Winter Wheat ratings plunge!
13 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Jan. 6, 2022, 2:28 a.m.

@kannbwx

From Monday: U.S. winter #wheat conditions in top HRW states Kansas and Oklahoma have plunged.

KS Jan. 2: 33% good/exc; 25% poor/very poor 

Dec. 12: 51% ge; 14% pvp 

Nov. 28: 62% ge; 10% ge 

OK Dec. 31: 20% ge; 44% pvp

Nov. 28: 48% ge; 16% pvp

Comments
By hayman - Jan. 6, 2022, 11:39 a.m.
Like Reply

And of course, on that news, wheat prices have plunged doubly!  Boy, is that wheat "dumb" or what?  Love the way Natty was described that way here.  Useful to place blame on an inert object, isn't it?  Like blaming hammer for hitting one's finger, I know I'm more than prone to it! Today I have friends (at least I think they are?) that are yelling at how dumb crypto coins are.  And the precious metals, now that's some dumb commodities today, look at the price crash.  Don't they know about inflation?!?  Kudos to Rich that predicted Crude Oil would gain.  Now, there's a smart commodity, lucky for Rich to have sided with it.  And doubly wiser for the elite Plumber Coast Guarder to have foretold and even profited from the envisioned dumbness of Gold!  I bought wheat because I guessed right on its condition worldwide, and suffering brutally today.  Never realizing how dumb it is.  And my Japanese Yen buy from a month ago... Don't get me started.  A dumber currency DOES NOT EXIST!  And I have the losses TO PROVE IT  

By metmike - Jan. 6, 2022, 11:53 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks hayman,

That was the news from this last Monday afternoon, confirming what many of us already knew and the market knew  back in November/December!

KC wheat            

15 responses |               

Started by metmike - Nov. 21, 2021, 8:55 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/78153/

"Weather has turned more bullish/dry in drought areas for the Hard Red Winter wheat!

It almost gapped higher, opening at the highs from Friday and is up over 10c."

By hayman - Jan. 6, 2022, 1:06 p.m.
Like Reply

I bought based on extended pullback already expecterd to conclude and resume bull romp.  Also USSR and Ukraine dustup should rocket the wheat, especially.  Ukraine yesterday announced severely reduced expectation based on dryness and fertilizer tightness.  FInally Kazak unrest miught impact, Kaz being a big exporter.  And now I see that wheat is getting smarter, by the close, who knows.  Read that wheat could easily rock to $10, Probably to $15, with a reasonable aim for $20.  And then again, I'm easily swayed, my mind kidnapped by newletter purveyors and fear mongers!

By metmike - Jan. 6, 2022, 1:25 p.m.
Like Reply

" And then again, I'm easily swayed, my mind kidnapped by newletter purveyors and fear mongers!"

Very funny. You'd be surprised........most people actually are or the sources wouldn't be getting rich and have an influence off of  it and tv commercials wouldn't be making billions if people didn't believe that stuff.

"with a reasonable aim for $20. "

You sure that your statement at the top was a joke?

By mcfarm - Jan. 6, 2022, 1:40 p.m.
Like Reply

not surprised at whet ratings as from day 1 the wheat planted as looked like crap. Most say way too much fall rain, some say herbicide carry over and now no snow cover and frigid. any way you look the wheat has no color or very bad color, spotty stands or worse

By becker - Jan. 6, 2022, 2:06 p.m.
Like Reply

TDAm broker does not support the KC HRW trade contract. What broker would you use?

By hayman - Jan. 6, 2022, 2:29 p.m.
Like Reply

whaddaya mean?  KE is the symbol, right?  Both Schwab and TD (who they recently bought), run the hard red winter.  Tht's the old Kansas City, right?  Or am I twisted crooked?

By becker - Jan. 6, 2022, 2:33 p.m.
Like Reply

Ty, /ke.  Do you know the Minni wheat symbol?

By metmike - Jan. 6, 2022, 2:50 p.m.
Like Reply

KE  (Hard Red Winter Wheat) moved to the Chicago Board of Trade a few years ago. Maybe that's why you can't find it?

MWE is Minneapolis(Spring Hard Red Wheat)

ZW is the Chicago wheat(Soft Red Winter Wheat)

XW is the Mini Chicago Wheat. Not sure how much smaller. Never traded a mini before in 30 years of trading.

There is no Mini for KE or MWE as far as I know.

By metmike - Jan. 6, 2022, 2:58 p.m.
Like Reply

Wheat Mini Mar '22  (XWH22)  

746-7  -13-7  (-1.82%)  13:44 CT [CBOT] 

https://www.barchart.com/futures/quotes/XW*1/profile

By becker - Jan. 6, 2022, 4:19 p.m.
Like Reply

The Minniapolis wheat contract symbol for TDAm?

By metmike - Jan. 6, 2022, 5:09 p.m.
Like Reply

Sorry, I don't know anything about them. 

By MarkB - Jan. 7, 2022, 12:58 a.m.
Like Reply

This post has brought me around to looking at wheat. And when I investigated it, I have found wheat to be in a downtrend since before Christmas. Don't know the fundamental reasons why, but I would not be long in this market right now, according to the charts. Might add it to the list of markets to trade. I have several.