Omicron
8 responses | 0 likes
Started by Jim_M - Dec. 3, 2021, 1:08 p.m.
Comments
Re: Omicron
0 likes
By mcfarm - Dec. 3, 2021, 1:12 p.m.
Like Reply

thanks Jim but even more disturbing it seems to me is the powers that be requesting 55 years to release all relevant data about this virus to the public. Think about that, 55 years. Why would that be? The year 2076. We are expected to sit and die off for 55 years to see what big gov has been up during this pandemic.

Re: Re: Omicron
0 likes
By Jim_M - Dec. 3, 2021, 1:21 p.m.
Like Reply

I'll do you one better Mcfarm.  For all we know, this virus was designed to get more lethal with every itineration.  The fact that we continue to do business with the country where this came from boggles my mind.  

By mcfarm - Dec. 3, 2021, 1:22 p.m.
Like Reply

times a thousand

By metmike - Dec. 3, 2021, 2:27 p.m.
Like Reply

Since we've been tracking virus behavior accurately, which is for numerous decades, we've ALWAYS had seasonal increases during the cold weather seasons of the Northern Hemisphere.

I would expect that to be the case this Winter.

South Africa is in the Southern Hemisphere and approaching their Summer.........but COVID, as we know is not seasonal.

With the flu, when you double the humidity, the amount of virus that can survive after 1 hour is cut in half. This is enough to drop the levels quickly below the threshold of being extremely contagious. 

COVID is much more contagious though. So cutting it in half, still  doesn't cause it to drop below the threshold which keeps it from widely being spread..........which is what happens to the flu virus in the Spring but never happens with COVID(even though it certainly helps during the humid months).

Reliable Statistics on COVID/opinions +Virus Season            

19 responses |            

Started by metmike - Nov. 11, 2021, 7:54 p.m.       

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77622/

I wouldn't hang your hats on new pieces of information regarding the new variant.

We already have blatantly biased sources that use unknowns to wildly speculate........and present information that influence the way they want people to think about things.

This is the perfect environment for it.

I have no idea how bad it might or might not be. Nobody does at this point.

By Jim_M - Dec. 3, 2021, 3:19 p.m.
Like Reply

All true, but if you're an oil trader (especially if you're an oil trader) the last thing you want to be is long when hysteria hits.  We went from South Africa saying "it's nothing" to, it's something in just a couple days.  We went from a couple people infected to 1000's infected in just a couple days.

Never a dull moment.   

By metmike - Dec. 3, 2021, 6:52 p.m.
Like Reply

Additional discussion:

New COVID variant!/COVID News            

11 responses |               

Started by metmike - Nov. 26, 2021, 12:11 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/78356/

By TimNew - Dec. 4, 2021, 5:55 a.m.
Like Reply

So far, the severity of Omicron symptoms appear to be very mild even tho it appears to be far more contagious.  Also,  it's very likely this milder version will provide natural immunity to the more severe variants.

Trade accordingly and anticipate the market reactions when the hype is seen for what it is.

By mcfarm - Dec. 4, 2021, 7:33 a.m.
Like Reply

wow Tim. Great points I never thought of. The powers that be would have a conniption fit if what you described happened. And in 55 years we commoners may even allowed to read the facts. Of course by that time the elites will have traded to the tune of billions and Pelosi would be even richer but the trader feature would be exhausted long before the peons are allowed.