcement yesterday(4-28-22) for the first time: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2022/04/28/1095052893/moderna-asks-fda-to-authorize-first-covid-19-vaccine-for-very-young-children

"Moderna announced Thursday that the company has asked the Food and Drug Administration to authorize a low-dose version of its COVID-19 vaccine as the first vaccine for children younger than age 5." 

To keep you honest, let me give you my dishonest weatherman analogy to help you understand. 

10 days ago:

By mcfarm - April 19, 2022, 8 p.m.            

"aren't they also recommending shots for kids as young as 2 years old? So lets compound all the harm we did to young healthy kids the last 2 plus years and then all feel better."

metmike: Not only were they NOT recommending shots for 2 year olds when you made that statement,  they just asked the FDA for authorization which is the step BEFORE recommending it.......YESTERDAY. 

This would be like a weatherperson saying that it rained on April 19th and calling for more rain the next few days.............when skies were clear and not a drop of rain fell for 9 days........then suddenly...

9 days later, when it actually looks like it might rain, the dishonest weather(person) claims........see, I told you back on April 19th that it rained and then he/she accuses people that have the actual weather data from the NWS to prove that it didn't rain as calling that weather person sick in the head and that it really did rain back April 19th.

Moderna asks FDA to authorize COVID vaccine for emergency use in children under 6   Published April 28

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/moderna-fda-request-authorize-vaccine-children-under-6

The thought of you being sick in the head never crossed my mind earlier mcfarm...........until  you just brought it up. 

Are you trying to tell/show me/is something with this last post?  )

By metmike - April 30, 2022, 7:41 a.m.
Like Reply

mcfarm,

this is not a debate about who is right and who is wrong. The facts already settled that indisputably.

this has morphed into a discussion about behavior, honestly and respect, especially when it comes to communicating with other people that have  an opinion different than us And especially if they come armed with authentic facts that we don’t like.

Sticking with a debate on whether 2 year olds Should get the shot would be something that makes more sense here for you here since I know you feel that way.

By mcfarm - April 30, 2022, 9:57 a.m.
Like Reply

so does all that mean you believe in vaccine for 2 yrs old down to a few months or not. Sometimes listening you is very similar to the senate hearing s for Biden nominees. They never answer the question. Do you the CDC should number 1 have the power they have grabbed and should of shut down schools? Was the mask mandate over done and silly to no end? Were the goal posts moved and moved and moved again? Was the covid used for political purposes and had an impact,  along with big media, on the election? Or as I said earlier was the wise thing to do admit the truth and simply say "we don't know"

By metmike - April 30, 2022, 11:03 a.m.
Like Reply

Now you're bringing up a topic that we can discuss respectfully....even if we disagree......thanks!

With regards to vaccines down to age 5, I'm strongly for that based on this above:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/83489/#83496

I've not looked at the data for children under that, so I'm not so confident. I'll wait to see the data but since kids younger than 5, are human beings living in bodies that have similar biology as those older than 5, just less developed,  my thoughts are that the same biological processes should rule....but maybe there are some important differences I can't appreciate at the moment.

One difference is the social difference to consider.

Kids 5 and up are going to school and interacting with other kids and catching and spreading COVID like wildfire, then bringing it home or to other places and getting older, more vulnerable people that can die from it, sick. 

This is the biggest reason to be FOR vaccines for the ones that young.

It might be a totally different social dynamic for a 2 year old. Maybe a lot of them go to day care centers? This would be a similar, very favorable environment to spread and catch COVID. 

A 6 month old, however can't even walk yet and even at Day Care, they won't be socially interacting the same way with other babies as a 5 year old in kindergarten does at school.

But that's just one element that makes it less compelling to get them Covid vaccinated and better protected.

If the risk is extremely low of side effects, even with lower benefits, the risk/reward ratio which is incredibly in favor of getting the shots with humans 5 and up might still be in favor of getting the shots.........just not as compelling.