Rand Paul vs Dr. Fauci
12 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Jan. 12, 2022, 11:58 a.m.

I have always felt that Rand Paul represents much of my political ideology....as a libertarian leaning person with many of my views.

Republicans that watch this video/interview will see it as a huge positive for Rand Paul and negative for Dr. Fauci......which is exactly why Dr. Paul is doing this.

However, for my objective, non politically thinking mind,  this video is the absolute low point in Rand Paul's long, productive career.

This was so incredibly unethical and pathetic, using lies and distortions to try to smear Fauci and personally attack him  to score political points (which it does) instead of having anything to help Americans to be better protected from a virus that has killed his constituents at a much higher rate because of Rand Pauls lies and distortions.

One of the saddest things I've witnessed in politics during my life............all for personal political gain of the attacker. 

JUST IN: Rand Paul And Dr. Fauci Engage In Another Epic Senate Clash: 'Reprehensible!'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpNp0EVak4w

Dear Dr. Paul,

These stats below show what your attacking Fauci and the COVID vaccine in 2021 did to the people that you are targeting with your politics to get support/votes.

90,000 US COVID-19 deaths could have been prevented             

Started by metmike - Jan. 9, 2022, 4:23 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/80126/

Comments
By mcfarm - Jan. 12, 2022, 12:02 p.m.
Like Reply

and lo and behold St Fauci calling a US Senator a moron in open senate session deserves not even a mention. So surprised

By metmike - Jan. 12, 2022, 12:05 p.m.
Like Reply

Of course that's what you got from it........of course it is.

My personal view of this performance and what Rand Paul has done, causing so many deaths to republicans in 2021 would make the term "moron" seem like a compliment.

He just reinforces the brainwash for the people that are unable to see the objective truths, thousands that died in 2021 because of it. Not might have but absolutely, positively DID die in 2021 because of MISinformation about the COVID vaccine that Rand Paul pushes and Dr. Fauci fights(to save American lives).

Fauci is not perfect and I've got on his case about several issues (masks/protests/origin of virus)  but he has it right on the vaccinations......which was the most important element of this issue determining who died and who did not that got COVID in 2021. 

By TimNew - Jan. 12, 2022, 12:48 p.m.
Like Reply

So you presume to know more than Dr Paul.  

By metmike - Jan. 12, 2022, 1:07 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Tim,

This is about politics for Dr. Paul and republicans. It's entirely about objective science, backed by authentic data for me.

Got any data that contradicts this below Tim?

Plenty of words,  yes and you are welcome to continue to post your opinions based on words but I'm just checking to see if you have any authentic  data that offsets the data below, because I've never seen any and assume that by now, we'd have seen it.

Isolated, outlier, cherry picked studies or opinions like those gunter and cfdr posted and hung their entire MISinformation campaign hat on are numerous and what one side clings to but what I want to see is legit data that shows the powerful data below is not so. 

90,000 US COVID-19 deaths could have been prevented             

Started by metmike - Jan. 9, 2022, 4:23 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/80126/

By TimNew - Jan. 12, 2022, 1:55 p.m.
Like Reply

Perhaps you and Dr. Paul should have a debate. You could set an awful lot of people straight.   And surely,  your hours of looking at questionable data more than qualifies you to debate his  decade +  education.  I'd truly find it enlightneing.

By metmike - Jan. 12, 2022, 2:59 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Tim!

So you don't have the data but your your rebuttal it just to say mine is questionable and somebody more qualified than me  is your spokesperson.

But your position, no matter what will never be to actually acknowledge the data/proven science.

And it doesn't matter that I'm an actual scientist with an additional 2 years of actuarial science presenting it either Tim.

The authentic data..............is the authentic data.

Whether Albert Einstein is presenting it or an uneducated buffoon is presenting it. 

Nothing that your side can do or say will bring back the lives of over 100,000 unvaccinated people that died in 2021, who did not have to die...........but you can pretend it didn't happen and claim that the data is wrong.

By TimNew - Jan. 12, 2022, 3:22 p.m.
Like Reply

I'm just suggesting you debate Dr. Paul.  Surely you'd make short work of him.

And Fauci himself said the covid data is inaccuarate.  You trust Fauci,  right?

By metmike - Jan. 12, 2022, 6:13 p.m.
Like Reply

Very funny Tim.

Rand Paul is a world class/elite orator/debater and would eat my lunch on any topic, even climate change in a debate.........despite my 11 years on television and decent speaking skills and having all the data on my side.

While on television, one of the statements that I heard numerous times was "It's not what you say but how you say it" 

Rand Paul is a master that knows exactly what to say AND how to say everything. He is  gifted at it as most politicians are(that's how most get elected). But he is the best of the best and would obliterate metmike on any stage.

We got a perfect example of him applying those skills in this video at the top of the thread, which is actually why I started the thread, to show him doing it. 

Taking bs and using it to embarrass Fauci for republicans to see. 

It's Not What You Say, It's How You Say It: Why Perception Matters When Presenting

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adriandearnell/2018/07/10/its-not-what-you-say-its-how-you-say-it-why-perception-matters-when-presenting/?sh=147a68f930ad

By TimNew - Jan. 13, 2022, 2:52 a.m.
Like Reply

Ahh.  Of course.    

:-)

By metmike - Jan. 14, 2022, 1:13 a.m.
Like Reply

An old video has surfaced of Sen. Rand Paul telling students that spreading misinformation is a 'great tactic'

https://www.insider.com/old-video-resurfaces-rand-paul-telling-students-misinformation-great-tactic-2022-1

• A video re-surfaced of Sen. Rand Paul telling students that spreading misinformation is a "great tactic."          
  • The Kentucky senator was speaking to students in 2013 at the University of Louisville.                 
  • He said he would spread misinformation about tests to competing students to mislead them before exams because it "works."

An old video has surfaced of Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul telling an auditorium of students that he would occasionally spread misinformation, calling it a "great tactic." 

The clip, posted to Twitter by epidemiologist Eric Feigl-Ding, shows the Kentucky senator speaking to students during a lecture at the University of Louisville's school of medicine in 2013. 

The lecture was reported on at the time by The Atlantic, which detailed the context of the question. According to The Atlantic, Paul was asked by a student if he had "last-minute advice" for their exams the next day. 

In response, Paul said that he "never, ever cheated" and did not condone the practice, but added: "But I would sometimes spread misinformation. This is a great tactic. Misinformation can be very important." 

Paul then described how he and some classmates would spread misinformation to students they viewed as competitors and send them down the wrong path during exam prep. 

"We just started spreading the rumor that we knew what was on the test, and it was definitely going to be all about the liver, everything, a vast majority of the questions all about the liver," he said. "We tried to trick all of our competing students into over-studying for the liver and not studying for the kidney and every other organ." 

"That's my advice, misinformation works," Paul said.

Representatives for Paul did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Insider.

The video surfaced after NIAID director Dr. Anthony Fauci accused Paul this week of spreading misinformation about him for political gain

"What happens when [Paul] gets out and accuses me of things that are completely untrue is that it kindles the crazies out there, and I have threats upon my life, [and] harassment of my family and my children with obscene phone calls because people are lying about me," Fauci said. 

Fauci then held up a printout from Paul's campaign website, which read: "Fire Dr. Fauci." 

"You have politically attacked your colleagues and in a politically reprehensible way you have attacked their reputations," Fauci said. 

Fauci and Paul, an ophthalmologist, have repeatedly clashed, with Fauci accusing Paul of lying to Congress during a heated exchange during a Senate hearing in July.  

metmike: Spreading MISinformation is exactly what Rand Paul has been doing to Dr. Fauci.............as I showed in the video that started this thread. Now we have confirmation of this being an advisable strategy from his own mouth. 

Added: whether it’s a joke or not.

I used to like Rand Paul a great deal and still line up with some of his views but his dispicable, unethical and very dishonest treatment of Fauci has caused my respect for him to go into the toilet. 

The disagreement in the positions has nothing to do with it. The lies and MISinformation he spews because he hates Fauci are the problem.      

By TimNew - Jan. 14, 2022, 3:11 a.m.
Like Reply

MM. You're grabbing onto any nugget you can.   This was obviously a joke, and the laughter of the audience at the end should have tipped you off.     Note the selective edit. They took one small clip of a much longer speech.

As you have said,  Dr Paul is a smart man and a good politician.  Even if he believed this,  do you think he would honestly give  advice like this in such a public fashion?

By metmike - Jan. 14, 2022, 8:46 a.m.
Like Reply

I apologize for not making it more clear last night because it was late.

This advise by Dr. Paul that he was giving as a joke years ago was exactly what he has been using recently when it comes to COVID vaccines and dr. Fauci so I should have made it more clear that it shows his hypocracy.