Odds of being killed round 2
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - July 18, 2018, 7:31 p.m.

Are you more likely to be killed by a dog?" orrrrrrr

Are you more likely to be killed by a shark?

Guesses, jokes, comments and especially poems are now encouraged in your response.

Comments
By silverspiker - July 18, 2018, 7:33 p.m.
Like Reply

going with dogs'  ... who let the dogs out... woof woof...

By JP - July 18, 2018, 8:59 p.m.
Like Reply

How about if you're Aquaman?

By carlberky - July 18, 2018, 9:11 p.m.
Like Reply

Almost all people live on the land.

Almost all dogs live on the land.

Very few sharks live on the land ( except for Vegas and Reno ).

I'll have to go with our furry friends ( Pit Bulls alone probably beat out the  sharks. )

By metmike - July 19, 2018, 8:46 p.m.
Like Reply

The likelihood of being killed by a dog is 1 in 18 million..............on the planet supposedly. 

The odds of being attacked by a shark attack is 1 in 11.5 million worldwide.............so you are more likely to be attacked by a shark than to be killed by a dog but only a handful of 65 people attacked by the sharks are actually killed by sharks each year, so obviously the dogs kill more people.............but wait a second, the statistic about more shark attacks each year than dogs killing people doesn't bark right. 

It is  according to this source:

http://www.lifeinsurancequotes.org/additional-resources/deadly-statistics/

I had to apply some critical thinking using my Carl sense:

Almost all people live on the land.

Almost all dogs live on the land.

Very few sharks live on the land ( except for Vegas and Reno ).

I'll have to go with our furry friends ( Pit Bulls alone probably beat out the  sharks. )

Here's another source that gives us a completely different view and statistic:

https://dogbitelaw.com/dog-bite-statistics/all-dog-bite-statistics

Approximately 750,000 dog bite victims require medical care each year.....just in the United States.  Obviously, sharks bite a little harder than dogs but dogs, just in the US kill around 35 people per year, which is half as many as the shark attacks everywhere in a year.

So we have 2 contradicting sources. Who do we believe? One is an insurance company that supported Clinton and the other is a dog attorney that supported Trump.

That's a joke of course but some people would believe or disbelieve facts based on that.