Wayne
13 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Feb. 4, 2022, 1:14 a.m.

Please use the contact moderator button to give me a usable email address to contact you at, as required by MarketForum rules since you stated that the other one you are using to post here  is your wife's and she fears for her life and thinks that I'm a stalker because I contacted you at that email address.

Thanks

https://www.marketforum.com/guide/

https://www.marketforum.com/contact/

Comments
Re: Wayne
0 likes
By mcfarm - Feb. 4, 2022, 6:49 a.m.
Like Reply

MM I am pretty sure it was the content of the E-mail........ not that you sent one, that shook Mrs. Glassford just to be clear

Re: Re: Wayne
0 likes
By metmike - Feb. 4, 2022, 10:59 a.m.
Like Reply

mcfarm,

Wayne is making that up so that fellow posters like you will see him as a victim.

0 likes
By wglassfo - Feb. 4, 2022, 11:27 a.m.
Like Reply

My wife asked me who this crazy person was that had her e-mail

She wanted me to avoid this web site as more of the same might come her way

Leave my wife out of this. You have already done enough damage with your e-mail

Post the e-mail my wife received on the forum

Why do you want to send me personal e-mails??

I don't like  that thought

Do you plan to send me any number of unwanted e-mails

0 likes
By metmike - Feb. 4, 2022, 11:42 a.m.
Like Reply

Wayne, you agreed to that when you signed up.

I'm trying to have a civil conversation with you where you don't have a subconscious need to play to your far right audience and pretend that you are a victim (and I'm the stalker) where I don't have to worry about embarrassing you in public.

Are you going to do it or not?

You are very welcome to copy anything that you got from me here.........nobody is stopping you.

By metmike - Feb. 4, 2022, 11:46 a.m.
Like Reply

Some people, find it much more personal and act more like the human beings that they are with  a face to face, man to man conversation because today's world of communicating on forums and the internet make them feel like they are speaking with a computer screen page and not a real human being.

By metmike - Feb. 4, 2022, 11:48 a.m.
Like Reply

Would you like to talk over the phone, Wayne?

Would that help you?

0 likes
By wglassfo - Feb. 4, 2022, 3:12 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike

Please understand

LEAVE ME ALONE

Go find some body else to pester

Or: Post the e-mail

Tell you what Mike Just thought of some thing

Things I like to think about. You are free to comment and we will see how this works out.

As my wife and myself are gradually renting our land to our son and grand son, we will have to adjust to a fixed income

So: Some time in the future we will need a car and truck

Golly: What we want will cost a combined 80-100,000.00 CAD. Nothing doing until cars become more plentiful on the car lots. Not going to pay x dollars over suggested retail. Our car and truck are both low mile so we got lots of time. My son had to wait approx 10 months for his new truck

Can't go to the farm acct and just write a check as we used to do, on that acct.. There will be no farm acct with the land rented and just a fixed rental cheque at less than market rate. Enough to go any where and buy what we want but 100,000.00 needs some thought. Could do it but there has to be a better plan than scooping money from here and there. No finance at high int rates when we have the money. Don't plan on buying any yachts. Get sea sick and besides my son has a boat so we ride for free.

So: Here is the plan

We put 20,000.00 aside every yr for a vehicle. Well: What to do with 20,000.00. The bank pays nothing in int so we pick stks and hope we don't lose our stash. Over time when we are ready to buy we should have enough to pay cash

So: Today I made another stk purchase

I bought 50 shares of Exxon-Mobile at 81.50 [more in Cad and I think that price is close, maybe not exact]

Have the 1st 20,000.00 invested and starting on the next 20,000.00

The plan is to stick to Canadian bank stocks which did very well the past yr and also energy stocks. I did weaken and buy 100 shares of Barrick Gold Mining stock, which isn't doing so well from our purchase price. Lost 150.00

Exxon had a good yr, and plans on a huge buy back They will also use large amounts of capital to expand operations. At a time when most oil and gas can't find money, Exxon seems to have the money. I think oil and gas will increase in price in coming yrs when folks find out the green alternative won't fill the energy need and oil and gas producers should have a lucrative market

I plan on buying more Exxon as funds come into the bank acct. and watching the stk value

Not so sure about Barrick Gold but I think it will be okay, given some time.

0 likes
By metmike - Feb. 4, 2022, 4:30 p.m.
Like Reply

Wayne,

You just don't get it.

You don't get to call people names here, tell them THEY have the problem when they try to help you. Make up stories depicting them as stalking you when they try to help you by contacting you at the email you provided........trying to keep you from getting suspended. Then, after you make up the stalking story, I still tried several times here to communicate with you and you defiantly claimed that you don't have to follow rules here because you're a Canadian.

Then I tried again at this thread and you continue to tell me to go away.

Wayne, it doesn't work that way at any forum. You don't get to do what you want, including violating rules with no accountability, then make things up when its time to discuss it(rather than have any penalties) and tell the moderator to go away..repeatedly.  

I realize that you're having some personal issues but I've tried everything humanly possible and you are now telling me to leave you alone.....refusing to have a conversation and instead, want me to post the email so that you can turn it into a soap opera, with readers here being the spectators and since many are far right, you are hoping they do the same thing as  with everything so tribalistic and support you no matter what it shows.

Regardless, I've run out of options with Wayne the past week and lord knows that I've tried.

So I'll go ahead and show the email but you are suspended for the rest of the month or until, if you want to come back but you have to agree to abide by the rules. Contact me at the contact moderator button with an email address when/if you want to come back. Those are the rules Wayne, I didn't make that one either. That's exactly what Alex did too for those that think I'm picking on Wayne. In fact, Alex didn't have the friendship that I feel with Wayne and would have already put him in the penalty box.

For everybody else's satisfaction, I'll post the email that I sent to the email address Wayne has been using for every single post since he's been here. One reason to not show it is I don't want Wayne to look even worse..........I'm trying to help him.........NOT make him look bad.

Wayne, if you would prefer to talk over the phone, send me your phone number via contact moderator.

I would email you it but your the first person ever to insist my contacting them was stalking(and their wife fears for her life) so I'll honor that request but you need to come up with another way for me to contact you for a discussion.

metmike

By metmike - Feb. 4, 2022, 4:46 p.m.
Like Reply

Sent: Monday, January 31, 2022 4:15 PM

To: wglassfo@XXXXX.com <wglassfo@XXXXXX.com>

Subject: From metmike 

Wayne, you should think about sitting out the month of February to cool off a bit.

Making personal attacks and calling me names like pathetic, then being defiant about it several times and stating that I had the problem and really am pathetic, not your name calling.....the last few days, you know dang well is against our rules.

I was going to overlook it, thinking you just needed to blow off some steam but obviously not based on your continued behavior/doing this on Monday.

Doing nothing but  post Zero Hedge articles in the title to spite the moderator..............(when you never did that in your life) shows that it's gotten to your emotions and you are letting it destroy the relationship of a long lived friend trying to help you.

If you take the short month of February off and if you are up to it, post again in March after you've had some time

to think about it.

Under the current circumstances, you are extremely likely to say some things worse than calling the moderator pathetic that will not look good for you and as moderator, I have to take actions outside of the personal friendship and don't want to do that.

You are welcome to post exactly like you have the past umpteenth years.

If you come back making personal attacks and calling the moderator names and only posting on Zero Hedge to be defiant............then it will be too soon for you to come back.

We'll be looking forward to your return in March or sooner if you agree to stop making personal attacks, calling names and returning to acting like your previous self..........being civil.

Your friend

Mike

By hayman - Feb. 6, 2022, 12:14 p.m.
Like Reply

To think that a man of your means and experience would expend such energy, wasting that of which remains of your life. How can you expect your body to heal with such a quarrelsome attitude?  Do you even read the NTR posts on Love, Being Grateful and Forgiveness here?  Your behavior gives me monumental pause for thought, reflecting on my own often surly conduct.  Lashing out at those who really care.  The "victim" role is not conducive to healing anything.  And especially not healthy for trading success!  Thank you for knocking my noggin with real cold water.  Brrrr! I'm awake and alive this morning. And glad you are , too.  One more thing... Whining over losing $150 on some gold stock is beyond hilarious.  Is that where your focus is?  Get away from investing.  You don't have the right temperement.  None of us do.  It is an acquired skill, by learning and exercising and then learning some more.  

By metmike - Feb. 6, 2022, 12:24 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks much hayman for some wonderful perspective and wisdom!

We really do have incredibly huge amounts of things to be grateful for in this wonderful, blessed age of human history.

But it's so easy to totally lose site of that when we instead, dwell on trivial items of negativity that drag us down into the world of  despondency.....often as the result of the sources that we use which help define our frame of mind.

Happiness and fulfillment are determined to some extent by a combination/mix of attitude and achievements and expectations.

Attitude and expectations are 100% within us to control every day of our lives. Achievements sometimes are not..........which is why we can adjust our attitudes and expectations to being realistic, so that they are in a place that  maintains happiness and fulfillment.........which in the end..........results in GREATER achievements.  

Reasonstobethankful here in 2022............and all the years to follow!

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/45623/

0 likes
By wglassfo - Feb. 6, 2022, 12:41 p.m.
Like Reply

Thank you hayman

I wasn't whining about 150.00

I've spent more than that for breakfast at a hotel in Toronto for my wife and myself

Just a simple statement was all it was

The portfolio is doing very well, so far.

Now as to Mike's attitude

I wonder who decides

I think he deleted all my posts

Some of which had good content

But it seems Mike is the spiteful sort of person

That would do such a thing to prove who has the power

Our PM Trudeau is trying to exert the same sort of power, but in a much bigger way

He wants the 10 million trucker fund

By the way MM??  What have I done wrong besides call you pathetic which may be true 

Who decides what my sins might be???

I've lost track of my sins

I remember you wanted my telephone number

As if any same person would give such info over the inter net. 

Golly what other screwball ideas did you want me to do??? I forget

0 likes
By metmike - Feb. 6, 2022, 12:53 p.m.
Like Reply

Wayne,

I've spent more time than this deserves but I never give up on anybody.

However, I'm not going to keep repeating the exact same things over and over. 

The ball is in your court. You have complete, 100%  control over where this goes. Fighting against following the reasonable rules that have always kept MarketForum authentic for 2+ decades will NOT resolve it. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/81340/#81426