seems like pretty big covid news that no one carried
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - Nov. 12, 2021, 4:52 p.m.
Comments
By metmike - Nov. 12, 2021, 5:02 p.m.
Like Reply

I must be missing something mcfarm,

Why would anybody that recovers from being sick from anything, meaning that they no longer have the virus in their body from the sickness be able to transmit the disease.............any disease or sickness.

When was the last time somebody with a cold, recovered, then several days later......gave it to other people?

It's like...........impossible.

You're only contagious BEFORE you recover and you are still shedding virus.........for every sickness. 

What am I missing?

By metmike - Nov. 13, 2021, 10:21 a.m.
Like Reply

OK, I get it now. Very odd claim. 

It's after they get COVID AGAIN a 2nd time after having COVID the first time.

The case is that getting COVID the first time gives you much greater protection.

The funny thing, is that their evidence of this great protection...............is evidence of it NOT BEING GREAT PROTECTION.

If having COVID armed your immune system as greatly as advertised.........why did they get COVID the 2nd time?

I don't think the CDC even keeps stats of whether a person got infected from a vaccinated or unvaccinated person. How could you possibly know in the vast majority of cases?

When you get a COVID positive result, it doesn't tell you who gave COVID to you or whether that person was vaccinated or not.

I'm not claiming having that COVID isn't as good as getting vaccinated or possibly even better. 

But why get COVID to acquire immunity. There's a 2% chance of dying and 50% chance of getting long COVID.........having lingering problems that last for 6 months.

What is the side affect of the vaccination?

I'm having one right now because I got my COVID booster shot vaccination yesterday. 

My left arm is sore and feels like it does after I do a strength training routine the day before. My right are is sore too...........where I got a flu vaccine.

That's it.  I feel wonderful other than that.

By metmike - Nov. 13, 2021, 10:33 a.m.
Like Reply

Getting the COVID vaccine shot reduces your chances of having this  below happen by 11 times.

Does getting COVID also reduce your chances of having this happen?

It doesn't reduce it because.........It's actually THE CAUSE for this to happen when you get COVID the first time!!!

How many people get 'long COVID'? More than half, researchers find

Half of COVID survivors experience lingering symptoms six months after recovery

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/10/211013114112.htm

The investigators noted several trends among survivors, such as:

•     
  • General well-being: More than half of all patients reported weight loss, fatigue, fever or pain.
  •     
  • Mobility: Roughly one in five survivors experienced a decrease in mobility.
  •     
  • Neurologic concerns: Nearly one in four survivors experienced difficulty concentrating.
  •     
  • Mental health disorders: Nearly one in three patients were diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorders.
  •     
  • Lung abnormalities: Six in ten survivors had chest imaging abnormality and more than a quarter of patients had difficulty breathing.
  •     
  • Cardiovascular issues: Chest pain and palpitations were among the commonly reported conditions.
  •     
  • Skin conditions: Nearly one in five patients experienced hair loss or rashes.
  •     
  • Digestive issues: Stomach pain, lack of appetite, diarrhea and vomiting were among the commonly reported conditions.

"These findings confirm what many health care workers and COVID-19 survivors have been claiming, namely, that adverse health effects from COVID-19 can linger," said co-lead investigator Vernon Chinchilli, chair of the Department of Public Health Sciences. "Although previous studies have examined the prevalence of long COVID symptoms among patients, this study examined a larger population, including people in high-, middle- and low-income countries, and examined many more symptoms. Therefore, we believe our findings are quite robust given the available data."

"The burden of poor health in COVID-19 survivors is overwhelming," said co-lead investigator Dr. Paddy Ssentongo, assistant professor at the Penn State Center for Neural Engineering. "Among these are the mental health disorders. One's battle with COVID doesn't end with recovery from the acute infection. Vaccination is our best ally to prevent getting sick from COVID-19 and to reduce the chance of long-COVID even in the presence of a breakthrough infection."

By metmike - Nov. 13, 2021, 10:41 a.m.
Like Reply

The most incredible thing about a profoundly powerful stat like that one  above for why a person should get vaccinated, is that people will read it............... then go to a far right site and read some anti COVID vaccine crap and forget all the science they could have learned here!

By hayman - Nov. 13, 2021, 2:27 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - Nov. 13, 2021, 3:02 p.m.
Like Reply

hayman,

20 hours after my 3rd COVID shot in the left arm and flu shot in the right arm and I'm still alive/feel great.........just a bit of expected soreness in BOTH arms. No worse than the soreness  a day after a strength training workout.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77622/#77631