Fake Trump electors scheme
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Jan. 26, 2022, 2:17 p.m.

Deputy AG: DOJ investigating fake Trump electors

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/591379-deputy-ag-doj-investigating-fake-trump-electors

Deputy Attorney General Lisa Monaco said in an interview with CNN on Tuesday that the Department of Justice is investigating fake electors supporting former President Trump during the 2020 presidential election.

Fake documents were sent to the National Archives in December alleging electors for the Electoral College supported Trump in seven states President Biden had won.

"We've received those referrals. Our prosecutors are looking at those and I can't say anything more on ongoing investigations," Monaco told the outlet.

She did not go into further detail about the investigation but said the department more broadly is "going to follow the facts and the law, wherever they lead, to address conduct of any kind and at any level that is part of an assault on our democracy."

The fake elector certificates were sent from Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona, Wisconsin, Nevada, Michigan and New Mexico.

Multiple officials, including Michigan’s attorney general, have called on the Justice Department to investigate the documents and take action if needed.

The House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol has subpoenaed Trump’s former lawyer Rudy Giuliani for his alleged involvement in the fake elector plot.

“You actively promoted claims of election fraud on behalf of former President Trump and sought to convince state legislators to take steps to overturn the election results,” the committee said in the subpoena.

Sources told CNN the Trump campaign was active in the fake electors scheme and the recruitment of electors for the falsified certificates.

"It was Rudy and these misfit characters who started calling the shots," a former Trump campaign staffer told CNN. "The campaign was throwing enough sh-t at the wall to see what would stick."

Trump continues to peddle false claims that he won the 2020 presidential election and refuses to concede."

Comments
By TimNew - Jan. 26, 2022, 3:17 p.m.
Like Reply

In the unlikely event this turns out to be true,  it implicates one of the stupidest political moves in a country famous for them.  An effort like this would have less chance of changing the election results than the Jan 6th riots.

But it is being investigated by the DOJ. The same DOJ that decided to treat parents protesting at school board meeting as domestic terrorists. So there is that.  :-)

Let's wait, with bated breath I'm sure, for the outcome of this latest drama.

By metmike - Jan. 26, 2022, 7:31 p.m.
Like Reply

Stating that it isn't true because of X, Y and Z in the past is just ignoring the facts of THIS case, which is completely independent of previous cases, X, Y and Z.

Stating that this was dumb is missing the point actually which was that Trump actually outsmarted most republicans but tricking them into thinking the election was stolen from him by Biden.

That was an obstacle that he overcame with his brainwashing......convincing most republicans that the election was actually rigged and that Donald Trump was the legit president and it was stolen from him from the same people persecuting him with the Meuller Witch hunt. .....trying to steal away his presidency.

You know he did that. We all watched him do that. 

However, he was unable to overcome other obstacles because non Trump enthusists and people loyal to the Constitution stopped him.

We know that it could never have succeeded but look how much progress he made and how many tens of millions of people he convinced?

Even now, we have tens of millions of  people defending him and pretending he didn't really do what all the facts show that he did. 

Those people being continually being skeptical of all the powerful facts showing all objective minds exactly what he did and never acknowledging any of it.

See this explanation that I can repeat until the cows come home or until Trump is convicted but will never sink in to minds that don't want to contemplate it.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/80835/#80858

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77011/#79364

By TimNew - Jan. 27, 2022, 3:33 a.m.
Like Reply

I am not saying it's false.

I am just saying, let's wait for the facts to fully come out.   I say this because we have seen several "Trumped" up scandals (pun intentded) over the last few years that turned out to be somewhat less than true, to put it politely. Furher, I have ZERO confidence in our current DOJ.

I find the entire story very unlikely because anyone who has spent any time within 20 miles of politics and elections knows this would not work.  Why would they even try, knowing the best case was federal charges?

Case in point,   we are just hearing about this and those states obviously did not go for Trump.

By metmike - Jan. 27, 2022, 11:54 a.m.
Like Reply

We agree then that we need to find out more to vet these facts.

I agree that it makes no sense to think that this could work.

It also made no sense for Trump and his pals to do what they did for 2+ months to try to flip the election results.........not just legal challenges but the incredible amount of total bs that was hundreds of times more bs than any other president trying to DEAD SERIOUSLY,  overturn the election result #1, top priority well above anything else as president priority. 

With that in mind, this new fact is absolutely consistent with everything else and was just the next step in the well thought out scheme.

To not seriously consider this is to totally under appreciate Trump's mindset.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/80835/#80860

I'm glad that you agree that we've not heard anything about this. This is why we have investigations.........to learn new things.

If it's bogus...........we'll know that too hopefully and it will make that side look bad.

If it's true, it's just more evidence of the same thing. and honestly, to me is not that shocking at all.

If it's true Tim, what will be your view  then?